MUH VILLAIN NEEDS TO BE HUMAN AND RELATABLE

>MUH VILLAIN NEEDS TO BE HUMAN AND RELATABLE

Seriously, this shit right here? Fucking stop it. Complete garbage filmmaking.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Cares_if_You_Listen
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Isnt Josh Wheon gaye thoug?

So they will explain why his scars changed,skin collor got different, eyes are not black/blue anymore?

More like:
>Muh actor wants his face to be the spotlight of the character and fights tooth and nail in contract to have a certain percentage of his likeness used so he can be "the character" rather than the reverse

Of course you probably think Hollywood movies are as simple as people having an idea and then filming it with no bullshit in between.

You really think a contract can pressure disney to do anything? They semi opnly sole the work of dozens designers and writers though decades to recent years., they are trying to buy fox even though that's monopoly.

Same reason Rhodey looks like two completely different people between movies. It happens, no need to be autistic about it

"no"

God forbid he's able to express emotion and be an actual character as opposed to just standing there menacingly.

His head looks like a toe
I kinda want to shoop a toenail over his face

A CGI character can't be recasted because he wants more pay, mongoloided

He looks fine, he's just not wearing his full armor.

Jesus christ, people will bitch about absolutely ANYTHING.

and then there's this faggot, exactly the type of normie who ruins all the fun of comic book movies

>why can't he just wear all black? colorful spandex is sooo dumb.

This is you. Fuck off, you cunt.

back to tumblr with you too

I love how you can't see how fucking ridiculous your position on something as ridiculous as this is.

Miss me with that autistic shit, my guy. Grow the fuck up.

>Complete garbage filmmaking.
So par for the course for the MCU then.

Has Homer been hitting the gym?

get the fuck off the comic and cartoon board, idiot

He's quite literally expressing an emotion in the image on the left. So what's your point?

He was asking for what the in-universe reason given would be. So a double mongoloid on you

nice reading there champ

That original rig was clearly built just for the after credits cameo and maybe one or two facial expressions. If they want to be able to map Thanos' face to the actor's and not have it look like absolute ass when he acts, then it's going to have to more resemble his. It has nothing to do with "lol comic books are dumb" it has to do with how animation works.

That doesn't explain why it looks worse

>getting dunked on by whedon

FUCKING WHEDON, the guy that made Cap look like this

>disney villain
>emotion
>actual character

it doesn't matter a single iota what it looks like because it's already on track to make 2 billion doll-hairs

>as long as it makes money you're not allowed to talk about it or criticize it

Have you been liking the CGI monster villains?

When did I say that? He asked why one looks worse. The answer is because there isn't enough motivation to do better. It's like when King's Batman gets story timed. People infallibly shit on it issue after issue and then come back in two weeks to do it again because they have no self control. Getting a nerd to spend money is the easiest thing in the world as long as you accept the caveat that he's going to bitch about it constantly

>>disney villain
>>emotion
>>actual character
If you listen to some of the producers talk about Infinity War, Thanos is supposedly going to be the main character as a way to have it not feel too disjointed with the cast of a gorillion superheroes. He's going to have to pull more weight than just punching some people.

>It's like when King's Batman gets story timed
What the fuck does that have to do with spending money on it

>Movie begins with Thanos, is about Thanos, and Ends with Earth superheros pursuing Thanos.
>The Earth Superheros are technically side characters in the movie.
>Movie makes up for the lack of Thanos in MCU since Avengers.
>Definitely not the Comic Thanos.

so this is what you want?

>People who shit on something pirated then go to the story and buy a copy
Good one.

I wish butt devastated DCucks would stop making this thread over and over again.

Not every MCU fan is cucked as you, gtfo with your autistic "not true fans"

It doesn't really look any different. This is literally the first time I've noticed any change other than the lack of hat.
And if the changes were to make him more "HUMAN AND RELATABLE" he probably wouldn't still be an 8 foot tall cgi character.

>If they want to be able to map Thanos' face to the actor's and not have it look like absolute ass when he acts, then it's going to have to more resemble his
I don't think this is true. Not that I have a problem with it, I'm just pretty sure it's not a technically necessity.

>butt devastated
Nah Wonder Woman won by profit and reviews, MCUcks are fully on damage control with justice league because we got the best superhero movie of the year.

Being able to emote in such a way that it looks realistic on a face that isn't yours is a very difficult skill and also why Andy Serkis has a lot of job security.

... I just asked that guy if he likes the CGI monster villains, I didn't say anything about how's "not a true fan" or whatever

>that image
I really don't understand the romanticization of disabilities like autism or blindness. I get that these people have been often shunned from normal society and it's good to try and prevent that, but it gets to the point where they even oppose the search for a cure.

The entire scene the image on the right is from has a golden hue. If you color balance the image to match, then its less saturated than AoU, but doesn't look nearly as pink as before and is much closer. I agree with the eyes, but the normal eyes and lack of helmet are probably so that a Farmer Thanos ending wouldn't seem so out of left field.

The "sometimes mysterious" part always gets me

Is it weird that I look at Thanos on the right and just think he looks grape flavored?

I know right?

Right one is clearly better and superior. They should've made him that way from the start instead of making us thinking it would be shit and then surprising us wth GoTY of the year Thanos.

It's probably just the Russos wanting to "leave their mark" at the cost of continuity. Lighting has nothing to do with it.

If Whedon and Gunn could stay on model, there's no other explanation.

He looks exactly the same tho. It's just lighting and no helmet.

Stop baiting. You're making the board a worse place.

But Ultron was great bro what do you know?

and the human eye can only see at 23 fps

JESSIE! WE GOTTA COOK!

I think he wouldn't look so shitty if he was wearing his hat

>this thread's discussion progression

The memes are the best thing to come out of this.

Could we be looking at the next Bane?

Autism speaks

let me call a friend who's an expert in infinity gems

Spot the retard.

I always thought Thanos looked cool without his helmet so it doesn't bother me at all.

Aren't you the same retard got his ass kicked in this same thread a couple days ago?

>muh forum continuity

does this look like reddit to you?

>forum continuity
Are you sure you are in the right page, Timmy?

I know tomorrow isn't schoolday, but you seem a bit angsty.

I fucking hate this shit

>Thanos with pretty and sparkling baby blue eyes
No thanks. His new ones emulate the dark black pits he had in older comics better. Where you'd just about see a tiny pinprick glinting in his beady eyes.

Also the retard helmet always looks silly. Better without it.

I like Thanos from the Infinity War trailer.

Then they should just have done that instead of those two.

>having a more detailed CG model for Brolin's performance to be mapped better to is bad
>WAAAAH I DONT LIKE CHANGE (from a 10 second clip from 3 years ago they were agonisingly obviously not going to use for his appearance in an entire movie)

"Nobody cares because it'll make a billion regardless."
It's so stupid. Audiences were a mistake. They could have made him have Sega Saturn-style CGI and people would still defend him. What's even the point? The MCU is too big to fail now, no matter how bad the movies get.

Looks like the same person to me.

yeah. how dare he not look like a videogame character for the sake of appeasing the 'not muh' crowd.
yeah. literally the only differences is:
>eyes not glowing
>no helmet
>skin a lighter purple

if this is really what stops you from getting hyped for a movie ten years in the making you're kinda a dumbass.
also, I just realized the scene on the left isn't even canon technically. He couldn't have picked the gauntlet up after AoU because you see it's still in Asgard during Ragnorok. so, unless that post-credits scene is out of chronological order, it never actually happened.

I will say though, I thought he looked really good in GOTG. However I also think he looked great in the Infinity War trailer.

>Audiences were a mistake.

What did he mean by this?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Cares_if_You_Listen

>>MUH VILLAIN NEEDS TO BE HUMAN AND RELATABLE

Um, yes. That's called making a good villain. If Thanos looked too outlandish, then he'd just be some CGI alien the characters have to fight. By making him appear more human, the audience can connect to him more and he thus feels like a greater threat. A lot of it has to do with recognizing the emotion in his human-like face.

If the audience can't connect to the villain, then you've failed at making a villain.

>He couldn't have picked the gauntlet up after AoU because you see it's still in Asgard during Ragnorok.
Dude, did you fall asleep? SHE LITERALLY TELLS YOU ALL IT'S A FAKE. I can't believe there are actually people too stupid to follow Superhero movies, movies intentionally designed for mass audiences to be able to grasp.

>By making him appear more human, the audience can connect him to famous actors he looks like and reality TV stars
Fixed.

>it's still in Asgard during Ragnorok
That one is fake though, Hela said so.

>eyes not glowing
Well, there's pic related

>A lot of it has to do with recognizing the emotion in his human-like face.

unironically the kind of people who say "why dont they make the aliens look actually alien?" are on the actual autism spectrum and have trouble reading facial expression

And Ironically one of the biggest villians in cinema history, Darth Vader, has no facial expressions

>normal eyes and lack of helmet are probably so that a Farmer Thanos ending wouldn't seem so out of left field.
You k ow what. If the price we have to pay for farmer thanos is a shitty redesign I am ok with that

>totally intelligent
But most autists are fucking dumbasses though. High functioning autists are rare.

Humans aren't dumb. We can pick up facial expressions on unusual faces.

I think it kinda ruins Farmer Thanos. It just being close to how he normally looks losses the weight of him dropping the mad Titan aspect. Also you don't get the Scarecrow

This

Just think about every animated movie that starred animals/anthropomorphic characters. Or the MCU itself with Rocket

>comprehending the concept of time and permanence
>back to rebbit!

>If the audience can't connect to the villain, then you've failed at making a villain.
>one of the greatest villains of the slasher movie genre
>the sole reason he works so well is that not even his creators saw him as a human being and even his mask is a cruel mockery of a human face rather than something the audience can connect to

You can't really. It wouldn't work in live action to have his eyes constantly in pitch black shadow shadow. He'd look like a panda. Infinity War is the best way of getting it across

Thanos is very human though. He's not Darkseid.

Or the Predator, The Terminator, Ring wraiths or Leather face. Some times it's the lack of emotion that can be so threatening in a villain.

I’d rather they stop the unnecessary romances subplots. I don’t care if Star-Lord wants to put it in Gamora or Natasha wanting to get GAMMA'D, just show more galaxy guarding, avenging, or hell I'll even take more jokes

Excellent movie villain choice. May I add another?

Darkseid also has very human emotions when written well. You think he doesn't know he's being a complete asshole hen he sits in your most comfortable chair? He understands humor

>this alien is very human

>rather than something the audience can connect to
>Movie fucking starts out from his perspective

exactly, you plebeian
myers as a child was the last time he had any semblance of humanity
we start the movie from his perspective, continue it with him always watching us from afar, and end it with him as an all consuming presence

>Less grape flavoured
>Dick sucking lips

It's an improvement

>looks less like Thanos
>it's an improvement

I want the shills to leave

>You really think a contract can pressure disney to do anything?

yes.

>They semi opnly sole the work of dozens designers and writers though decades to recent years., they are trying to buy fox even though that's monopoly.

Yeah they can get away with a lot, but they're not all powerful.

>Big mouth
>Small nose
>Long philtrum
>Giant wrinkly chin
>Bald

Looks like Thanos to me

>MCU villain
>be an actual character
Ha ha good one.

Oh I love these threads.

"Let me tell you how comparing still images proves how something will look in motion and expression!"

You know when a child tries to explain something they don't understand to an adult? That's these threads.

Every single villain in your post is a monster the audience isn't supposed to emphasize with. Thanos is meant to be a relatable character.

>it needs to be like muh comics (even though what looks good drawn on paper always looks like dogshit in live action on the big screen in motion)