Why didn't Ego just take her with him if he loved her so much?

Why didn't Ego just take her with him if he loved her so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/N-tRXewCAmU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He actually explains it in the movie

He did? I must be completely oblivious cause I'm rewatching right now and I must have missed it

>that's why i was heartbroken when i put the tumor on her brain
His love for her made him want to abandon his dream, so the slut had to be gone.
It's like when you quit a game and delete all your characters and special items to avoid being sucked in again.

This might sound insane for (you), but remember EGO is narcissistic psychopath who belittles all living beings and thinks of them as being inferior to him. So, at most he was basically putting down his dog.

Because he was trying to pork more ladies and make more hybrid kids.

I dunno why he didn't just do what Alcazar did and juggle his favourite alien brides and keep all the sprogs in one place to test them.

It's the climax of the entire movie, there is no way you missed it. You sound like you're just pretending it didn't count because you don't agree with it.

Because he didn't actually love her

this might sound insane to you, but he is millions and millions of years old already, and immortal, and she is just a human who will die sooner or later, so maybe your perspective is different than his
no need to make it personal
also, seemed to me like he was just trying to propagate in a more efficient way, why would you deny this right to him
ego did nothing wrong

>ego did nothing wrong
He cheated multiple times and killed hundreds of his sons and daughters... that's pretty wrong if you ask me.

His explanation is the most stupid shit i ever heard on film, why the fuck didn't he just lived with her for like 50 years top and just pick his faggotry destroy everything plan after?

Because his life, his love and his lady,
was the sea.dootindoot doo doo doo de doo

He wouldn't have the heart to go through with his plan if he had given into the temptation to stay with her.
So he had to choose between staying with her and not pursuing his dream or else not staying with her and still pursuing his dream. And he knew if he had left her alive he'd just cave in and go back to her sooner or later.
I feel like you're not much of a procrastinator. This all seems like really straightforward logic for someone who knows themselves and knows what they probably won't have the willpower to do in the future. Which I guess might not make sense to you if you just always have the willpower to follow through with any plans you come up with.
I know personally at this point in my life (early 30s) I barely have any willpower at all to do anything that isn't life or death necessary, so I need to plan accordingly and not set myself up for situations I know I won't realistically take care of properly in the future.

Because Ego is a huge asshole who doesn't really care about anyone. The pile of dead children kind of drives this home

Ego's an eldritch abomination whose only real purpose in life is to spread his seed.

So's yer old man.

Do you not understand what his goals were?

>Do you not understand what his goals were?

Fucking hot bitches and gardening?

>Disregard females
>Acquire gardens

Shit I forgot I made this thread. I'm not pretending to be retarded I just don't understand why he had to kill her. Wasn't the whole reasoning behind it was that if he visited earth he'd have to stay there? Why not just bring her back to his planet? That's the part I don't get.
Alternatively, if he was lying and didn't love her why'd he give her cancer?

>His love for her made him want to abandon his dream, so the slut had to be gone.
And you know how it is.
First she's got you catching feelings and you're so certain it's certain, suddenly there's a kid, next thing you know you're paying alimony.
No power in the universe can save you then.

Like this one guy, Scott Something, old flame even came back from the dead to fuck up his new life.

Because he was too in love with her to do that. He was genuinely falling for her enough that he knew he couldn't do it if he stayed. Hell, just leaving her alive was too much a temptation for him that if he did it would always keep him from putting his final steps into practice.

>Why not just bring her back to his planet?
Because that's where he fucking kills his kids.

Because he's monomaniacal genocidal godlike being who believes the universe should be remade in his image. It doesn't have to make to sense to you, it makes sense to him.

>who believes the universe should be remade in his image.
I wonder how beings like Dormammu, Thanos, the Collector, the Asgardian gods, Grandmaster, Galactus etc reacted when Ego was covering everything with his load.

Because Ego was dumb

No, really
"BTW, I killed yer mom you're so obviously still hung up on"
How fucking dumb WAS Ego? There was literally no reason to ever bring that up

>Jobs despite fighting on his home turf and being able to manipulate matter

I think part of what nerfed him was activating his seeds

Way too old to be the guy.

Star-Lord is the one of their top draws, the best Ego could do was putting his son over.

>Dormammu
Not in the realm, probably didn't give a shit since he just cares about the territory, not the inhabitants

>Thanos
Pissed, but figured he could conquer/kill the Ego-verse when he got the stones

>The Collector
Bummed out about not being able to collect anything, still stuck on Knowhere so it doesn't affect him

>The Asgardian gods
Pretty pissed, but things went too quick to respond

>Grandmaster
Doesn't give a shit, on his own planet

>Galactus
Pissed that his diet suddenly got a lot less diverse

Fuck off, Ego. You were a cunt and i'm glad you are dead.

It's his Ego. He thought that Peter would see his point of view, that his dream was more important than her life, because he is incapable of conceiving that anything could be more important.

>Pissed that his diet suddenly got a lot less diverse
and a little more salty

Do you one better, when Quill decided not to help him why didn't he just let the Guardians leave knowing he has literally forever to wait for Quill to change his mind?

Maybe that's why peter is the only one that got his powers? The true love for the mother.

This. What Ego did was ultimately best for business.

Because unless he goes back home periodically to recharge his power the construct holding his mind dies. He explained this in the movie.

Monogamy and paternity are human traits treated as taboo. He is an alien to those kinds of costumes, so he didnt do nothing wrong.

Interesting perspective.

I bet age was the actual factor. All his other children were sent to him as, well, children. Their powers didn't manifest yet, so he killed them. If he had let them grow to maturity, they might have had the spark.

Power of Friendship > Experience.

that was implied yes, although it doesn't make sense because Ego uses the concept of genes for that
they probably should have found a different way to write this dialogue

youtu.be/N-tRXewCAmU

She was a distraction from his ultimate goal. Shit it's not like it's a unique thing, that shit happens in movies.

This. History has proved this time and time again.

I always had one rule for alien contact: You put humans on the menu, we put you on the hit list.

>Like this one guy, Scott Something
Was he right?

Maybe they left it vague and uncertain because it's supposed to make audiences feel specific emotions. My dad the universe killing asshole named ego killed mom and made life suck blahhh he sold me into slavery blahh

Why don’t they just make air balloons

They did, the government black ops shut it down

>he really was the GARDEN OF THE GALAXY VOL 2
bravo nolan

Always, but no one saw it until it was too late.