Best comic book movie coming through

Best comic book movie coming through.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=INgDss5gUWg
youtube.com/watch?v=h8bIEk58LzI
youtube.com/watch?v=g5u4TpQDhSA
youtube.com/watch?v=UrIbxk7idYA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't make me put you in the cubes creep.

Not even the right Dredd movie.

300 was mindless action without substance and a lot of stupid shit, no better than transformers.

Much better than Transformers, at least it had kino cinematography and not stupid clumps of metal.

But that's wrong you fucking idiot

- Very well directed
- Great photography
- Stupid story
- All-gay blockbuster
- It is historical accurate as Nazis on the Moon

>- It is historical accurate as Nazis on the Moon
This is true of Braveheart too and that's still one of the greatest films ever made.

This is a comic book movie?

Braveheart gave the characters great speechs and philosophy

300 was like "HAHAHA WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER COME GET US, DO IT, DO IT YOU FUCKING FAGGOT"

>kino
Opinion discarded

Op confirmed a faggot

>This is a comic book movie?
The fucking state of Sup Forums

In all seriousness this movie has aged like milk.

I tried watching it a while ago with my dad and it was so boring he fell asleep by the time of the sex scene.

Except aged milk is used to make expensive cuisine for the wealthy.

OLLIE!

And if the wealthy buy it, it must be objectively good. Just like metaphors.

Well that's what they say about Donald Trump, right?

Except that the point is that it’s a guy that was only there half the battle telling an exaggerated story. Don’t get me wrong the parts presented as history are bullshit too, but it’s not like it’s supposed to be what actually happened.

(you) confirmed shit taste.

>implying 300 didn't have great speeches
youtube.com/watch?v=INgDss5gUWg

I don't use "gay" as an insult, but you've gotta be gay to enjoy this movie. The bare man-flesh is only thing you could consider visually appealing.
> drab CGI backgrounds
> drab costuming
> boring fight scenes (literally stab block stab)
> painfully obvious betrayal
> half the movie is the wife back it Sparta getting sexually harassed
> music is sophomore year emo

But hey, at least the dudes are hot.

youtube.com/watch?v=h8bIEk58LzI

Explain what you find boring about this.

I was mostly referring to the history of it. I generally like the speeches in 300.

Yup so my point exactly. Stab block stab repeat is this entire movie. Using slow motion to stretch out each stab and each block doesn't help. If repetition and monotony are your thing, cool. 300 has that up the wazoo. But literally the worst Jackie Chan fight scene is better than the link you gave.

300 was the film that pioneered the slowdown-speedup style of action scenes. You have to consider it was enormously innovative for its time.

youtube.com/watch?v=g5u4TpQDhSA

Side note, Jackie Chan has never had a single bad movie.

Is that Kevin Sorbo?

>It is historical accurate as Nazis on the Moon

Well yeah, it's based off a Miller comic book, what did you expect ?

This

>THE PHALANX IS THE SOURCE OF OUR STRENGTH WE ACT A SINGLE UNIT

300 isn't even on the top 10.

the 300 spartans 1962 is the better version

youtube.com/watch?v=UrIbxk7idYA

Don't even try to tell me this isn't the best trailer ever made.

the best movie based on a comic book would probably be something like the crow, regardless of ones individual aesthetic inclinations its a very tight and competent movie overall

the dark knight would be up there, for its dramatic beats and actual grandiose, it is a high-caliber cinema if you let it be
nothing is without flaws, it can be borderline laughable for the same reasons it is good

this guy gets it, i don't see many people who take notice of it

the story is an army peptalk by the campfire, told to rise morale before a battle, to dumb superstitious grunts in ancient times
the perspective is not meant to be balanced
it's romanticizing, exaggerating and overblowing the events and facts on purpose
its supposed to be glorious and heroic us vs ridiculous and outrageous them

the movie can be a guilty pleasure nothing more

>painfully obvious betrayal
you mean ephialtes?
you think they were going for a shocking twist with it? the whole story including the secret trail and betrayal is being taught in middle schools or w/e

ops i fucked up, i meant to reference not

Nothing was good enough for Skurge, come and get them was good enough for Leonidas, KIKES KIKES KIKES BLARGHLAG was fitting for whoever that was so fine.

Well, a gay friend I used to lift with really liked it.

>nothing is without flaws, it can be borderline laughable for the same reasons it is good
Well this line is just kind of weird, a great film can be "borderline laughable" to someone with a shitty understanding of film, or perhaps whatever it's based on. I dunno, I've seen a lot of things get called "laughable" that made perfect sense to me and the critics didn't do a very good job explaining themselves.

I dunno, man. Kinda iffy on The Tuxedo or The Medallion.

Problem is that Zack has done it to death since

EVERYONE has done it to death since.

If I liked Wilson, would I like this?

Ghost World is the best or maybe Road to Perdition

300, the movie that talks about freedom while idolizing a bunch of leisure class lads who made their living by enslaving other people and them doing all the work.

American Splendor is the best comic movie adaptation hands down.

uhhhh
ure wrong

>Road to Perdition
Road to Perdition is so good that I had a Film as Literature teacher in High School that did not know it was an adaptation.

Step aside nerds, best one coming through

>Movie Spartans
>Leisure class lads who made their living by enslaving other people and them doing all the work

Casper the Friendly Ghost

Casper is based on a comic?

That's not even the best Superman movie

This is the best movie ever

What's so good about it?

i don't see whats weird about it
a movie doesn't necessarily fit everyones' sensibilities
dark knight is about a guy dressing in a costume and successfully punching criminals
how is that not laughable
but hey, that's the premise so roll with it, let it tell its story
also there's the unfortunate, usual "dont think too much about it or it will fall apart"
most movies, blockbusters especially, are about casting an illusion of coherence on the audience, expecting you not to look too close
dark knight is great just as long as you are willing, but it treads a dangerous path of high pathos
when you break the spell you will laugh at it and see its absurdity and reliance on stupid plot points
its grandiose turns into pretense
you can dissect almost any individual scene in the movie and it will be quite silly, justifiably so, either from the narrative point or merely visual one
a full body shot of batman standing in a well lit room looks ridiculous

you need to have a good will towards a movie, and movie has to be careful to keep it

problem is some people can't get over thanos not wearing a hat, some people can't get over batman screeching like an autist, and they declare movie is garbage despite everything else it does right
even if a movie is great, they will say it's shit because it's not the movie they want

i think both gotg are among the best capeshit movies (or rather among the few really good)
despite their faults, their strenghts are like of none other
but some will say they can't be even considered as good because there was this poop joke omg movie ruined

bleh long post

The jokes about subliminal messaging and the songs about anal sex

I love snyder, but this

Is that Marvel or DC?

it's about a dead kid who's doomed to walk the planet, just trying to make friends but he scares them away
it's pretty dark stuff

I'm partial to the Shadow movie, myself.

Oh, so that's what Amumu is based on.

This. The whole point of the movie and its stylization is that it was being told by the one guy to the Spartans back home to glorify his commander and convince them to mobilize, and that was how he relayed it to them. It showed how a real battle became a legend and portrayed the legend and the image it has in Western consciousness as it was first being created. Literal kino, but obviously something that simple and obvious is too much for autists who bitch about accuracy when there were fantastical monsters and ten foot tall men in the movie (for a very clear reason).

Are you telling me that this general told his soldiers that persians had giant monsters and hundreds of thousands soldiers at the greek border to make the greek soldiers more motivated?

Sorry but I would rather fight against an army that's not 10 times bigger plus supermutants

that would be a valid point, but he's shown telling it to bigger spartan army rather than all greek soldiers, and they did insist in the movie that dying in glorious fight is their ultimate ambition
supermutants make for more hated enemy and more glorious fight

forgot to add:
may you live forever was the ultimate curse in case you didn't notice

May Donald Trump live forever.

You're all wrong

This poster makes it look weirdly modern.

Modem.

This.

Man, Karl Fucking Urban. Name another leading man (outside of Hugo Weaving) who would be willing to say "the right thing to do is never show my face on screen because that's an important part of who the character is."

It's probably because of how low budget it looks.

I was genuinely surprised such a goofy fucking dude was not only cast as Dredd of all people, but completely nailed it. I hope they're able to get him again for the series.

Karl Urban is such an incredibly versatile actor that he almost always amazes me in anything he's in. He's so underrated it isn't even funny, but I think that guy is going to win a best actor Oscar some day.

As an example, he plays McCoy in the Star Trek reboots. Most of the actors do an OK job looking like or sounding like the originals. Zachary Quinto is fairly believable as Spock, Uhura is good, Scotty is OK, Chekov was great (poor guy)... Chris Pine is good, but not very Shatner-like.

Karl Urban as Doctor Leonard "Bones" McCoy gave me fucking chills. I grew up watching the original Star Trek in reruns every day after school. Urban's speech patterns, timing, even the pitch of his voice... if someone had a clip of Urban and DeForest Kelly delivering the same line as Bones, I'm not entirely sure I'd be able to tell them apart.

>It is historical accurate as Nazis on the Moon
It's inaccurate but it's not that inaccurate.

Nazis did a lot of secret research nobody knows about like the ancient superbeings in the pillar so it is possible they could have been on the moon before us.