The wrong. Who was in it here?

The wrong. Who was in it here?

The guy who didn't just go back up to the roof and jump off after being saved and caused the whole mess to escalate.

You for making this shitty excuse for a thread. Kill yourself, you fucking faggot.

Whoa really makes me think.

spbp

/thread

FUCKING THIS!
FUCK THAT GUY I WISH HE ACTUALLY KILLED HIMSELF

You for evading my word filters

This, but also Mr Incredible's boss, for not at least stopping his speech and calling the police

MOMMIE COME LOOK I DID A Sup Forums MEME I HAVE FRIENDS NOW CAN I PLEASE GET TENDIES

The Boss for basically letting someone get mugged and it showed why the law was practically a problem in the first place. And actually talked on how super heroes are so needed and it's pathetic on how that society functions.

It would be easy like raping a pencil

Did anyone make a screencap of that thread?

Only this one

>implying the police would get there in time
>implying the police will do anything over a mugging
>implying the police won't beat up the victim

>implying the police won't rape the victim and the mugger

InsuraCare's stockholders ultimately.

You, sir, get one free hug. C'mon ya big galute..

Wasn't he crippled when Bob grabbed him?
I would imagine that would make it kind of difficult.

The boss for being a manlet

FUCKING
THIS

that man would been charged with disturbing the order and socially unacceptable behavior, then put into an asylum.

Robert. Because the jumper he saved ended up producing that abortion called 'Coco.'

Thanks Bob. :-/

I... I don't remember this scene. What happens?

Mr. Incredible gets super angry because he can't save a woman being mugged.

All Bob did was tell his customers how their insurance actually works and that's no reason to fire a man. Also, even though Bob's out of shape, trying to aggravate a man 4 times your height and 6 times your weight is not a good idea.

No problem, stutter-user. It's a clash of differences. Bob is getting chewed out for not keeping Insura-Care in the black.

>that man would been charged with disturbing the order and socially unacceptable behavior, then put into an asylum.
Not in the PC society they apparently had for Incredibles to take place in. The guy wanted to die and then Mr. Incredible didn't check his privilege and messed it all up. Now the guy can't kill himself of his own volition.

It's good to know some anons still get it

*sigh* stop shilling your own posts. No one forced you to join the thread.

Thanks. Forgot this movie had a lot of amazing moments. Gotta rewatch it tonight for the hell of it.

This.

The boss was in the wrong for supporting the system, enabling it, but he was still just doing his job, and but a cog in the greater machine. Mr. Incredible was also in the wrong for taking the job, and then making small token gestures that went against his job.

The wrong moral wrong here is on the part of Insuricare, and indeed the shady culture of insurance at large, though both Bob and his boss have blood on their hands as well.

Its fucked up because you can't really punish a company in a way that makes them learn their lesson.

That seemed so incredibly dark for a kid's film, not helped at all by the fact that it's also totally unrealistic.

>get thrown through several walls
>concussion, bones broken, property damage
>just quietly smolders as he’s wheeled away by paramedics

Evil or not, Bob’s boss was a straight up badass

...why do we have capital but not corporal punishment? I mean, "everyone on the board gets a fingernail pulled off by pliers" seems like a good enough incentive.

>buttmad OP detected

One thing I never got clear about the government making supers illegal was how that would stop super villians give a shit? They don't give a fuck about the law and now supers interfering would be more difficult.

"Cruel or unusual punishment" isn't allowed by the Constitution

get your "detector" recalibrated. i'm not the op. I'm the guy giving free hugs.

It's cruel AND unusual punishment.

All punishment is cruel by virtue of being a punishment.

I feel like Mr. Incredible didnt really violate any REAL company regulations, just the bullshit ones his boss was putting up. All he basically tells the old lady to do is to take her case up with another department iirc. If that’s all she needs to do then her claim is clearly legit.

Bob was helping clients with their insurance claims. He did nothing illegal. Tiny boss man lectures Bob about enabling adversely selective clients. We don't know the financial stability of this particular insurance company, so presumably tiny boss man had a genuine interest in keeping out unprofitable clients to keep the company afloat, hence the lecture.

Bob was in the wrong for attempting to leave the room instead of just calling the cops like a decent civilian would do when witnessing a robbery on ground level across the street. Tiny boss man was in the wrong for threatening to fire him instead of calling the cops right when Bob pointed out the robbery in process. Tiny boss man was in the wrong for taunting his employee.

Bob was in the wrong for throwing tiny boss man through several walls.

Bob deserved to be fired and more, if not for the memory wiping. What Bob could have done was call the cops for the guy getting mugged, and then report to the higher ups about tiny boss man's potential corruption.

The boss was in the wrong because Mr. Incredible could have easily gone to a whistleblowing outlet or sued on the allegations of receiving discipline and backlash for something that the boss legally cannot discipline for (helping the customer actually navigate the system)

In no actual business world would the Boss have been making such accusations anyway as it would have been stupendously easy for any employee to do the above and walk away with a nice cash settlement and the Boss losing HIS job for openly admitting the system is designed to fuck the customer. All managers talk in code and quietly make your job hell little by little until you quit in this kind of scenario

/thread

They told the cops to shoot on sight and broke out the National Guard to fight the stronger.

Yeah sure a super villain got powers but how well he'll fair against several tanks and helis

Bossman totally deserved to get his ass kicked, but not by someone who can lift buildings

if it that manlet didn't have the plot armor of being in a kids movie he 100% would've fucking died from that shit immediately and been a bloody splatter on the wall

>Bossman has probably routinely denied insurance to people in dire need and indirectly contributed to their deaths/poverty

bossman is in the concession
plotting our oppression

The rapist.

I'd rather he be put in prison and suffer lesser beatings over a longer period.

He became a quadriplegic thanks to bob. He is now literally unable to rnd his suffering.

HE IS GETTING RAPED.

Thread. Bob should be in prison for attempted murder.

Shot dead by the police. 99% of supers in the Incredibles universe are not much more durable than normal humans. For that are, we have these convenient little tubes that shoot rockets that can penetrate a foot of armored steel. Bye bye supers.

Well, let's hope it's the Joker!

you need a hobby lad

I'll be right back.

Wouldn't the guy robbed in the alley just get his stuff back through insurance? Unless it was a priceless heirloom or something, it would behoove him to just accept he got robbed and collect money for it.

he got shot user

The architect for designing the head office with an alley view.

No, he was beaten up.

>guy gets robbed in broad daylight by a stock image burglar next to a busy road in the middle of a metropolitan area where everyone can see him

oh yeah I think I'm confusing it with the image of a violent movement on the part of the robber and then him walking away

When the boss is grilling Bob, he specifically states that all of his clients are experts and navigate all the loopholes/hoops with the greatest of ease.

Insurance being a scam is well known, and a ton of people who have worked in that industry have come out openly and said it. The business practice is still the same.

As it turns out, invulnerability in their world is incredibly rare. Most supers could die from a stab wound, most villains probably retired after seeing others get gunned down.

>Incredibles universe is more interesting and believable than Marvel or DC

>a ton of people who have worked in that industry have come out openly and said it

I'm sure, but the key point lies in the disciplinary hearing and how the Boss phrased it. I get it's a kids movie but for the sake of the argument, Bob could have absolutely gone to higher-ups and threatened lawsuits for being officially disciplined by his manager for helping customers properly use the system. Bossman would have been fired as a coverup by the industry if Bob's lawsuit went public and/or they would have settled

Managers (in America) have to be really careful when calling an employee in for a disciplinary meeting because if it's unjustified the employee can point to it as a reason for raises/promotions/unfair treatment and it gets messy legally

>All punishment is cruel by virtue of being a punishment.

Misdeeds should not have consequences?

I've always wanted to say this: I have always found The Incredibles was boring as shit, even when I first watched it when it came out and several other times afterwards, I could never actually finish watching it because nothing really interesting or engaging happened. I think I even fell asleep once while trying to watch it.

>Just found out Cherokee retired
>Also found out Flower Tucci retired
What was the best Bangbros era and why was it 2005-2008?

>totally unrealistic
Not really as things like this have happened where someone being saved sues the person who saved them. What happens is that when you fail to kill yourself you are fined because suicide is illegal. On top of the fine you can be sued if you were to use a business to aid in committing your suicide for either destruction of property, trespassing, loss of business, endangerment, and to cover their insurance rates which will go up because of the act. So lets say a man jumps off of a target but is "saved". Target can and will in this case sue the saved man. This man in turn can sue his rescuer for any physical or emotional damages that he has as a result of being saved in order to now cover the expense of their failed suicide. And in some countries like Japan if you do kill yourself, your next of kin are obligated to pay these fines and can be sued in your stead, which happens often as Japan is in the top 5 countries for suicide.

In the case of that one guy though suing Bob it would have been a flash in the pan type deal. The real issue was Bob being sued by that train full of people he saved, on top of the train company suing him and the insurance company suing him.

The situation you describe is uniquely Chinese (and formerly Japanese but laws have been revised since the 1990's.) In the U.S. you can't sue someone for attempting suicide on your property, if they could the Golden Gate bridge would be the biggest money maker in California.

>no BLACKED tab
>no tumblr tab

Bob shouldn't have gone a physical route, and could have easily whistle blown the illegal practices going on at that company using his govt contacts.

Lawrence for not being in HIS GODDAMN LAPTOP

YOU AUTHORIZED BLACK COCK IN THE PUSSY

As if that's anymore cruel or unusual than running an electric current through a guy's wrists.

I love you so much.

The state fines you rather than sues for "attempted" suicide. So the few people who have survived that have been fined, I know of at least one where the fine was $10k. Hell a kid of a co-worker of mine tried killing theirself and his family was hit with 60k in fines, ontop of mandatory therapy, and thats in PA. And that's all just state fines, not even going into if a company wants to sue which they can. It doesn't mean that the company will win, and in the long run it is worse for PR to sue the mentally ill. Still if they want to they can sue.

I can think of some others who need one too.

bob he shouldn't have over reacted, yer the boss was a dick head but violence is never the answer

Well, violence is never the answer. It is however the question, and the answer is yes.

All villains in the Incrediblesverse are normal people who use gadgets and all superheroes have superpowers.

the guy getting raped in the alley

Some spraining, but it's still ridiculous how he somehow managed to get a case when he was trying to kill himself.

Why DID Bob decide to work at an insurance company, anyway? He would've been much better suited as a policeman, fireman, or a bouncer.

the 70s were a different time

He didn't decide on the job, he was assigned the job.

He was given an office job as opposed to something like what you mentioned, because it would have minimal risque of exposing him as a super. Remember, he was in hiding, people weren't supposed to find out he was a super hero. Doing a job where his powers would become readily apparent is a terrible idea.

Insurance specifically is, in theory, nice because he can still help people and save people like when he was a Super Hero, but it's also an office job with no risque of exposing his powers.

Learn how to spell 'risk' faggot.

>BTFO so much this is what you come up with

Hunh? I'm not the other user, I don't disagree with anything else in your post. Was just pointing out how autistic it looked with you spelling risk as "risque" twice in a row.

Now, now, no reason to blow a gasquet,

The one who went in against a Sicilian when death is on the line

So it's genuine autism, then? Alright.

What exactly is this fascination you have with these "tendies"? And how are they supposed to somehow invalidate someone's statement?

Im not getting it.

How is death less cruel than fingernail removal?

[u]

Not to mention Gamma Jack was a radiation-based nuclear antihero at the peak of what would be a Cold War era understanding of atomic energy. He was kept under constant surveillance because he exhibited super-supremacy ideals.

Also supervillains were lucky if the police came. In the DVD extras, it's revealed that Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl are pretty good heroes to be thwarted by because they just incapacitate you. Gamma Jack would just outright kill you, and given is powers were radiation, he probably gave either you the Hiroshi Ouchi treatment and outright obliterated your DNA in every single cell of your body or atomized you instantly.

No, he's saying that they should, and that's why the limitation isn't just cruelty itself. It's cruel to take away someone's freedom for 20 years, but if you murder somebody, that's the penaltly you'd get, if not more. It's unusual to make them spend those 20 years getting their liver surgically reduced and fed to other prisoners each time it regrows, though.

Burn it to the ground.