Linda Danvers

I've been going through some wikis lately and rediscovered this character. What's the Sup Forumsnsensus?

Unnessecary and ultimately pointless to the history of the character Supergirl that only served to move the concept further from the center of what the character should be about: the original cousin of Superman, Kara Zor-El. I think DC has learned now that people only really care about these core characters and their relationships to each other and not these superfluous spinoffs that end up going nowhere. Also I hate the white belly shirt look, Supergirl looks best in blue.

She's PAD shit and I don't get near that stuff

Sup Forums used to love this series, I doubt many here now have read it. But it's great.

While I agree a lot of the concept of the post-Crisis Supergirls are bad, the comics themselves make up for it.

Those Linda Danvers comics are pants-on-head Silver Age bonkers, which I can appreciate, but I just can't bother myself to give two shits about a 'Supergirl' that's NOT Kara Zor-El.

I'm a 90s fag so I have a soft spot for her. She didn't get enough development when she was Matrix dating Lex Luthor, and the PAD run went downhill insanely fast, although he pulled a good move depowering her, he was the only person loving that Earth-Angel business.

I'm in the camp of thinking Superman *should* actually be the only Kryptonian survivor, and I think Post-Crisis did a good job of building a supporting cast of heroes that Superman took under his wing/adopted into his "family." Supergirl having the exact same origin as Superman always seemed like lazy sidekick-itis (see: Wally West).

A character too overcomplicated despite her derivative origins, that she was doomed never to be popular. Boner inducing, but not a good character.

It's a pretty good prequel to Fallen Angel.

>he was the only person loving that Earth-Angel business.
Even PAD didn't like it that much. He spent pretty much the entirety of his run trying to convince DC that it'd just be a better idea to reintroduce Kara, which they only wound up doing when he proved it was viable with Many Happy Returns.

I sort of want her and Cir-El to come back and join the superfamily as support characters.

She shouldn't be the supergirl, that should be Kara, but the Super legacy is big enough for her and I like big superhero families. It's a crime that Batman's got to keep his Batfamily but Superman loses everyone who isn't Steel and Jon.

A fun series could be made of her, Cir-El, and Peej sharing their fucked up identity issues and supporting each other.

What would you call LInda/Matrix if not Supergirl I think Earth Angel could work as a codename. Cir-El would need something though.

>Superman loses everyone who isn't Steel and Jon

This pisses me off so much. Batman gets an army of robins, all his batgirls, Alfred and all the GCPD guys like Gordon and Montoya.

Superman has never really recovered from Byrne taking a hammer to what was then the largest superhero mythology ever.

Just let him get Rokyn without New Krypton getting destroyed. Let him get Chris and not have him be Zod's mindbroken brat. Let him take trips to visit the Legion

Just let Superman play with all the toys in his mythological toybox.

Linda>>>>>Kara
She is a more spiritual successor to pre crisis Supergirl than Kara.

What makes you say that?

I like post-crisis Linda and her origin but I hate Mae's origin. I also feel like they didn't do enough with pic related.

Speaking of volume 4 of Supergirl, I always found all the Comet stuff really, really strange. Although I'm sure everyone else feels the same way.

>What would you call LInda/Matrix if not Supergirl I think Earth Angel could work as a codename.
I say steal the name Flamebird

It was originally a Kryptonian hero/deity anyways

Peej, Earth Angel, and Flamebird fighting against Brainiac who wants to collect them as they're highly reactive with hypertime. He wants to use them to expand his collection opportunities to outside the multiverse and into hypertime.

Within hypertime they come across the Pre-Crisis multiverse (saved in Convergence).

Earth Angel finds it uncomfortably bizarre to find her husbando alive and well. Peej gets depressed seeing the old Earth-2 has its own Power Girl (just like in that Earth-2 universe she went to in Johns' JSA run) but is accepted by her opposite self as a multiversal sister.

Cir-El just wants revenge against Brainiac for using her and adopts the name Flamebird after getting heavy into Kryptonian culture in an effort to build an identity that isn't Brainiac's weapon.

Peej?

Power Girl.

I gotta say Kara's origin is lazy as hell, but I feel like a Supergirl that isn't Kryptonian is just wrong.

On the other hand, having a group of heroes that Superman inspired and raised as part of his family feels a lot closer to what DC is trying to make him now.

She's the best Supergirl.

Or at least, her's was the best comic called "Supergirl."

That sounds like a fun read. How would you reintroduce Cir-El and Linda into Prime (?) earth?

Rebirths shook up Superman's continuity when Superbro and Superdad merged.

Cir-El deleted herself from the time stream by jumping into a time portal. There's no reason Coach Borg can't find her floating in hypertime now that he can access it at will.

You can delete yourself from time, but not from hypertime.

According to wiki the last we saw of Linda she was dragged to Hell (how sad is that?). Superman's saved people from Hell before, no reason he can't do Linda a solid and do the same.

To further the gang having a stake against Brainiac one of the newest additions to his hypertime-unstable collection is Ariella Kent .

At the end of the series (like I'd ever get the chance to write for DC...) Linda uses Ariella's hypertime signature to enter the pre-crisis timeline where she married pre-crisis Superman and they live happily ever after safe from writers fucking with them .

That leaves Cir-El and Peej as team Not-Supergirl.

Cir-El would probably the hardest character to write a ending for. Peej has the JSA to hang out with whenever they get out of comic book limbo. Cir-El doesn't really have anyone but her not-dad Superman.

I sort of want Clark and Lois to adopt her and for her to be Jon's moody big sister.

And of course I link to the wrong post like a tard.

If Batman can have four sons I see absolutely no reason why Superman can't have a big family.

Jon, Chris, Cir-El, Kon, I think they could make a happy family.

Fuck, I just want Lois to have a daughter she can have a mother-daughter relationship with.

Chris-Zod's son

Cir-El-Brainiac's daughter

Kon-Lex's son

I think it's kind of neat that Superman's kids (besides Jon) have traumatic origins and are adopted by Superman just like he was adopted by the Kents.

Don't any of you fucking star making Supercuck jokes

Hot

>Jon will never protect Chris from Zod telling Zod that Chris is his brother and will never be his son

>Kon will never bond with Cir-El over being bio-weapons created to harm Superman before awkwardly courting her and starting a part human part Kryptonian part Brainiac branch of the Superman Dynasty family tree.

>Chris and Jon will never be friends with Billy Batson and the Marvel Family (which makes Damian hate Billy with a fiery passion).

Just fucking give us our extended Superman family already DC it's not fair that Batman can't keep one single Robin dead while Superman only gets to keep Jon.