Why is there not a bigger uproar about how all of CNs new 2018 line up looks like shit? Literally none of it looks good

Why is there not a bigger uproar about how all of CNs new 2018 line up looks like shit? Literally none of it looks good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g81l7aQwjQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=01gF4ZTZbsE
youtube.com/watch?v=vVo3uCJoXRI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're just pilots. Things can change a lot.

>those fingers
I draw like a fucking 13 year old and even then I think I could do better

There's nothing we can really do

Where the fuck have you been? Sup Forums's been shitting on all the pilots on a daily basis, especially on this one and Craig of the Creek

We can bitch to CN and dox the creators and sent them box of shit and rycen. Cuck of the creek is just as bad

I found it ridiculous that people were cheering on this elephant loser to cuck that hedgehog thing. Why can't they just self-insert as the cooler guy?

This, but I do remember a few threads mentioning how terrible everything looked. Isn't TTG the only thing to regularly break a million viewers now? I doubt any of these shows will set the world on fire any time soon.

Because we're not all nu-Sup Forums and feel the need to bitch about every new cartoon just because it has a different art style.

Whatever cartoon you like as a kid looked ugly as fuck too. If Ed, Edd and Eddy came out today you people would do nothing but bitch about the style. Or Courage the Cowardly Dog of Johnny Test or whatever the fuck it was you grew up to.

I have faith in based Sam Alden.

>Isn't TTG the only thing to regularly break a million viewers now?
Shit taste kids need to be gassed, they are the scum that killed CN
Its not just the style, its the fact that the settings are fucking shit and the humor is pure cringe

I know it's kind of odd to point out, but that's an unusual amount of thigh showing

>Why is there not a bigger uproar
>Why isn't everybody crying as loud as I am?!
>not even thinking the regular LIFE IS ENDING CARTOONS ARE SHIT NOW threads every 3 hours is enough

neck yourself already, jesus.

The first big thread we had about this when the pilot was released, several people proved the designs could be way better for a kids cartoon.

Fuck off shill

>hurr I'm not 8 years old any more and don't like cartoons made for 8 year olds any more

Same fucking deal. If EEnE came out today you'd be whining about jawbreakers and similar shit.

The design looks like its a fucking preschool show

The humor would be actually funny though, dipshit. CN is supposed to cater to us, thats what they were doing in 2010. Fuck this gay kiddie shit, the reason why there fucking failing is because they refuse to cater to adults anymore

I remember, I don't have the pictures but there were drawfags that made infinitely better designs

Dude, there's already been like 3 shitstorms for each, I like them, I want to give them a chance. but discussion about them is just autists screaming and flinging shit.

holy shit you are deluded if you think CN is supposed to cater to you, AS exists for a reason my man

Advetnure time, regular show, gumball, and steven universe caterd to us with funny humor that kids got. Making unenjoyable shit only brain dead retards like will and already has tanked the network. They havent learned from Cn real and now their scaring off their core fanbase yet again, except this time their too stubborn and fucking stupid to change. I hope to fuck that adult swim junior isnt just a fucking ruse and they seperate from the cancer that is modern CN

>the humor would be actually funny

You're not actually judging the humor. You're just being a bitch. You'd say the same about any cartoon if it premiered today.

>hurr, you see this new cartoon with the talking cheese that lives in the ocean
>god damn what is wrong with Nickelodeon these days
>fucking SJWs ruining everything
>I'm gonna go watch my burmese zoetropes

You've never had an original thought in your life. It's all just hivemind and memes with you faggots.

>You're just being a bitch.
Its literally shipping drama:the show. I tried to give it a fucking chance and it still disapointed me. Fuck off you fucking shill peice of shit

Not even them, but nice buzzword.

I'm can't point exactly why but those designs are disturbing

I'm just tired of these low effort, no skill, blob designs, this is your chance to make your own show, form some kind of legacy and you are satisfied with it looking like shit a gradeschooler would draw?
Where's the sense of pride does it not exist with these people?

>Advetnure time, regular show, gumball, and steven universe caterd to us with funny humor that kids got.
Holy shit you've got to be trolling.
Just because a show for children has humor you understand doesn't mean it's "catered" to you.

>Just because a show for children has humor you understand doesn't mean it's "catered" to you.
Yes it does, the fact that these shows have no humor besides “lol im a talking animal” shows how untalented and fucking shit the writers are

Because, you're late.

They have a show, you don't. That's enough pride.

>legacy
Hahaha. Most people who made cartoons in the past have been put into a cupboard of memories. Why bother if the only people who are going to remember you are autists like you?

I know calarts style is the big meme and it's not a well liked style here but this? This trash? This is what actual shit art that no one likes looks like. It looks like the lazy scrawlings of a kid trying out flash for the first time. It's unprofessional and an eye sore.

>I can't point exactly why but those designs are disturbing
Look at them, they look like they belong in some sort of Deviantart gore/fetish comic about cute things getting killed in some odd fashion but masks the gore by using a pastel color palette.

It's supposed to look childish, but the immersion is ruined because you know damn well a person in their late 20's/early 30's created this.

A small, small part of me is actually grateful for not getting into the animation industry yet because it means I'm completely unassociated with the dark age.

i like the NTR aspect of this show

most of us have given up,do the same OP,is more confortable

You fool, you could've saved us from the dark age.

I don't blame you. It's not like you drew the thing.

>implying
This one is kino user
If you want boring shit you have that creek tumblrniverse one

Reminder that the creator is also responsible for this.

Tis the season and all that.

Without hyperbole, this looks like deviantArtist's fanart trying to pass off all their mistakes or lack of knowledge as "style".

What? I thought everyone just found the elephant/tapir thing to be outright pathetic?

It honestly looks like it's drawn by a diaperfur.

>That perspective outside the window

I need to know how the FUCK does a person like this get a job in the industry? I want to say they better have killer writing skills, but we know her work, have seen Adventure Time, and have seen the pilot and that's clearly not the case.

Does her family fucking own CN or something? I just don't know how someone like this can even get their foot through the door let alone a fucking series while artists like pic related have every single one of their pitches shut down despite being objectively better in writing and art in every way. And I'm not saying she's the best, I'm just saying she's a sure of a hell lot better than Julia Pott.

Because it needs to be RELATABLE, not all of us were Chad's who could get with the girl we liked, but one day we could! ;(((
Even though the faze of dealing with unrequited love as a kid for the first time was full of more mixed emotions than sadness, more bitterness and frustration, and the lesson ended with forget her and move on. Not stay a beta orbiter and dance in pajamas

It is a style, and I hate it. I hate it for pandering to autism and being a special snowflake against a boring backdrop. It enables androgynous, weak, scared and disabled characters placed in awkward, minimalistic, forced-drama situations.

There will never be a single interesting character, background, or scenario coming out of this show, because it was specifically made this way. That's why it has no right to exist.

It's almost as if kids' daytime cartoons are for kids

The creator is a girl, and left the MC a beta with seemingly no possibility of winning the girl over. Maybe she thinks beta orbiters should stay that way and be happy as losers still trying to entertain the notion they'll get with "her"
Maybe the show will end in a time skip. 10-20 years later Oscar and Hedgehog are still friends, just friends. They rent an apartment together, but Oscar pays the rent mostly. She always brings tinder dates over and pays nothing, Oscar stays in his room talking to his slippers when they're over. She finds out she's pregnant and the baby daddy is gone. Oscar and she can now be together because she needs a provider now! See nice guys do win in the end ;)

You had a sad life man. But you really need to get your shit together

This is below a kids cartoon, this is a toddlers toon. This feels like someone at NickJr accidentally picked up the wrong script for production and designed it for that audience. The voice direction, the art style, everything being so inoffensive. Even as a kid, there were shows I hated because they were ugly and I can't imagine the dull slow pre-teen drama enticing kids to stick around. This appeals to no one.

I'm not talking about myself. Just thought of the worst possible situation any man could be in
Being cheated on or a cuck is one thing. But being a safety net is just as or even more humiliating

And it's okay user, just leave her and man up. You're still young, you have the time to restart your life.

like being cheated on means there was something there before. But now they decided you weren't worth considering anymore, or even worth hurting
Cucks are just disgusting individuals
But a status of a safety net? Means you are a last resort. Its not like theyd even
consider that are they are good enough, its not a question. being 2nd can hurt, but the insurance policy? That's just heartless

This fills me with despair as an artist. What's even the point in trying to improve and say something when people who just make something like this get accepted because, bluntly, they're rich and have connections?

>inb4 user just make your art shittier you should be glad they lowered the bar for you

I didn't get into this to half ass it, I got into this because I wanted to try, I wanted to give it effort to make something beautiful. I shouldn't be fucking feeling this, I'm employed at a studio, I'm in the industry, I made it, but looking at this just makes me feel so defeated. If all the effort in the world doesnt matter, if all the chances are going to be given to these post ironic neo sincerity trust fund hipsters with no passion or vision, then why am I even here anymore?

I'm going to fucking quit and be a stock broker or something.

I saw Craig of the Creek's pilot and I don't get what the rage is all about. What's the main gripe, again?

I fucking hate this show. It's like Wes Anderson, Hot Topic, Klasky Csupo and all of Tumblr and DeviantArt combined had a retard baby. The pilot was barely watchable.

Lemme guess. A Cal Arts graduate? As long as Mommy and Daddy's trust fund check clears, you get a show!

Julia Pott is actually very talented, you should familiarise yourselves with her work.

youtube.com/watch?v=g81l7aQwjQ4

This doesn't scream "very talented". This screams "being experimental while in college" and definitely doesn't scream, "suitable to make kids cartoons".

We can learn

Why does Gumball have floppy dog ears?

>replies after 1 and a half minutes
Jesus, at least watch half of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=01gF4ZTZbsE

>decide to fill pilot with shipping bullshit
>set the stage for mordecai 2.0
also whats up with the baby voices?
thank god this show wont last long enough for the need to replace them

Are you assuming that this is the first time I've seen this? I know her work, people have consistently posted all her shorts and all of them were equally unimpressive.

I feel you user, and am in the same boat. I'm also working at small animation studios and it feels like a struggle just to get my foot through the door just because of the competition. It feels like you either need to be at the end of the spectrum where you don't practice art at all and spend all your time being social to get far, or the other end of the spectrum where you do nothing but draw to the point of killing yourself and being a godsend just so you can be ten thousand times overqualified to work on kiddie shit.

If you are anywhere in the middle, you're fucked and have to rely 99% on luck to get noticed.

I can understand not being personally impressed by the style or tone of it, but it's fair to say she's got talent. I'm getting tired of seeing all these bitter bettys' bitching about how much better they are at animation and how hard they tried. Boo hoo, cry me a river.

that was uncomfortable to watch

She doesn't have talent. How can you even come to that conclusion after seeing them? There's no vision, there's no originality, this is all just wannabe folk art with stock digital effects thrown in! The stories are so dissonant I'd rather watch a Mumblecore film! There's nothing here except absolute pretentions and mock depth! Even a fucking wannabe Tarantino film student could do better with a gopro and a backlot!

Is it functional? Sure, is it cohesive? Barely. Have we really reached a point where something being FUNCTIONAL is the main quality of talent?

You plebe! You philistine! You troglodyte! Get some fucking culture in your life!

>dark and foreboding=talent
>despite shite character design and "animation"

Nearly everyone working in Hollywood "has talent". Every single artist working at Disney, Dreamworks, Pixar, Blue Sky, Illumination, and Sony Animations "has talent". That means nothing. Her art style is unappealing for a kids show, it's mediocre overall, and her writing is bland and uninteresting, doubly so for a kid audience.

Despite this, she got a show. The only actually way I can explain this is through bullshit connections that made the competition for other people with pilots unfair, or Adventure Time alumni nepotism, where CN is just giving AT crew members their own shows to try and hit lightning twice. They did it with OK KO, Steven Universe, Over the Garden Wall, Clarence, and now this.

Boo hoo, entertainment is unfair and someone got an edge in because they were lucky. Boo hoo, they were lucky, and somehow that means they're less worthy than you. Boo hoo, they have what they want and you don't. Suck it up and stop being a sore loser. Maybe play the game and socialize with people instead of being an obsessive little nerd that draws too much when your job is to make stuff for kids. Maybe learn to not take yourself so seriously, maybe that's why nobody wants your stupid sexist show.

looks like shit but it was a trip. Is the show like this?

Wow struck a nerve much?

Was it made by a diaperfur or something?
Because it looks like they put one in charge as the art director.

Boo hoo, someone doesn't like your favorite artist, Julia Pott, and you have to admit you have shit taste, boo hoo.

Hi Julie! Your show sucks!

I don't think I'd want to self insert as any of those characters even if I was the most autistic of tumblrgoers

Mord 2.0 or at least 2.5 was Finn

>actually very talented

Yeah, people keep saying this, but I'm just not seeing it at all. It's the same shit as Summer Camp Island, just grittier. Even the elephant kid looks practically the same.

I've only seen this so far
youtube.com/watch?v=vVo3uCJoXRI
which I thought was nice, but that was just a little too off

Bauhaus user there has solid points. It does feel like lately, art and creativity is more often 'alternative' instead of inspiring. Take it from a guy who lives in the art capital of his nation, and often goes to local and national biennales and exhibitions. Some of the newer artists are sometimes confusing - they have technique and skill, but the message and aesthetics are quite a bit of hit and miss. And of equally worse quality are those who art for profit. And I feel this is also what's happening to cartoons, at least those on Sup Forums. Newer cartoons are either cash grabs or trying to be artsy but just end up confusing. Like OP's pic for example.

>is it cohesive?

Since when have cartoons been cohesive? I don't disagree with your sentiment, but this generation of cartoons will be remembered for trite shit like Super Jail, Mr. Pickle, Adventure Time, and Teen Titans Go. Zany and crazy artsy stuff is in, it doesn't sell well at all, but for some reason whoever is green lighting this crap loves it, so it's here to stay.

I'm so frustrated at how that guy genuinely has a ton of good and insightful points, but presents himself like such a faggot that it undermines the message.

Doesn't help that people keep trying to make it a forced meme.

It may be a side effect of a theory that because of the fast evolution of IT communication, where anybody can reach an audience, that art as a concept for mass communication of deeper ideas that wouldn't reach an audience otherwise is kind of obsolete. Therefore, artists are subconsciously projecting an abstract nihilism towards the creative process because they have no response to years worth of art effort being equal to a public lecture now. Art is losing its status as a humanity.

So it's kinda like a lowest common denominator kinda thing? That's kinda sad.
Shouldn't we, as one of those avenues for mass communication, spread knowledge about art stuff? Like, perhaps something like one of those Batman work on your art threads, but a bit deeper? Saturate the wavelengths with knowledge to people absorb it via osmosis?

>The absolute state of cartoon network

>blaming an art movement that has been dead since the 1940s for shitty art styles numerous decades later
the simplicity of bauhaus is something that creeped into other forms of media but nowhere near the extent this guy likes to pretend it does

>Why is there not a bigger uproar about how all of CNs new 2018 line up looks like shit?
You haven't been on Sup Forums for long.

ITT

BLACK AND GAY REEEEE

I really don’t think it works how you seem to think it does.

>edgy furry who draws everything in a style she developed before puberty
wtf i'm an underdeveloped autist too, why can't i have a show on CN???

It isn't anything new on the *chans, as far as evaluating modernism goes.
Hell, posting Corbusier in Sup Forums's and Sup Forums's architecture threads is not unlike posting Shadman on Sup Forums, derail-wise.

You lack ambition.

The fun thing is that Le Corbusier was literally far-right

>CalArts graduate
She graduated from Royal College of Art and Kingston University in London

Is this a girl or boy?

It took my third time rewatching to realize it was a girl.

It is