Are there good comics happening underwater? No capeshit

Are there good comics happening underwater? No capeshit.

I know it's pretty divisive, but I like Remender and Tocchini's Low.

You silly cunt you can't read underwater.

The Wake was pretty good but it gets kinda silly toward the end.

The Underwater Welder

>no capeshit
Well, fuck you then. I was going to recommend some spicy aquatic adventure comics (that weren't aquaman or Namor) but you can just eat my asshole.

Where do you draw the line at capeshit anyway? Is any type of super power- science based, supernatural or otherwise out of the question? Do you want a comic grounded firmly in reality? Why not just say that?!

you know what, fuck you. you're getting nothin' from me boyo.

Swimming in Blood is an amazing comic that takes place in Judge Dredd’s world

There's a amazing story with namor called the depth, it has nothing to do with capeshit since Namor is more like a mithycal creature and it's about a group of scientist wanting to know if he's even real

Derelict in parts
Scrub Diving

>Where do you draw the line at capeshit anyway?

Characters dressed in skintight spandex or some other bright coloured outfit, with super-human powers they got from some fantastical source, that they use to do heroics or anti-heroics, with the point of the story being that they use their fantastic powers to do fantastic things. Also, 99% of it is shit because it's just pandering to a trend or a demographic, instead of trying to tell a good story. Exemptions prove the rule.

OP makes a valid point when specifying that he wants no capeshit. Presumably he wants a real story told in a comic book form, not the adventures of Joe Fish as he saves the day by talking to fish.

Friendly reminder that Kojima was right about everything.

Sub-Mariner the depths is great and out of continuity so you don’t have to worry about any capeshit

Kojima's a hack. he literally lifted those ideas from more brilliant people.

Devlin Waugh: Swimming in Blood.

In the world of Judge Dredd a very dandy exorcist from the Vatican fights Vampires in an underwater base.

Carthago

Plot kicks off with the sighting of a Megalodon. Story goes from there to include an eccentric billionaire collector, eco-terrorists, , under sea ruins, and a girl who can breath under water.

What part of no capeshit didn't you understand, user?

Dept.H by Matt Kindt. It starts off as an underwater murder mystery and things start getting worse from there.

I second this too.

I think that user was asking because the term is so damn vague. For example, there are quite a few pulp-era comics where the main character is more over-the-top than some of the more grounded capes, but whether they're "capeshit" is debatable.

Of course you can, you just have to laminate the pages so they don't get soaked.

It's a shame that the big two ran superhero comics into the ground, because some old heroes like Phantom and The Shadow are fucking great.

1. Fukushima wrote that
2. It's poorly regurgitated ideas from old genre fiction, most of it completely nonsensical. You don't let 'content' develop in a series of mires, then waddle among them and cherry pick the context; Today, all that content is just a distraction that's guided towards whatever breeds the most distraction; no context needs to be created.
3. Read more.

Is this some sort of shitpost? Low isn't capeshit.

This scene is one of the most powerful in all of the entire MGS saga. The way he creepily describes with accuracy what is happening today is perfect.

can't find them in archive

Avoid the Wake. Shit sucks.

The word capeshit doesn't mean a damn thing. What these idiots who make these threads really mean is no big 2.

at first i thought it meant no spandex costumes or super powers but they jerk off to shit like Hellboy. its baffling.

How is Hellboy capeshit again?

>The word capeshit doesn't mean a damn thing. What these idiots who make these threads really mean is no big 2.

That's because the big 2 publishes the grand majority of capeshit that other companies can't really compete with. Image comics in their 90s was about the only comparable shared universe in popularity. I'd say that Kirkmans Invincible universe was also comparable, but that one was never that much popular.

So other companies simply don't do capeshit for that reason, and rely on... you know, actual stories to tell.

Undertow
Hellboy The Third Wish
Various Abe Sapien issues

Image still mostly publishes capeshit.

Well I don't follow all their publications, but Image is more characterized with a ton of indie books to me. Invincible was their big capeshit universe except that it was actually fun (it's basically what you get if you mix Superman with Dragon Ball Z and a lot of ketchup), and its extended universe was a ton of big 2 expys, they were fun stories but you could also play "spot the reference" endlessly.

Anyway, Invincible is ending. Spawn and Savage Dragon all live in their own little micro universe.

What else capeshit do they have?

OP, DELETE THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW