Characters' Tastes (Headcanons)

Got this idea from a post on that Headcanon thread a few days ago, about the music tastes of Nightwing, Doom and others. But making it Sup Forums only is pretty boring, so I figured I'd cover a wider area (films, shows, games, etc, etc).

Anyway, post a character and what they'd watch/read/listen/play. If you can support stuff through canon, it's even better.

So, I'm going with Stark first.

>Books
It's canon that Arthurian stuff are his favorite. Going from that, and ignoring Gillen's stupid retcons, he probably likes Tolkien's works. Maybe some sci-fi stuff as well, like Asimov since he was into robotics since a kid.

>Music
Classical is pretty much given, considering his mom was a socialite. Howard most definitely was a Sinatra guy and it probably rubbed off. Growing up, I can see him getting into stuff like Journey, Scorpions, Sex Pistols, all that jazz. Daft Punk would be his No1 purely based on aesthetics. Maybe some Leo Cohen when he gets all depressed and sad (and that's too common).

>Games
With the slidding timescale and all, I like this headcanon of him playing Metroid and Waifuing Samus. Apart from that, dunno, the 1st Deus Ex? Maybe Portal or Vanquish from recent stuff. I really doubt he has the time to play anything.

>Films/TV
Excalibur, surely. Probably old-timey sci-fi stuff, back when they were still whimsical and fun instead of filled with unintelligible jargon. So Classic Who, Twillight Zone. Star Trek: TOS maybe.

So, pick one and go to town.

dude, he DOES look like howard hughs.

I have a hard time imagining any super hero listening to the 'Stones.

I wish I could say Thor listened to Led Zepplin but they always write him like such a dork.

>Bruce was a metal head at one point

Well yeah, he was based and modeled on him, same with Strange and Vincent Price. Really, all capitalists in fiction have the pencil 'stache because of Hughes & Walt Disney.

>I have a hard time imagining any super hero listening to the 'Stones.
Why?

Hal Jordan fucking loves Wham

We can assume that Jason was and probably still is.

Batman likes his steak well done, this is canon

Based Bruce. Tony probably likes ZITI & CANELLONI being a Wop and all.

I like to imagine that most of the Lanterns are into dudebro-y shit. Especially Simon and Guy. Like Simon probably owns every Fast and Furious movie on Blu Ray, Guy probably loves ECW and proudly still watches WWE even though everyone tells him it's fake and gay.

Bruce seems like the type of dude who's favorite vegetables would be broccoli and/or brussel sprouts.

>Bruce seems like the type of dude who's favorite vegetables would be broccoli and/or brussel sprouts.
But they legitimately are great.Boilled with olive oil, salt and lemon, they're delicious. Bruce is confirmed for Patrician Tier.

>Scarred old slaver knows he's doin' all right
>Hear him whip the women just around midnight
>Brown Sugar, how come you taste so good
>Brown Sugar, just like a young girl should

>Boiled
seriously?
>with olive oil
... oh. I think u mean broiled, buddy

So all rich white guys would love them?

You boil it, then you add olive oil when you take it out of the steam cooker/pot.

Not ALL rich old white guys are into underage impoverished non-white girls!

Just a disconcerting number.

>implying you have to be into it to enjoy stories about your ancestors whipping black slaves
It's like hearing your Grandpa talk about bashing Japs' heads in during WW2. Any rich white guy worth his salt is disgusted by black gals.

>It's like hearing your Grandpa talk about bashing Japs' heads in during WW2

Lucky you! We were on the side that had their heads being bashed in with bayonets and left to die by the side of the road, in the ditches with the animals.

The Americans did that to us, too, but that's ancient history. Well, comparatively speaking. Everything is ancient history to the Great Satan.

>Any rich white guy worth his salt is disgusted by black gals

he better be - he'll be needing a lot of it to compensate for his poor sense of taste

A rich wop. He probably has rich people taste with his food - creamy, delicately spiced, very well-made stuff.

He's also probably the type that goes for the occasional trip to McDonald's - makes him feel less pretentious

>yfw Tony's meals are like an English version of the Sopranos
>tfw you'll never see it because people forget he's half Med
It hurts.

Nah dude I love broccoli and brussel sprouts. Broccoli is fine just boiled, don't even need butter. I eat it in bowls. Bruce seems like he'd be the type to like it too. Well-done steak on the other hand is shit though, didn't mean to make the two sound related.

Why do so many Sup Forums threads end up in discussion about how great broccoli is anyways? Am I the only one who's noticed this? Sup Forums loves broccoli.

I dn't add butter either, and it's fine just boiled, but a bit of olive oil goes a long way. As for well-done, depends on how well-done you mean, and also on the meat (pork, beef, horse, kangaroo, whatever). From King's issue it didn't seem that well-done to me, just not rare. And I don't mind it, really. I've even eaten "almost burnt" steaks. You can cook it so that the meat remains tender and juicy but the outside gets burnt and crunchy.

cartoons usually portray broccoli as this abominable thing, which is funny because irl it's scrumptious made well

>King's issue

No, in Kingdom Come he specifically orders well done steak and complains when it isn't well-done. Clark heat-visions it for him though so yeah, it's canon that Bruce likes it well done.

Ah, forgot about that. Mixed it up with the Joker Fries bit. But wasn't the joke there that he didn't trust the establishment and thus wanted it well-cooked for germs and whatnot?

Not my favorite food but it helps keeping your testosterone at healthy levels which is important these days

just the kind of thing a proper young man like billy batson would be into

Say...wait a minute.

>occasional trip to McDonald's
He also eats his burgers with a knife and a fork

That user was talking about Tony (rich wop, since he's half Med). but yeah, Bruce does eat his burgers with a knife and a fork.

this thread...

So does Dick.

I really liked what Disney did with Zootopia on this topic: Making spotify playlists for their characters.

I feel like Thor would enjoy any kind of upbeat party music when he's in a good mood and power metal when he's feeling a little more serious.

In the newest GOTG, Drax seems to be a huge fan of Bruce Springsteen and can play the Saxaphone

Hal probably likes Westerns and dad rock.
Jessica would probably be into all the tumblr stuff like Steve Universe because it's soft and low-key. Probably listens to Ingrid Michaelson and that sort of thing.
Alan strikes me as the type who'd enjoy blues and folk music. Probably watches mostly classics.

I want to be all unexpected with Bruce's tastes, but I really can't believe he's into anything we wouldn't expect unless it's something from his childhood.
Superman makes a real effort to enjoy a normal human life, but Bruce just lives being Batman. Everything he does is to improve his ability to do that. It seems obvious to say he just listens to classical music and reads nonfiction about criminology and forensics, but it's probably true.
I think there's value in Clark choosing to not always be saving people and instead stopping to smell the roses. If he just spent every waking moment saving as many lives as he could (like Samaritan in Astro City) I think he'd lose touch with humanity at best and go full Irredeemable at worst.

Go whine to the Chinese about it and see how they feel about your suffering Takashi

God you people have absolute shit taste in music.

What’s wrong about Daft Punk, Leonard Cohen or the Stones user? What do you listen to?

TONY STARK
MAKES YOU FEEL