Remember that episode of The Proud Family where a Morpheus rip-off voiced by the guy who was in a sex tape with Kim...

Remember that episode of The Proud Family where a Morpheus rip-off voiced by the guy who was in a sex tape with Kim Kardashian showed Penny how to pirate music? And the message was that music piracy would cause the entire economy to collapse?

That's Whoopi Goldberg

Stare into the tooth gap of darkness.

Wait, what?

funnily enough I saw that episode right before going to see reloaded.

it's like the universe was trying to tell me something or maybe it was just a funny coincidence.

That's what OP said

Was The Proud Family right about anything?

It kinda did
Most musicians make money from concerts and other events
It collapsed the making money from sales part of the industry
The only people who make money from selling music are people who sell beats to other musicians, people who aren’t popular enough to be pirated, and composers who sell to people who specific music

Other than that, eh, not really

That's not pirating's fault, that's Youtube's fault.

>It collapsed the making money from sales part of the industry
most musicians didn't make much from sales to begin with

My favorite part is that in the episode it's not just the record company and millionaire musicians who suffer. Proud Snacks sales tanked, the news reporter got laid off and the streetlights flicker on and off.

I love that fucking episode.

I can't believe there was a time where we, as a society, gave a shit about pirating music.

Literally every song ever record by humanity is free and accessible on Youtube in seconds.

who even bought proud snacks

What's with the influence of Proud Family threads on Sup Forums lately

I have been noticing there has been some extremely shit taste in these threads as well saying how Dijonay is worst girl which is not even remotely true

Also I want my Dijonay commission I was promised years ago that was never finished.

someone pls draw me some Dijonay

Trudy was the breadwinner. Oscar should have marketed to stoners.

Because of the ongoing rise of the internet there was this funny little period late 90's and early/mid 2000's where everyone was making anti-piracy PSA's and morals akin to the anti-Drug PSA's of the 80's and early 90's.

>no record releases
>no record release parties
>no record release parties
>no snacks

It's simple economics, user.

her name is fucking MUSTARD
god damn, black people are just crazy when they name their kids.

its not an african cultural thing, its a "pick a condiment and pray this doesn't sound stupid" thing

we did have don't copy that floppy, that wasn't late 90s

> message was that music piracy would cause the entire economy to collapse?

Yep. I pirated that episode. Is that show still on the air?

That's not a black thing, that's a Dijonay family thing.

ten bucks

Give me your paypal.

Contractors.

who fucking names their kid Unnamed lmao

9 bucks

That's some DBZ shit. That's even worse than stereotypical Verbs-Like-Noun 'native' names.

Beat me to it.
Was about to make this same joke.

It's weird how huge the Matrix was when I was like ten and now I forget it existed until somebody reminds me of it. Somewhere around 2007 everyone realized how retarded it was and it disappeared, it has not stuck around like other sci-fi movie franchises.

I think I can see why Oscar was so overprotective

>drawing worst character both in terms of personality and design
>not drawing best girl penny

penny is strong, cute and pure

Add some pink buttons and change the shades to a dark pink and you got Jaden Smith

Yeah, it's strange. I remember I used to be really into The Matrix, even the sequels. And it was so big that almost every other show or movie was referencing it. But now, nobody mentions it. The Wachowskis are stuck with bomb after bomb. Actors like Keanu Reeves are known more for John Wick than Neo. And so on. It's like everyone made a formal agreement to wipe The Matrix from pop culture.

>not following the reply chain
>not seeing that some other guy specifically requested that someone draw Dijonay

Remember the time Penny joined the male football team and fucking died.

Jesus. This is a legit attractive character design.
I thought it was just fanart all the way with you old people and this show.
Should I watch it?

>make a Disney cartoon about black people
>every black character is portrayed as a horrible person, and the only character who's not a jerk every episode is the ginger white girl

That's for you to decide.
It's like 50 percent hot Penny and funny Oscar, and 50 percent characters you want to beat up with a hammer

My favorite quote in this episode came from Wizard Kelly
>Wizard Kelly we're down to our fourth quarter!
>Down in the fourth quarter?
He rips off his suit and reveals he's wearing basketball gear
>Pass me the ball and put me in the game.

>I thought it was just fanart all the way with you old people and this show.

wut?

and? shit taste is still shit taste.

Pretty sure every character but her was a jerk

>every black character is portrayed as a horrible person
Nah man that's not the show, that's you. Do some soul-searching.

>It kinda did

No it didn't. Making money from concerts/events has always been the only way to actually make money for 99% of the bands out there.

Just fucking educate yourself, even at it's highpoint back in the MTV era, practically every band was in huge debt to the labels, because the music companies raped them.

The standard practice was, you want a contract you need to make music videos, the videos will come out of the band's pocket, but will be produced by the music company who will inflate the budgets of these videos to make the band owe them more.

Then when the sales come in, the band has to pay off the huge debt before they see even a cent, and when that is done it's not as if they get a huge percentage of the sales.

So even back in the MTV era, signing up to a label was really nothing more than a very expensive advertisement (assuming your video even got any airtime on mtv), and any money you actually made were from concerts/events.

JUST LIKE IT IS NOW, except you don't need to sign with a label to get a video up on youtube, so it's actually better.

Piracy was never the problem.

Dude, they were all assholes. The only black character in that show I can think of who probably wasn't a jerk was that effeminate kid in the shorts.

Damn.
The mexican bitch hated the main protag
The main protag was strong but also learning shit
the other black girl was fucking annoying and flakey as fuck.
The only black kid who was smart didn't wanna be around the other black girl.
And the only person who cared about shit was this white ginger looking motherfucker.

I still downloaded Disney movie soundtracks, fuck you mouse, I learned nothing
Also I will never forget the part where police raids her home, why is it that when white people download pirated music they don't end up being dragged out of their home by 20 police officers?

It's the industries fault for being so idiotic that they couldn't figure out digital distribution and instead fought it tooth and nail
CD sales where always a scam anyways
>Be shitty band
>Come up with one single good song everyone wants to hear
>Sell CD with 8 songs and everyone is forced to pay for all of them instead of just the one

It was a bad show that was bad in a funny way

On IMDb, most of the reviews say the show is racist and stereotypical against blacks. Yet on social media there are millions of black people making memes of the show and saying they loved it as kids. What gives?

Mexican people love Speedy Gonzales.

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

Becuser wipypo are dumb.

haaaaayyy

Because it hits close to home in the right way.
A black kid that isn't in the ghetto can easily relate to the characters.

Just because it's a stereotype doesn't mean it isn't true.

She got a nice ass

10/10, would rape in an alley, as is custom

This, wipypo try to regulate what is and isn't racist because other wipypo don't listen to 'inferior' races when they try to explain

I remember seeing someone rant that Lucio from Overwatch was a racist caricature because he was a black Brazilian who liked DJing and soccer

How is that even racist? Everybody loves music and futbol.

It's not, wipypo said it was because they literally can't differentiate between common culture and harmful stereotypes

It's this really uncomfortable gray area that no one's really fully right or wrong about. As a black dude growing up in America it was always a pain in the ass when friends of family always assumed I was playing sports or going to college for sports. Always felt uncomfortable for me to tell them "no," almost as if I was disappointing them and I just didn't like how quickly they'd assume it.

Remember when Bow Wow was a Smallville villain?

>girls want to play sports with the boys to prove they're just as good.
>They get btfo

>liking ratchet ass black bitches
>liking spoiled, uptight, know-it-all bitches

How has Trudy not been posted once in this entire thread? She's like Gina from Martin in cartoon form.

But Penny did know it all. She was never wrong. Just look how terrible everyone around her was, you'd be uptight and superior as well.

Trudy is hot, but she treats Oscar like shit and constantly flirts with other men just to tease him.

why did the disney channel have the worst cartoons?

>People in real life can't be jerks
>People in real life can't be nice
>People can't be jerks or nice based on circumstances that transpire around them.
>All the black characters in the show were horrible people after you ignore all the nice things that they did and how main cast loved each other as a family despite their flaws.
Brah. You need help and understanding what makes a human.

Don't be silly, it's just 90's now.

Like Michael Jackson.

Black people irl are jerks. Your point?

Where is the lie tho?

Matrix references were all over the back in the day, sometimes in the forms of instrumentals that sounds "matrixy" but what you see is someone just displaying some skills or moves, like Bart dressing like a ninja and rapidly placing Chinese restaurant ads everywhere. No need for it. And then in We Bare Bears it plays while someone makes a sandwich and it's fucking 2017 holy shit why are we still doing this?

I will always remember the episode of the proud family where they tell the crippled kid to fuck off and they're not putting up with him anymore cuz he is an asshole.

Protip when there isn't anyone being racist or discriminating someone around you in your daily life and you have to go out of your way andlook really hard and misrepresent people and what they meant and their intentions or exagerate things and blow them out of proportions just so you can find something to complain about and some excuse to justify your own bias and bigotry then you are being the asshole and you are the one harming other people for no reason, also you are harming way more people than you realize because you may justify attacking a comedian and you may justify attacking that comedians white fans because you hate white people but what about everyone else who enjoys his comedy and what about people who are looking to relax and blow off some steam instead of looking for more stress and bullshit? You may have worsen some black persons life and if your goal is to help black people you just achieved the opposite

IMDB is filled with nothing but morons. You should know this.

Is there something bothering you user? Tell us, please.

Trudy always looked familiar to me

>Talking shit about Sense8
Fight me, nigga.

I already did, what people call hatred and discrimination are in reality excuses to justify their own hatred and their own discrimination towards other people
If you have to look real hard to find it then it isn't there Im absolutely sure many Indians love Apu, I'm certain many Mexicans love speedy but we are never allowed to hear what they have to say, why is that?

It's been a long time since I saw someone get this triggered

You are making targets out of good people because you need a scapegoat for all the anger you feel towards yourself

lol nah. I'm not attacking anyone, but you sound like someone called you racist once and now you're crying about it to Sup Forums.

do you often assume the worst of every person who tells you something you dont like?

>getting this defensive
calm down, dude

>Implying Hollywood and the entire cultural industry isn't commiting suicide with remakes, virtue-signalling celebrities, SJW propaganda and sexual crime accusations.

It's called getting old user. The movie's almost 20 years old at this point, be thankful that they're not still trying to milk the franchise.

isnt that exactly what you just did tho?

WBB is made by out of touch oldies who only know ancient memes.

Stereotypes are true for a damn good reason. Ask Sup Forums if you don't believe me.

Listening to copyrighted music on YouTube IS pirating, dipshit.

I remember an episode where Penny hit her head and dreamed of an alternate reality where black people were still treated as third rate citizens

>Penny did know it all. She was never wrong
There were a few episodes where she was wrong, but overall she came off as either and complete asshole or a rational voice of reason about being right. There was the episode where she started out as intolerant of Muslims due to 9/11. Then she is taken in and aloud to observe their life and comes to accept that they were just people. Then later someone said something which was similar to Penny's original view, but rather than explain calmly to them or relate that she used to think that way and try to help them see her new view. She goes full guard dog mode about it and gets mad to the point that the Muslim family has to calm her down and tell her its fine. Like how dare people be ignorant as penny was just a few hours ago.

The only thing I remember from the flashback was that the mom was pissed that Penny said Black instead of Negro. I think that the episode should have revolved around Sugar Momma and shown her as a single mother in that time trying to raise Oscar and his Brother. She actually lived through that time. But they couldn't show Sugar Momma being anything but this super cool in your face black woman. Can't go back to her in the 40s-60s when she would have had to have abide by Jim Crow laws. Not just that but she grew up in the south at that time. Oscar's side of the family are all Louisiana Creole. They only time they ever had explored Sugar Momma's past was when she thought about Oscar's dad one time.