A Watchmen sequel that ends up being nothing but FUCK FASCIST DRUMPF

>a Watchmen sequel that ends up being nothing but FUCK FASCIST DRUMPF
thanks DC, I thought it was only Marvel that sunk to new lows every issue

Is Trump even mentioned in the comic?

No but I loved Ozy's line about how he was an asshole with cancer.

Johns did interviews saying he couldn't make the story come together until Trump was elected. Why are you surprised?

People that hate Doomsday Clock have hated it since it was announced and since then have paid no attention to anything that's been said about it by the writer / artist / publishers.They're just mad that Alan Moore's not getting royalty payments.

>Story goes "both sides are acting like extremist assholes, only centrists are sane"
>Sup Forums only sees MUH TRUMP half

You can't possibly read this comic and not get that every reference to the "president" is referencing Trump in some way.

Watchmen was at least partially "Fuck Fascist Nixon"
and Miracleman was "Fuck Fascist Thatcher"
Moore puts politics into his comics all the time, If you had to make a sequel (which i'm still not sure they should have) making it political makes sense.

>"Rorschach hated gays, they're fucking the character up so bad!"
>It's a completely different, black character
>"FUCKING SJWS INFESTING MY COMIC BOOKS, REEEE!"

We're one issue in and Sup Forums already wants Johns's head on a pike. It's spectacular.

You can if you're a sane person who doesn't have a fucking victim complex

Watchmen is very political and I don't blame Johns for putting politics in his work but it doesn't work for me to write a sequel to a story from and partially about the 80s, set it in an alternate version of the early 90s, and insert political criticism from the 2010s into it. It doesn't work in the story as I've seen it so far and it takes me out of things.

This same comic makes mention of "The Wall"
You know, that thing that TRUMP just so happens to want to build?

They're talking about collusion in the NYC Massacre, not some kind of election process.

And it makes sense to mention the Russians because the Cold War is, was, and remains a relevant element of the Watchmen story.

>trump voters
>sane
They shot themselves to also shoot the sjws out of spite

>only centrists are sane"

No. Blackschach shits on them as well

Do you mean the Berlin Wall?

>so autistic he takes everything literally
There have been THOUSANDS of news articles in the last eighteen months referencing "collusion" between Trump and Russia. You are so fucking autistic and dense you don't get that Johns is writing about Trump as much as he is about his fictional characters

That's all you got from it?

No, I mean literally Trump's Wall

>into Mexico
Let's be honest, even nuclear threat America is better than the cartel-run third world

>Watchmen was at least partially "Fuck Fascist Nixon"
Not really. You get the sense that Moore doesn't like Nixon, but it's never offensive to any and all Republicans.

>and Miracleman was "Fuck Fascist Thatcher"
Not really. He's critical of his country at the time but it isn't off-putting.

The thing is, Moore is talented enough to write characters with political opinions he despises (Rorschach's objectivism) and still make the characters interesting, nuanced and appealing.

Johns isn't that talented.

Shit like this really takes me out of the story. I don't mind a political story but Watchmen was written in the 80s, and it shows. The plot is almost completely based on the Cold War. It doesn't make any sense to use a sequel to a story like that to comment on modern politics. If it was set farther in the future I might be able to buy it but this story takes place in 1992. How does shit like this happen in 1992?

Nope, not at all. I was planning on buying the series and literally decided not to based on a preview of the first page.

It's supposedly set in 1992 but Johns is getting cute with the "undeplorables" stuff. I'm fucking sick of this stuff. We don't fucking need it and he isn't a good enough writer by a long shot to pull it off.

The feigned centrism just makes it worse. It's painfully obvious that Johns is a lefty who hates Trump. His "I'm a centrist" effort just comes off as dishonest.

Spoilers: I didn't vote for Trump. I'm just sick of all this shit. I don't need something as dicey and ambitious as a Watchmen sequel to start things off on the FIRST PAGE, set in 1992!, to smack readers in the face with half-hearted Drumpf references, or to claim some sort of casual evenhanded grasp of the current political situation in 2017 American. Just shut the fuck up about that and tell your story.

The thing is, I'd actually be more willing to read a comic directly about how bad Drumpf is, or how bad Hillary is, if it was from a capable creator with something insightful to say. But it's 2017 and we don't have that anymore. We have glib lefties, glib righties, and "centrists" like Johns who still feel the need to make smart guy "clever" references to this stuff.

DKR showed then-Reagan in a negative light. You know why there wasn't ever any notable outcry from fans and readers, at least half of which (probably more) had a positive opinion of Reagan? Because it was clear that the guy writing DKR was a genius doing something very new and very innovative.

How insecure do you have to be to think that everything is a personal attack on your God Emperor? This is straight up fanaticism at this point.

see

>Not really. You get the sense that Moore doesn't like Nixon, but it's never offensive to any and all Republicans.
thats besides the point. And theres nothing in the first issue of Doomsday Clock attacking all republicans, just the President.
>The thing is, Moore is talented enough to write characters with political opinions he despises (Rorschach's objectivism) and still make the characters interesting, nuanced and appealing.

>Johns isn't that talented.
I agree but no one reads Johns for political commentary. He's good at character moments (most of the time) and big stupid capeshit events.
Really the main problem I'm anticipating with Doomsday Clock is they picked the wrong writer for the job.

It's cynicism vs hope, the political background just adds more layers to be discuss... Superman is the counter argument to the pessimism that Moore fucked with in Watchmen.

The comic unintentionally implied that Pence shot Sessions and Netanyahu because God told him to.