>Antagonist gets broken up over their rival’s death

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vSPKUUdK4q8
youtube.com/watch?v=obmdoi8dwZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vRe3h1iQ1Os
youtu.be/dVNcmGjNW6c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good shit.

>Antogonist makes passionate love to heroe's dead body while screaming it should have been them

>antagonist is really fucking dark but they're generally upbeat and enthusiastic to counter it

This is my jam when it's done right

>antagonist is only broken-up by the hero's death because they felt cheated over the fact that it wasn't him/her that killed the hero
good shit

>Antagonist is a better person than the main hero.

>Antagonist replaces the hero and everyone likes him better

>antagonist honors the hero and gives them respect

This is why I love the friendship between Xavier and Magneto.

>'Mr Simm, please consider-'
>'For god's sake Moffat you degenerate twat, I'm not necrofucking Capaldi! Or anyone for that matter'
>'I'm okay with it'
>'Shut up Peter'
>'Okay, okay. How about we just imply that have a boner over your future, rule 63 self?'
>'That sounds retarde-'
>'She's also like 50'
>'I'm in'

Back on topic

>Hero has unconventional weapon that isn't usually a weapon. Bonus points if it wrecks a previously unbeaten foe. Extra bonus points if it does it hilariously
>Deadpan character panics. Bonus points if they panic in a non sarcastic, deadpan tone
>MC distracts villains by getting them to argue with each other over something temporarily
>Joke character has the most OP power in the series
>MC starts off being massively weaker than the rest of their cohorts, and stays like that for a while, surviving only on wits and guts

>"I know you're in there... think about all the good times we've had!"

Protagonist dies permanently and is replaced by character with another gimmick.

>character is old/small/skinny/etc.
>big fight scene
>they take their clothes off
>they're fucking RIPPED

>the goons are scared shitless of the hero

>the heroes are scared shitless of the villain

>villain that's very threatening has a soft spot for his mother or wife and kid.

If we're doing non-Sup Forums things,
>canonically mopey character MANS THE FUCK UP

>older/retired character trains the mc to fight against the big foe
>he never fights or he always holds back until one scene where the older/retired character gets to show off his skills

Pic Related, Master Fung, Grandpa, uncle Chant, and Master Splinter are really good.

>villain team is made up of direct counterparts of the heroes

Master Roshi fucked shit up recently too.

You must love Megamind then.

>flashback
>it's about character being his/her friend's chew toy over and over

>villain has all the heroes moves but opposite
>villain is a reflection of how others see the hero or what the hero fears becoming

I fucking love everything about these guys, how they each had a beastly form, how the Rangers came up with the idea to mix themselves up to fight, "Psycho motherfucking Silver", one of my favorite evil teams ever yo

Why the hell is Sup Forums so sentimental?

This is good when the antagonist's suit has effort and isn't just a copy of the hero's but with darker colours

What part of any of this is sentimental

>Antagonist is the main characters father

>that one villain that makes all the jokes stop and lets everyone knows people are about to die

>character in a team is brainwashed/blackmailed and has to fight their teammates
>protagonist and antagonist are obsessed with eachother
i cum buckets everytime

>Raven magics everything but his arm
Raven, pls

>everyone just watches while they go one on one against him

One thing i'll never understand is why I find multi-colored uniforms so cool.

>villain on a team has a familial relatonship with their teammates
>villain sacrifices himself to the heros to let his team get away

>villain or hero goes into hiding
>someone fucks with their family which makes them come out of hiding with extra ragepower
My favourite part of Xmen Apocalypes and episode 1 of thr Flash season 4

>weak character does something impressive by accident
>everyone watching thinks they are actually a badass and are just hiding their power

>throw object off screen
>*explosion*

>character A and character B are best friends
>fight/girl/whatever breaks up their friendship
>they leave each other on a bad note
>later, character A is in mortal danger
>character B appears and saves them
>"but why?"
>"because you're my friend"

>series starts with heroes fighting a joke villain
>heroes fight progressively more serious villains as the story goes on
>joke villain returns and shows that they're an actual threat when they get serious

>character is a surgeon or at least someone familiar with human anatomy
>is a physical threat because of precision and because they can utilize their knowledge of human body in a fight

Ah, I see you've heard of our Lord and Saviour Buggy D. Clown.

>Minor/supporting characters tag along with the protagonist on a journey
>They aren't jobbers and can competently fight off at least medium level threats

buggy is not, and has never been a serious threat.

that's part of the joke with him, that he's gained so much power despite being a weak joke.

Sounds like heretic talk, anonymous.

>Joke character is the last thing standing in the way of the villain
>Knows he doesn't stand a chance, but he has to try

I hated Infamous 2, but man the evil ending redeemed it.

And made me feel like shit.

>I hated infamous 2
explain.

>joke character that plays around all the time or never takes things seriously is the strongest, most OP motherfucker in the story
>the fight where he finally tries
Fucking love this shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=vSPKUUdK4q8
did not like the first or third but man 2 was a masterpiece. shame second son shit on everything cole accomplished

It's my shit
youtube.com/watch?v=obmdoi8dwZQ

Not him, but from a plot perspective it really bothered me.

>First game
>Entire point was that your future self went into the past to jump-start your development by a matter of decades
>Did this to stop a world-ending threat that devoured everyone he loved

>Second game
>Yeah that didn't mean shit. Take this basketball and fill it with batteries to kill the Beast for you

Gameplay wise it was way better though

>Villain and his team have a chemistry with each other as a main group in any media and could even be considered part of the main cast with the protagonist and his group
I fucking love the Chimera Ant arc.

>Entire point was that your future self went into the past to jump-start your development by a matter of decades
>Did this to stop a world-ending threat that devoured everyone he loved
and he failed. That was the point of the opening scene. No matter what future cole did, it wasn't enough. It required cole setting off the accident that started everything again and causing global genocide by allying with the guy who created the first giant bomb, in order to stop the Beast.

Well that's definitely the case with Goku and Vegeta.

>Changed voice actor to a shittier raspy one because everyone complained about gravely voice which was bullshit. No offense to the replacement since he's a good actor, but he did not fit Cole at all.
>Antagonist was generic confederate racists that hated super powered people and in a twist it turns out he was corrupt too
>Cole casually mentioning other family members that weren't even mentioned in the first game, which you think would be important to have
>No mention of Alden after he mysteriously vanished, along with Sasha probably still on the lose
>Blatant angel vs devil moral choices rather than how you should treat the city after everyone hates you for ruining everything.
>Lots of changes made to Cole made to appeal to critics and audiences that bitched way too much, to the point of giving him a giant tuning fork as a weapon.

While the gameplay was much better then the first, and the Beast twist was when things turned around well, especially with the good and evil choices being more grey than ever, but maaan was I pissed. This might be because I liked the first game a lot, but it definitely wasn't the same.

While I liked Second Son better because of the powers and different change of scenery, it did feel rushed. Plus there was no difference or reasons with the moral choices,especially with the evil ending when Delsin decides to kill his tribe for no reason.

And they never even followed up with that origami chick despite the ARG you had to do. Also, was First Light good? I never finished it.

Eh, I'd say Vegeta is still a worse person. You can pin the blame on every Saga up until Super on him

>Was the Saiyan Saga
>Freeza wouldn't have found out about the dragonballs if it wasn't for him
>Allowed Cell to eat the androids to power up
>Sold his soul to a peanut wizard allowing Buu to be born

I GUESS he cares about his family more, but that took him almost until Z ended for that to happen.

>theme or reoccuring song comes in during the final showdown between hero and antagonist

>Changed voice actor to a shittier raspy one because everyone complained about gravely voice which was bullshit.

Actually, the old voice actor refused to do face rigging is what made them change it.

>No mention of Alden after he mysteriously vanished, along with Sasha probably still on the lose
explained in the canon tie-in comic, as well as where moya fucks off to.
> to the point of giving him a giant tuning fork as a weapon.
are you hating on the Amp? Infamous is all about doing silly shit with his powers. having a power pole as a weapon was great.

Sasha had a comic explaining what happened to her, and I think Alden did too

The Amp is actually two cattle prods welded together, which I thought was pretty clever

and then super is all goku's fault.

>Only after a character has done or said something shocking does the other character drink something and do a spit take

First Light was decent.

Damn, Second Son was a beautiful game. I’m going to have to replay it. Very few games take advantage of the PS4 particle effects like that game did.

Kinda? Not because he actually did anything, unlike Vegeta. The Beerus and Freeza stuff didn't really take his direct input, he just had to exist for that. Same with Zamatsu. You could say the Tournament of Power but Goku's actions actually allowed one more universe to exist than would have without him

the tournament of power is entirely goku's fault.

I felt the enviornment of InFAMOUS 2 was a bit lonely. Maybe because of the setting? But in the first game an event happened and people reacted, not just to you, but to the damage the event caused. Like the leader of the militia that bug guy dying didn't seem to impact anyone in the world. As opposed to the telekinetic the telekinetic trash guy getting reported on by the News. And after you beat the game there isn't much to do unlike the first.
Another thing I hated was when the creators defended the voice change by saying his vocal cords were damaged but now they healed but you couldn't have known that unless you read that article.
And yes. That ending choice twist was the worst thing of any of the games.

t. haven't played Second Son

The tournament happening is, yes, but all the weaker galaxies were scheduled for being erased anyway. Goku just gave Zeno the idea for a tournament, a tournament with the prize of not being erased, so Goku caused a net gain of an entire universes worth of people

I've heard something more along the lines of , but that is kind of shitty if the reason he got recast was because of face rigging. More his fault then SP's.

>Important characters from the first game that are implied to make a comeback.
>Explained in side comics that aren't advertised at all, and never mentioned in main game

Why do games do this shit?

Seattle was a great choice of settings, and the visuals behind that were great. Wish they had factions though.

>Antagonist respects his subordinates that get shit done even if they happen to lose to the heroes

Needs to be done more often

But did he know that?

He didn't know the tournament would lead to universes getting wiped out either.

The extended version too

>Antagonist takes the mantle of dead Protagonist.
It worked. Pic related.

how is this ALWAYS AWESOME?

shit, it's even awesome in sonic fucking 06.

youtube.com/watch?v=vRe3h1iQ1Os

best sonic theme btw

It happens in most Sonic games, love it nonetheless.
Shadow's story is the best, his ending is 10/10

>A band of heroes who stopped a cataclysmic villain/threat become legends from their exploits
>decades pass and they're still regarded as iconic and revered heroes
>some have passed away but a couple still linger due to their strength/magic/etc.
>generations later, another re-emerging threat (whether the same from the past or otherwise) arrives
>this affects the protag etc. etc.
>at some point the remaining legendary heroes assemble once more and reunite during a critical moment.

>when the sun hits the colossus just right
youtu.be/dVNcmGjNW6c

>ragtag team of misfits defeat the big threat
>there's a parade and celebration
>then they all look at each other, smile, and go their seperate ways without saying a word

10/10 episode.

well that was fun. Who's up for Chinese?

The whole impact of 'less is more' in those moments really make a difference

>pic related
Is Sabertooth hiding behind Doom or something?

>villain is an evil bastard who is not afraid to cross any moral barrier to obtain their goals
>they are amicable, funny and charming
>the audience doesn't know how dangerous they are while the heroes do

>we get small details about the villain's life that help to humanize them

Villains tend to be better then heroes.

>poisons hero's friends
>forces hero and his sister to fight or he'll kill her
>tries to kill off hero's dad while inviting the hero and his mom to his place
Vlad was a great villain because he was a slimeball with absolutely no standards and that made him frightening.

they were all holding back, the scene makes it really obvious they're trying to subdue him without hurting him too bad. Beast boy, raven and cyborg all had chances to basically end it but all chose against it.

>Initial enemy working for big bad progresses into a major ally and great friend

There's nothing more compelling than those really intimate moments between characters when you can taste their relationship, how they feel about each other. Really helps you fall in love with them. Friendship, camaraderie, rivalries and hate, all that shit is just so satisfying to see.

>Rich kid archetype antagonist who is always two steps ahead
>Even without any money and in a one on one fair battle he is still better than the protagonist

Because being a hero is easy, the villain is the one stuck doing all the dirty work, the villain has to build himself up from scratch each time he is defeated and he does it later and he makes it better and it's just a matter of time

>smartest guy on Earth is proven to be as dumb as an infant compared to cosmic or extra terrestrial beings

>Villain sacrifices himself to achieve his dream

Really good when done well. Absolutely terrible if not.

Oh gosh. Semi related but I hate the scene in Suicide Squad when Diablo kills himself because "muh new family"

>the smug villain gets the smile wiped off his face
>the gentle giant character loses his shit and starts wrecking everyone
>the story focuses on the mook's perspective, treating our hero taking them out in the manner of a horror movie, with people suddenly dissapearing or being nabbed mid radio call

All tropes that I fucking adore

>heroic song kicks in whenever the heroes are the offensive/winning
>villain no sells their attack, music cuts out and then villains song returns with a vengence

>hero is basically dead
>villain gloating over him
>hero starts chuckling
>villain looks confused and angry

>has a full crew of incredibly dangerous and powerful inmates completely devoted to him
>not a threat

What makes a leader great is not what he can do, it's what he can make his people do.

>villain wins
>still loses

>Buggy D. Clown
>Not a serious threat

>alongside the character who is the best at everything there's a second best who is comfortable with their position and doesn't equate perfection with happiness