Bendis In Action Comics after #1000

Bleeding Cuck seems to think he’ll be on Action. Also Priest got offered a position as head of Bat-editorial but turned it down.
>DC Comics has said goodbye to some people and hello to others. So how is everything looking right now? There appears to be a little game of musical chairs taking place. We’re told that DC is the most understaffed it has been in quite a long time — though that still means it’s much heavier staffed than Marvel in comparison.
>Eddie Berganza‘s departure will leave co-editor of the Dark Nights: Metal title and Rebecca Taylor editing the comic event solo — after which she is expected to become a full editor on the Justice League books.
>Replacing Berganza as Group Editor on the Superman books will be Brian Cunningham, ex-Wizard editor, current Justice League Group Editor and editor on Doomsday Clock — and we can expect Brian Michael Bendis to join the Superman titles, expecting to taking over as lead writer post-Action Comics #1000.
>The Batman group of titles still don’t have a group editor after Christopher Priest turned the job down, but Chris Conroy or Jamie Rich are expected to take hold of the horns at some point.
>But as one seat is filled, another is emptied. Expect a number of further changes to tumble out in the run up to Christmas.
Why couldn’t you Batfags take the fall for us?

because king wants to be on batman for 100 issues and tynion wants to be on 'tec until #1000

They should have given him All-Star Batman then. It would be perfect for him.
>Quasi-canon so Bendis can do his own shit
>Snyder is done and no one seems to be set to replace him
>Bendis is best with street stuff
Superman is basically all the things Bendis is awful at. Cosmic, high powered, happily married. It’s going to be a train wreck.

What the fuck is the point of Batman being the most popular character ever if he can’t draw Bendis away?

>>The Batman group of titles still don’t have a group editor after Christopher Priest turned the job down, but Chris Conroy or Jamie Rich are expected to take hold of the horns at some point.
What’s up with the Batoffice why don’t they have an editor? Good on Priest for turning them down, I want him writing.

doyle left to do be vertigo editor

Also I think king and the editor after doyle butted heads about who should've drawn the proposal issue

>>The Batman group of titles still don’t have a group editor after Christopher Priest turned the job down, but Chris Conroy or Jamie Rich are expected to take hold of the horns at some point.
I love Priest

He's said before that he was a shitty editor, and was much better in the writing offices.

I hope at least Tomasi stays on Superman and Super Sons.

>Fuck Batman

Based Priest

Hopefully this means Steel will get a bigger focus and Clark and Lois will adopt a black kid

If that man baby writes 1000.

I quit comics.

I mean we all saw Bendis on Supes coming right? Wonder who the art'll be.

Like that's the one he hasn't done.

>we got both kinds, DC and Marvel

It clearly says AFTER #1000, user. Plus, the solicits hint that it's gonna be Tomasi and Jurgens as the main writers of #1000, as one might expect.

>ACTION COMICS #1000, written by Pete Tomasi and Dan Jurgens, will be published as a special, oversized edition featuring an all-star talent line-up writing back-up stories, including a story co-written by Geoff Johns and Superman film director, Richard Donner.

So smart. He's giving Deathstroke and JL his all right now, and editing a high-profile family like the Bat-books is a thankless middle-management slog in this day and age.

Honestly, I can't wait to see what Bendis does with Superman. It'll either somehow be good, or it'll be an America-level trainwreck and we'll get to witness Mark Waid's delicious tears.

Since Bendis had a MRSA infection last week, wonder if that will affect action comics. Maybe we'll get a fill in arc before he starts.

You kidding me? Waid wanted Superman to grow up in the city because he thinks farmers are too racist. He'd LOVE a Bendis-penned Superman.

>The Batman group of titles still don’t have a group editor after Christopher Priest turned the job down, but Chris Conroy or Jamie Rich are expected to take hold of the horns at some point.

Wasn't this the whole reason Doyle agreed to move to California? I feel like that's still a better gig than over seeing Vertigo or whatever the fuck he's doing now

Did they boot off that cuck Andy Khouri yet?

When are next solicits? They should have info on #1001.

Not as an editor you don't. Priest the editor was persnickety and intrusive.

Well, he was reponsible for this, so he wasn't all bad.

week after next, guessing we get news on Action 1000 and the new writer on Thursday or Friday tho

On Christmas?

No I mean on the 18th

Only way I see this play out:

Jurgens takes over Superman proper. Tomasi keeps writing Super Sons.

Action Comics becomes a team-up again like it did when Byrne first took over it. It will be reduced to containment book status: Bendis having Superman doing one-off adventure stories with other heroes that don't matter in the long term.

It explicitly stated to Bendis that he has ZERO say over the direction of the book/him being Jurgans and Tomasi's bitch and Bendis being stuck with an editor who WILL rewrite his shit, without his permission if necessary, to prevent Bendis from fucking shit up and forcing Jurgans and co to fix it.

No; most likely they will canonize Pete Ross being black for Bendis. Also, fully expect Lana to go insane evil because Bendis an evil shit who fucking HATES red heads, because the hot red heads he knew in high school refused to fuck him

>It explicitly stated to Bendis that he has ZERO say over the direction of the book/him being Jurgans and Tomasi's bitch and Bendis being stuck with an editor who WILL rewrite his shit, without his permission if necessary, to prevent Bendis from fucking shit up and forcing Jurgans and co to fix it.

>he actually believes this will happen

Looks like he will for the time being. Frankly I don’t see him ever leaving Super-Sons, that book plays to his strengths and interests. It also lets him play with the Superman and Batman sandbox.

Fun fact: the black guy who played Pete Ross on Smallville is currently doing several decades worth of prison time after he got caught being part of a major drug syndicate that was supplying Hollywood with dope.

Why would DC let an old washed up hack like Jurgens and a literally who like Tomasi do whatever the fuck they want with their latest superstar hire?

>explicitly stated to Bendis that he has ZERO say over the direction of the book/him being Jurgans and Tomasi's bitch and Bendis being stuck with an editor who WILL rewrite his shit, without his permission if necessary
Are we playing pretend? Because this isn’t happening.

I’m torn because on one hand I’ve always wanted someone to flesh out Metropolis and Bendis could do that. He prefers street stuff. On the other hand though, his writing would not suit Superman at all.

DC only now has unfucked Superman. And Bendis traditionally sells for shit and has, ever since the Avengers, relied on every cheap gimmick in the book to artificially boost his sales.

I don't fucking see DC going the Marvel route of tier based pre-order variant covers only for Action Comics, or Bendis getting his pick of big named artists or even him getting multiple crossovers to boost sales that also single handedly kill off rival franchises (like how House of M kneecapped the X-Men).

He starts shit? He'll get the Chuck Austen treatment and won't even be allowed to wrap up his shit. They'll let Priest or Jurgans take over the book and wrap up his shit, and probably do so in a way that gives Bendis a public "fuck you bitch" insult on the way out the door (like they did Austen).

>he GENUINELY believes this
Oh my word, the denial is strong with this one.

>Priest got offered a position as head of Bat-editorial but turned it down
Thank god for that. If he's too lazy to read a single GL's run then there's no way he should be head of an entire editorial section.
>Brian Michael Bendis to join the Superman titles, expecting to taking over as lead writer post-Action Comics #1000.
Tomasi and Gleason will be able to stop him doing insane shit like turning Jon trans or Clark and Lois getting a divorce right guys? RIGHT?

Why do people always associate Bendis with tranny shit when he has literally never even tackled the subject

On one hand that user is an idiot if he thinks DC isn’t going to give Bendis a lot of freedom. On the other hand he’s not going to have the same amount of power at DC that he had at Marvel, for the simple reason that Snyder and King are the golden boys right now.

>He starts shit? He'll get the Chuck Austen treatment and won't even be allowed to wrap up his shit.
I-I want to believe you so much user. But I also can't believe that Bendis would've agreed to jump ship to DC unless they made him some insane promises in a Morrison "not allowed to be edited" type of deal.

Jurgans is their Chris Claremont.

His run with Superman defined it for a generation of vocal fans, who remember it fondly and who actively buy his shit whenever he gets allowed near Superman again. And after single handedly saving Superman AGAIN, there is rumors that Jurgans has made it clear he wants to be treated with the respect/given the power he deserves. Especially since his Superman has outsold Bendis' last couple of years worth of output.

Also, Tomasi has been a pet writer of DiDio for over a decade.

Given the choices, I can easily see them not taking Bendis's shit telling him and DC as much. Especially since Bendis is too fucking polarizing to begin with.

They might just walk from the book, let Bendis shit all over it and kill the sales, and then refuse to come back to fix the mess Bendis made, meaning Superman enters another sales dark age.

It's was an exaggerated example.

Looking at Marvel exec shuffle it seems Bendis saw trouble and jumped to DC as a life raft.

Bendis should not be allowed to write Metropolis. He'd make it the second coming of Hell on Earth ala Hub City, rather than the bright and shiney and hopeful counterpart to Gotham City.

>Replacing Berganza as Group Editor on the Superman books will be Brian Cunningham
Is this a good or bad thing?

>Jurgans is their Chris Claremont.
Pfffttt
>His run with Superman defined it for a generation of vocal fans
Hahahahahahahaa
>And after single handedly saving Superman AGAIN
Holy shit you're killing me user hahahahaha

source?

>tynion wants to be on 'tec until #1000

Like DC making exclusive means they had the upper hand not allowing him to write Marvel.

You have no idea who Dan Jurgens is, do you, Sup Forums crossposter?

Good point. Still Metropolis isn’t a utopia, Intergang and Lex Luthor are there after all. But it should be a mix of Star Trek Utopia and Blade Runner Cyberpunk. Like the Citadel from Mass Effect. I’ve been hoping someone will come along and give it some love.
Bleeding Cuck so take it with a grain of salt. It matches up with Bendis’ comments about wanting to write Superman though.

Tomasi's Superman is selling better than Action Comics. Unless Jurgens has some strong internal politics favoring him, if anyone gets removed from the books, it'd be him.

One of the faggots from Bkeeding Cool. Jude Terror or the one who is going around POZing unsuspecting fags at comic conventions

They MIGHT do the variant thing, I wouldn't rule that out (since they've done it for some things like DK3). But it wouldn't be DK3 level or even Marvel level if they know what's good for them.

I do want to see if Bendis still maintained a huge enough following after the last five years of his Marvel work, and if his writing being the way it was was due to him, or due to bad oversight/bad projects given to him. My impression is that DC is quicker to fix things than Marvel.

That's like less than a year, dude.

That guy's not Sup Forums. He genuinely believes this, and is the same guy who does those fake insider threads.

the only person who should write for superman is...ME

The last two movies used Jurgens plots.

>Hating on based Khouri

>Richard Donner.
Why not Goyer? Or Snyder? Stop living in the passed, people.

>Lobdell
>Daniels
>Tomasi
>Jurgens
Superman has been shit for a while. What harm would another bad run attached to him even cause?

Because Richard Donner gave Geoff Johns his start, and cowrote Superman with him before.

Khouri's a shit and pretty much a predator like good old Eddie B. He's going to be the death of DC once people start finding out about his habit of sexually harassing male interns, something Bleeding Cool has been covering up in order to protect the worthless faggot.

If that's the only thing you can see then you're blind as fuck man

At least he's a good editor unlike the rest of DC editors.
>Harassing male interns
There's....nothing wrong in this.

>Fun fact: the black guy who played Pete Ross on Smallville is currently doing several decades worth of prison time after he got caught being part of a major drug syndicate that was supplying Hollywood with dope.
Nigga, he was released like 5 years ago

Didn't Austen only get that treatment because he refused to use a penname? Bendis, despite what people seem to think, doesn't have the reputation of his very name being sales poison like Austen did.

Don't pretend that you're above complimenting twink boipussy when you see it.

you think the super-family will survive Bendis?

I feel like Jurgens is more their PAD than their Claremont.

>Jurgens is their Chris Claremont
Hahahahahaha

And chloe and Lana got heavy into a branding sex cult.

I dunno what Tom Welling is up to nowadays, but it can't be as bad as this shit.

That's how you know is the actual Sup Forums poster that doesn't read comics

Nigger writers do exclusives for their own benefit it means salary over per page payment and company paid benefits rather than needing to budget for their own insurance and such.

I know Austen sold badly at DC but how well did he sell when he was at Marvel?

PAD has 2 iconic DC runs though

>Why couldn’t you Batfags take the fall for us?
honestly, he couldve, SHOULDVE, been on detective comics. its all batfamily 'cousins' and batwoman and shit and bendis can do what he wants with that. i really like action comics and im bummed about this

His X-Men run sold better than Claremont's XXM and the previous Joe Casey run. But he was also double shipped for the bulk of the run plus had a 25 cent issue to hype/promote X-Men 2.

His first War Machine series did very well, but there was a novelty of a super cheap B&W weekly type book. The sequel, which was in full color and monthly, was universally rejected and reviled and sold for shit.

His fill-in work on Exiles also sold poorly, but that was due to it being outright filler that Austen wrote explicitly to allow Marvel to drag out publishing the last 4-5 issues Judd Winnick wrote before bailing for DC.

But his Avengers run was a complete and total sales flop (even with another 25 cent issue to launch his run) and pretty much was what got him forced out.

He should have just stuck to doing his smut books. They weren't bad

Welling stopped acting all together. He's now a director, working for CW directing various TV shows for them as payment for his loyalty to the network and letting them drag out Smallville for as long as they did

He went back to tv and is now reaping the benefits of Stephen Universe being a thing.

If Bendy does shit, will DC pull him off of the book or would they leave him on like Marvel?

Nigger he's on Lucifer. Does anyone on Sup Forums have any idea what they're talking about?

Pull him from the book. DC has gotten as far as they have after sinking so low, by listening to fans and more to the point, they don't have to put up with Bendis's bullshit in any shape or form.

Worse case scenario is that they start heavily rewriting his stuff and let other writers speak publicly about Bendis trying to screw them over. Force him to quit

Khouri is going to Vertigo with Doyle.

If Bendis sells fine, DC won't care if people scream about what's doing.

They need that many editors for Astro City?

They really seem to be keen on having a relaunch of stuff in 2018 for the 25th anniversary, but they have only announced 6 issues OC mini's so far

ignore I am guessing he is also the idiot that posted DC just signed him to a exclusive contract and his run will sell like hotcackes, coming right after action 1000.

Bendis writes another journalist comic news at 11

Don't you know? Muh opinions > Facts is the new norm in America.

Nigger, they've had Snyder, Tomasi, Tynion and Jurgens writing for them. What makes you think they care for quality? It's Superman and will sell like an average Superman comic.

I’m interested to see just how popular Bendis actually is. I wonder if any Marvelfags will follow him to DC.

Does anybody like Bendis?

>Snyder, Tomas
I love how quickly Sup Forums turned on these two. I remember when people gushed over Snyder’s Tec and Swamp Thing runs and Tomasi’s Robin and GLC runs. You’re still a faggot because Super Sons is one of the best comics out there. It’s got dark and light storylines and actual development for both Jon and Damien.

Contrary to what Sup Forums continuously states, he's easily one of the biggest writers in comics. Books floated by on his name alone and casuals actually like it.

While I'm at it, they're also fans of Land.

I’d say yes because his runs sold well. You could argue that’s because of the great artists he has, or how he panders to MCUcks. If he’s on Superman it will be interesting. He can’t pander to cinematic fags because people don’t like the DCEU, and I’m not sure what artist he’ll get. I know most of his old Marvel artists are staying at Marvel.

Fuck it would be hilarious and Bendis was given some who cares title like "Jaime Reyes Blue Bettle", "Cyborg", or "Superwoman"?

He's still somewhat of a name when he's on big titles. But his star power isn't as big as it was back in the 00's and it may have been harmed by the last few years of his Marvel work.

So is the Superman editor someone that can reign in Bendis?