Have you accepted the Bunny as your lord and savior?

Have you accepted the Bunny as your lord and savior?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bqF5-pqzdvs
youtube.com/watch?v=tpcf_qD3GW4
youtube.com/watch?v=jEUJTo6-stg
youtu.be/CmIKR458M0A
youtube.com/watch?v=Fw1hgdp7EdY
youtube.com/watch?v=lk5LhR2LzNI
youtube.com/watch?v=uD5pqOsW1PU
youtube.com/watch?v=oImoleq80AE
nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/tv-funhouse-veggie-tales/2872744?snl=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Original uncut version of the song has never been re-released in high quality

What'd they cut from it?

youtube.com/watch?v=bqF5-pqzdvs

>edit is against cannibalizing beans

Literally did nothing wrong.

He doesn't sing it as well in the second version, which is a shame.

the dark background and dark tinted models made this scary as a child

I love how this got censored twice.
Veggietales is still my shit.

>"Monsieur Bob, we're not suppose to sing the bunny song!"

Even the blatant censorship is great.

The third one sounds like satire they did as a joke about the fact they had to censor it in the first place, it certainly doesn't fit in place of the original song in the story it came from

>youtube.com/watch?v=tpcf_qD3GW4
>explaining waifus and waifufags to small children

this show was something else

4skin

I know SOMEONE hasn't accepted their lord and saviour...

>2:45
>Walking into a waifu thread.avi

To this day, while looking for a comb, I still sometimes hum that hairbrush song....

>They don't fix the part that makes "fork" sound like fuck

Get out of my face Nezzer. Your bunny worship will land you in hell.

>eyes smaller than freckles

Here ya go

I wish I had a fedora to tip for how much I detest christianity, but Veggie Tales is pretty fun. I stopped watching after the Jonah movie though.

>Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your lord and savior?
FTFY

What's the best Silly Song and why is it youtube.com/watch?v=jEUJTo6-stg

That's because most of the lessons taught in Veggietales aren't exclusively related to Christianity. Even the ones directly based on Bible stories. From a religious view, Rack Shack and Benny is about not worshipping false idols, but from a secular view it's about not giving in to peer pressure.

Compare that to Bibleman with it's villainous caricatures of Jews and atheists, and it's easy to see why Veggietales is still enjoyable for the non-religious.

My favorite is and will always be manatee, but this song made me emotional as a kid
youtu.be/CmIKR458M0A

Good analysis. Thanks.

>propriety
This show wasn't afraid to teach kids new words.

>bibleman had jewish villains

Explain.

>big nose
>kosher dill pickle
>stem looks like a yarmulke
>character model usually portrays corrupt businessmen and politicians
How didn't I notice this guy was a jewish stereotype earlier?

You clearly don't know the depths of retardation in American christians. There are literally schools in this country where simple scientific facts are taught to be "tricks sent by the devil".

I didn't ask you to tip your fedora, I wanted to see shit like the evil Dr. Shekel, King Kabbalah or the The Brisinator.

You literally said "Explain" not "Insert ancient memes into my odorous gullet so I can feel something again"

I don't think they have straight up Jewish villains. They probably have a stereotypical pushover antagonist if even. Maybe just a Jewish stereotype. Like some Hasidic Jew, but playing him like all Jewish people are that way.

But, if there is a Jewish villain, then these guys should definitely get on showing that.

Fossils were put rhere,by the Debil to confus ya

I never realized how much parts of this sounds like "Don't you want me baby"

did any soccer moms complain about this one being too sexual?

youtube.com/watch?v=Fw1hgdp7EdY

youtube.com/watch?v=lk5LhR2LzNI
this one always scared me because the fact they were just bendy lines looks so unnatural and unsettling, especially combined with the uncanny early 3D environments

I wish I had a sweet job like that working at a chocolate bunny factory. Paid to pray to anthropomorphic chocolate.

Meat Loaf as fuck.

never really focused on how weird they look when moving like that

still absolutely one of my fave silly songs

>It's not safe for children to hear the word church or mom and dad since most children are growing up in single parent households
>What children should be learning is all the ways in Wich people choose to have sex
The current state of society

In the spirit of Christmas.
youtube.com/watch?v=uD5pqOsW1PU

>in which Larry prefers the company of criminals and killers to that of the IRS

Are you legitimately mentally ill? The first version was censored because parents were upset that it talked about skipping church and disobeying your parents. Keep that paranoia in check.

Do you have any proof for that?

Literally 15 seconds into that video. The video of a song released nearly 20 years ago, you loon.

I wasn't aware that text on some YouTube video uploaded by some guy constituted proof of anything, I guess the world is flat and also earth is hollow too

Come on, guy. Use your common sense.

youtube.com/watch?v=oImoleq80AE

>20 years
Shit, I feel old.

He says both "Yeah, I'll go to church" and "I'll obey my mama" in the fully clean version, what the hell are you talking about?

TEN DAYS AFTER I TURNED 8
GOT MY LIPS STUCK IN A GATE
MY FRIENDS ALL LAUGHED
AND IjuststoodthereuntilthefiredepartmentcameandbrokethelockwithacrowbarandIhadtospendthenext6weeksinliprehabwiththiskidnamedOscarwhogotstungbyabee,rightonthelipandwecouldn'teventalktoeachotheruntilaboutthe5thweekbecausehislipsweresoswollen,andwhenhedidstartspeakinghejustspokePolishandIonlyknewlike3wordsinPolishexceptnowIknow4becauseOscartoldmethewordforlip:usta!

ON THE DAY I GOT MY TOOTH I HAD TO KISS MY GREAT AUNT RUTH

AND IT FELT WEIRD

SHE HAD A BEARD

Your friends all laughed... usta. How do you spell that?

Yeah, I love the Bunny!

God damn I never released how well executed this scene is. The lighting, coloring and the song itself gives it a creepy feel.

No, I'm an atheist.

Lol, religion takes a backseat to morals, don't you know? I bet I am the most godless heathen in this entire thread, and yet I can see what the moral of the story stands for and how it remains the same, regardless of any religious context. That is like saying you are a thief, but it is cool because FUCK RELIGION amirite. Nah, dude, it is just about morals, a thief is thief and will be treated as such regardless of whatever religion they or their victim follows. The Bunny Song emphasizes obsession and worship of a chocolate bunny, as well as going against your own beliefs, so, yeah, you could spin it religiously and say that the bunny represent false idols and all that, but you could just as easily argue that the chocolate bunny represents money and is meany to symbolize greed / lust or something that speaks on a more human level morally rather than religious.

If you want to whip out a fedora and bring up your detest for Christianity in the form of animation then you should go watch BibleMan, or something like that. You know, an animated show that actually does focus in on Christianity first and foremost and fails at setting up a proper story or characters because the directors are so haw keyed on brainwashing kids with religion. That all being said, old veggietales is okay, but new veggie tales suck dick, both in terms of animation, as well as the world building.

Still holds up tbqh

Really weird how DreamWorks Animation owns it now

did they ever depict christ himself as a vegetable?

I don't think deities of any kind actually appeared in the show. The only example that comes to mind was the angel appearing in the furnace in Rack Shack and Benny, and that was just glowing white light.

Is there a Muslim equivalent to Veggie Tales?

Wouldn't talking [non-humans] be haram in itself?

As far as I know, no, but there's this:
nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/tv-funhouse-veggie-tales/2872744?snl=1

It doesn't play.

what did he mean by this?

really gets those peas hoppin'

At least the criminals and killers are honest in their intentions.

Angels appeared in the Jonah movie, though still Veggies in design.

>proto muslims having french accents
my god, big idea predicted the future of western europe

Was it weird that I had a small crush on the blonde carrot girl?

Were they furries? Or some sub-genre focused on candy-based anthropomorphic animals? I'm sure that exists.

That entire episode was. In fact if you owned the 3-episode vhs like me there were two (esther and Daniel) that made me not want to watch it.

no user, because i thought she was cute too and i think she'd look cute as a human

new designs are weird
I actually think they could work really well if they reverted the eyes back to how they were before

i'm considering watching this, i've been giving some cartoons that have interested me for a while from afar a shot

Every person on my facebook feed said the same thing when it came out but I haven't seen any suggestions for a better design for talking vegetables.

Truly terrifying

They showed the burning bush a few times, but even then, it never has a voice. The narrator (usually Bob) always speaks for them. Seems like they're very careful to avoid doing that.

>Mouse Trap, I wanted to play Mouse Trap
>you roll your dice, you move your mice
>nobody gets hurt

Remember the Snoodle's Tale? They never said the old guy who gave the Snoodle courage was HIM. But it totally was.

Also did anyone else get scared during any episodes? For me it was lord of the beans.

As someone who is a complete atheist I still love Veggie Tales. It was incredibly well done.

Is it just me or are these guys underrated when it comes to christian movie reviews?

I was lucky enough to see the uncut version.

I own the VHS. Don't see how the original was even a problem to begin with. Sensitive christians and their censorships. "DON'T FEED FOREIGN IDEAS ABOUT NOT GOING TO CHURCH TO MY CHILD!!!!"

Maybe if they hadn't used something as euphoric as Chocolate. I mean as guess that's the point but if you sit a kid down and ask him if he wants to pray or a chocolate the size of his arm he'll never pass up the chocolate.

they had The guy who made Earthworm Jim as the show runner for the first few seasons, then they left.

Tommorows Pioneers

Kids were singing the song, and parents didn't like it. It was too catchy.

>grew up in foster care
>went through several different homes
>in one home, I went to boy scouts/beavers/whatever the fuck they call scouts for 6 year olds
>I remember a grand total of one meeting(despite having apparently earned several merit badges)
>we watched rack shack and benny, and the bunny song and the furnace scene still stick in my memory today

goddamn, veggie tales are weirdly good for what it is.

Jokes aside, it makes sense. Jesus did the same.

It's not really a complicated issue. Kids were singing the song, and parents weren't super happy to have their kids singing about disobeying their parents and doing bad stuff.

>jokes that went past you as a kid
HoIy crap that's a good one

Matthew was a tax collector

I’m a mobile poster and it played when I opened it

True, and so was Zacchaeus, of course. In general, Jesus preferred the company of the poor, the sick, the downtrodden, criminals, prostitutes, servants, and so on, rather than the company of the well-off and influential. Which makes sense: Which side needs what he has more?

god i loved veggietales back in the day. they were pretty bold to go with a "bad end" in the jonah movie where the main character stays an asshole and is abandoned in a desert.

Fishers of Men aside, imagine how useful He could've been if He convinced the wealthy to give to the needy?