Is this the worst Sup Forums character even written?

Is this the worst Sup Forums character even written?

I don't know, is it?

Not even the worst of her show.

She reminded me of a star trek TOS character that lives in a weird isolated society and has legitimate problems relating to the larger universe around her.

korra herself is the worst written character

she acts less mature than aang (a 12 year old) but somehow has a better grasp of 3 elements as a fucking child than he did till near the end of his series
acts like a 2 year old but is treated as if shes a wise avatar even though her character has ZERO development till airbender villain "rapes" her and then she moaps about it as if other people havent gotten closer to killing her than he has
and by the end of the series she is treated as if shes this "great" avatar when really shes been going around fixing the things she fucks up for everyone else

I mean who gives a shit how many innocent people were crushed under vines, unable to live in their homes, and died as a result of the new "spirit handhold portal", FUCK dude korras gotta keep the worlds connected cause all the other avatars in history were retards

>airbender villain "rapes" her

Yeah, that baffled me too. I mean, just the previous season, she had all her fucking past lives destroyed and had a giant spirit/human hybrid monster nearly stomp a smoking hole in the Earth's ass, yet she doesn't have any trauma over that. And before that, she was just about ready to commit suicide over Amon taking away her bending, before Aang Ex Machina.

Then Book 4 reveals the problem was that there was still some poison left in her system but no wait, it was actually some leftover PTSD from nearly getting choked to death. Which begs the question of why they even needed to have 4 episodes taken up by the poison plot line when they could've just skipped right to the leftover PTSD part and not end up shitting on Suyin's bending abilities.

Speaking of Vaatu, even ignoring the utter stupidity of his character, he felt more like an ending villain. Like, if they were going to have Korra battle new villains every season, fighting a world-ending evil spirit should've been the last thing she did in the show. Having the Red Lotus immediately after him especially felt like a downgrade. I mean, who gives a fuck about a bunch of anarchist hippies trying to kill the Avatar when the previous season had her fighting the literal Devil of this universe?

>I mean, who gives a fuck about a bunch of anarchist hippies trying to kill the Avatar when the previous season had her fighting the literal Devil of this universe?
That's why no other antagonist for Aang would have worked since he was fighting against Fire Hitler and his military.

Also Korra couldn't moved on from the Zaheer fight like she could the other two near deaths since she was rescued directly and had to recover. The first time she sees Mako in danger and acts, then Tenzin tells her he believes in her and she fights back against the Devil. She is presented with an opportunity to act and she does meanwhile everyone tells her to hang back after Zaheer.

Ashi

Mabel

Why is Sup Forums so bitter about Mabel? She definitely wasn't the best character and her selfishness got grating at times but everyone acts as if she was Satan incarnate.

This in itself is not a bad writing.

Failure to give a good consideration is the problem. Honestly, the entire premise of Avatar only works in a specific black and white set-up. Attempt to make the setting more complex was a mistake, because Avatar can only look good compared to mustache-twirlers.

Expected her to become the main villain

No clue man. She was funny at times, and only selfish in plot specific ways to create conflict with the lesson always being "I should've communicated with my brother" or "Friends are important." She's like 14.

OT: No.

Being grating is the ultimate crime. Characters' actions aren't real, only how they make us feel.

Mabel had shitty plots, and her mandatory infalliability distorted plots she participated in just so she could be right. And Weirdmageddon was a thematic trainwreck.

If she has enough to people hate her and even discuss her, well, she's above average already

She is a good character.

Problem is that nobody has a problem with her except for designated villain.

Bryke have some strange moral convictions, it seems.

Man I forgot about her.

Sometimes I forget how bad Korra actually was.

It's the Diablo 3 of animated series; everyone loved the predecessor and everyone wanted so bad for the sequel to the great and almost everyone was crushingly disappointed.

They had all the good will in the world, and they served us up garbage.

Is Diablo 3 that bad?

I never quite liked this kind of games, so I didn't follow.

??
Why was she so bad?
I like how hardcore she is: blowing up P'Li's head and was willing to assassinate her pseudo-adoptive daughter

Korra was the worst because everytime you thought she was developing as a character she seemingly resets and does the same mistakes over and over and it becomes infuriating.

Having a headstrong imperfect character isn't bad at all. It's when the show seems to allude that she has learned a moral, just for her to continuously do the same mistakes again and again it is.

at launch it was a mess, eventually fixed things and become a good game of the genre

>Korra was the worst because everytime you thought she was developing as a character she seemingly resets and does the same mistakes over and over and it becomes infuriating.

that's how woman before 30 works
korra is fine

Even if true, that's bad writing.

Unless we are writing a tragedy maybe, where hero fails to overcome their flaws and dies. But did Korra die? Hell no.

she still did her best and with the help of her friends, she overcome all the problems

Beating your problems in submission with brute forces does not make a good story.

To an extent, Aang also dropped the ball here.

>just for her to continuously do the same mistakes again and again
This is why season 2 is the worst season of Korra, or at least one reason
But she DID have genuine character growth starting with S3, thank Christ

>the worst because everytime you thought she was developing as a character she seemingly resets and does the same mistakes over and over and it becomes infuriating.
Just perfectly descibed Jaxon Teller and the entire run of Sons of Anarchy.

no because by writing logic 2 dimensional characters trump 1 dimensional characters and there are an uncountable number of 1 dimensional characters

They trump into negative if characters have bad plot.

Which this woman does.

The whole story with her and her sister was fucked up and they treated Lin as being in the wrong for being mad at her for being a criminal and horribly scarring her.

Spirits, Korra is hot.

What I don't understand is why she's so uncontroversial in-universe.

Why is nobody but designated villains is critical of her?

Eh...

At least we weren't supposed to think Korra was necessarily the brightest. We were supposed to think Su was fantastic though.

They should have had a different world ending devil Spirit instead of Vaatu. Him and Raava are clearly suppose to draw from the Yin and the Yang, neither are suppose to be good or bad. Making Vaatu bad and Raava good completely defeats he purpose of the concept they are drawing from, showing yet again the western bastardization of buddhism.

Thats not even touching on the fact of how Raava and Vaatu fuck up the cannon. in LAB, the Avatar was the personification of the spirit of the earth. In LOK, fuck it, the Avatar is the spirit of Raava going from person to person.

Just about everything in that series was a stupid idea.

But she never actually learns from it and just goes right back to doing it. and we're suppose to find that endearing or some shit.

Lets be honest one of the worst parts of Korra was that they shat on all of the Gaang and made all their lives shit.

I might get some shit for this, but I like when an end of the world arc is followed by something smaller that rises over the ashes of the wreckage the previous villain caused.

The overall quality of the show would have been much better if they removed most of that series,
That and the constant platinum mechs, I was fucking hype for a metalbending army, not that shit.

The poison still being there was a physical representation of Korra not actually wanting to heal, she should know its there but she's preventing herself from doing anything about it, the PTSD was probably the best part of Book 4.

because criticizing her violates the NAP

What's a NAP?

Non-Aggression Pact, it's a lolbertarian thing

Lol, sounds gay

K: Suyin, Kuvira's not an unreasonable person, she's willing to open diplomatic negotiations with you, no tricks, no soldiers, just you and her talking things out to come to a peaceful compromise. She's even agreed to a ceasefire, no harm will come to any of Zaofu's people
S: Alright, Korra, tell Kuvira I'll agree to her terms and speak with her. Until then I will take no action against her.

>three hours later

S: HELP! KUVIRA TRICKED ME! I SHOWED UP TO ASSASSINATE HER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND SHE CAPTURED ME! SHE'S A MONSTER KORRA! YOU HAVE TO STOP HER!