So if Disney does end up buying out Fox, should Kang the Conqueror be the villain of Avengers 5? And if they do use him...

So if Disney does end up buying out Fox, should Kang the Conqueror be the villain of Avengers 5? And if they do use him, how should they streamline him to make him less confusing?

Nobody say it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ImvVpBBiOYU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I would love the climax to be the heroes tussling with him and going back through previous films as Kang tries to kill their past selves.

I'm betting Secret Invasion is Avengers 5, as Feige did just say he wanted more cosmic Avenger movies.

thumbnail kinda looks like he's about to do a bitchin' banjo solo

make him a stark

I could see them using Iron Lad or Immortus in later movies, but Rama-Tut and the Scatlet Centurion can and should be cut out.
In essence, his character is "guy from the future who conquered the future, got bored, and started conquering other timelines looking for a challenge because he greatly admires the warriors of the past", shouldn't be too hard for audiences to understand.

That could work, would make him more connected to the Avengers than having him be a Doom or a Richards.

WE

WUZ

Considering the Crossing... I wouldn't mind it. Besides, Nathaniel Stark sounds better than Nathaniel Richards, and Kang does have the Stark beard.

I'm mystified by how Fox ever had the film rights to Kang at all. He's always been more an Avengers villain than a Fantastic Four one.

KANGZ AN SHEEIT

Nah, it looks like he’s about to puff a few out with a giant bong

You could show Rama and Scarlet in a montage of his other lives, like someone's explaining Kang to the Avengers (the Watcher? Fuck, we're going all in) and you get shots of them in the background. I feel like an Apocalypse-esque brief expository dialogue would set him up well enough for casuals.

"He has taken on many names, and made them all synonymous with cruelty"
>brief shot of an Egyptian Pharaoh overseeing thousands of slaves building him a monument
"The many worlds he has conquered to expand his empire speak of him differently - Rama Tut, Scarlet Centurion..."
>Shot of a cyberpunk world with images of Scarlet Centurion everywhere
"But they know enough of his reputation to only speak his many names in whispers"
>generic shot of Kang's ships wrecking a city

You set up the threat, you show he's done it before and is serious (i.e. not Thanos sitting on a chair for two phases) and you simultaneously acknowledge his fucked-up timeline in a way that makes sense while assuring audiences they don't have to worry about all that, it's off-screen.

>using kang when you have doom, skrull and galactus

Because he debuted as Rama-Tut in an issue of FF. Odds are, back when they made the contracts, Marvel gave the movie rights to all characters debuting in FF comics, with some explicit exceptions like the Black Panther or the Inhumans that they wanted to license separately, and they didn't put Kang among the exceptions because they never thought there would be an Avengers movie.

Kang is really cool, though. EMH made him fucking badass. I showed the cartoon to my normie younger brother and Kang was far and away his favorite - ahead of Ultron, Doom, the Skrulls and Galactus.

>how should they streamline him to make him less confusing?
Don't.
Popularity of shows like Lost, back when it aired, proves that the mainstream audience can handle a bit of confusion.

>normie
Don't... don't use pet names for normal, functional members of society. You can be better than that.

They should do a Young Avengers book instead and introduce Iron Lad first, then have the big reveal in an Avengers movie down the road.

If they plan it out now they can catch the girl from Ant-Man when she's 16 or so and not have to change up their existing schedule.

... Really? Mate, this is Sup Forums, it's common parlance here.

I'm a normal, functional member of society myself, it's just internet jokes man.

It's because he's a Richards.

>Comes back in Time
>New Avengers getting fucked up
>Reed puts together a time machine along with whatever genius' survived Thanos
>Go back in time
>Bring back all the Avengers who died fighting Thanos with CGI faces in the vein of pic related.

Sargeras?

EGYPTIAN PHARAOHS AN SHEEIT

What exactly is Kang's 'timeline'? I'm a seasoned comic reader, and even I don't understand that shit.

Oh boy, here we go, let's go by his personal timeline instead of by publication order
>Nathaniel Richards was a normal teenager living in the future, who was bullied
>His future self Kang the Conqueror went back in time to encounter his teen self, and tried to kill the bullies, Teen Kang rebelled, went further back in time to form the Young Avengers, and became Iron Lad
>At some point Iron Lad forgets everything

>Nathaniel Ricahards was a bored man living in a peaceful utopia, with nothing better to do than watch Westerns and old historical footage
>Seeking adventure, he finds his ancestor's time machine (this ancestor is his namesake Nathaniel Richards, Reed Richard's father, but it could have also been Doctor Doom)
>He goes back to Ancient Egypt, and uses tech to become Pharaoh Rama-Tut
>The Fantastic Four go back in time and beat him

>Fleeing, he ends up 1000 years after his own time, in a world filled with war
>Since none of the savages of the future remembers how the tech behind their weapons works, he easily takes over the world and becomes Kang the Conqueror
>He gets bored over how easy his conquest of the future was, so using time travel, he repeatedly tries to conquer the 20/21st century, seeking challenges against the Avengers
>He has a vast empire in the future that spans several eras and planets, with the capital of Chronopolis.

>At some point in the future, Nathaniel Richards (or an alternate future Kang) goes to limbo, and settles on his final identity: Immortus Lord of time, whose job is to protect time from threats and problems caused by his younger selves among others

This is a VERY abridged version, but that's all you really need to know.

What? Thanks but what?

>youtube.com/watch?v=ImvVpBBiOYU

Maybe Kang went back in time in the FoxMen universe and killed all the mutants, creating another timeline resulting in the MCU as we know it.

That would be needlessly convoluted

Evil Susan as Kang

"Like an Egyptian Pharaoh?"

"No, Cap, like a fucking Japanese Pharaoh."

I'm suspecting they have something planned with Kang since they put him in that recent Lego Marvel game.

Kang has been in plenty of Marvel games and even the Avengers cartoon. For some reason, he's always been unaffacted by the FF embargo even though we know that Fox had his rights.
Lego Kang was pretty fun, helps that he was written by Numer One Kang fanboy Kurt Busiek.