Raimi made him a corny normie view of comics being outdated stereotype

>Raimi made him a corny normie view of comics being outdated stereotype
>ASM focused too much on trying to set up an original universe
>Marvel just uses him as a cheap whore for their established universe

Why can't he have a good movie, he is one of the top 3 popular comic characters, Batman has at least 3 good movies no matter how you look at it, Superman has 2, WHY NOT SPIDEY

Because Spider-Man is more of a soap opera with super heroes in it than a super hero comic.

Raimi already gave him 3 great movies, what's your problem? That's one more than Superman got.

>Spider-Man 1&2
>Not good

And fuck right off with your shit opinion.

So basically what the comics have done throughout the years. Technically all the movies were on point then

MCU Spidey is easily the worst version I've ever seen. Reminds me of that awful ultimate spider-man cartoon where they take one of Peter's many qualities (trash-talking during fights) and make the character some giant 24/7 quipster.

Of course everyone in the MCU is a quipster by this point so it's moot.

>Raimi made him a corny normie view of comics being outdated stereotype

And that's where you fucked up. Nothing will please a jaded fuck like you. Why don't you just crawl up and die.

>Spider-Man 3
>Great

>Bitching about Spidey and quips

Do you even read comics?

I don't have to read comics to know that a character that quips 24/7 is inherently unlikable.

He's more of a savage than a quipster.

Raimi Spidey was the best kind of savage

To be fair, I find that Spidey quips a helluva lot more in comics nowadays than he used to. Sure back in the day he cracked jokes, but it seems like nowadays, he's seen as the class clown of the Marvel Universe. Maybe that's cuz he was with the Avengers for so long, and was characterized as "the jokey one" to stand out among them, but for real, Peter used to be able to carry on a conversation. The "lol sorry I can't switch it off" quipster who annoys the shit out of every other hero, and is PHYSICALLY INCAPABLE of stopping himself from making a dead wife joke to the Punisher, is more of a modern thing.

The new animated one comings out looks cool. I really wish animated movies got more respect. Oh well.

>franco getting his ass whupped twice
>not great
that funny spring noise followed by dumpster smash made the mood whiplash so hard it was almost satisfying

You're telling me, I hate Miles and I must admit it looks cool. I mean MLP The Movie was great, but no respect cause not only is it a 2d animation not by Disney, but also ponies and toy stigma.

Let's not pretend they were more than a couple points above Robin and Forever, they weren't near that bad, no, but probably as close as Spider-Man will get to that level of cheese. When I watch those films they just....have too many lines and scenes that seem like a kitschy gay man wrote them not out of respect for comics, but cause of how silly they can be, undermining any drama that might be going on

MCU Spider-Man is the zombie Spider, only the most sellable traits of the character pumped up to ten while sucking out all purpose or heart

>implying that wasn't a genuine compliment
Bonesaw and his husband were the first homosexual couple in a superhero film. Bonesaw's anger over the comment hinted at marital problems.

Nah, you're just a jaded fuck. Kys

>When I watch those films they just....have too many lines and scenes that seem like a kitschy gay man wrote them not out of respect for comics, but cause of how silly they can be, undermining any drama that might be going on
That's precisely how I feel about Nolan's "serious" films.

How about you go ask Sup Forums, they know about movies

I wish I could sage

I'm just afraid if you give 'em miles spidey we ain't never going to get him back. I miss my cornball shit, i miss goofy ass white bred maynaise cornshucker humor, its my Iowa jam.

Give us back our corn syrup and maynaise, mang... make a few jokes for the kids, stop making edgy reboots of our old sitcoms, let us be hams and do stupid honkey shit the way you do dumb black shit.

It's been FIFTEEN YEARS since Spider-man literally read insults off of notecards to Kingpin. Him quipping is not a new phenomenon.

No, he was just frustrated that the industry he chose to be part of would not allow him to be openly gay. So the company overcompensates by having a bunch of arm candy as his harem of helpers.

New buzzword? Kewl! Anyone who doesn't like what I like is "jaded", it's the new "edgy"!

>Iowa
Ok your greatest contribution to the world was Slipknot, I thought you loved "edgy" in those parts. You're all potential masked serial killers in jumpsuits are you not?

>PHYSICALLY INCAPABLE of stopping himself from making a dead wife joke to the Punisher, is more of a modern thing.

i-is this a deadpool is spiderman joke meme or did that really happen

Spider-man 2 is the best cape movie

It happened, that time Frank looked like Solid Snake and had a Femisher sidekick IIRC

Not even close. Batman 1989 and The Crow tower above it if you just want quality and style, if you want corny outdated views of apple pie super heroism, the first two Superman movies are much better. If you want something more modern with a sense of drama, X-2 and Dark Knight trump it.

Spider-Man 2 is the definition of overrated.

If you ignore the whole part of the movie where his powers inexplicably stop working and then come back when it's convenient for the plot, with no explanation whatsoever.

That was such a non story

Raimi's Spider-Man was based as fuck. Even the third one is better than anything else that came after it.

You can, faggot. Just because sage is invisible doesn't mean it doesn't exist anymore.