RWBY/RT General #1331: Standing There and Talking Edition

Rules of RWBY/RT General:
>1. Love RWBY, hate RWBY, just don't try to tell us it's good.
>2. Read the Pastebin: pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW
>3. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion
>4. Don't believe their lies

1080p archive:
mega.nz/#F!S1E3wTRQ!4RH3D97O1-ZiW_lMAu7xog

RWBY Volume 5 Chapter 9 Link:
rtv3-video.roosterteeth.com/store/a88f3c57cc561ab1abe90d413073da40-5c357084/ts/index.m3u8

Previous thread:

I want Glynda to do lewd things to me.

Frezzerburn Season!

>interrupt a life-or-death fight scene with lengthy catch-up dialogue

>still haven't seen Raven fight
Fuck this shit.

>having a waifu that will never appear again
Why don't they just hire a new VA?

How do you rate this episode /RWBYg/?

>talk instead of taking down the 2 enemies
are faunus suppose to be good at fighting

>inb4 she fights by talking

Why are Salem's goons so gullible? Why would they take Raven at her word instead of considering that she might just team-up with Qrow temporarily and BTFO the people that are threatening her and her oh-so-important tribe?

>super excited for the new episode
>watch it
>not terrible, but nothing to really sperg out about with the thread
I feel like this has happened to me every week except for the dinner episode. After seeing the "action" in today's episode I'd be fine with everything else being talking.

Why can a single fireball or a completely lackluster punch take out an active aura when we see them take so much punishment during vol 1-3?

Like even the mooks were able to withstand fucking artillery level amounts of damage early on in the series.

You mean like the time they hired Bulma's VA?

So anime?

-6969/420
Worst episode yet

Calling shit a turd doesn't change facts.

Dumb incestfag.

The more I think about it the more angry I get. So give that an equivalent rating I guess

3/10
Some of the banter from Raven, Cinder and Watts was nice but that was about it.

>freezerburn
>incest

Do they know she can teleport? Why doesn't Raven just teleport to Qrow, explain the situation, and move the relic now? I know she hates Oz, but you have to choose the lesser of two evils in this scenario. It gives her the highest chance of saving her own skin.

YWN be lovingly dommed by Glynda.

Not an argument, RT.

Did we ever get a reaction from Salem on Adam actively taking over the White Fang?

At least most anime have episodes that run longer than 12-13 minutes, don't let over half a season go by without a decent fight, and the dialogue isn't asinine and pointless.

Pyrrha shouldve been a yandere!

Nope.

It's not an argument. It's a common as fuck cliché in all fucking anime.

Did you notice the Raven flying outside of Qrow's window?

>like family
Braindead shipperetard.

Pyrrha should have been killed of sooner

The only thing I enjoyed was raven calling out the convenient names.

2/10
Getting tired of ravens shit. That ice scene ruined the blake bit. As stupid as that looked I'm pretty sure it was done to pad out the episode to end on a cliffhanger last season. It feels like they didn't have enough material and do whatever it takes to make a full season.

Generally action in a shounen anime last more than 20 seconds before they go into the talking phase.

The only good part of the episode started when Raven shittalked Cinders pose and ended when Watts corrected her on his tittle.
Even then it was a cliche scene.

>in all fucking anime
>t. retard that watches one show (popular shounenshit) a season

>incest is bad now
wew lads

>blake bitches out ozpin and weiss while ignoring velvet getting bullied

>Literally nobody in over a century has had any kind of immaterial semblance and used it to interfere with a tournament match

>Everyone has aura
>Anyone who has learned to manifest their aura defensively can jumpstart yours to teach you how to do it too
>Able to train this up with simply time and effort
>So easy even orphans with no means, adequate food, or guidance and literal subhumans so degenerated they're oppressed and forced out despite winning the war can do it
>Your kingdoms military is the League of Jobbers because otherwise they could easily solve the plots
>Raven goes on about the survival of the fittest but her crew don't have auras and they don't even have decent weapons, a walkway to patrol on their palisade everyone can jump over or smash through, no watchtowers to minimize blind spots, and not clearing back the woods so they have more of a warning of a grimm attack than 13 tribesmen dying screams

>Nuck gets cucked by 4 children and a drunkard's aura of misfortune despite reigning unchallenged for a bare minimum of a decade of terror

>Plugging your main electronic storage device into a goddamn thing is stupider than raw dogging every girl in every whore house in southeast asia you can find

>Dust smuggler has no parachute on
>Not even nearby
>Weiss doesn't grab him and run
>Doesn't even landing strategy a year and a half later after initiation

>Raven can't even form a functional argument for why Ozpin is a shit

>Muh tower can't fall isn't justification to suicide against a stronger force instead of getting glynda
>Even just collapsing the elevator shaft after getting out is better

>Silver eyes are a rare trait cause Cuckpin's gotten them all killed for the most part

>The dust mines are apparently the second coming of the holocaust but the faunus are also willingly signing up for it and the SDC has to keep their bomb mine un-exploded or it stops producing

>Implying she's not joining cinder, emerald, and Bara-guy I forget the name of on Team Zuko

What do you think this fucking show is aping?

>The pacing
>The horrible animation and fight scenes
>Cringy as fuck dialogue and humor
>retarded villains and motivations
>So many plot holes

This is steven universe all over again.

I don't see why they didn't just take vernal or why they think Qrow would be trouble enough to warrant Raven's help. They got watts,and Cinder is a maiden. Qrow was about even with Tyrion, unless watts is a secret a noncombatant they should be good.

Yeah that's the only thing she's done in this show that shows that she is actually capable of generating thoughts that aren't completely idiotic

A harem Anime is better then RWBY at this point

>Able to train this up with simply time and effort>So easy even orphans with no means, adequate food, or guidance and literal subhumans so degenerated they're oppressed and forced out despite winning the war can do it\
There's a difference between the talented and the untalented.

>Why doesn't Raven just teleport to Qrow
I guess she's retarded because she flew instead of just teleporting. Unless she doesn't have to end up all that close to a target when she teleports and just shapeshifted after appearing nearby.

Speaking of, why didn't she just follow Cinder herself? She's can turn into a fucking bird; surely a bird is less conspicuous than a Spring Maiden running around the forest. And quicker as well.

>I-I was just referring to one demographic
Nice backpedal.

Because However it opens, vernal has to open some kind of door. Emerald is able to misdirect them into each other with her semblance and both cinder and mercury are heavy hitters on top of whatever watts can do. They just need the door opened so they can jump vernal. Raven just needs them to attack qrow so she can get help to kill the mooks then kill her weakened brother. Nobody involved has a better choice.

Shit writing

>>So many plot holes
like what??

NBRshit is fucking awful.

She probably flew so she wouldn't run into the rest of the group without meaning to. Now she can CRAAWWW at a window until Qrow comes out to chat.

Ione thing really striking this volume is there's no synchronicity between characters in any of the (minimal) action scenes; the last time there was any fluidity in a multiperson fight was yang vs the bandits back in chapter 4

it's so jarring; there's no innovation, there's no creativity, the animation's wonky...which is especially awful because I personally love the character models this volume

I could even stand the sit-n-talk if they were discussing something interesting, but they speak as slow as M&K probably think and reiterate the same points back and forth and call it conversation...at least the initial bantz were enjoyable
christ, this episode. at this point, I don't care about anything but rnjr+weiss and yang (mercury and emerald also tbqh) and that's sort of pathetic, given the range of opportunity they had with the entire cast.

When are we going to become /SUG/?
>Implying we already aren't there

>Weiss doesn't grab him and run
>Doesn't even landing strategy a year and a half later after initiation
She was in the back of the ship. She didn't have time to get him and bail, which is why she tried to slow down the entire ship.
>Muh tower can't fall isn't justification to suicide against a stronger force instead of getting glynda
This argument actually irks me. Pyrrha's character was half Jaune and half wanting to fulfil her Destiny. There was nothing more to her.
She had already resigned to throw away her life and sanity for the Greater Good because she thought that was what she was meant to do. When the Maiden plan backfired, she was still primed and ready to give it all for that ideal. She was not thinking straight, and when Ozpin said "the tower must not fall" what she heard was "be the hero and save everyone." Not "go look for someone who might be able to help and hope they can fix things."

It does whatever the plot needs it to because this is a plot driven show not a character driven show with statted out characters

When will Pyrrha's older sister show up and get D'Arc where her sister couldnt?

>Velvet
>bullied
Love this meme.

>Wondering why a woman who decided to run a tribe filled with idiots instead of helping save the world because a man turned her into a bird is not making practical decisions

Gee your guess is as good as mine user

>The everyone has aura complaint again.
How about you ask the on twitter if this means that everyone has aura that is actually useful?

If the last few episodes are just nonstop fights and music cues I don't know how I'll feel. This volume has had literally no really new music. Did Jeff take a break this volume or something? There aren't even any buttrock riffs mixed into random pseudo-action parts or dynamic entrances.

Unrequited incest is turbo bad and it's not bad "now". It's always been bad because the vast majority of non-fictional incest is extremely abusive.

YWN enjoy Glynda's body.

she;s been in the shelf so long that she expire

>unrequited

For fucks sake. Use your head and play connect the dots. We witness Ghira in mid-fight after the fade-in, he takes a hit head on and it pops his aura. He's obviously been brawling since the fade in and must have taken more hits off-screen. Its not good by any means but you're looking like a retard using the fireball argument.
Aura can also only be defensive if it's prepped to be so ahead of an attack, Ren literally explains that bold as day episodes ago. In a competitive environment most Huntsmen will have their Aura set to Defend the entire time if only so they don't get instant KO'd by a lucky punch.

>no battle between Cinder and Raven
>instead shitty kitty gets all the fight scenes, as if her or her worthless family actually mattered

The Belladonas should have been executed, Blake should have been captured, and the entire plot should have converged in Mistral.

Boring

That's the thing though, they don't need to be the best, it just needs to be good enough. They should be able to reach professor port/Ooobleck levels at least

It's not a particularly large ship even more so once you cut out the hold. It's nothing Weiss hasn't done with her glyphs before. Even then, it doesn't excuse not saving herself once she's seeing out the back it's simply too fast too low for her to unfuck it. The entire thing was a complete intern-kun, contrive a scenario to get weiss to mistral while we do other shit kthxbai

It's just raw power levels. Something she knows everything about from her trainer. There's just walls that moxy can't push through. A prodigy leagues above you that became the youngest beacon headmaster on top of decades to refine that getting curb stomped was more than enough. From the magic plot distances between beacon and vale with the time to find help it was just a senseless blatant railroading.

>They should be able to reach professor port/Ooobleck levels at least
Two wizened proffesionals who are good enough to teach at the finest academy in the fucking world?

They're just saving the animation budget until the big fight at the end... Right?

>the vast majority of non-fictional incest is extremely abusive
Not really something that can be legitimately verified. Abusive ones would be more likely to result in someone getting caught, a victim opening up, charges being pressed, etc. and ending up on the record than ones where you're just worried about voyeurs ratting you out (lock your door please).

RWBY's budget got used up on Camp Camp.

Sorry, I mean Blake watched velvet oppress a feeble helpless human with her mating dance and moans right in front of her the shameless slut keep that out of public spaces

>Local pedophile abducts a child from its home to spirit it away to her love nest, saved from a grimm death by do-gooder neighborhood watch

Sorry, they blew it all on Yang's V5-trailer and her bandit beatdown.

You mean Lazer Team 2

No, they are saving it for the HUGE Arkos sex scene when Pyrrha comes back from the dead.

>It's not a particularly large ship even more so once you cut out the hold.
Dude, Weiss has an OP Semblance but she's not fucking Doctor Manhattan.
>It's just raw power levels. Something she knows everything about from her trainer. There's just walls that moxy can't push through. A prodigy leagues above you that became the youngest beacon headmaster on top of decades to refine that getting curb stomped was more than enough. From the magic plot distances between beacon and vale with the time to find help it was just a senseless blatant railroading.
Pyrrha was not thinking clearly. She was dead set on it being her destiny to fix it.
She wasn't omniscient. She didn't know everything we did, and she viewed everything through the lens of someone who had literally never lost a tournament fight.

Honestly fuck Haven.

I know the in-universe reason for why it's important, but without getting to know the staff/students who are there I don't care if it falls or survives.

I just want RWBY to be fully reunited and actually go kill some fucking grimm.

>Dumpster bin for a blowhard and a milquetoast scholar who could no longer hack it in the real world
??

Lazar team 2 hungered user. Everyone else must tighten their belts for burnie's 90 minute wank

>Sorry, I mean Blake watched velvet oppress a feeble helpless human with her mating dance and moans right in front of her the shameless slut keep that out of public spaces
That's better.

>know nothing about second (barring one team), third, and fourth years
>know fuck all about 3/4 academies

And I didn't say she was, she only has a time dilation glyphs, attraction glyphs, repulsion glyphs, and uses them regularly throughout the show for covering distances rapidly

The entire process of training and later further conditioning against accomplished adult fighters to train you above trash kids day after day engraves their lessons on your battered broken body. It has nothing to do with not thinking clearly. The only thinking was unga bunga me kill pyrrha

>thread is already dead again

Splitting team RWBY was such a shit decision

>Implying there's a fourth year
Everybody dies or drops out by the end of their third year. Ozpin was the only one who made it and rode that accomplishment to strongarm his way into the headmaster's seat through the tradition he set up when he founded the academy after he carried Vale and Vacuo to victory in the great war which salem was totally not a part of and he didn't use whatever his bullshit artifacts that gave him strength far above a half-baked not even a decade old maiden along with the armies of not one, but two to four kingdoms to snuff out salem then and there

>Pyrrha spent most of her time in Beacon getting cucked by Weiss because she didn't have the guts to tell a certain idiot she liked him

>Idiot she liked finally starts liking her back and tries to make some advances towards her but she decides to cuck herself because of the stress of becoming a maiden

>Ends up finally kissing the guy she liked only to cucks herself again by throwing him in a locker and sending him into the fucking sky

>Dies in vain from hoping to stop someone who killed one the most powerful men in remnant

>RWBY finally end and Team JNP decides to visit Pyrrha's grave where jaune meets Pyrrha's sister,

>Jaune keeps visiting Pyrrha's grave and so does Pyrrha's sister

>Pyrrha's sister out of pity asks jon out for coffee and talk about pyrrha

>eventually they forma a relationship with jaune only doing so cause Pyrrha's sister is so similar to pyrrha

>Pyrrha still gets cucked even from the dead

This sounds like quality pottery

Like Pyrrha, Weiss wasn't omniscient either. She had to make a judgement call, and she chose to try to save the ship and Pilot-kun with it.
> It has nothing to do with not thinking clearly.
What are you even on about?
Pyrrha knew that it was her destiny to do something big and be the savior. When there was a big bad loose and she knew that the CCTT must not fall, what do you think she would do? Run away and try to find someone else to fix it in time? Or actually be the hero and win/stall long enough for reinforcements to arrive?

Little sister, you mean.

The show is shit and uninteresting, what did you expect?

>finally starts liking her back

>Could have played 11 minutes in heaven with jauned in their rocket trip to vale
>Goes off to lose in minutes in a fight she can't win to stall for help that's a half hour or something away cause an old fart said a sentence with no context or clarity

You don't really understand the difference between some random fuckers training hard and the talented training hard.

Ooblek knocked a meh off its ass with a dog for fucks sake.

yeah just like they did for Nuck

Do you not remember the scene where jaune starts initiating extremely lewd hand holding user ?