youtube.com/watch?v=xRK-6FPnk_I
youtube.com/watch?v=dXlw-CC1xo8
youtube.com/watch?v=PEIaqHgPiME
youtube.com/watch?v=1XcdKUUc18Y
youtube.com/watch?v=leC5WE7P2To
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"He didn't chase them away."
"No."
"Even though he yelled at them. And was always mean. And stole batteries he, didn't need."
"We'll of course not."

Rocket learning that his friends won't abandon him even when he's a little shit always makes me tear up.

reminder that this scene is offensive to people because ???????????

no, i don't
and stop jerking yourself off, you're not coy or in any position to feel superior over others, with the way that you're acting

Yeah it's definitely that one.

I liked the brief serious moments in Ragnarok.
Odin's death and Thor praying

>Captain America will die before we see a MCU version of "the Captain" costume or William Burnside movie

When Banner said he tried killing himself. It was great and the only good thing Whedon did. Not only does it really feel like characters felt it but so does the audience. Banner continues to be the best character in the MCU.

Kraglin's face melting during the funeral almost got me.

Fuck off.

>Most emotional MARVEL moment?

If we can include non-MCU Marvel movies: Logan's death.

If we cannot: Yondu's death.

youtube.com/watch?v=xRK-6FPnk_I

youtube.com/watch?v=dXlw-CC1xo8
0:31

You posted a version with Groot music added in.

you''ll see it in Infinity Wars and you had a preview of it in Winter Soldier

I can do this all day.

I didn't get that part who was chasing who away?

>MCU
>emotion

lol

You know I was honestly surprised they actually killed him off. Would never expect that from them

but it was just like them to make a stupid joke during his funeral

Hhhnnnggg!

none cause they always ruin it with quips

man that sucks

I feel like Ragnarok would start to get emotional, and then make a joke at the last second. Every time. Liked the movie though.

Apparently it's a very Taika/Maori thing, which is hard to notice since some Marvel movies bordered on that before.

Rocket was chasing his friends away by being a dick. Yondu earlier told Rocket that he did the same thing. In the end, Yondu's friends come through for Yondu, and Star-Lord reassures Rocket that the Guardians will always come through for him too.

Why does this movie still pack a punch compared to current Marvel flick? I didn't feel the same emotional turmoil I felt in Civil War even though Russo's made that film. Is it the music?

It was a good moment but didn't make any kind of sense in context,

>Yondu gets exiled because he's a fucking asshole who sells children to a maniac for profit.
>Halfway through the movie they find a cave that's literally full of those kids' bones.
>Oh but it's ok, because he saved ONE of those children and suddenly he's a hero and everyone shows up to honor him.

I mean come on, dude may have turned a new leaf but he's still a fucking monster who's responsible for the deaths of thousands, maybe millions of children.

GotG2 did the exact same thing.

WE ARE GROOT

Ego told Yondu he wasn't going to hurt his kids and when Yondu found out what was going on he didn't deliver Peter to him.

As much as people give shit to Vol 2. I have to say it had one of the best endings out of all the MCU movies, up there with the original Iron Man movie and the first Captain America.

Yeah but even if he didn't know what was going to happen to them, he still kidnapped those kids and sold them off, and they kicked him out because of that. Saving one kid later on does nothing to make up for that.

I don't know, Taika has the dog killing scene in Hunt for the Wilderpeople that wasn't played as a joke.
youtube.com/watch?v=PEIaqHgPiME

Kidnapping them to return them to their celestial father

I have to agree. I am in the camp of really liking GOTG 2, but I think that ending made all the difference. Fucking Cat Stevens man.

Just because some dude says he's actually their dad doesn't mean it's ok to kidnap them away from their families and home planets.

>You'd think, after all this time, I'd be ready. But look at me, stretching one moment into a thousand... just so I can watch the snow
>flatline

GOTG is one of those movie that had a ok first half and great second half.

Your personal feelings aren't objective.

>>Followed up by the nurse seeing the floating cape as a gag

Strange had so many humorous moments it could have afforded to go one fucking set without quips

I think Strange was the worst Marvel movie at least in this regard. Other movies have pointless quips and gags as well, but in Strange they felt even more out of place than usual, like they were literally edited in later to lighten the movie.

That was an underscored comedic moment. It worked well.

The cloak wiping off Strange's tears was a little too much, though.

Having literally just watched Civil War for the first time since it came out I think it fails to deliver any lasting impact to the audience because it's unable to escape it's unfortunate situation of being a pretense. It only really exists to serve as a bridge from Avengers 2 to Avengers 3.
It may be the only MCU movie that fails to completely stand on it's own.

>like they were literally edited in later to lighten the movie.

They were.

>That was an underscored comedic moment. It worked well.

I didn't mind the cape gag, and the movie didn't waste any lines or any real attention on it. I did hate the tears wiper though.

My dad nearly died a couple months before. He was in a similar bed and I was too scared to hold his hand. When thise scene came up I was crying like a little bitch, you only understand when youve been through shit like that.

Honestly at some point he should have gone "wait, with all the kids I bring you, why are you always alone?"
He didn't want to know. Although I guess him participating in killing Ego who was going to literally destroy the universe is also part of his redemption. You can argue he saved more lives than he destroyed.

Stakar calls him on tnis exact pount, and yes, his sacrifice was what redeemed him. Luckily Rocket isn't to the point that he has to die for his friends to forgive him.

It was?

I found it and every scene with Gamora offensive, but that could be just me.

Rocket is for the feels. Third movie will probably have a subplot when we learn about his past. Which means animal cruelty.

That could get dark, but may also have his otter girlfriend.

Tempted to ask who was his first one but yes it's actually happening. Probably. I was thinking that perhaps vol. 3 might be have too many new things going on already but given how it's gonna be his last MCU movie he's gonna do it in this one.

Warlock's going to turn good because he's going to connect with Rocket about being made as a mknster, calling that shit right now.

monster*

Didn't they have her, at least her name, in the first one?

Yeah, Lylla's listed as one of Rocket's allies. The other one is Groot, I think. And there was a picture of Wal-Rus in the brothel on Contraxia in Vol. 2.

Gunn said that one information from the rap sheet scene is probably gonna get retconned. People concluded it must be something about Rocket because nothing else makes sense.

People are hyping her up but she might be just a red herring because Rocket's life is suffering.
Or she dies at the end. Actually letting her live and become a part of the group would be the biggest surprise. At least we'll get lots of new fanart.

Oh she's so dead. I would be surprised if she makes out of a flashback.

>Work on mocap for this movie
>Get contracted to do 2 more movies before we hire new people
>Crunch time, we're way behind schedule that's due in 2 days
>we get to these scenes
>Literally a week worth of work done thanks to them just standing there and making no facial movements, minimal eye tracking and lip sync
>Finish it up just as we begin other projects with some new people
Don't like the movie itself much but appreciate moments like these since they usually give our crew a breather.

As for saddest MCU scene, Hulk in Thor:R since he wore his helmet way too low and jumped around a lot with blurry cameras. It hurt to work on him.

I appreciate it, user. Good work.

It would be their first meeting (Rocket believes he's the only one who knows how he feels). My theory is that she might be programmed to be a honey trap because whoever created Rocket might want him back.

My theory is they were together at where Rocket was made. They're as happy as two can be together given the environment, stuff happens, she dies etc etc. Now he's the only one (left) who knows how he feels.

>suffering
It doesn't have to stay that way. He had an epiphany at the end of 2 about people actually liking him, he may be better natured going on.

My mom had cancer when I was young too, immediately connected with Star Lord.

>he may be better natured going on.

Hopefully a bit more like the DnA Rocket

youtube.com/watch?v=1XcdKUUc18Y
Fuck you I cried like a bitch.

literally me.

He won't be angry but the events of the 3rd movie might make him quite melancholic.

"Listen baby, ain't no mountain high
Ain't no valley low, ain't no river wide enough baby..."

Most MCU do kinda stand alone, they are just forgettable. I'd say all of Phase 1 was good but in Phase 2 you can simply skip past Thor 2 and Iron Man 3.
Phase 3 is a bit weird, important shit happened but some of the films just aren't that good. Civil War, Dr Strange (effects and final boss solution were great), GotG 2 etc. Only one I REALLY enjoyed on the levels of Avengers, Iron man and Winter Soldier was Thor.

How does he survive again?

Tahiti. It's a magical place.

GOTG2 should've been so much better than it was. It was bogged down by so many obnoxiously drawn out scenes.

>Tony talking about "the mission" in Iron Man
>Steve jumping on a grenade in CAFA
>Showing the hero line up in Avengers
>"I'm with you to the end of the line" in CAWS
>Nova Corps sacrificing themselves in GOTG

Anyone got a gif of Groot nonchalantly puking, for reaction purposes?

Lol he's basically a child trafficker

The man child dad american audience are dumb as fuck

well GotG2 got a hero line up like avengers too

It's still kidnapping and child abduction

never mind did it myself, though if anyone can do better

>they are just forgettable
I don't know if I would go that far, but I have a pretty high tolerance for 'bad' movies But even a movie like Iron Man 3 or Thor 2, say whatever you want about their quality, they put themselves before the MCU collective. Civil War doesn't. It exists as a vehicle to move characters and their dynamics from one film to the next.

If I remember right Fury had him rebuilt with some kind of reverse engineered Kree tech.

>It was bogged down by so many obnoxiously drawn out scenes.
GotG and Thor 3 shared that problem. They just sort of meandered around waiting for the third act to start. Sort of the opposite problem JL had where it didn't even bother to be bogged down by a second act.
>get the band together
>fight the bad guy.

>It was bogged down by so many obnoxiously drawn out scenes.
>GotG and Thor 3 shared that problem.

The pacing in GOTG 2 gets better with subsequent viewings. The only scene I still don't like is Gamora meditating before Nebula shows up.

>>Literally a week worth of work done thanks to them just standing there and making no facial movements, minimal eye tracking and lip sync

cheap and lazy marvel productions, everybody!

Thanks user, that's my favorite MCU scene.

This and that ending bit with take my hand.

Having only watched it twice, most of the Drax scenes and ravager scenes over stay their welcome by a few lines.

A roller coaster in a moment, and a single line that would change the next 9 years of American pop culture.

you have my condolences user.

samefagging hard

I cried harder during Charles' death because he had just had the "happiest day of his life". It's painful remember

Exactly this. Somewhat ruined by a bunch of people in the audience laughing at his scream of pure emotion, but I can forgive them somewhat because they had been primed by so many other genuinely emotional and/or serious moments earlier in the movie being immediately followed up by something humorous.
On that note, Peter being able to play catch with his dad for the first time ever was really quite touching (and incidentally was also not punctured with a joke either).

Forgot one: when Mantis touches Drax and starts sobbing uncontrollably, finding out for the first time what a father's reaction should be to the loss of his child. Damn fine acting in that scene from both Bautista and Klementieff, and also the score is great.

>She was like you.
>Disgusting? :)
>Innocent.
>mfw

what was the song called during his space funeral

Cheers, it's a good one. We had no idea it was a death scene since we don't use audio and the pieces are in scrambled sequences.

It is a great scene on its own but also just a more pleasant experience to work on for pacing behind the scenes, a break from hard tracking frame by frame.

Father and Son by Cat Stevens.

youtube.com/watch?v=leC5WE7P2To

I enjoyed the hell out of Drax and Mantis the whole movie. In all I liked GotG2 more than the first.

Something about Gamora though, I have an irrational hatred of her. Every time she comes on screen I just can't stand it and want her to fuck off.

I liked every character in the movie more than her.

Her actress just isn't very good or maybe isn't trying hard enough. I can never take her seriously. I like Mantis and even Nebula much more.