This is the forth time in history the Candidate with most votes loses the election; do you now understand why you need...

This is the forth time in history the Candidate with most votes loses the election; do you now understand why you need to change your electoral system?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zMGZtkMS3sQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zcZTTB10_Vo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithless_elector
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>you need to change your electoral system
>so that Trump loses
> - Anonymous, posted on Sup Forums

Pedro, you're just mad that you're paying for the wall.

Mexico is angry?

Not every single person on Sup Forums is a Drumpfkin.

Get you wallet ready Pedro

>Tyranny of the majority is better than a barrier that protects California from ruling the election every time

lol you mad beaner? Wall just got 10 feet higher

Why should the popular vote win? Every state isn't the same.

Well, those people have been laid off. Haven't you heard?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha fuck you, Paco

in the US if you win a state with 50 percent or win a state by 60 percent you get the same amonut of electoral college votes

you need to spread the vote count to a good amount of states instead of simply attaching yourself to large population centers

It's called united STATES, not State of America, every state deserves to be heard.

>Mexico having anything to say about anything

lol

Fuck you taconigger worry about your own shitty undeveloped hellhole.

Also get back to work, you've got a beautiful wall to pay for!

U better Be Ready Pedro

It makes sense in a way, its intention is to stop big states like commiefornia and texas from deciding entire elections on their own. We have a somewhat similar system where a vote in oslo is worth less than a vote in say finnmark and troms.

Don't tag up our wall when it gets put up spic.

this

Enjoy your zionist president americucks

Popular vote sucks in a country the size of the us. It becomes a different kind of political race and tbounishes small states hard.

Basically Hillary lost because she won a few high population states while Trump got huge swathes of the country. I know it's not popular to say among liberals now, but popular vote really fucks over the small states hard enough that the Electoral College was invented as a compromise.

>popular vote on a state by state basis. States being allocated points on the amount of federal representation they have.

Yes the great promiser of all kinds of shit said so.
The Wall
The Jobs
The muslims
The ISIS

lol This fuck will end up giving no solutions just excuses as the US sinks into the swamp he never drained.

Also because we were States before being a Union, this was the condition the States reserved for themselves in the deal.

Libtards naturally dont know thing 1 about history.

Just Get Looted By Gypsies or something.
Why So Salty

America is a very diverse and varied country it shouldn't go blue every election just because of California and Jew York

I am not a fan of the electoral system. It should be changed to popular voting along with alternative voting. What is done is done, but for the next election, that would be dandy.

You do realize OP that the American system around electorates actually barred millions of people from voting in order to enforce representation of states, right?
Those millions conveniently were from conservative places.
If they were allowed to vote, Trump would have had a vastly greater popular vote.

Yeah, the huge swathes of the country where nobody lives. Look at a population density chart sometime. It doesn't matter who got the most square mileage.

The split was, once again, almost exactly even. As many people are pissed as are happy. Once again we have a leader with no mandate. And the same would have been true if Hillary had won. This is what is really worrying, and has been really worrying for some time.

Turns out swarming California with a billion beans over decades isn't a good long term strategy.

If california votes like 55% clinton instead of 60% trump would win popular vote

I think that would be a problem

The electoral college represents all states, not just the most populated states.

Liberty and justice for all.

I'm sure you would be singing the same tune had Trump won the popular vote but lost the electoral college.

Once all you cryasses flee to Canada his mandate will be clear.

literally what is it to you, faggot

you're in Mexico, NOT USA.

democracy is 99 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what's for dinner

stay poor mexico

No. Because the point of the Electoral College is supposed to be that the Electors, recognizing Trump as a demagogue who's policies are at best inane and at worst will run this country into the ground, vote someone other than Trump into office.

That's why we have the Electoral College, to prevent demagogues like Trump from becoming President. However and unfortunately, no Elector is willing to go against the popular result of their State these days, since most are career politicians for whom doing so is tantamount to saying that come the next election, they won't be running.

The problem isn't the Electoral College, it's the spineless Electors who now make it up.

Up until now Trump was leading on popular vote. Plus, we know Shillary was ballot-stuffing.

America is a republic not a democracy pedro get educated

>Why So Salty

Cause for whatever reason Sup Forums is cheering for a former democrat known for lying whose biggest donor is a jewish led company . I hate hilary more than trump and i would've probably voted for trump had i lived in the states...but that's cause he isn't hillary not cause i fucking trust him

Electoral College...VALIDATED

Mate a republican winning Michigan and Wisconsin is as big a fucking mandate as any republican candidate since Bush 41.

And in terms of scare mileage not counting, I don't remember a single tear being shed at the shockingly red 2012 national map where the vast majority of US counties went Romney but Obama swamped the population centers. Rural won this election for Trump and I want the same respect for that as if cities we'had won Hillary the vote.

We knew the rules going in. Hilary should be ashamed of losing Midwest states. Ashamed.

kek

Hahaha. Start saving those pesos. You are going to need them when the wall comes.

What happens if they do try to do it?

Oh for fuck's sake.

It's both. It's both a republic and a democracy.

A democracy is any state in which eligible voters are the source of a government's power or even existence, i.e., everyone in Washington is only there because we elect them, or at most because we elect the people who appoint them.

A republic is any state wherein the head of state is not hereditary. That is literally all you need to be a republic. So,

- The United States is a Republic and a Democracy.
- The United Kingdom is a Democracy, but not a Republic.
- China is a Republic, but not a Democracy
- Saudi Arabia is neither a Republic nor a Democracy.

She expected go win Wisconsin without visiting the state.

The sheer arrogance of it all.

Obama was spreading them all over the country, building ghettos in white towns and cities in order to attempt to game the EC.

You'd think a mexican would understand the concept of population density.

>demagogue
Damn bro, NICE buzzword you got there! Thanks for correcting the record!

Why is someone from a third world country lecturing the USA on how to run an election?

>Because the point of the Electoral College is supposed to be that the Electors, recognizing Trump as a demagogue who's policies are at best inane and at worst will run this country into the ground, vote someone other than Trump into office.
TIL this guy doesn't know how the electorate system works and thinks every one of them can vote however they want instead of legally being bound to vote for exactly what their district says they have to. The electoral college was designed to make sure that no matter what the low population rural areas had equal representation as the urban centers because their concerns were always different. It's bad when so many liberals don't even know history and why their country works the way it does.

When Mexico isn't an underdeveloped laughing stock of the world, you can give us advice on how to run things.

Yeah because Wyoming really deserves near as much influence over the election as California and Texas.

So Your Doing the Hole
>Cant believe we backed the better of the two thing

>Meanwhile
Quick Jose, put away your phone and fetch me that brick

Go fuck yourself beaner

Your system is so corrupt that the popular vote doesn't even matter in your country

Oh yes I went there. I know of how corrupt your system is. I know about your PRI party and how it always wins no matter how many people vote and for who

Russia is also corrupt as fuck

Likely? There's a few riots but nothing major. Whoever the Electors vote to be President, becomes President (a situation like this happened in 1824, wherein the person who became President won neither the electoral nor the popular plurality of votes in the first round of voting). Trump cries foul and becomes a constant thorn in the side of whoever does become President. Whoever DOES become President is likely to be the least popular in history since both Democrats and Republicans would feel "cheated" even though the Constitution was followed to the letter. Nearly every Senator and Representative loses their position at the next available election cycle.

And then two weeks from now some celebrity does something stupid and we overall move on with our lives.

Why is Mexico so blatantly racist as to require ID to vote???
checkmate

>unironically supporting the electoral college
Don't be a cuck.

Honestly take out all the illegal, dead and people who voted multiple times for the Democrats and Trump would win the PV too.

They are still counting votes in Az, AK, Minnesota, Michigan, New Hampshire

that awkward moment when your flag has the same colours as greasy itas and jose's

>change electoral system
Ya,
What a shame it is that welfare niggers and foreigners can't decide our president.

No, in fact, we should give the popular vote even less influence than it currently has.

Build wall, paco.

But is gives balance to state power

youtube.com/watch?v=zMGZtkMS3sQ

Irrelevant. That was the agreement upon forming the country. You will have to get over it.

Good post.

The Mexican guy is telling us how to run a country. Is this a David Lynch movie? Mujullando Drivejo

fuck off spic

Kill yourself, you dumb spic.

youtube.com/watch?v=zcZTTB10_Vo

Will Democrats go full EC reformist after this?

Electoral college helps preserve states rights so fuck off commie.

That's what the senate is for.

The electoral college is retarded cronyism.

if the electoral system was changed then at least 10 of californias votes would have gone red you butthurt dumbass spic

REMINDER TO YOU MEXIKEKS

Everything about this hurts

>1824

Time to get BTFO again?
EC did not decide that election the House did.
its not happening. Trump won, keep crying bitch nigga.

Donald Trump's Inauguration Speech, 30:04:
>"...And Mexico, for every mean spirited comment on THIS Korean Dry Cleaning imageboard, the wall will be made 10 feet higher! I don't care if your pesos are worthless now. You finish the wall, or me and my buddy Russia will whoop-bang-slam our fists into you like a comic book character."

>he will never get the nomination
>he will never actualy win the election
>he will not deliver on any promises

They say the definition of insanity is repeating the same thing and expeting diffrent resaults maybe its time to rethink things you commie fuck.

It does. It's as equal to any other state in the Union you shit lord

God I hope so. I can't image why unless the system is really THAT corrupt such that they don't really care about winning and just care about the illusion of change.

Hillary winning the popular vote and still losing the election is so satisfying tb.h

Just goes to show whites will always come out on top in the end even when outnumbered by minority hordes

>True Democracy
>Popular vote wins every time
>Popular votes for a democrat

>True Republic
>Electoral vote wins every time
>Electoral votes for a Republic

US is NOT a democracy. Democracy is a lie.

yeah so that CA and NY can elect a liberal faggot

no more free trips into the land of the free taco paco

Hillary has so far won the popular vote. Your argument is silly.

Wrong, the Senate represents the value of the popular vote.

I didn't think it would even be close, its the state of cuckservatives

>there are more people concentrated in one place than another place
>that means we should ignore that other place completely

you realise the country is made up of STATES? RETARD

>The electoral college was designed to make sure that no matter what the low population rural areas had equal representation

No, that's the House of Representatives, which forms part of the Electoral College but is not the whole of it and serves a different purpose.

Nothing in the Constitution prevents the Electors from voting however they want. 29 states DO have laws against faithless electors, but Hillary won the majority of the electors from those states.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithless_elector

It's not even unheard of; in 1836, Virginia's ENTIRE Electoral College delegation (at the time, 23 men) went against the popular vote of Virginia.

The specific Supreme Court ruling is that Electors from a state can be required by that State to PLEDGE their vote, but not CAST it, i.e., an Elector from, say, Alaska, who votes for Hillary, has broken his pledge to Alaska (and may face criminal charges in Alaska), but that does not invalidate his vote for Hillary.

(SC 1952, Ray v. Blair, 5-2)

>It's bad when so many liberals don't even know history and why their country works the way it does.

Uh-huh. Again, check out the Supreme Court case Ray v. Blair and the 1836 Presidential Election.

It keeps the playing field more level.

Just because a state is full of leftists doesn't mean they get to determine the fate of the entire country.

> ctrl + f
> type in: "spic"
> 4 results

No class, even in victory.

>since most are career politicians
This is untrue. You cannot be in any office and be an elector. Most are selected by the parties, which is a different but significant issue.

Every state gets two representatives regardless of population, dumbass. The presidency was always meant to be a popular. The reason why it isn't is just bedause it is an eccentric system that wasn't well thought out. It's just a means of politicians giving comfy positions to their friends and family.

Just shows that a dumb fucking spic should study some knowledge before chimping out.

Spic

I keep seeing the number stopped at 276 Elevtoral Votes and counted from there to see who won the popular vote

Is there one that's for all the states counted?

here's a worse one

mexican

We should just like swarms of Mexicans in California decide the policy for the rest of the nation?

>do you now understand why you need to change your electoral system?
no, because the federal powers were not supposed to be elected by popular vote, because federal powers were not supposed to affect the individual. The federal Gov was supposed to work through the states, not an overreaching bureaucracy.

If Federal powers were limited as they are according to the Constitution it wouldn't matter because no one would care. The "worst' thing that could happen is the Feds declare war that happens to be unpopular. Beyond that, Federal Gov isn't supposed to have much authority.

Instead it has become like everyone's second State. Big brother. Something is broken, but it isn't the electoral votes.