Masculinity in Steven Universe

So I was thinking - Is Steven Universe actually a pretty good show for young boys to watch?

Now hear me out, obviously on surface we have things like soft pastel colors, mostly female cast and that episode where Steven wears a dress, but after watching it I noticed some interesting themes and lessons that the show has:

1. Steven always takes responsibility and always fixes his mistakes. You don't even notice it when you watch it but that's how many of the episodes go - he screws up, he takes responsibility and then he fixes it. I feel like that is a very important masculine trait that kids should be taught early on.

I'll continue from here, just a series of thoughts I had after watching the show, feel free to join, shitpost or ignore as you please.

2. Fatherhood and importance of father in the life of the child is a recurring theme and I honestly can't think of any other cartoon that presents the father son relationship as positive as this show.

It was better when Rebecca Sugar was a greater force in writing it. But she has no spine and let the lunatics write over her.

3. Steven has a girlfriend.

Now this one might seem silly, but I really can't think of any main characters from cartoons that I watched as a kid that actually had a girlfriend. They would always have crushes that they would obsess and try to get with but would always fail or give up. Now I can't help but feel like that is not very healthy for young boys as it kinda encourages them to do the same, never establishing actual relationships. Steven getting a girlfriend like a normal human being I feel like is a much better example for young children

i think steven universe is a good show for young boys to watch bc it teaches that you dont have to always fit into traditional gender roles to be strong and masculine, and not to hide your emotions. the reason that the male suicide rate is so high because men are taught to always be strong and not to show weakness, which is ultimately really destructive.

also greg is a really good role model

Did you just pick up the show? Glad you could find some positives.

I'm constantly building a repertoire of things that I want to show my future kids and SU is definitely in it

Would a Greg miniseries have been a good setting for a harem deconstruction? I mean Amethyst did have the hots for Greg and Pearl could act as the tsundere rival while Sourcream's mom was the MILF with an old flame.

I have a young boy. He doesn't seem interested in the show. So it's a moot point for me.

Personally I think it's got a lot of weird world views put in because of the clear female and lesbian perspective of the creators. Nothing inherently wrong with that, but they're bound to get stuff wrong in the same way that men why try to write women sometimes get stuff wrong. Men and boys especially tend to be a lot more aggressive than steven, a lot more confrontational and inquisitive, and to a girl that just seems like something that needs to be taken away. But you do that to boys specifically, the whole hyper pacifist thing, it just undermines what makes men men and you end up with guys who are really weak willed and try to please everyone and are pushed around by even their girlfriends. I don't think that's a good world view to instill into young boys who should be encouraged to be risk taking and confident so life doesn't steamroll them.

I think steven acts more like a girl than a boy and I'm sure if they'd just made him one, the show would probably find more of an audience like star vs did, my daughter loves that show.

Lately, Steven has been a little bitch, but from show start up until that episode athe Trial (I think it was called) there was some fantastic subtext of how important Gregg's role as his father was in Steven's life.

The gems make that fake test chamber to bolster Steven's confidence and when he finds out about it, what does he do? He sees their own frustrations and feelings of inadequacy as caregivers and turns from feelings of resentment and betrayal to be exactly the kind of heart of the team he needs to be.

He didn't learn that shit from any of three immortal space moms. He learned it from dear old mortal, human dad.

was it? I haven't noticed any major shift in the writing.

4. Going against the grain.

Now this concept these days got majorly deluded and watered down by people who don't understand it, but at it's truest core, doing what you want against the opinions of the crowd or the established status quo and succeeding IS the very soul of masculinity.

The main cast of the show are revolutionary misfits who strike to find and or prove their worth and ultimately succeed in living their lives the way they want

>at it's truest core, doing what you want against the opinions of the crowd or the established status quo and succeeding IS the very soul of masculinity.
Isn't that just, like, your opinion, man?
What makes any of this shit - apart from literal fatherhood - "masculinity" as opposed to "just being an all-around decent human being"?

The episodes that really sold me on Steven as a character were Lars and the Cool Kids and The Test.
Specifically The Test. The way Steven can just shoulder his own problems for the sake of his family is incredibly admirable. He realizes that they all lost someone they love, and he's doing everything he can to make them happy and get through it. They're raising him but at the same time he's helping them cope. Very interesting dynamic.

But honestly I kind of lost my interest in Steven. S1 was when he was at his best, to me.

To this day I still think The Test is one of the best and most underrated SU episodes really. It hit me and felt genuine.

Interesting point. To be fair Steven does take risks, makes strong decisions and generally quite proactive. I personally never got an impression that he was written as a girl. I mean, he shows emotion and has a lot empathy, but I don't think those traits undermine his masculine side.

Some more random thoughts

The line "You weren't built for fighting, But that doesn't mean you're not prepared to try" from that song in the sword training episode really stuck with me, and I feel like a pretty good indicator of what the show ultimately represents
It doesn't tell you that everyone is born equal, it doesn't tell you that you are granted a victory just for trying, and yet it tells you to not stop trying even if things are unfair or set against you from the beginning.

It also outlines perfectly the problem with the modern understanding of the Strong Female idea. The most common and completely wrong way people do it is the most basic "Girls are as good as boys in everything and you shouldn't think otherwise" approach.

In reality, whenever we see a truly strong or successful female it's impressive, and it's impressive exactly because she is a female, because the biology and the odds were stacked against her and yet she went an extra mile and put the extra effort to get there. That's the real strong female character, strong in character - Strong in the real way, if you will

Man I'm glad to see someone that agrees, The Test is honestly in my top 5 best SU episodes

I'm And I totally agree. The culmination of the Test (which is what I meant) was Steven confronting his resentment of perceived patronization/coddling by the Gems when he realized that - like him -they were flawed, unsure individuals just trying to do their best. Something that inspired him to do the same and easily swallow his wounded pride to help his loved ones. And the emotional maturity, the compassion and empathy, accomplish that are facets of his character reinforced primarily through his father's influence.

That's where I feel the show has really fallen apart. Steven, despite being older, has slid backwards in terms of his character development regarding being a reliable emotional support for other characters. Now HE is one of the central crybabies.

The Steven of the Peridot redemption arc seemed like a nice, natural growth from the Steven of The Test. That is the Steven we need to see more of IMO.

Jeez, sorry for blog posting guys, kinda just blew my brain load all over that post

I feel somewhat the same and I wonder how much of it is the fault of the incoherent airing schedule that takes half a year pauses. Part of me kind wants to forget about this series for a couple of years and then just watch it all together when it's finished.

I mean, everything that's not an obvious physical fact is just someone's opinion, and then some. We still gotta share out thoughts though. I use the word masculinity as the human traits that are opposed to "feminine" traits. They aren't exclusive to men, as all humans have both feminine and masculine traits in their personality. It's a pretty old concept, I figured everyone knows what I mean.

The only real problem I find with Steven is that he has the gumption to not care what people think about him, but he doesn't have the wit to ask questions that would make the first, say, fifty episodes pretty meaningless plot wise.

Right. Pearl is a compelling character precisely because she has been fighting herself more than anything.
She wipes the floor with thuggish Quartzes who rely on raw strength and that is something she has instilled in Steven and Connie. To work with what you have and win on that, regardless of what the rest does. Which she couldn't quite get into Amethyst. That took Steven because she viewed him as an equal, not a superior talking down to her.
Smokey may be the fugliest little chubbster, but dang if those yo-yos aren't a unique fighting style!

On the note of the latest arc, I think that is about Steven learning to rely on others. He knows he can lead and therefore must lead this team one day. But he so far really went for stoic self-reliance only and never leaned on others. In fact he discounted everyone and sacrificed himself. Which is noble, but not wise. And he really had Connie upset for just effectively dying on her without a chance for her to fight by his side. He was effectively all "No man left behind!" right until he decided everyone had to leave him behind.
So now that he hopefully knows not to give up on everyone lightly, I hope he learns to trust them with his own problems more. He has spent S04 basically accumulating secrets and hangups that bit him in the ass during training. It would be time shares that with Connie and thinks of himself as just as valuable as those around him, taking some time to work out his issues as he does for everyone else.

Steven Universe has many good messages but the way it approaches them is very childish and dumb. A man can't be protected by his girlfriend that's pathetic and unrealistic, they can help each other but he being protected by her is just... stupid, it's not good exampe to any man. And it's not about being macho or masculine, the real life is just like that.

Finn had a canon girlfriend and Regular show used this idea too. But I don't know how have a girlfriend when he is so young make this a good example for the children, childrens don't need romances. And their relationship can't be used like an example about how manage a relationship because they don't have any real problem.

I want to agree with you but the show is taking too much time with Steven and Connie, they haven't even said gf/bf yet. They're just "friends" despite it being incredibly obvious what they're going for. I wouldn't give them credit for this when it isn't explicit yet.

This thread is going too well.

>watching semen cummyverse

Show is legit trying to indoctrinate kids to be gay or support them
When even my nephew that has 10 years call Steven a faggot something is wrong
>why he walk like a woman?
>why he act like a woman uncle?
>why he dress like a woman?
My answer is no

I kinda like this part of the story because father/son relationship are never really well managed in cartoons (Matt Groening sometimes is good doing this althought). I think that Steven and Greg is one of the best relationship in this show and can be really touching, very different of the weak and cheap drama that the show use often.

My only problem with it is that Greg is very spineless to be a father.

>Lesbian relationships

This isn't a good example for any child.

I'm pretty sure it was more about them working and fighting together, sharing the burdens between the two, user.

Steven also has super powers, I don't think show ever implied that Connie is stronger than him.

Also, Steven is the protector in the relationship, I mean he literally wields the shield

Well, he tells her to not go protecting him.
And he is the one with the shield, if you recall.
It's about them working together, really.
In their fusion they are crazy good.
The fighting part is a metaphor for all kinds of struggles.
You better believe dudes get saved by their wives all the time.
And if it's just social finesse.
Or awareness of peak oil.

It has good parenting lessons, I give it that, but not necessarily masculine ones.

I think that it would be different of many romantic stories because the rule is that the protagonist choose the "imperfect thing" (Amethyst) but Greg at the end of all the things Greg prefers the "perfect thing" (Pearl).

I'm really liking this thread, hope it continues to discuss the overall story and character development of the show.
I feel that among all the characters, Garnet has shown some decent change as well. She's more "open" about herself instead of being the mysterious leader type. And she expresses herself after Jailbreak since her fusion background has been uncovered and she's more comfortable about it, so she has more fun.
Lots of those scenes are in later scenes, where Rebecca Sugar's weakened her control over the writing and development, and the other writers seem less able to contain their tumblr power levels.
>heterosexual parents in the show are the most stable
It's a good example as any.
Steven doesn't call the gems "mom", but he calls Greg "dad".

Of course, the failing there is she's gotten far enough along that she should have been using her hidden tumblr power level to introduce the villains or a credible threat, and that pooch was thoroughly fucked for the first seasons.

Yes thats the thing
I was the one that show him su because at first it was a great show for me.
It was also his favorite but he doesn't care anymore. He was so dissapointed in the way how the cluster arc ended.
His favorite character was Garnet until that flashback episode. Now i think is pearl but still he was so burned out that he changes the channel everytime the show start.

I think they overplay Garnet's probabilistic thinking when she is not the focus.
There's always just a joke about how her thinking collapses in social exchanges as soon as they deviate from her plan.
Just let the shorties have a sincere talk once in a while!

I'm trying to look into an overall themes and ideas of the story that relate to the human experience as the whole rather than how they relate to a current political agendas that will come and go

Also, I do want to remind you how a lesbian in the show got cucked because her crush chose to be with a man and bear his child.

Steven is the support side in the relationship but Connie is clearly who use the pants that's because she always correct the way in that Steven thinks (even when he always think correctly when she isn't around), and that isn't exactly correct and it's more inclined to be according to the mentality of the teen girls of these times more that supposed to represent a realistic relationship.

Now I don't wanna talk about fighting strategies but Steven doesn't really need Connie, the only thing that he needs to do is learn to use any weapon, a gun or a sword or a metal knuckles (he is very strong) to be a very competent soldier and any one hand weapon is useful with his shield, but the show need to make him unable of fight for himself because Connie needs to be important and it feels like they force the character to be useless without her.

And the message "You don't need to do anything for yourself because there will always be someone helping you" is just... Really stupid and an unrealistic bad example.

>sharing the burdens between the two, user.

It was really represented in the show they don't have any real burden, the rest is overexagerated things.

There is no nephew, is there, user?

>You better believe dudes get saved by their wives all the time.

Not so much how the wives are save by her husbands if you don't belive it you are just a little kid who doesn't know anything about life.

>he tells her to not go protecting him
But she is the sword, she can fight for herself but Steven can't do it, when we remove all the sentimalism and we stay pragmatic she protects him.

>The fighting part is a metaphor for all kinds of struggles.

That's dumb and it was never represented in the show. If you don't comment examples please don't answer with interpreations.

>And if it's just social finesse.
Or awareness of peak oil

What?

>And the message "You don't need to do anything for yourself because there will always be someone helping you"

Where exactly was that message? I can't think of any time when people has to do things for Steven

You got the good side I guess, my sincere congratulations. But changing the topic I think that it's very dumb that Steven don't call any of them "mom" or considere one of them like such.

When he is sad because "muh I don't have a mother" that's ridiculous he has three or at least Pearl who plays that role in his house. It feels like "FAST I need to do a cheap drama"

Even if she has the sword, Steven has all the powers. He's the real strength in the pair when shit hits the fan. This is a kids show and Connie's a protagonist. Giving her a giant sword is just a way to make her relevant.

And this doesn't really translate over to real life 'cus it's not like men really need to conventionally "protect" their women anymore. This isn't the dark ages. To me the message was moreso "when you're in a team, you work together."

> if you don't belive it you are just a little kid who doesn't know anything about life.
Way to have an open conversation, user

>But she is the sword, she can fight for herself but Steven can't do it
Except all those times when he fights with his shield?

Is my sister's son. Not even joking.
We watched su/at alot , his favorite show is RS
I saw how kids don't see politics and that is a good thing , sadly it turns into a lot of question quick.
About good messages , from top of my head
>i want to beat greg for what he do to steven
>pearl is a villain , steven need to be carefull
>why the fight is a song , this is a girl thing.
>why the people of the town don't help steven , he always help them
>i have a friend like amethyst , cant take jokes but she loves to laugh at you
>why steven try to nice with peridot after all she did
>why steven don't use the shield like cap america
>why garnet dont help him with his future vision

I'm pretty sure all those sad moments are not about him not having A mom, but rather him wishing he had THE mom, the one that all the gems talk and praise through out all his life

It's the message that the series is really transmiting with the behaviours of the characters. Steven can't do anything for himself he needs that people do the fight for him "This only thing that I can do for myself" -Steven "When it rains"

Peridot: Do something.
Steven: I'm doing something
Peridot: Something USEFUL!

But he never tries to get better because he is busy thinking that "We can do it together" he never thinks "What would happen if there is no one to help me?".

Ruby and Sapphire can't do anything for themselves, they need to do little thing together and I consider that lame, more that a romantic couple they look like a pair of dependent people. Not a good example.

No Steven teaches young boys that anything wrong is always their fault, that they should always be the first to apologize even if you did nothing wrong, and always give up cause everyone is more important than you. Also that the traits of growing strength and confidence are negative and should be shamed. Until Steven is actually masculine, he is not a good role model for young boys.

I dunno I user, I just don't see it. Show has a lot of situations that require team work, yes, but that's like, the fundamentals of human survival - we are social animals, user.

Also, I'm gonna guess English isn't your first language, anonThat's okay, it isn't mine either

He considers them mother figures, since he asked them to fuse to go with him and Greg to meet Connie's parents.
Though I personally don't mind it, since they're not directly mothers but varying levels of family for him. Plus less complaints about "muh lesbian moms".
That's probably just a gag that goes over people's heads with some explanation, like the two shorties in her head can't decide on a proper response so they hamfist an awkward sentence.
That really is too bad. But he shares the sentiments of others in the fanbase, that really thought something more would happen.

Are there any good male role models in current toons?

>Also that the traits of growing strength and confidence are negative and should be shamed
Does it? Can't say I noticed such message in the story

unironically Finn from AT
>always knows how to have fun even while being responsible and doing his hero job
>has a loving, caring relationship with his bro that still leaves room for teasing and bantz
>kind and empathetic while still willing to cut assholes in half if they try some shit
>cries and has weak moments at times, but is never a pussy and does what he has to do
>had relationships with girls, fucked things up, was sad about it but got over it and didn't let it ruin him
>even a decent role model physically since he's a bit chubby and short but still kicks ass, shows kids you don't have to be a 6foot shithouse to be cool and strong

Sup Forums likes to shit on him cause cuck memes but I think he's actually pretty good

I suppose it depends on what qualities you consider to be of a good male.
Voltron boys? They are just good old boyish boys that do boy things.
Wirt from over the Garden Wall learns to be more confident and less of a wuss

>Except all those times when he fights with his shield?

That's a joke, no one can't fight with just a shield (Yeah Captain America is stupid too), the only thing that he really do is avoid be killed from the first strike. He is practically Homer simpson when she tried being a boxer "I am pathetic the only thing that I can do is take hits".

>Way to have an open conversation, user

Look, life is in a way kid and part of grow mature is accept it just like it is. In that aspect there is nothing to be discussed.

>Look, life is in a way kid and part of grow mature is accept it just like it is.

I'm guessing learning how to write was not a part of your grow mature.

No freal, dude, I don't understand what you are saying half the time

>no one can't fight with just a shield
His shield toss can cut through solid rock

It's not a good show for anyone to watch cause it sucks

What's your first languaje?

Teamwork is important, but it isn't realistic try to rely in other people without try to do anything for yourself because that's not how the life works and it's not a good example to show to no one.

I don't think that the idea of the writers "Try to something for yourself is wrong" but that's the idea that they accidentally transmited and it's not a good example.

When it comes to relationships I really prefer the perspective of OTGW with Wirt and Beatrice.

>I'm guessing learning how to write was not a part of your grow mature.

Well this is trolling and that's not exactly mature little dude.

>No freal, dude, I don't understand what you are saying half the time

Maybe I don't express myself correctly and I sorry for it, I still learning your languaje but this is my third languaje so don't blame for having problems with it.

I think the problem with Steven in the newer episodes is that the stress is getting to him. His innate desire to take everything onto himself to protect others is being really explored and with all the bad shit that's gone down, it's too much for him to handle.

Him moping over Connie for so long makes sense when you consider that his empathy is his defining trait, and for him, actually hurting someone is horrifying. Hurting the person he loves? Soulcrushing. And the worst part is, he hurt her by doing what he thought was right, by putting the needs of everyone else above his own.

(Connie was still a total bitch in that situation and needed to apologize to Steven far more than the other way around, but that's besides the point.)

At this point, Steven's empathy and desire to help others has become his biggest flaw, and learning to rely on others, even let others sacrifice for him, finding a balance between the two, is going to be his arc going forward.

I think I agree, but the issue is that the show’s trappings make it hard to recognize. Yeah it has good messages for fathers and young boys but most will be put off by the seasons of fillers and prancy dancing and crossdressing before understanding it.

That was the best part of all the show. Peridot make Steven a better character and he finally had someone weaker than him to protect to. It was a really good character progress.

Peridot is really different of Connie in this aspect.

If you're looking to introduce them to a show with a group of misfits or outcasts, lessons in responsibility, and an emphasis on familial and romantic relationships they'd be better off watching the likes of Hey Arnold! or Avatar than fucking Steven Universe.

>He was so disappointed in the way how the cluster arc ended
Oh my GOD, THIS.
This is exactly what killed the whole feel of the show for me! After seeing the way the cluster arc just ended like that was just so anticlimactic and felt lazy. It was horrible. After that episode I just couldn't find myself enjoying the rest of the episodes. I just couldn't understand why they would do that, it just didn't make any sense.

Here's your answer.

The problem with the cluster arc is that it had a lot of promising aspects to it, but none of them fit together quite right to make a good looking final product

>Muh misfits and outcasts
There are literally no benefits to this. Romanticizing outcasts is romanticizing morons who will mature to hate their rebellious stage. There is nothing redeemable about being a socially awkward autist, and a society that says it's what's on the inside that counts seems to discount what makes misfits misfits. It also weakens legitimate social movements by equating their concerns and aims with those of literal retards.

>Muh fix stuff I broke.
This isn't a male trait, or at least it shouldn't be. Fixing what you break is a universally useful behavior. Making a point to be the type of person who can fix things is arguably a more male-oriented trait than the simple belief that broken things must be fixed. Being a person who can be relied upon is a far more tangible motivation, and far more useful in the sexual marketplace, than any of that.

Shit show, shit interpretations. Greg's a failure as a parent. Steven's a retard. Typical bourgeoisie "What I feel like is more important than what I produce in life."

>people will defend this

user i just want you to know that you come across as an edgy 15 year old with very little real world experience

If the 'payoff' of Steven and Connie isn't Connie getting a BF and Steven being cool with it because friendship is the most important relationship of all, I will print out 'i told you so' on a standard sheet of inkjet paper and eat it.
I refuse to believe the show would tolerate anything that can be considered hetero-normative in the main cast.

why is this such a big deal? dude likes to walk with his hands out, who gives a fuck? feels like ppl making a big deal out of this are rly insecure

I've always felt the father-son relationship was always kind of strange given how his dad chooses to let his son be raised by a bunch of space aliens while he hangs out in his van. Like, sure, there are touching moments and whatever but the premise of the whole relationship undercuts it with how bizarre it is.

Sugar looks like a retarded screeching liberal social justice loonie but she's actually not
for your sake, why don't you print it with something more edible than inkjet?

he's absolutely terrified of gem magic

Well, , you called it.
Anyway, it's literally the prissiest way imaginable to walk. Guys do not do that. Not even gay guys. Not even girls. Literally the only people who walk like that are a deviant subset of trannies who idealize 1920 women as the feminine ideal.

This is the walk that the Virgin Walk laughs at.

That's more or less been retconned out now. Now it's just an artifact that they're chipping away at.

Maybe Greg felt that since Steven's half-gem, the gems could help him understand his powers better.

I still don't really understand why he doesn't live with them alongside his son. The gems aren't really outright hostile to him but he just dumps his son off to live with them. It's just weird to me.

Again, retcons. Originally he was scared of the gems and they seemed hostile to him. Later seasons changed it to the point where it just doesn't make sense.

>MAKE HARD DECISIONS
>BE STRONG
>WORK HARD
>BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF ANYONE IN THE WAY WITH ONE HAND WHILE FORGING WAGON-AXLES WITH YOUR OTHER, LIKE GOD ONCE DID
>STILL BE HONORABLE AND AS POLITE YOU CAN BE ABOUT IT BECAUSE WE ARE MAKING A SOCIETY HERE, GODDAMMIT!

Yes this is pretty much the sort of masculinity you won't find in any sort of western media these days unless ofc it's a villain (or anti-villain) or some sort of old man stuck in the past, or etc.

It just isn't part of the values set of modern society even if modern society relies on such people at least in part (or the undeniable fact that it's people like that who succeed).

Blame Zuke

Maybe Steven is just a sissy

I work with sissies, no self respecting sissy would walk like that.

I've been thinking about this, and if you'd allow me to share some autism.
I'm not too happy with Steven's masculinity, or his humanity for that matter.
Often times I think about what I would do with a show if I was a writer, for Steven Universe I was particularly taken by one idea, a Human Regiment for Pink Diamond. I figure why not, she likes the locals and they could be an expendable resource Homeworld can exploit, besides they could be a fun side-project that can pay off, besides Colonial troops have been a historical means to cut down on occupation costs and to make the natives more at ease. By design I want them to be very human oriented, with uniforms and equipment inspired by history, I justify this by Homeworld not knowing how to use a human in combat and having a Sapphire use future vision. At this point I don't know if history progressed as ours or if Rose interfered for a more peaceful outcome, either way they see our history and the regiment is outfitted with bits and pieces throughout history, the more antiquated pieces justified by advanced tech. They gleam this by snatching a human, and he likes what he sees, during the outfitting and training of the regiment (also according to historical events) Pink Diamond takes increased interest, particularly for parade and trooping the color, this endears the regiment to her with them placing more loyalty to her than Homeworld, and for good reason, this goddess gave them everything they could want, shelter, food, gifts from the stars and the promise of glory, however the other diamonds soon lose interest and basically keep them as a boondoggle, until the rebellion. This part I don't have as fleshed out, but they are sent off world to respond to a threat, they eager to prove themselves PD worried beyond belief, but the Diamonds must justify the time and resources, they set of in a spaceship inspired by a warship of a future that will never happen and PD never hears of them again.

The Diamonds however keeps watch if just to see how badly they fail. But they don't chalk it up to tools and weapons gems haven't faced before, alien tactics or artificial gems sown into the uniform to lend them the strength and durability of a Quartz(I haven't decided) but they introduce the word "slaughter" (read up on the Toy army of Peter the Great if you get the chance) into the gem lexicon and the Diamonds either too afraid or too engrossed in Earth simply leave them with "stand by for further orders" and so they wait lying at rest for word again, until a signal is sent out (either the work of the accidental Crystal Gems, Steven, or someone else mucking about where they shouldn't) and so the ship awakens ancient technologies sent into motion, the regiment awakens, thousands of years past expectation, but none care, they have received the closest thing to an order in millennia and they set out to Earth, surely at the behest of PD herself, they move through space agonizingly slow for a modern Gem ship, slow enough for stories to spread, of humans that sail the stars wearing the colors of a shattered diamond and acting on her agency, but fast enough that any gem ship that would care to investigate does not catch them, eventually the CGs are notified (perhaps the work of the Offcolors hearing rumors?) The CGs are perplexed but not too worried, the news is unsettling to Steven however, but nothing can be done. Eventually the warship makes it to the zoo, hoping to rest and see how the project has grown, it is here they learn of what has happened to PD, and it is here they set out on the warpath. They set course for Earth to crush the rebellion, not caring for what to do after.

They are not as soft as previous attempts, opening with a bombardment of Beach city, and the temple, followed by an assault, the CGs think they are ready, they are not just as before they are beaten back wither by skill, or numbers, as they lay siege to what's left of the temple, hoping to crush the gems of those responsible personally the brigadier general in charge is made privy to the knowledge that Steven can heal gems, and during the fighting an artifact was recovered, a piece of PD's gem. With this in mind the general makes a demand, mend PD. The CG's are in no position to refuse, and agree believing it impossible. Here's where things get interesting, Steven now has to spend a lot of time around this general, his opposite in many respects aggressive, stoic and authoritarian. But also alike him in some ways, kind (in his own way), protective and putting others before himself. Over time Steven learns from the general as well (perhaps even Connie and others) how to be a fighter but honorable, how to control emotions but not ignore them, how to make hard decisions that hurt but are best. Eventually Steven will find that he likes the general, but they have the unrecognizable difference of loyalty and end goal, and after hearing the general's side can see why. From there I don't know where to take it, but I like the idea of resurrecting PD and finding a peaceful solution.

Pardon my autism, I didn't expect to go on this long, but that's a load off my mind.

9/10 son, i'm boiling.

Steven's father is a fucking deadbeat jagoff who let his lesbian mom use the court system to take him away from him.

Its implicit from the context.

Thanks user, your public service is noted.

Those are two examples out of 5 seasons. I get what you're saying though. Steven doesn't exactly act like a normal boy.

You don't have to know anything about the show to know exactly what its agenda is. Nothing about this show is okay for little boys to watch.

We are not raising a society of male homemakers when we have barbarians at the gate ready to tear down everything our society has built and stood for over the last 3 centuries.

If Steven thinks by acting like a flaming fucking faggot hes going to dodge the draft, not have to get a job, and find some obese mexican spic to pimp him out like a fucking toilet gimp in order to support his rampant drug abuse he uses to cope from a lifetime of emasculation and emotional abuse, he can think again.

We will drag his ass through boot and beat him senseless until he learns that the blood running through his veins is thick enough to be spilt upon the alter of freedom.

Let him join the press corps or the medical corps, but when the time comes to fight HE and the enemy is upon our shores he WILL do his duty.

Greg is barely in it. Shut the fuck up OP

I don't mind it in SU. They show that such relationships can be unstable and reckless. Ultimately the reoccuring message from the whole fusion concept is that you need to be very careful about who you involve yourself with, some relationships are just bad ideas, and never hatefuck.

Do we have to slap a bitch?
Do we have to get our parents in a room with this and have our fathers backhand her before this hysterical cunt destroys everything good and pure about being a man?
Do we have to watch her jump on a policemans back like some drug crazy nigger bitch while clawing his eyes out on public television before we acknowledge that this show is promoting mental illness?

Wives save their husbands from more... intangible threats. And you know, guns are a thing.

You do realize Steven could kick your ass with no effort whatsoever, right?

>And you know, guns are a thing.
Heavy things. That can't operate as intended if the user is incapacitated.

Shields are no joke user.

FFS, you're a faggot, our nation is at peace, your free to be your faggot self and say and do whatever faggotty shit you want, and there isn't a thing we can do to stop you.

But when start shoving this shit down our kids throats and pretending like this shit is normal, you cross a line.

I can't believe I fucking voted for gay marriage, what the FUCK was I thinking? I just thought kids would be better off living in a lesbian household than on the streets but I was WRONG, they are better off in a group home than they are with these sick freaks.

Gah! What the hell was I thinking?