Can someone explain to me how someone with LESS votes gets elected? Looks rigged to me

Can someone explain to me how someone with LESS votes gets elected? Looks rigged to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullification_Crisis
youtube.com/watch?v=7wC42HgLA4k
youtube.com/watch?v=OUS9mM8Xbbw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>what is electoral college ?

Because believe or not States rights are more important than overall opinion in America. And thats how it damn well should be. Lincoln broke the constitution by declaring war on the confederacy

>yfw the "rigged" system played right into the hands of our boy

Electoral votes(the ones that matter) are Trump 276 - Hillary 218. What she one was the popular vote.

Its called having a Republic, not a democracy.

Also Trump won so hard he beat the rigging and voter fraud.

This has been the most understandable reason for the electoral college I've read on Sup Forums

Trump is at 305 electoral votes.

He crushed it. New Hampshire may have a recount or something because its only 1000 votes off, but it won't change anything.

>part of the reason Trump won is that retards wrote in Harambe
Kek

It's so that huge voting blocks like spics and niggers that bread like roaches and concentrate in Cali and New York can't sway the election.

inner city non-producing useless consumerist faggots BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

now go line up for the new iphone cunt

States don't have the right to secede you dumb fuck, that was codified after Andrew Jackson threatened to invade South Carolina if they seceded

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullification_Crisis

The electoral college was designed to insure smaller states had a right to representation among presidents.

If popular vote made him win, he'd have won that one too if he needed to. He totally dominated Clinton the way he needed to - he flipped states that had been Democrat for years. If the popular vote was all that mattered, he'd of been barnstorming them and won just the same.

We really just don't give a fuck if a couple of million illegal Mexicans in Cali vote for Hillary.

Luckily, our founding fathers put a check-and-balance in place to prevent the welfare state policies in one state to not have too much influence over the others.

Not really that hard to understand, Euroshit.

SHUT THE FUCK UP BITCH

Consider it a failsafe for all those "broken" voting machines.

So if I get this right, it depends on where you live how much your vote is worth? So theoretically you could plan a presidential campaign thusly that republicans move out to democrat states to make sure they turn out red. You could this over the span of 4 years to not make it blatantly obvious. Heck, the campaign could even fund housing for people going there.

>THE SYSTEM IS RIGGED
>wins anyway

Hillary lost to Harambe.. What a time to be alive!

Because it's a representative republic, not direct democracy (mob rule)
also this stops the heavily populated cities from dominating the lives of the rural people

Because this thing called the electoral college is meant to try and make it so that one party doesn't just "camp" one state and force the candidates to not pay one person or 2 to stuff 5 million ballots.

And what said

Funny, i remember gops criticizing it and libshits defending it vigorously.
Maybe it's the right time for voter IDs.

>leftists finally understand why people correct them with "republic"

Basically that stuff only matters if your favored candidate loses.

Could Hillary play the "people voted me more"-card and force a new election round? Don't get me wrong, but this seems so undemocratic to me. I don't give much about either candidate, but one is clearly more wanted by the people than the other. And because they are so close, I wonder how Trump still managed to win.

THE WESTERN WORLD WAS SAVED BY THE FOUNDING FATHERS AGAIN.

That's the price for winning NY and CA by 25 points without even campaigning. Learn math.

She made up votes in 1 state, the one filled to the brim with illegals.

It's already fucking started.

END ME

This

Votes are not done being counted

go to bed Podesta

and we are going to deport them all.

THIS.
Farmlands and industry, not apps and barbershops

Because people who voted in Cali only count for Cali. Enjoy your free 55 electorals hill shills

yeah california can flood themselves with 100 million voting illegals and they'd still only have 55 seats.

as an ausfag it didnt make sense until now

It's due to the electoral college. Why have an electoral college rather than a pure national popular vote tally? Because if it was based on popular vote a lot of states wouldn't have much o a say at all, a candidate extremely popular in 1 or 2 of the major states could win despite the rest of the country not wanting them.

Literally the 2000 election all over again
Hello yes insert my bratwurst into your mouth and then create suction

No she couldn't

>undemocratic
The popular vote is merely a reminder of how fucked we would be if we were a democracy

Do you seriously not understand the concept of Tyranny of the Majority?
And America is a Republic first friendo

>california

No she can't. The fact that america either picks a democrat or a republican is undemocratic to me. The fact that one big state can't decide for the others isn't

I thought I'd explain to you how the election works but I know you actually do know pretty well so I'll rather sage

the US would not exist if there was no electoral college

the smaller colonies would not even have ratified the constitution without it

it shouldn't be hard to understand that after fighting a long war of independence with the slogan "no taxation without representation" that they wouldn't want to be dominated by and pay taxes to Virginia

wouldn't work because left voting leeches shit out far more kids than right voting productive (or wish they could be productive) citizens

This has happened before you know

This is because the "founding fathers" were smart enough to know that you can't leave the country in the hands of idiots, even if there are more of them.

A lot of states haven't factored in their votes yet, I doubt he will lose the popular vote.

>states can't secede because Jackson threatened to invade them if they did

How I'm the world can you square that with the innate requirement that the government have the consent of the governed?

So does your vote weight more or less according to how many people live in your state?

So state A has 50 people and B 200, only half of state A has to vote Trump to win from B entirely voting Hillary? Something like that?

Same thing happened in 2000 with Gore and Bush...

Why hadn't Michigan etc not been declared yet?

Same reason why during half the election trump had more popular vote but Hillary had more electoral votes.

Yeah exactly, the electoral college is from my understanding roughly (but not exactly) proportional to population.

The amount of electors a state has is based on the amount of Congressional representatives a state has. That amount is based on the population of a state. This does not take into account the population of registered voters in a state. So you can end up with states that have huge populations, and thus a large amount of electors, but only a small voter turnout on election day.

He'll have the popular vote once the left over states have finished counting, or the difference will be negligible.

The United States IS NOT A DEMOCRACY. The reason we have the electoral college system is because the founding fathers SPECIFICALLY DID NOT WANT US TO BE A DEMOCRACY.

red states should cut the blue state faggots off and starve them out

Its a Republic, not a democracy.

This
But also, you can never use popular vote when there are millions that dont vote based on the idea that their vote doesnt mean anything, so you loterally cant tally the popular vote of the electoral college and say it means anything.

AMERICA IS NOT A FUCKING DEMOCRACY

WE
ARE
A
REPUBLIC

FUCK OFF

I'm embarrassed for my state (New Hampshire) I thought that all the hipsters moving here would turn us blue

It starts to make more sense now.

Another question: America has 50 states right. How come there are more than 500 electoral votes to divide between the states? Is 538 just an arbitrary number?

It happens when the dead & illegals vote. The bitch couldn't even steal this one.

Except Trump destroyed the Hillary in EVs

youtube.com/watch?v=7wC42HgLA4k

There you go.

We are a replublic, not a "pure" democracy

Our states practice some aspects of a democracy, but thank god not all of them

MORE STATES RIGHTS

MORE LOCAL POWER
MAGA

538 is the total number of senators and congressmen.

Jackson would have unconsentually crammed his boot up everyones ass
Hell he even threatened to straight up murder John Calhoun if he seceded
You don't fuck with Jackson

i hear canada is close by

Do something Hillfags.

hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Pussies

The United States is a REPUBLIC.

>Is 538 just an arbitrary number?
Sort of
It's by and large population based, but no state will have less that 3, so that those states have a fighting chances against monsters like California.

Popular vote is still 3% out. My boy can win that too.

We are a Republic not a Democracy.

Well yeah, but still
Republicans won EV's
Democrats won popular vote.

Luckily even those elections were rigged, they were rigged mostly in democrat states, so in the end it didn't really matter much.

Less people in your state, the more it should weigh.

And it's all relative. State A has 50, state B has 200, but it depends on all the other states.

If states C through Z have 100 people, state A has a stronger vote per person, and state B would have a weaker vote per person

And those 538 people make up your parliament? I am sorry but all of this is very confusing and those wikipedia articles don't make the slightest of sense to me.

Is there any dumbed down version explaining how your political system works? For example, could there ever be another party than democrats and republicans? Do you learn this in school or do you just pick this up along the line?

100 Electoral votes represent the 100 Senators in the country. The remaining 438 represent the lower house. That number is based on a population ration between all the states.

Thia Leaf is pretty much correct.

>MAGA
>Praise Kek!

I don't see the relevance. A government's legitimacy is derived from the consent of the governed. If those people have to be threatened with force to consent, then you don't have much of a government.

Forever cucked.... she will be forever cucked...

real question is: how many of the votes are illegitimate?

Why didn't Hillary try changing the law for all those years then?

Lefties are finally getting their dose of the electoral college

fuckers

A look at the Electoral Votes From Each State and a little math will tell you that the Electoral College system makes it possible for a candidate to actually lose the nationwide popular vote, but be elected president by the Electoral College.

In fact, it is possible for a candidate to not get a single person's vote -- not one -- in 39 states or the District of Columbia, yet be elected president by wining the popular vote in just 11 of these 12 states:

California
New York
Texas
Florida
Pennsylvania
Illinois
Ohio
Michigan
New Jersey
North Carolina
Georgia
Virginia

There are 538 total votes in the Electoral College and a presidential candidate must win a majority -- 270 -- electoral votes to be elected. Since 11 of the 12 states in the chart above account for exactly 270 votes, a candidate could win these states, lose the other 39, and still be elected.

Tldr: our elections are decided by electoral votes, not popular vote. So if all 38.8 million people in California voted democrat that wouldn't fuck the election. They still get their 55 electoral votes if 2 people vote or if 38.8 million vote. It helps give states with low voter turnout equal representation to states with higher voter turnout.

>Democrats won popular vote.
Only in select states that have a disproportionate population to other states. Trump clearly won hte popular vote across the whole country.

Nope
gg no re

youtube.com/watch?v=OUS9mM8Xbbw
this is an incredibly simple explanation of it all

Trump was right after all. The election is was rigged! For him!

A state can only be worth so many electoral votes. If a state gets 10,000 or 10,000,000 votes for Clinton, it's still worth the same exact amount of electoral votes.

After months of people posting map predictions (some actually legitimate) the question becomes, did anyone post this one?

All of my predictions have him at 310

Fewer votes, not less.

Also, EC system is the best way to prevent the will of one state from being dominated by another. It's basically a collection of elections, and that protects each one better against pure democracy (dictatorship of the majority).

The US was never imagined or created to be a true democracy or for a huge federal system of government, it was always meant to be a collection of state governments.

Everything after the Articles of Confederation was generally a mistake and has corrupted this idea.

>le every spic and negro in cali and ny spamming votes in their cities should be able to dominate the entire u.s

Na fuck off faggot

This man explained it correctly. We live in a constitutional republic. Our forefathers basically foresaw a potential fallacy in allowing popular vote to prevail, so spread it out with the electoral college

like 2004 and 2001? when did it benifit dems?