What went so very, very right?

What went so very, very right?

Well there's Kippa, and...Kippa.

The art is fucking gorgeous.

Only the art.
The rest, as one user put it, is webcomic tier level.

Then again that's sorta what Ava's Demon and a bunch of other webcomics are like so there's that.

>The rest, as one user put it, is webcomic tier level.
I don't really see that. Could you expand upon that point?

How does Sana Takeda keep managing to work on projects that almost succeed but ultimately fail to tickle my yuri fetish?

This, I didn't even care about the blatant misandry, But the writing is just painfully dull and complex just for the sake of it. I love worldbuilding as much as the next nerd, but most of the book is expositions about esoteric events and places which aren't the least bit interesting.

>the blatant misandry
Most of the first volume is women committing horrible atrocities. How the fuck did you get this opinion?
>But the writing is just painfully dull and complex just for the sake of it. I love worldbuilding as much as the next nerd, but most of the book is expositions about esoteric events and places which aren't the least bit interesting.
How is a monster derived from Egyptian mythology living inside a one-armed demigod fugitive on the run from a techno-magical matriarchy not interesting?

> the writing is webcomic tier
and yet, I've been reading two dozen webcomics that have better writing than Marvel or DC

I couldn't tell what went right but I can tell you what went wrong I didn't keep up reading with it after the 1st issue

I've been reading two dozen webcomics that have better writing than shit or garbage

Because the writing is dull, and while the art is pretty is isn't dynamic enough to make me dredge through a page and a half of exposition. That really isn't interesting just contrived.

Kippa, the art, and the lore

the actual writing is mediocre

The art, and nothing else. The writing is BORING. It's like you took the most boring elements from manga and you drew it in comic book form, except that it releases what, bimonthly instead of weekly?

Basically But to elaborate personally;

>How is a monster derived from Egyptian mythology living inside a one-armed demigod fugitive on the run from a techno-magical matriarchy not interesting?

Because it's overused plot that over saturates the fantasy and YA genre;

Edgy teen with ancient force/god inside them while facing a repressive regime that wants them gone.

There are so many stories with this exact plot it's not even funny. Even that Ava's demon comic I mentioned has a similar premise.

>and yet, I've been reading two dozen webcomics that have better writing than Marvel or DC

You know it says a lot about modern cape.

Sarcasm aside you know what I mean. The other 95% of webcomics aren't known for their stellar story telling.

Fair enough. I'm willing to sit through exposition for payoff and I think it was bearable.

That's not the only fetish Sana Takeda manages to tickle.

Explain what you mean by boring or dull. What exactly is boring about it?
>Edgy teen with ancient force/god inside them while facing a repressive regime that wants them gone
Just because a story has a similar plot to others doesn't mean the writing and characters are bad. I'm sure you enjoy things that have similar plots to other works, but they shouldn't be discounted because of that.

When is Takeda going to draw pictures of gwenpoole in lewd situations?

the violence against various age groups gave off the motif of beauty and cruelty of feminine fantasy

Point 1: Maybe blatant is a little extreme, but the only guys in the story are either douchebags, rich douchebags, or slaves/prisoners.

Point 2: I really wanted to like the story but the dialogue just feels like a slog to get through. I need a reason to care about the characters before you info-dump on me, which is how most of the story plays out. The characters just feel kind of there, they don't seem to have any strong personality other than "This is the role I play". That old researcher chick seemed interesting but then they kill her off.

>but the only guys in the story are either douchebags, rich douchebags, or slaves/prisoners.
What about the cat? What about the raven guy she finds? What about the brother of the spy?
>I need a reason to care about the characters before you info-dump on me, which is how most of the story plays out. The characters just feel kind of there, they don't seem to have any strong personality other than "This is the role I play".
Fair enough, that's a subjective trait.
>That old researcher chick seemed interesting but then they kill her off.
She comes back in issue 2 or 3 I can't remember

>Just because a story has a similar plot to others doesn't mean the writing and characters are bad. I'm sure you enjoy things that have similar plots to other works, but they shouldn't be discounted because of that.

I'm not talking vaguely similar plots user, I'm talking tired tropes and cliches. Things and stories that have been used by everyone and their grandmother have been writing. Maybe if it bothers me and other people because it's 'similar' there wasn't enough there to actually make it engaging and unique experience in the first place. The execution is what makes a work a work so when it doesn't twist what it has into something interesting people moan about it.

Stories are illusions and if you notice and are bothered by something enough, the story didn't do it's job of distracting you and taking you into it's illusion. It's the execution that counts and like other people I find the lore and other things too convoluted. The gripe I have is that this comic has nothing I haven't seen before so when reading it I'm not surprised or interested in anything that happens. I'm always going 'seen it' and 'oh they're going to do this' or 'oh she's going to end up here and that character's going to do this'.

First Volume was mostly confusing and dull. Second volume was still somewhat confusing, but a bunch of interesting shit happened, so I didn‘t mind anymore.

The series still has a hold over me for reasons I can‘t explain. Maybe it‘s the art or specific parts of the world building.
Maybe it‘s just the fact that X-23 comics lost their edge.

Either way, I‘m along for the ride for the time being.

I really loved the arc on the island that is made of a gods dead body. Some nice horror elements in it.
Not an arguement cause some webcomics are better written than shit published

Yeah. I mean I've read Lord of The Rings which has tons of that. Exposition isn't inherantly bad

>Point 1: Maybe blatant is a little extreme, but the only guys in the story are either douchebags, rich douchebags, or slaves/prisoners.
Blatantly wrong and it's obvious you just injected politics that isn't there to get mad about it

The Imuras may be rich, but they are also total badasses

Huh, this plot sounds EXACTLY like Amulet, which also has god-tier art

>How is a monster derived from Egyptian mythology living inside a one-armed demigod fugitive on the run from a techno-magical matriarchy not interesting?

This argument is shit. Just because something is outlandish doesn't mean ur cant be boring. You can use high-concept material to cover up poorly executed basic storytelling principles. I bet you defended James Gunn when he said Guardians 2 isn't safe

Kippa
Art
The first volume is really cheap for the amount of pages you get.

I still get a tickle from "nekomancer"

I read issue 1 and loved it. I'm kinda scared to continue because she might've fucked it up from there. Also, alot of shit got done in ish 1

The 2nd trade is better than the first

>The 2nd trade is better than the first
This. If the next few issues wear you down, just push through it.

The female lead is just female, not biggest character point - being female and not being cheesecake like asian female mcs tend to be.