Dream Team Thread

Post your "Dream Team" of collaborators. I'll start

>MOON KNIGHT
>Writer: Grant Morrison
>Pencils: Stephen Stejic
>Colors: Jordie Bellaire

I feel like Grant is the best pick of writers for Marc's character and the mysticism/dissociative personality aspects of his character. I've loved Sejics work since I've noticed him on the DC books he's done this year and he makes everything look so fantastical, I'd love to see his take on NYC. Bellaire did fantastic colours on Ellis' run, truly using the blank white as part of the medium and as part of the moon knights visage.

What do you guys got?

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Great_Lakes_Avengers_(Earth-616)/Appearances
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stejic colors his own stuff

Really?! I haven't paid enough attention to the credits in Aquaman then. That's fucking amazing then, my boner for him is only increasing. Honestly doesn't even hurt my vision, I just really like Bellaire's work in the Ellis run.

>WORLD'S FINEST
>Writer: Peter Tomasi
>Pencils: Greg Capullo
(Whoever inked Metal is just fine with me)
>Colors: John Kalisz

I loved the interactions Tomasi wrote for Clark and Bruce in the area where he got to write both, especially the Manchester Black arc. Capullo's art is always great, and I think the style would mesh perfectly with the tone a Worlds Finest book should have. The colors Kalisz uses for Gleason I think would also work very well for Capullo. Also Trinity has been meh, and I need Bruce on Clark action that the book just isn't giving me. Diana gets a Brave and the Bold title with Bruce while Trinity is still happening but no Worlds Finest? Is'some bullshit senpai.

>The Amazing Spider-Man
>Writer: Gerry Conway
>Artist: Phil Noto

Conway has a long history with Spider-Man and most recently did the Renew Your Vows series which I loved. I just like the retro style of Phil Noto's art.

Any writer that hasn't been a part of Marvel's "Peter Parker Character Assassination" (namely Slott, and Bendis) mission would be great man but I've heard great things about RYV and have been meaning to check it out

Mockingbird with Gabby Rivera and Erica Henderson. A literal containment comic.

Serious answer: Dr. Strange/Silver Surfer with Neil Gaiman and Paola Rivera

Gabby Rivera just needs to be actually contained. Like in a fucking box in area 51. Also Gaiman on Strange/Surfer would be pretty GOAT.

>Iron Man
>Writer: Jonathan Hickman
>Artist: Phil Noto & ACO

I thoroughly enjoyed his 1610 Stark, and his 616 Stark was fine given the circumstances. Ideally Tony works best when he operates in a hard sci-fi Universe that's more like Star Trek than Star Wars, while keeping the down-to-Earth elements of something like West Wing. Hickman can handle al of the high-end sci-fi stuff easily, and his Nightly News and Black Monday Murders showed he can handle more down to Earth stuff as well.

Ideally, the book would be divided into 3 sections. The corporate/Stark stuff would be down to Earth and would be akin to the nature of Sopranos and Mad Men, with a dash of Tron (Legacy for the close-future) for the universe around him. The Iron Man sections would be frenetic and energetic, like something out of Metal Gear Rising or Vanquish, with Zone of the Enders/Mecha-Anime style battles and settings. The sci-fi/tech stuff would start off at a Deus Ex Reboot level and just keep on ramping up until Stark sets up colonies in Mars and we go into Mass Effect territory.

Phil Noto would handle the "downtime" stuff since he can really capture the look I'm going for, and ACO would do all the crazy Iron Man stuff. As for the genre, I'm thinking hard sci-fi/corporate espionage/international politics. Some supernatural stuff would be present, like in most of Hickman's stuff, but it's be dealt in a strictly Sopranos fashion,where they're few and far between, adding to the creepiness and unexplainable factor. Essentialy just give it the (Hickman's) Shield treatment.

I'd like his supporting cast brought back, but really, I want the villains to be revamped a bit and be allowed to shine. Hickman on Ultimo, MODOK and Mandarin would just be awesome.

>Doorman
>Writer: Neil Gaiman
>Artist: Jean Giraud

Maybe I'm insane but I think this would really work. Doorman is one of my favorite superheros and I really want the big names to write a story for him.
I feel like a surreal Doorman comic about him and his relationship with Oblivion would be amazing and would hopefully end up making the character popular.

Probably a Daken redemption series written by Bunn or Tom King. Also Slott Doc Ock book would be nice

>TITANS
>Writer: Tim Seeley and/or Scott Lobdell
>Pencils: Kenneth Rocafort

Seeley wrote Dick and his rag tag team well and I was actually sad to see him leave Nightwing, if he could carry that energy to the Titans title I'd enjoy it thoroughly. If Scott put just half the love and effort into Titans as he has RHATO during the Rebirth run then I'd be satisfied. He's doing a team book well with many guest characters that he nails the voices on, and his Dick was pretty good in the Annual. I realize that his TT run left a bad taste in all our mouths, but what he's been delivering in the last year makes me want to see him rip Titans right out of Abnett's hands (Aquaman should just remain his focus because I'd don't understand how that book can be so good while Titans takes a dump every other issue). Honestly having the writers take turns or even collaborate would make me happy. And also Booth needs to fucking leave, he's like a really shitty version of EVS and it just doesn't work for Titans. Rocafort needs no explaination the man draws like a dream.

>Thor
>Writer: Jonathan Hickman
>Artist: Cliff Chiang

DR Strange

>Writer: Mike Mignola
>Artist: Mike Mignola

Avengers
>>Writer: Geoff Johns
>>Artists: Lenil Yu
>>Covers: Frank Cho

Logan
>>Writer: Jonathan Hickman
>>Pencil: Gabriele Dell'Otto

Ms Marvel(Kamala Khan)
>>Writer:Grant Morrison
>>Artist: Alex Maleev

She-Hulk

Writer: Nick Spencer
Artist: Mike Cho

>Sensational Spot
>Writer: Gerry Conway or Hickman
>Pencils: Stephen Stejic
>Colours: Cliff Rathburn

Basically an ongoing about Jonathan Ohm, The Spot, who is pretty much forced into going back to being a villain because of his powers due to Mr Negative holding his comatose son hostage. It's essentially a traveling around the world, pulpy adventure where Spot ends up running into a bunch of villains and heroes like Omega Red and Punisher doing odd jobs for Mr Negative.

>lobdell
wtf

Spiderman 2099
>Writer: Mike Mignola
>Bruce Timm
My idea would be that it picks up with Miguel in the 2099 universe, with it being a shithole. It would then be about deconstructing then reconstructing what it means to be a superhero in the future, with miguel being beaten at every turn, but then, after having his gadgets and being left with nothing, picking himself back up and giving it one last attempt to overthrow Fisk or someone similar, possibly dying but knowing that he at least made the world a better place.

People like him after Rebirth RHatO which is actually pretty good

And literally everything else he's written is shit

Sejic wouldn't work in this case. He doesn't do much urban stuff. He's amazing at doing monsters and females. Unless it's another trip, where Moon Knight fights dragons of his imagination.

At least Bendis tried to give Black Cat her character back.

>Blue Beetles: A Day in the Life
>Writer: John Roger/James Robinson
>Artist: Cully Hamner/Gary Frank/Cliff Chiang

A 12-issue maxi-series that goes over the origin of each Blue Beetle that leads into a series peaking in and re-establishing each Beetles unique abilities and charms as well as rogues gallery's. The book would fly between all 3 time periods and over time it would form into one, almost 100-year long mystery that is being solved. Obviously cameo's from Booster Gold as he can chronicle the entire thing but a lot of Teds focus will be more on him as a solo character which he hasn't had a chance to since his Wein solo, with his main supporting cast being the Charlton heroes.
None of Giffens magic shit either, Robinson can help flatten out any continuity stuff

If Jean Giraud were still alive and he got a script from Gaiman about a surreal Doorman comic I doubt he would draw for it. That being said, it would definitely be an interesting comic book and I would unironically try to own a physical version of it.

>that serbian pedo and his poser

>Doorman comic

God yes. He was the only enjoyable thing out of the latest GLA. Just the perfect amount of aloofness and OP power without the obnoxious wackiness of characters such as Squirrel Girl.

I want a chat between him and Thanos so badly.

>The Question

>Written by Tom King

>Jason Fabok on Pencils

[Spoiler] I actually really enjoy King usually, with exceptions like "war of jokes and riddles" and I think his tone of writing really would suit the Question [/spoiler]

Following a fairly episodic street level version of the titular hero dealing with assorted conspiracy, and corruption. Characterization similar to how Morrison wrote his Question in pic related.

Id love to see him take on urban though, I think also weaving in fantastical egyptian elements, and yeah maybe nightmares of Marc's throughout the urban imagery would be really neato. Also I think he'd make the costume look sexy as fuck.

But i'd settle for Declan Shalvey coming back.

>Giant sized Man-Thing
>Written by Gaiman
>Drawn by Ormstorn

Fantastic Four
Grant Morrison
Cliff Chiang

Bring it back already

I didnt even know that was a thing. I'mma have to check that out

Redpill me on Doorman

first I've heard of him and I'm intrigued

pretty sure Stejic doesn't use poser, and even if he did its definitely not a crutch like how Janin uses it. he does amazing landscapes and over all detail

Amazing Spider-Man
Writer: Gerry Conway
Pencils: Stefano Caselli
Colors: Jason Keith

>great lakes avengers member
>is a mutant
>has a really funny personality without being too obnoxious
>died sacrificing himself
>oblivion resurrected him because of his connection to the darkforce dimension
>replaced deathurge to become the new angel of death
>continued to be a GLA team member after helping his friends save the world from maelstrom
>powers include: making doors wherever he wants, his body is a portal to the darkforce dimension, he can see beyond the veil of life and death with his deathsense , can fly at light speed, he cant be physically harmed, can change his costume whenever he wants instantly
>has some combat training and is experienced at playing card games
>cool ass all black costume with a variety of different colored capes and coats

You forgot his sick skiing skills.

Anyway as Deathurge's replacement, he's the Silver Surfer to Oblivion's Galactus (Oblivion being sort of Galactus big brother here), so in essence you've got a high tier cosmic level angel of death working as a member of the biggest team of jobbers in all of Marvel, and he loves and is fiercely loyal to his gang of losers.

Also despite being an angel of death he tends to slack off a bit, which has earned him a couple of scoldings from big boss Oblivion.

my god he sounds like a fantastic homebrew dnd character

I dig it

Recommended runs featuring him?

An in prime-Peter Milligan and Brendan McCarthy for Moon Knight.
Milligan is a perfect fit for something like multiple identities.
The same creative team for Creeper.

do want

The hero we deserve.

If you haven't heard of him thn you probably haven't heard of the Great Lake Avengers, so I recommend check them out.

Important appearances

>West Coast Avengers 46
>West Coast Avengers 48-49
>Deadpool 10-11
>Thunderbolts 15-17
>GLA (thier actual very own run, here's where shit gets FUN)
>GLX-mas special

For all their appearances, see marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Great_Lakes_Avengers_(Earth-616)/Appearances

Thanks anons, this seems like the kinda shit thats right up my alley and straight to my comfy zone, ill be seeking out those issues now gentlemen

>Green Lantern
>Tom King
>Rafa Sandoval

Oh, there was also a short-lived ongoing for them earlier this year or last. Not very good to be honest, but worth the read for Doorman.

>Captain America
>Writer: Hideo Kojima
>Art: Mike Mignola
I can dream. I think Cap would be fun for a series focused on super powered espionage. I just like Mike's art for Hellboy.
Alternatively
>Shade, The Changing Man
>Writer: Hirohiko Araki
>Artist: Hirohiko Araki
Shade's Bizarre Adventure sounds like it can be fun. What can I say, I want to see guest artists/writers from other industries tbqh.

Booster Gold by Nick Spencer and Lieber

She also worked in Smallwood's work further that run. She really fits MK. Current colorist isn't bad either: he makes Burrows' art work, and that's quite a feat.

If you liked Ellis run, cheek "Injection" on Image.

People usually likes his mutie books. And his first run in RHATO wasn't that awful: just a bit too wordy at times.

Kojima would probably do better on Black Widow, but otherwise that sounds awesome

Sam Keith Bill MesnerLoebs
Who is writing freaky mind sheet with sex stuff that isn't dumb?
Don't say Warren Ellis don't say Warren Ellis?
Writers um? Hickman? I dunno. What's the last romantic comic thing I read not Love and Rockets or whatever that other black and white thing is with the soulless eyes not Bloodspinners writer um Just Keith AMD MesnerLOebs I guess but no wait I can do this writers writers I dunno drawing a blank Ask my face video game weirdo on Twitter Robyn Miller.
Oh F yes! Jack mofoing Chick and Sam Keith yeah BOY!

i met stejic and his wife at comic con

cool couple

Moon Knight is my favorite character ever. God bless you. I wish I could have a Moon Knight ongoing and just know it wasn't near cancelation. Every book he gets, even from a first issue, I am worried it will be cancelled.

Junji Ito doing any weird vertigo characters would be a trip.

Geoff Johns and EVS for Promethea Rebirth.