Webcomics General

There are people on this board, RIGHT NOW, who will insist that Shlock Mercenary hasn't become complete and utter shit. Pic related: what the fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

comic.bostonandshaun.com/index.php?date=2005-02-14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Some arcs are better than others. This page made me roll my eyes too but the man does a page every day and has for ten+ years. Some are bound to be clunkers.

He hasn't had a good arc in at least a year or two, and he's trying so hard to be a feminist ally that it's turning his comic into unreadable cringe.

Pretty much the only good way to make a feminist good comic is basically have a feminist learn that not all of her beliefs work and basically she becomes more than just a feminist icon, she becomes a person who learns over time and learns to become a stronger person.

BUT HAHAHAH THAT WONT HAPPEN.

Eh the rest of the arc has been fine so far. Elf and Kev's relationship problems have only taken up like a handful of pages and it looks like its just being used as a way to give Elf her own ship. I'm looking forward to the shenanigans that will inevitably happen when they have to pass that corporal off as a captain and she has to give orders to her boss.

It's Ok in parts, but after following almost from the beginning I now only skim it for any gags. Lost the plot probably 2 years ago. I'll praise its unbroken update history though.
Meanwhile pic related shows some other webcomics some might like.

Anyone know of an old webcomic from the early Aughts, about three shapes who ran a space station that was tiny and bately used? One of the early gags was that they were getting a resturant, which turned out to be a hot dog stand. There was also a running gag about a man in a space suit drifitng between two beacons. It ran for a few years and was eother hand drawn or done in ms paint.
Anyone have any ideas?

where was it hosted? keenspot? Any links to other comics? Names? I was kinda active cataloguing webcomics for wikipedia at the time but there were many thousands - mostly dire that sank into oblivion.
pic related is not the longest running, but example from the time, and one I believe has never had a hiatus

I am going to fucking strangle InCase if this comic gets cancelled.

Is it still vaguely veiled libertarian propaganda?

Why the fuck is Gamercat on this list

The whole Elf thing was weird
>diminutive grunt
>give her a new amazonian body and makeover
>oh and she was secretly super smart this whole time too
>suddenly falls in love with the resident mad scientist
>who happens to be the author's stand-in

But what I find really frustrating is every story has the action build up across about 10 different locations and groups of people, so updates are constantly jumping all over the place. Then at the end of an arc little gets resolved; compared to how long it took to get there the story just abruptly ends. And the next arc usually begins with a time gap so all the characters know how it all turned out, but it only gets slowly drip fed to the readers, if at all.

They just secured eternal life for something like 90% of sophonts. They're ludicrously wealthy and yet they still work for money. So why are they going to the kitten planet to do medical work, FOR FREE, despite the kitten government's objections, and then stop to bully a kitten ship captain around?

Also, the upload-hating race who forced the All-Star into hiding...didn't they look kind of like Fobottr?

>if this comic gets cancelled
Why, tho? What makes you think that?

>Shlock Mercenary
Fucking hell, there's a name I haven't heard of in almost a decade.

is there a webcomic similar in quality and tone like camp Weedonwancha?

What happened to that webcomic with freddy mercury and his gay son..

What webcomics do you fucking hate, Sup Forums? Like absolutely despise?

And I'm not talking like Dobson, Assigned Male, XKCD, ANY of that shit that fills the bad webcomics threads. I'm talking the shit that you have your own reasons for hating, and most people probably don't know about.

Joe the Circle?

Shit it's still alive

oh good

Strong Female Protagonist. Just thinking about it makes me angry. I have it filtered on Sup Forums because I cannot stand to look at anything related to it.

I also hated a comic called Dino Boy but it's dead now so it can't hurt anyone anymore.

>"I'm an autistic numale"
See, was that so hard to say

>if this comic gets cancelled because he can't motivate himself to draw something with no fucking dickgirls in it

I'll build the scaffold and you get the rope

comic.bostonandshaun.com/index.php?date=2005-02-14

I still miss this

>Vibe
It's been cancelled for two years.

How the fuck does a religious Mormon turn so SJW?

>implying there won't be dickgirls in Alfie

If that goat demon race isn't androgynous I'm going to be incredibly surprised.

It's currently on indefinite hiatus.

>Nimona

Are you serious?

bumpang