Does hardwork trump natural talent?

Does hardwork trump natural talent?

Which one is which?

Not Op, but I’d say Tony is skill and Cap is talent

Stark was gifted with his natural genius. Cap, despite getting a boost from the Super Soldier Serum, had to work hard to develop his skills.

No.

Did he really have to work?

I mean, he doesn’t naturally know all those fighting styles and shield trajectories.

Neither. A talented person with no work ethic will remain mediocre. A hard worker with no talent will as well.

My hard dick trumps your mother.

Trump doens't work hard, and schmoozing is his only natural talent.

Yes

lol no

Salieri tried to face amadeus at his own game, which was never going to work, so that's probably not a good example.

Skill is inferior to hard work, but mozart did both.

This, but it also depends on the context they're competing on. Things like art lean heavily on the side of talent, whereas activities that favor consistency and development, such as physical prowess, greatly favours hard work instead. It also depends on the number of people involved; untalented but numerous hard workers can work together better without getting in each other's way than talented but unmotivated geniuses.

Look at it this way: Steve has defeated other men either as strong as him or WAY stronger. He's not new to being the physically weakest in a match, yet he still manages to win. That's skill and experience in combat.

Also, Cap works out a LOT. It's been mentioned before that by this point he's far stronger than just the base serum strength.

Yup.

no.
but given the choice most people would prefer to deal with a professional.

neji was right

>tfw you suck at Crusader Kings

Rock Lee would kick Neji's ass
But yeah, genes > hardwork in Naruto

>natural talent

There's no such thing. Peopel who get intrduced to something as a child will often better at that something later on. It gets progressively more difficult to learn and get better at something as we age, but no one is born with a genetic aptitude for any given task.

Stop talking about politics.

You don't watch a lot of combat sports do you?

College professor, here. Hard work beats the shit out of natural talent. Most people that have "natural talent" never really learn to build up a work ethic, managable time schedules, or work with other people. They are told from childhood that they are great, and they learn how to skate by in public school by being just a little more creative than the dozens of shitty essays the teachers have to read.

You want your kid to do well? When you brag about your kid and he/she is in earshot, tell people how they're such good listeners or how they have great hustle. Don't constantly say they're the best at something, because when they reach a level where that's not true anymore, it will break them.

I dunno, Nardo had to work pretty hard before he unlocked Super Saiyan

If natural talent is lazy and complacent? Sure. Otherwise hardwork in direct competition tends to peter out past a certain point.