Everything that sucks from JL came from the cringey Joss liners, and WB mandates...

Everything that sucks from JL came from the cringey Joss liners, and WB mandates. If Zack Snyder had creative freedom to make his 3 hour cut with black suit, darker tone, Junkie XL score, the movie would probably be a 9 out of 10 instead of a 6.

are synder-fags a meme? because I cant understand the love for this guy, he hasnt made a decent movie since 300 and that was barely passable. the man has never had a good track record beyond a couple of OK movies

300 was fucking awesome...

Yeah basically they are. Still hilarious to see real ones finally give up and go on suicide watch now as a collective. One might even say a squad.

Sad thing is that you actually believe this.

Truth is that Snyder's cut was deemed unwatchable.

>Junkie XL score

Why do people cite this? JXL is fucking trash, and his WW theme is terrible. I can't buy that he would somehow improve this dumpster fire.

M-m-muh theme from the 80s is unbeatable

If Zack's versions are always so great, why the hell don't they release them in the damn theaters.

No no... you think BvS sucked? Watch the director's cut.

You think JL sucked? We'll have Zack make his director's cut and release it on Blu-Ray!

Seriously... this has been the argument for the majority of the DCEU movies, I'm seriously wondering if WB is doing it on purpose to drive up the DVD and Blu-Ray sales. Maybe Justice League did so badly because people are taking the Microsoft Windows approach: Don't buy it as soon as it is released, wait for Service Pack 1 where they fix most of the bugs.

For all that people hate on the Marvel movies, the version you get on the Blu-Ray is the same one you see in the fucking theater and they stand by it. They don't try and take another shot at it, and if you only see it in the theater, that's perfectly fine.

I know some of you will consider this an assault on your taste, but a good director could have easily delivered a 2 hour Justice League movie that would have made a billion dollars easy. If he can't make a coherent movie in under 3 hours for less that $300 million, and then has to say "oh, let me release my real version on blu-ray" and it isn't much better... sorry, but I just don't see why everyone says he's this fucking misunderstood genius.

If it was that much of a clusterfuck and they knew it, delay it until after the Last Jedi... take that time to really fix the problems, then release it when you've got a clear window. It's like going to buy a new car and being told "We know it doesn't have a muffler or shocks, but if you come back in 6 months from now, we'll put those on for the low price of $1999.95."

No way a good JL movie should have only gotten only 1 fucking week at #1.

kek

it looked cool and had a cool HOO-RAH attitude

that shit goes flat after rewatching it a couple times. the plot is paper thin and has little to no relevance to anything other than its self, Its only about the spartans, not even greater greece

if it's Junkie XL trying to beat it, yeah

Zimmer's Batman theme is better than Elfman's, though

What Snyder did never really appealed much to people. I think BvS is very nearly a masterpiece but it wasn't what they wanted to see. His postmodernis approach to the genre doesn't really have an audience at the moment. They all want it to be played straight.

It would have also probably done even worse financially. Not that it's doing good now or anything

It wasn't a good approach though. Like, if the intent was good and well-executed, that would be one thing but it wasn't. It's just not a good movie

This

Wonder Woman fags at least got critics, audience at their side and Patty was always a respected director, hell even most MCUfags consider WW an OK movie at least( however they accuse it of being a marvel movie)

Snydercucks in the other hand got nothing, Snyder was considered a joke like Michael Bay even before his DCEU movies and his record didn't changed anything since then

They took out all the Batman parts, end fight scene, and changed the script in the uncut version of BvS???? Crazy!

"PEOPLE JUST DON'T GET IT MAN"

>>BvS a masterpiece. Please

Normie = it's a bucket of water

SnyderFag = the vibration of the liquid is the pent up emotion of the heroine ready to unleash violence. As you can see, water has spillt out before from her abusive past.

Nah, it would have been unwatchable. Whedon made it better, boyo

Probably less. Nobody wants to watch a boring and thematically devoid film
> His postmodernis approach to the genre doesn't really have an audience at the moment.
For a minute there I thought you was serious

Whedon is a far better director than Snyder.

Stop blaming good studios,directors and critics to defend an infamous Hack like Snyder who was never good.

>Validation from critics and box office statistics determines what i like instead of forming my own personal opinions based on what i like.

Bumo

>the guy has literally never made a good movie
>all his cape movies were total shit
>the movie would probably be a 9 out of 10 instead of a 6.
>Snyderfags actually believe this
You guys sure are special ones.

But... but...

Just wait, motherfucker! Right now, Zack is toiling hard at making his super special 4 hour long directors cut, that includes every thing the fucking bastard execs cut out of the movie... including the heart rending twenty minute scene where Batman finally defeats his constipation. It's a metaphor for the deep struggle every man must deal with to come to grips and get his shit together, although you'll probably be too much of a pleb to understand it. I bet you've never watched obscure French Art films from the 60s... of course it's to much to expect for the likes of you to get Zack's vision. I've wanked off to more great Kino than any of you have even imagined with your love of bright colors and fun movies.

All the quips and jokes will be carefully scrubbed from the film, and they're going to apply a heavy dark filter darker than anything you've ever seen before to fully present this genius filmmaker's true vision, which would have easily been the most commercially successful film of all time if they hadn't stepped in to dumb it down.

I've attached a picture that should give you an idea what to expect from Zack... no... Lord Snyder's ultimate masterpiece. Not that I think any of you are sophisticated enough to truly appreciate it.

oops... haha... wrong picture. Here's the right one.

There's just so much meaning and depth in this one image. How can Marvel even compete?

JL has been the only movie in the DCEU that's been worth the price of a theater ticket

hey now,

dawn of the dead and 300 were passable
watchmen wasnt a dumpster fire, just warm garbage

but everything since has been a dumpster fire
I will concede, but I am no snyderfag

Ah Snyder, truly a genius

The Junkie XL song sucks ass.

I know, right. This is the scene where Martha Kent kills herself from missing Clark, who was too good for this world....

No, wait, sorry... that's where they reveal that Wonder Woman is actually in a mental hospital and has been imagining the entire DCEU the whole time right before she's lobotomized.

Damn, no... that's where Flash is shown to be a cutter because people don't like him because he's a gay Jew.

No, shit... that's where Superman rises from the dead and kills everyone in Metropolis because while he was dead Darkseid became his sugar daddy. I love how the only things that survive are Lois Lane and a bathtub, and the two of them get in it fully clothed to illustrate that sex and violence are linked concepts that make anything more meaningful on an artistic level.

Sorry, brilliance this deep somewhat hard to sum up in one image, but I promise the whole 4 hour extravaganza will look just like this.

Your personal opinion alone is worth shit, you don't know shit about cinema or movies, you're not a directo or critic ,you are an anonymous person in Sup Forums defending an infamous hack

nice

/r/DC_Cinematic they're real.

The Last Jedi has absolutely nothing to do with JL's box office
It made less than ten million dollars this weekend. You can't blame The Last Jedi for the absolute hatchet job WB suits and their dancing monkey Whedon did on what had the potential to be a pretty majestic film

>darker tone
It would be darker compared to Whedon mode, but still lighter than MoS and BvS. Other than that, 100% agreed.

if anyone is to blame for Justice League underperforming, it's Zack Snyder making two terrible movies to establish the universe

Because WB is greedy. It's literally that simple. Less time, lower film rating (PG-13 instead of R) means maximizing audience. But it backfires because then people decide not to see it anyway. Whoever is mandating these things needs to be killed. The reason BvS and JL were so long was because, again, WB idiotically mandated that they skip important movies that would have established the characters. MoS 2 would have given Superman some much needed breathing room and gave time to set up for Batman, and having one or two more origin films would have let JL focus more on the JL plot itself. Literally all problems could be fixed if Snyder was given more control.

It's tragic that perma-adolescent mindlets like you defiled the grand, mythological vision of the franchise for Big Bang Theory -tier quips and child friendly storytelling

>Being this butthurt by people who take the time to actually THINK about movies through a visual storytelling medium rather than being handheld through a bandwagon trends

Hear, Hear!

>BvS being the next movie was hack snyder idea
>WB made a lot of sucessful movies this year just like they always did for several decades while Hack snyder never made one decent movie
>samefag

nice try, try again later

It was Snyder's choice to have Batman fight Superman in MoS 2. Not WB.

Fake news. Original plan was a Batman cameo for MoS2. Kryptonite being delivered to Wayne Manor.

Reread my post, please, because I never said the Last Jedi has anything to do with the current performance of the movie... regardless of what you think is the cause of the problems, whether it is Whedon, WB executives, or Snyder, there are problems with the film.

What I DID SAY was that they should have delayed it and taken the time to fix the problems with the film before rushing ANOTHER unfinished product out the door. A late January or even March release could have given them some much needed time to fix the glaring problems. The only reason I brought up the Last Jedi is because to get that time, they'd have to wait until after the Last Jedi dies down, because it is going to absolutely suck all the box office cash up for the month of December and a good chunk of January.

Of the DC Movies so far: 2/4 (or 3/5)
Man of Steel - theatrical only
Batman v Superman - Ultimate Edition
Suicide Squad - Extended Cut
Wonder Woman - theatrical only
Justice League - petition of an extended cut that Snyder supports

Marvel Movies: 0 extended cuts

So... obviously, they felt that the theatrical version of at least half of the DCEU movies needed additional work after release. Whoever is to blame for it, it is frustrating to have beta version dumped on the public and then being told "It's OK... we'll release the REAL version on blu-ray in a few months." I was sorely tempted to wait for it on blu-ray, and I suspect that's one of the things that has hurt JL's box office.

no no... I think you guys are hilarious, really. It's absolutely adorable. It really reminds me of the bronies... "You just don't understand the deep inner meaning of what the ponies are saying with the friendship and the magic and whatnot."

What’s sad is that you have personally taken this shit seriously
Snyder yells “I MAKE ART! IF YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU ARENT SMART ENOUGH”
And you didn’t want to feel left out, you said “I’m smart! I get it! It’s so smart”
But it isn’t, and you know it, you just can’t admit it. Cause you got personally invested in bullshit, and you can’t admit you were full of shit the whole time

>January releases
>ever making money
So you know nothing of movie releases I take it?

>Snyder yells “I MAKE ART! IF YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU ARENT SMART ENOUGH”
>literally making Snyder fanfics
Are you sure you don't just have a crush on him?

More than WB execs.

If the last 10 to 15 years have taught us nothing else, it is that Joss Whedon and JJ Abrams are masively, massively, MASSIVELY over-fucking-rated hacks.

Wait...what's postmodern about Snyder's DC movies? Please don't use "deconstruction." That word gets misused enough.

Oh yeah, they may be more competent storytellers (maybe not visually) than Snyder, but they're not that great either.

Honestly, I don't think there are any amazing directors. Aronofsky and Nolan are decent, but even them...

Matt Reeves is who you're looking for!

He already gave us three competent movies this decade, he will surely save us with his Batman movie, right?

Just fucking end it already, I hope a Flashpoint Paradox happens so we all move on from this bullshit. And if WB doesn't put him in charge of setting up the DCCU...then they're fucked for atleast another decade

Matt is good but he will have to make a movie using Snyder retarded version of batman that is a fucking mass shooter.

Hack Snyder burned the forest and threw salt in the ground.

Not everything is lost user, what if Matt uses, say, a younger Batman? You know, before the mass murdering virgin sociopath that was Batfleck, I do recall him saying something like ''I'm now older than my father ever was''. There is still hope user, maybe he'll do some sort of origin story where Batman is...Batman

Whoever decided to put Snyder as their capeshit leader deserves to burn in Apokolips

Contrarianism is still depending on someone else.

Wow, you thought it was a 6?

>I hope a Flashpoint Paradox happens
Fucking stop this meme. Nobody wants to watch a movie for the sole purpose of rebooting a franchise. If you're gonna reboot then just reboot.

Snyder doesn't evne yell that. He's not eloquent enough to do that. He's a stammering sperg that spends his wife's money and thinks he's a Chad.
His fans are the ones that are claiming he's a genius.

You're right in that no one wants it.
But seeing as how no one wanted the DCEU to begin with, they need to do something big to show this is a departure and they're starting fresh.
In a world where Justice League gets is ass kicked by Thor 3, just recasting might not be enough.

>Just fucking end it already, I hope a Flashpoint Paradox happens so we all move on from this bullshit. And if WB doesn't put him in charge of setting up the DCCU...then they're fucked for atleast another decade
>PAY TO WATCH US FIX OUR FUCK UPS
no

You can just tell people that you're rebooting. We didn't need a big event movie to tell people that we were ditching Garfield's Spider-Man or Clooney's Batman.

Are you saying that you can't make a good movie just to fix the problems of the past?

I know it's not that good, but still, something must be done right, don't you think?

Except the primary purpose of DoFP was to tell one of the most acclaimed X-Men stories of all time, wiping the canon was just icing. People are suggesting they do Flashpoint for the sole purpose of rebooting.

Because DoFP wasn't the sequel to a series of movies that took place in the future that were shat on by critics and audiences, and so they decided to go back in time to change what people didn't like about their movies

then what else can be done? How do we succesfully reboot an entire trilogy from scratch without a Flashpoint event? How do we build it up all the way to Final Crisis?

REBOOT IT YOU BLITHERING MORON

Neither of those were this reviled.

>How do we succesfully reboot an entire trilogy from scratch without a Flashpoint event?
Just fucking start over, I don't understand how you people are this stupid.

>How do we build it up all the way to Final Crisis?
Just stop you're embarrassing yourself.

>But seeing as how no one wanted the DCEU to begin with, they need to do something big to show this is a departure and they're starting fresh.

EVERYBODY wanted the DCEU. They just didn't want the Zack Snyder version of it. That's what all the Snyderfags don't seem to understand... if there is anyone out there who doesn't want a GOOD Superman movie, or Batman movie, or (another) Wonder Woman movie, they're a very small group who won't move the needle on a movie's success either way.

Brightly colored and fun solo movies will work as a soft reboot. Aquaman is pretty much already in the can (sorry, Charlie), but Wonder Woman 2 will be just fine. Recast Flash. Cyborg's fine... it's not like they really used him in JL enough to fuck him up too badly. Recast Batman since Affleck is too old and wants out anyway. Sorry to say Cavill is probably too associated with the Snyder films, which is a damn shame because he's a good actor and you can tell he wants to play the REAL Superman. Suicide Squad... ugg. The problem there is that it would have been a brilliant thing if they'd introduced all of them as villains in Superhero solo movies and then pulled them together. As it is, it seems like it came out of nowhere to people who don't read comics. It's like trying to move into the penthouse before you've even laid the foundation for the building.

When you get to the point that people are showing increasing (instead of decreasing) interest, then bring the band back together for a Justice League movie.

Agreeds. It isn't like Fox ever gave a shit about continuity anyway. The only real constant of the X-Men movie universe is Wolverine, and everything revolved around him. Professor X got incinerated in X-Men 3, but is alive in DOFP in his original body without the slightest explanation. Every X-Men movie is pretty much stand alone.

Ah Yes. That is why Sucker Punch was a critical and commercial success.

Sucker Punch was a great movie.

>that edit
11/10

Im going to be completely honest, Opening, very Snyder arc was the most boring slog on the planet. Every act after was thoroughly enjoyable in its stupidity and shitiness. I will take the latter any day.

I have no idea what you're trying to say

So what, you sayin' they some kinna suicide sqwad?

No point in arguing for Snyder on a board that specializes in sucking Disney dick. Doesn't help that most people here can't even process a scene without some Whedon-like exposition that leaves absolutely nothing for interpretation.

>a board that specializes in sucking Disney dick

Our movies aren't made for the unwashed masses!

Why the fuck won't the unwashed masses go see our movies?

Literally every Snyderfag ever.

>le little minds meme

People did see those films though. You seem awfully upset.

Is the Venomverse the perfect place for snyderfags to migrate since the DCEU is no more?

>visual storytelling
>Every other scene of BvS was monologues about character motivation

>lighter than MoS and BvS
It showed Cyborg's accident and had Steppenwolf ripping him in half at the end. He's just a 90s edgelord like Johns, who think that throwing around the word "hope" makes them not edgy at all.

>Because WB is greedy
Well, of course. But they weren't particularly greedy on this. When you're doing a 200+ million dollar supperhero movie, you know it's not gonna be a fucking R rated film. And the 2 hour thing came after they realized how shit was Snyder's cut so they did it to make sure they had more showings and soften the blow. It worked so far, because instead of having the massive drops in audiences Snyder's movies had, it's holding off more nicely after the disappointing opening, and will end up having better legs and WOM than any of Snyder's films. The Snyder edgefest would've probably dropped like a rock in the second weekend.

>more control.
DCEU's biggest hits were the two movies Snyder didn't have anything to do with.

You seem to think that being vague and contradictory means being deep and ambiguous.
It's ok, we all were 15.

>Deborah and Zack Snyder, at home in Pasadena, Calif., are immersed in films but live a stay-at-home, non-Hollywood life.

based

Can't wait to get all the Jon Peters-like stories from Zack 10 years from now.

Nice to see they kept their daughter around

Jesus Christ user

I wanted the DCEU up until the first promotional image of Man of Steel. So when I say that the DCEU was a bad idea, I mean what we got, not what we could've had.
And what we have requires so much effort to fix in small increments it'd be easier to just scrap everything and start over. The only unmitigated win WB got was Wonder Woman and even then that was mostly dumb luck and playing to Gadot's strengths or lack thereof. Just replace her and we can start over entirely.

Someone had to make the joke, might as well be me

>People did see those films though. You seem awfully upset.

I am upset, bro, but probably not for the reasons you think.

Not nearly enough people saw it or even wanted to see it. Justice League should have hit a billion by now easy, instead of just barely covering the cost to make it. Making movies is a business: if you're not getting a good ROI, you move on to something that will give you a good return. With Star Wars being released this coming weekend, the ride is over.

DC has some of the most iconic and recognizable characters in the world. It should be a matter of "Shut up and take my money" instead of them getting beaten by Thor 3 (don't get me wrong, I like Thor as well, but Thor is hardly the cultural icon that Superman or Batman is).

DC has a lot of great characters and stories I'd love to see translated to the big screen: Teen Titans, Doom Patrol, Crisis on Infinite Earths, Books of Magic, Sandman. This kind of poor performance makes these increasingly unlikely... WB could very well decide the safe course is solo WW and Batman movies, and that will be that. Hell... in 3 weeks, JL couldn't even match what Avengers did on its opening weekend domestically.

Some people would rather blame the movie going public rather than say "hmmm... maybe Zack Snyder's 'vision' for this just isn't resonating." Don't look behind the curtain... shout about "quips," "rotten tomatoes" bias, a Disney conspiracy, and executive meddling. Just don't dare to question the great and powerful Snyder. It'll all be OK once they release the Ultimate edition on Blu-Ray.