X-Men: Dark Phoenix' Director Reveals New Details On Jessica Chastain's Secret Role

>The first-look feature on X-Men: Dark Phoenix provided insights while also raising some very pertinent questions. Of the character and plot details that were revealed, one thing stuck out as vague and mysterious: who is the Marvel Comics villain being played by Jessica Chastain?

>This info comes on top of recent descriptions of her character being "an otherwordly shapeshifter who manipulates Phoenix for her own agenda. Chastain's villain is quiet but brutal." The actress herself also revealed a bit more, stating that her inspiration for this character is, "the vet who tells you you need to put your dog down. There’s something very clinical about it."

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/08/x-men-dark-phoenix-jessica-chastain-skrull-veranke/

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Uncanny-X-Men-1963/Issue-132?id=22803
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>shapeshifter who manipulates Phoenix for her own agenda. Chastain's villain is quiet but brutal

Jean Grey is the greatest telepath in the Marvel universe, how was she cheated by some random Skrull?

because she's still a teenager

Ever get the feeling this movie is going to be intentionally made shit before FOX sells out to Disney?

This will be a disaster. Thanks God based Disney is taking back the franchise.

Veranke a qt

explain Apocalypse, then

THIS

Just give the rights back to Disney, Fox.

It’s the morally right thing to do.

Phoenix isn't created by a Skrull, Phoenix is created because Jean Grey is in a mission in space and their ship gets hit by a solar flare. She probably tries to protect it with her telekinesis and then she gets phoenixed.

That is actually faithfull to the books

this skrull seems to want to put down Jean-Phoenix, because she considers her a galactic threat in her new state

Explain what?

it was shit, but made well before there was any news of a buyout

No is not.

Why the fuck would they use a Skrull when this story is about a WAYYYY fucking cooler group of aliens. I can't fucking wait for Kinsberg to be fired.
He's the biggest hack in capeshit and sci-fi. He's also the one one that suggested all of the shit indie directors to Kathleen Kennedy (other than JJ) for Star Wars. I hope Feige fires him personally.

BTW- Logan, Deadpool, were only good because he was hands off on them. In the main X-Men/New Mutants/Fantastic Four universe he is Fox's Feige.

Oh, well I could see this being worse. They're already dipping their fingers into Skrull stuff for no reason

>cooler group of aliens
hello
we are the Shi'ar
we are loosely based on birds and have stupid bird hairdos and fight with each other like children over the throne
we have literally no other backstory or culture beyond one of us being Charles Xavier's fuckbuddy

I think that's a pretty good idea to introduce all this X-men cosmic stuff. Considering they haven't done shit with the shi'ar prior having Veranke come down and try to use Jean for the Skrulls, presumably only for the Shi'ar to appear later in the movie is a decent enough idea. That's only if any other aliens actually show up.

yeah, buy they have the imperial guard. that's a million times cooler than skrulls or the black order.

Where is the Shi’ar?

Killed by the Phoenix in the distant past.

The Shi'ar and Imperial Guard will 100% exist in the Feige X-Men universe. He has a massive hardy for Star Wars and sci-fi.

What? Isn't the Phoenix Force an actual entity that's been watching Jean all her life? Then as she's dying from the radiation on re-entry, The Phoenix Force comes to save the life of her and her friends, on the condition that it becomes its host?

Where's this whole "radiation turned her into the Phoenix" deal coming from?

Plus, we've ALREADY seen the big flaming bird in X-MEN: APOCALYPSE so it's not like the solar radiation in space creates it in this movie.

Never go full retard

Fuck off.

It's funny to me that you think that.

Jean becomes the Phoenix in the comics, when the X-Men were in space, there was a hole on the wall, which she had to cover with her telekinesis, and she had to drive the ship back into earth, which she did by telepathically taking that knowledge from some astronaut.

then energy comes from the sun in the form of a flare, Jean dies and resurrects, the space station crushes in the ocean, and Jean reappears from the water as the phoenix.

it's like the phoenix which was in space felt attracted to that display of psychic powers, like thunder falling on the highest building of a city.

>Namefag calling anyone retarded

You never read, uh?

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Uncanny-X-Men-1963/Issue-132?id=22803

she at the time (Pre-Dark Phoenix) was the mutant most powerful in the world, I hope that puts that hole

No problem with that plot
but I hope for a second part
with the hands of Marvel in the command

>Phoenix Force

I really hate this Phoenix Force bullshit
A entity?
leave the character powerful, she dies and resurrects, her name is Phoenix
Marvel comics should never have gone full retarded like that

The Phoenix being an entity was a retcon to justify reviving Jean.

Jen don't need retcon
She's the fucking Phoenix