Busiek Avengers vs Morrison JLA

Who did it better?

Busiek

Didn't Morrison deliver on Rock of Ages? Or am I misremembering? Either way that JLA book was very strong after he left. Kelly and Waid's run were really fucking good.
Can't say the same about Avengers which had Austen, Bendis and Johns.

Johns was good on Avengers. Austen destroyed everything after that

In the writing side they pretty even, but
>George Perez vs Howard Porter
That's where JLA losing

Busiek

Buiseik Avengers is like 1/3 retcons and history lessons. Morrison by miles and miles.

Before answering, I'd like to know if this is a company war thread.

Morrison without a doubt. His run is basically still remember as the pinnacle of the Justice League and Waid and Kelly were able to build on what he did.

Busiek's Avengers was largely replaced by Bendis/Quesada New Avengers and his run is essentially a footnote denoting the end of classic Avengers and the beginning of Avengers as a Marvel corporate franchise.

Not to mention the triune plot which was boring as fuck and went on forever and ever

shame about that. would have loved to see what johns had planned for his zodiac story.

A better question: what do both runs have in common?

Yeah who was that fucktard billionaire that hawkeye trained that just magically happened to be good at everything? I remember him having the shittiest name possible.

Amazing how much can change in 20 years

If this was published today Sup Forums would hate it. Can't discuss race in comics.

>implying it's Busiek's fault that there were hacks like Austen and Bendis after him
Other than Plastic Man in the team what exactly Waid and Kelly used from Morrison run?

You know the worst part? It actually hasn't. Nothing's changed about people and how they think, just who we listen to and how we make money.

People like Busiek have always been the exception. They're the small sect of people who bother to really think about things, regardless of where they end up. We've lived through the rise of a platform that simultaneously gives the weak a voice but encourages mob mentality and absolute statements, rigidity of perspective and allegiance over results. Everyone has caught on to this, so the masses cling to tribes for fear of persecution and a desire to remove opposition while those in power stoke the fires to stamp out disruptive thought and profit from easily controlled cattle.

The people spewing thoughtless rhetoric and screeching about how it's us versus them have always been the majority, but now that the entire world is encouraged to conform to a sect it's dangerous in every sense to give voice to discussion rather than a slogan. We're right back in the 50's without a method to pry them from the podium.

Busiek is great at deconstructing superheroes and their history (Astro City, Secret Identity, Untold Tales) or but when it comes to monthly runs,they're just kinda of... there (Avengers, Superman, Iron Man). His knowledge of continuity kind of just shoots him in the foot when it comes to just telling a story. Thunderbolts was pretty great, tho

>the end of classic Avengers and the beginning of Avengers as a Marvel corporate franchise
>no SJW shit, Duane
This is not fair, Sup Forums. Not fair.

Whereas Morrison gave us Green Arrow shooting Darkseid in the eye with The Atom and killing him, so his run automatically fucking wins.

>Green Arrow shooting Darkseid in the eye with The Atom and killing him
Downloading.

There's a lot of great moments in that run. (Connor Hawke gets a surprising number of them.) I wish Aquaman and Zauriel had gotten a spin-off team book.

Themes, character dynamics, concepts, everything.

>redditfags

Yeah the JLA title put together had a lot of iconic moments. Avengers? Ultron Unlimited with Thor was pretty good but other than that not much else.

There was a lot of great moments such as Cap punching out Kang or Kang killing his own son. But it's buried in a lot of shit.

How does DC continue to be so based. Good Cartoons, animated movies, comics, videogames, epic moments etc

false

Busiek, Morrisons a hack

Hi, imbecile.

what if i like both

You don't, imbecile.

It's amazing. The Avengers have been hit with this shit since the 80s.

1979, to be specific.

Slight preference for Busiek in that he at least got to play with the classic team, while Morrison was saddled with Kyle Lantern.

Also, Perez.

Johns was terrible, Austen at least gave us some good Hawkbro moments

>Hawkbro
>cucked Hank
Horny teenager Clint was terrible, come on

Based Stark.

>leaving out the pages where Falcon is pissed about it

that's the best part

Dude, get the digitals.

God, I fucking hate Quicksilver.

Damn, that's fucking tough. I know that I haven't liked the Avengers or JLA as much after they stopped writing them.

I love Busiek and even bought the hardcovers of his run. But I feel like JLA holds up better and is probably more timeless.

They're both top notch examples of how to run the properties.

Fuck you. I don't have time to find digitals because you don't like scans

JLA also had austen

He was a character from the Englehart era of Avengers so he'd have even more time to practice

Imus Champion