How hyped are you for Battle Angel Alita?

youtube.com/watch?v=aj8mN_7Apcw

it's a nice Gunm adaptation

not even slightly Sup Forums related

Not Sup Forums

Its a western adaption of an Eastern comic.

>>Sup Forums

>those big cgi anime eyes
*INHALE*

So its Sup Forums

Those "I've seen some shit" eyes were all I needed to decide against ever watching this. What the fuck were they thinking? And right after Ghost in Shell bombed?

2 Oscars! The man has two fucking Academy Awards!
Someone get him a better agent!

does Disney own this as well?

Holy shit, who's making this?

*exhale*

yup

I'd stick to the mango, no thank you.

I can't believe it's finally happening. I never though Cameron would get this off the ground.

It's probably just an adaptation of the OVA, which isn't so special now, 25 years later.

It'll just be another green screened cgi abomination.

I don't know what the fuck they were thinking with those CGI anime eyes. It's fucking terrifying.

I'll give it a try. The mocap face got my attention.

Cameron is a huge fan on the manga, and has been trying to get a film done for 17 years. I think he'll do the manga series

>I can't believe it's finally happening.

Neither can I. Cameron's had this on the back burner for probably two decades now.

Yeah, he'll only stop to do Avatar 2 and 3 and whatever else in the mean time.

and that doesn't change the fact that it looks like shit.

And they he called Robert and he finished the movie in a couple months. That fucker works fast.

Inhalation. Breathing. involuntary bodily functions are really really stupid memes.

*blinks*

>make an artificial fuckdoll look like an artificial fuckdoll

hmm

>her eyes
Jesus Christ, gross.

>AM I KAWAII UGUU

they do now. I'm thinking movies like this getting greenlit are why Fox is losing money and needed to sell

That trailer was shit.

>le capeshit pose

Looks like total garbage. An entire movie ruined by one single choice. Her eyes will destroy any chance of the film being profitable.

>watch the trailer
>"The Internet is going to be bitching endlessly about the eyes."
>check
>the Internet is bitching endlessly about the eyes
How depressingly predictable. Like, you do realize it's to emphasize her artificial appearance, right? For ages, people whine about how CG looks fake, and here's someone using that fact to make a point. Come on, people, you're being silly.

>make the protagonist with whom we are meant to sympathize into an eye raping monstrosity that looks like it should be thrown into an incinerator and forgotten about

The eyes are going to undermine the whole movie.

Might be cool. Kawaii uguu eyes were a bad move though. I understand it from an artistic standpoint but it's just a terrible idea for the main character of an action blockbuster.

>Like, you do realize it's to emphasize her artificial appearance, right?

Sometimes an idea can make sense and be kind of cool but still be a terrible idea. People do not like the uncanny valley, ESPECIALLY normalfags.

There are a ton of other ways to achieve the same thing without having stupid fucking bratz face

>Alita: Renegade Angel

>Like, you do realize it's to emphasize her artificial appearance, right?
You do realize that they could have made her look like an android without making her look absolutely repugnant, right?

Artistically, all it's gonna do it slam the audience in the face with heavy feelings of uncanny valley for the whole film.

Not worth it.

It'd be one thing if she wasn't the emotional core of the story and wasn't a "speshul robot with feelings" and the whole nine yards. But she is the emotional core. She IS the special robot with a heart.

So having her look like creepy uncanny valley trash is just fucking retarded.

Well at least we can finally rip off this bandage. James Cameron has been trying to make a movie of it for like decades now and now it can at least come out and then disappear forever.

Go shill somewhere else

You are autistic.

>Hollywood is finally going to leave comics alone and go torment Sup Forums instead

This doesn't look like Sup Forums

>Implying they won't do both
As soon as the Mouse is done with America, the East is next.

What a positively terrible musical choice for the trailer...

Also no Figure Four, no hype

Not gonna lie guys, I'd hit that robot with the force of a thousand suns.

>android
She's a cyborg, and no, they really couldn't have. Unless you'd prefer the actor just did a bunch of stupid looking stilted movements while whirring sounds synch up to her movements.

Eh, audiences seem to be calming down on the "MUST BE HUMAN ELSE ME NO LIKE" crap since at least ET, and definitely since District 9.

>She's a cyborg
Irrelevant.
> no, they really couldn't have
Now you're just being a fucking retard.

All it would take are eyes that look artificial without being freaky anime garbage.

But that is undoubtedly an anime choice.

I think I can give it a pass if it's only on the robots.

The humans on the other hand would put this in the trash instantly.

>artificial looking eyes
So, for example, if they were unnaturally large and doll-like? Yeah, that'd do it, actually.

I think she's cute.

looks good, desu. But so did Ghost in the Shell

Not judging by the protagonist's face.