How can DC recover?

Hard reboot? Soft reboot? Focus on standalone films?

WB will do what it tried to do in the 80s and sell it to Based Marvel

>Focus on standalone films?
That seems to be the plan. Do away with the dceu without officially doing away with it.

Focus on standalone movies for now, connective tissue should be kept to a minimum unless it can aid the plot, eg Superman being Billy's hero.

Get good directors who know what makes these characters good, it's why Wonder Woman resonated with audiences so much, I'm willing to bet Aquaman will do something similar.

WB also need to make it clear what they want from their directors, for all the fault that lays with Ayer and Snyder for their movies, WB stepped in after the fact and butchered their films, tampering should be kept to a minimum unless it's really bad and should be done early into production to avoid making a mess

The DCEU is far from finished, but they need to distance themselves from Zack"Batman kills by Proxy except he doesn't" Snyder and they need to just focus on making good movies rather than rushing to the teamup.

So basically only loosely connect them. Cool...

that was the plan before they fired everyone

>buttblasted MCUck

Fire Snyder, he's a shitty director.

Just keep Snyder at bay and let the directors actually make their fucking movies.
They tried it with WW and it paid off, I'm confident they'll do it with Aquaman too and it'll be a similiar situation.

>Snyder is bad
Sup Forums knows nothing about film as usual

Snyder will probably be credited by WB of "helping the producers" without really saying what he did just like wonder woman, then his retarded fans will claim that he is the reason if any future dceu movie get good scores

WB will give him a movie, the movie will suck and his retarded fans will claim that they "didn't let him do his vision" even though he got more freedom than Patty and any other MCU director.

I-is not Snyder fault!!!

"Its not faithful to the source material" is not a legitimate criticism.

Doesnt the bad taste left in everyones mouth by JL make everyone NOT want to see aquaman? Its going to bomb at the box office as an after effect.

I actually loved MoS, BvS (though superman was treated like shit) and somewhat liked JL, Snyder was not the right person to spearhead this universe, he made Superman basically give up on humanity capacity for good in BvS and thought that having the DKR's batman, which he also doesn't understand, when everyone else is only at the beginning of their careers, was a good idea

The man can do gorgeous shots and usually decent action, but he doesn't get these characters

When you claim you've not changed the canon it is, does Sndyer even know what canon means?

Embracing the multiverse and elseworlds are part of the source material. Nice proof that you dont read comics you dcau-wiki idiot.

The first thing they should do is stop giving projects to directors that got them mediocre or bad reception, because it's killing the perception of their brand. Give second movies only to those that actually win acclaim and attract good press.

The next thing they should do is let someone with a decent working knowledge of the comics and the characters oversee the film production of the whole project. They've got Johns, and that might be good enough for now, but if he's just an adviser as some reports claim, and some WB suits keep choosing directors, it's not going to work.

Then, they need to learn how to meddle smarter, or let the directors work. This is, I imagine, going to be the hardest thing for them to manage. They've been fucking these movies up by reworking them by executive mandate since at least Green Lantern, and I think a lot of the higher-ups are still the same ones since then, but if you actually assign someone with sense to run your universe, that's not as much of a problem.

Reboot, soft reboot, spinning off into solo films, or just continuing with the shared universe, none of that has anything to do with whether they can recover. They need to stop making shitty movies, and they need to stop being okay with people that make shitty movies when those movies make money, because look where it leads: a dramatic reduction in profitability and brand respect long-term.

Is possible, however Wonder Woman tickets sold like hot cakes even after BvS.

LOL. One Movie. One, only one movie.

He is bad, to the franchise.
Regardless of how you feel about his movies and their quality (I actually like all of the movies he's made that I've watched) there is no denying he has done more harm than good for the franchise and keeping him away would ultimately be the best decision. His vision is not the right one for the universe, it's not what most people want or expect out of the movies and that hurts them in every way.

No, I don't think so. Most people seem to have liked Momoa as Aquaman and WW has proven that success can be achieved even if there have been a few missteps beforehand.

Marvel gives their directors much less control than WB tends to and their movies have largely been fine.

Do you think that if Snyder had gotten to do whatever he wanted on a 150+ million dollar JL movie that it would have turned out better?

>giving elsewords version to normies
You and Snyder are both retards.

>Do you think that if Snyder had gotten to do whatever he wanted on a 150+ million dollar JL movie that it would have turned out better?
Snyderfags genuinely believe this.I've heard it tons of times. I don't have a clue how they get this idea, when the movies that he's had the most auteur control over have been absolute crap.

>Snyder claims he doesn't change canon
>But it's an elseworld guys

Now DCEU threads are a snyder vs anti snyder civil war while MCUfags spam memes.

This shit is like syria

Give it to Patti.

FIRE SNYDER, IT’S SO GOD DAMN SIMPLE

H4RD R3B00T

give it to Christopher Nolan, he will save us all

www.mtv.com/news/1553677

Snyder has never met Moore, the notoriously reclusive author who has famously soured on Hollywood and said he doesn't want a "Watchmen" movie ever made(see "Alan Moore: The Last Angry Man"). Still, Snyder hopes to arrange a meeting soon so he can explain that the script he's calling "closer to 'Dr. Strangelove' than 'Fantastic Four' " will embrace exactly what studios have feared in the past.

"With 'Watchmen,' there's no reason not to [embrace it]," insisted the director, who launched his career with a similarly controversial remake of "Dawn of the Dead." "The audience is ready for it. Who's not sick of Hollywood's version of a superhero?

"People always ask me, 'What's "Watchman" about?,' " said Snyder, who revealed that his film will be "a super-long movie" and contain the "Black Freighter" secondary story line as well. "I go, 'Well in my superhero movie, the bad guy wants world peace, Superman doesn't really give a sh-- about humanity, and Batman can't get it up.' "

Aren’t the movies financial successes? They won’t do dick

I am a SnyderFag and love every movie he has done and i would fap til my dick popped if he could have full creative control to fulfill his dc vision. With that being said, i will also fully admit that my taste along with all snyderfags is a niche cult audience and its wrong to keep making snyder style dc films if 80% of people hate it (you all have shit taste btw)

JL hasn't been.

They're going to lose 10's of millions on JL, best case scenario given its basically done making money as EVIII comes out in a week. The brand is also going to shit, people just didn't turn up to JL as they thought it would be BvS2. They're going to make changes, but whether or not it's changes for the better is yet to be seen and probably unlikely

"Watchmen" offers the deeply philosophical tale of a "Justice League"-like group dealing with its own irrelevance. Telling an alternative history of the United States that has Richard Nixon in his fifth term and on the verge of nuclear war with the Soviet Union, the book takes off when the now-outlawed heroes begin getting murdered, and the all-powerful Dr. Manhattan faces a God-like decision of whether humanity is worth saving.

"We're doing a little research right now," Snyder said of preliminary special effects for the blue, naked, Silver Surfer-like antihero. "I want him to look like he does in the book, rendering him in a really sophisticated way but a real way. You have to believe it. ... Right now, I'm in an exploratory phase, saying, 'OK, I like that,' and then seeing how much it costs."

Speaking of the morose, wannabe-watchmaker, Snyder revealed the one Dr. Manhattan scene that will definitely appear intact from book to screen. "I just love the image of Dr. Manhattan walking through the jungles of Vietnam, 200 feet tall, with Huey [helicopters] all around him, basically vaporizing the jungle." The flashback, which comes when Nixon uses America's ultimate weapon to end Vietnam in a mere three months, is only one panel in the graphic novel — but Snyder plans to expand it substantially.

One of the only problems with all this, Snyder shrugged, is that the same dumb studio questions that sank flicks like "Daredevil" and "Catwoman" have already reared their ugly heads. "The first thing I did when I got 'Watchmen' was push it back to 1985. They wanted to update it and make it about the war on terror. I just said, 'That's not cool,' " he grinned. "I'd say, 'I love Nixon, I love [then-Secretary of State Henry] Kissinger. I want them in my movie.' ... The studio would immediately say, 'Why do you want Richard Nixon in a superhero movie?'

"They'll ask me questions like, 'What are Dr. Manhattan's weaknesses?,' " he said incredulously. "I'm like, 'He used to be a man. ... He's God! His only weakness is that he was a man, and that still haunts him.' ... They're like, 'Should the Comedian be so bad all the time?' And I'm like, 'Yeah, he should!' "

With "300" garnering enormous buzz, and "Watchmen" being made by the same studio, Snyder said such questions are increasingly dwindling, and his autonomy is growing. "I promise it's going to be all actors," Snyder said defiantly, revealing that Manhattan, Nixon, Kissinger and others will not be CGI. "I like makeup. I don't want it to be this slick, glossy studio movie where everything's perfect.

"I [now can] say, 'That'll be cool where Rorschach handcuffs the child molester to the wood-burning stove and gives him a hacksaw," Snyder said of another scene that will be in his movie, featuring the masked character who is arguably the most heroic — and most mentally deranged — of the group.

"It's gonna be this summer," Snyder said of when the cameras will begin rolling. "The studio really wants to make it, and I've got — I can't say right now which actors — but I've got actors interested. ... If an actor doesn't know 'Watchmen,' it takes me an hour or so to get them to drink the Kool-Aid and realize it's not a summer tent-pole superhero movie. It's not 'X-Men.' ... When 'Watchmen' came out, your basic comic book collector had maxed out on comic book heroes. Here comes 'Watchmen,' you buy it and boom! Your brains get blown out of your head."

Snyder said the timing couldn't be better for his down-on-their-luck do-gooders. "That's the same thing that's gonna happen to your average moviegoer when they say, 'Oh, cool, "Watchmen." What's that? A superhero movie? I'll go check it out.' ... When Nixon sends the super-being to Vietnam, and he's walking through the jungle ... you'll know you're in another kind of movie."

>dark knight
>#4 of top 250 on imdb
>justice league
>worst case ontario

All the normies I know including the Familyguytards who bought into the lame Aquaman meme want to see it. Mostly because of Momoa and Mera's tits.

Women want to see it because Momoa gets their panties wet and Amber looks pretty as Mera.

So yeah people want to see it.

Drop everything except Wonder Woman, recast the other Leaguers, and focus on a new phase of standalone reboots before rebooting JL.

Batman: Under the Red Hood live action movie

Cast Jensen Ackles as Red Hood again. Recast Joker. It would work.

Every media showcase is elseworlds.

You know what upsets me about this picture? How not Aquaman it is. Garage band faggot

>recast based Affleck and based Cavill
>keep skellington WW

Soft reboot. Move forward with WW2 and Aquaman. Rethink what they have with the rest of the League and give a 'broad strokes' angle to the DCEU moving forward: some elements of MoS, BvS, and I guess SS happened, but not the way they were depicted on screen.

Christopher nolan would make a great job like he always do, however he don't want, he's trying to start a WW2 movies universe

Wonder Woman and Suicide Aquad overperformed.

All snyder 3 DCEU snyder movies underperformed and JL literally flopped even though it was supposed to be a tentpole

Snyder is a failure both by critical and finacial viewpoint, he's only a good director in his fanboys mind.

Scrap the modern shit. Set the movies in the '50s during the Korean War and make movies about members of the JSA.

Why is everyone saying giving the keys to Nolan would solve everything? Do you enjoy joyless, twice-removed-from-the-source-material character studies where the heroes spend most of the time out of costume and iconic codenames are rarely, if ever used?

Cavil is balding and want to do other movies instead of fully investing his time to build DCEU
Ben affleck is obese and and to get out

Gadot is currently the most popular actor on DCEU, star of the only movie that worked and stated that will put DC over any other project.

By using their old fallback called Batman.
>Man of Steel was 55% on RT
>Wonder Woman was 92% on RT
History does repeat itself. WB makes good one-hero movies. Aquaman will be just OK.
Manta

Nolan Batman is more loyal to the source than mass shooter SnyderBat even though he's more realistic.

Get anons on Sup Forums to start 5 or 6 treads a day about it is a good start

I'm not sure if Aquaman will be good or bad because I have no idea how much involved hack snyder or WB executives were.

Was is a good director is good but sometimes he shit in bed.

This is the only answer. Its the reason marvel was successful. They had 3 franchises that only shared a loose connection until avengers came out.

Its also the only reason WW was the most successful of the DCEU, it was largely self contained.

You have to get people to like the characters before They team up

Mera will save the DCEU because she is the prettiest woman in all the DCEU and MCU and probably all of Hollywood.

>not playing Poison Ivy

Neither does Snyder, apparently. All his movies are pieces of shit.

Here's WW's writing credits.

And SS's writing credits.
I agree, the execs and Snyder are suspect. I don't think they're the only thing holding DC back. Something else is at play here.
Look at SS and you see a badly edited movie. BvS and JL stumbled.
2 of the 5 films are good. I just chalk it up to bad editors and directors who know nothing.

I really can't state how much I am attracted to Amber Heard, especially in that fucking costume.

You think she ever had sex in that suit?

Probably not with Johnny Depp. Hopefully.

Ins't Allan Heindberg the main writter?

>Allan Heindberg
Si, apparently so.

She has had sex with James Wan with the full costume on.

No.
Hayley is sexier then her and Antje is prettier.

why did you make montoya and catwoman black?

also why the terrible mix of tv and movie star actors?

It's hilarious how what people disliked most about MoS and BvS were things Nolan advised Snyder against doing. I guess he just knew better than the first guy to get a superhero movie to earn a billlion. And an Oscar (a real one, even).

An Oscar is an Oscar. Makeup counts.

>First time I went to see BvS with my siblings they asked me why Christian Bale wasn't Batman anymore and that they preferred him over Batfleck
>Batfleck already leaving

Only going to get worse

Better to cast TV actors for small roles than to try and stack the entire deck with A-Listers.

Also the actress for Montoya is Hispanic. Must be the lighting in the picture. Also also tell me you don't want to see Gina Torres in a catsuit, I'll wait.

he's talking about heath ledgers oscar for dying the best

D....do I have to post it?

>i thought she was from Chicago fire and idk i just assumed black based on that show. still looks pretty black.
>gina torres catsuit
pass, since she's waaaay past her prime

i'd rather get a good cast than just a hodgepodge of actors from shows you like.

Yes.

Before JL came out, Johns already said they would make the post-JL films more but not completely standalone. No films leading up to other films like Infinity War. They gave up on that.

Completely standalone films will be stuff like that Scorsese Joker film.

Too young for Batfleck

However that is probably going to change

Leto can do fine, just remove the damn tattoos. In fact everyone cast is workable, just give them good directors and writers.

I at least got MoS and BvS out of all of this, so I'm a-okay. Snyder's two films are great, imho.

WB should just give projects to good directors and screenwriters. The movies failing isn't primarily a matter of time. It's not because they are too dark and don't have enough jokes, or because they are too silly and not serious enough. Doing a bunch of reshoots to add more jokes isn't going to make a shit story any better. There are good dark stories (The Dark Knight) and bad dark stories (Daredevil). Good light stories (Spider-Man 2) and bad light stories (Green Lantern). The tone doesn't matter, so long as it suits the material. But that material has to be good.

MCU movies are much more competently made than most of the DCEU, but while WB could learn a thing or two from Marvel Studios, I don't want to see them follow the exact same formula. I'd like to see them still afford more freedom to their filmmakers, rather than everything being cookie-cutter work-for-hire on storylines predetermined by a small group of decision-makers. DC films don't need a Kevin Feige. You can get fine films that way, but you'll never get anything as singular and notable as, say, Nolan's first two Batman films, through a written-by-committee film.

Thing is, though, if you're giving filmmakers Nolan levels of creative freedom, they have to be good filmmakers who know how to develop a character and explore themes. So, not Zack fucking Snyder.

I say, focus on solo films, and don't try to rush the team-up. Just hire the best talent for solo films and put out some good shit. Put JL on the backburner, and don't feel compelled to make JL2 until you KNOW you have a story to tell, not just because you need to put one out in hopes of getting Avengers money.

So Aquaman canon isn't white now?

Dammit. If there's a place you'd expect pale people, it'd be the bottom of the sea.

standalone films with cameo appearances

>The movies failing isn't primarily a matter of time

*Tone

Damn autocorrect

Half and half. Aquamom is Nicole Kidman, Orm is Nite Owl, human dad is Jango Fett

DCU is done. The super hero movie bubble will pop long before they make a decent JL type movie.

That's what Marvel has most over DC in terms of movie, time. They started out a long time ago building a universe and they will get the most out of it before people get hero fatigue.

That's even worse. Man, he doesn't look white at all.

Honestly I'd say they need to stop.

The amount of money they've lost is more than their comics division is worth several times over. How many bombs have they had? Three now?

JL was supposed to be their best movie and it did not.

Look at that filmography. That is not the body of work of a misunderstood genius who will be appreciated with time, or whose work can only be "understood" by connoisseurs with taste far above the plebs. That's the body of work of a hack whose head is so far up his own ass he can lick his own tonsils and who therefore can't discern the fact that he's a hack. Michael Bay, at least, knows what he's hired to do: US military wank, explosions, huge action scenes, incredibly dumb plots. Snyder's too high off his own farts to know that's the company he's in. And he's apparently bottling those farts, because you're high off them too.

They're one for six.

Green Lantern was supposed to be their DCEU kickoff movie. It bombed. MoS was divisive at best. BvS was scalding hot liquid elephant shit dumped directly into the audience's eye sockets. SS can't be described as "style over substance" because it didn't HAVE any substance. And it's style was "eighties oh god what the fuck was I thinking?!" JL was screwed from the start because it was a desperate course-correction that they half-assed by trying to make it up as they went along. WW was 2/3s of a decent movie, 1/3 generic crap. So if you take 2/3s of WW, some of MoS that wasn't shit, and maybe a smattering of other bits (Superman noticing Flash run, things like that) from the other movies that are okay when taken in complete isolation, you probably get one good movie's worth of content.

So. One for six. And NONE of the people who contributed to this mess will ever miss a meal or have to snort inferior quality cocaine a day in their lives.

We can only hope they stop. But I think they're too greedy, proud, and bone-dead stupid to do so.

What about the reason being they weren't made by a retard like Zack Snyder? MoS was standalone, moreso than WW, and it fucking sucks too.

>The amount of money they've lost is more than their comics division is worth several times over. How many bombs have they had? Three now?
What the hell are you talking about? The only real flop they had so far is JL and it isn't as big as you'd think from all the press it got. It's not even a King Arthur kinda bomb, let a lone a Lone Ranger, John Carter or even Fantastic Four kinda bomb.
Before that, they had BvS which was disappointing, although it didn't bomb at the box office, Wonder Woman which was a massive hit and number 1 movie this summer, Suicide Squad which was also a pretty big hit financially, and Man of Steel which was somewhere inbetween.
If you were to talk about the quality of the movies, that'd be one thing, but WB has made over 3.5 billion worldwide in 5 movies. Only here that could be considered as losing money.

Read "misunderstood genius" as in the vein of Tommy Wiseau and it makes sense.

So who's the grunt in the baclground Sup Forums?

They don't need to remove all the tattoos just damaged. The rest of them are fine but Damaged ruins the entire thing.

Are we going to get a version of the disaster artist for synder?

Zack Snyder is the equivalent of Jim Lee. The visuals are so cool, who cares about whats goin on. It’s awesome and never fails.

>Batman prancing away
>"To the theatre!"

This is what Batman is all about.