Remember When is the lowest form of conversation

Remember When is the lowest form of conversation.
remember when Chef was a character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=upPQ1TNd8Ak
time.com/5044974/ashawnty-davis-10-year-old-suicide-bullying/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>remember when Kenny died all the time
I seriously miss that and I wish they'd bring it back. It'd be even funnier in these newer episodes that place a heavy emphasis on continuity.

I miss Chef being the voice of reason for the kids/a mentor, but that was out of their hands

I wonder how the new episodes would be if Chef was still in them.

Probably just a protagonist against racists.

man i just finnished the new game and i loved it, i dunno but i get an old episode feeling in this, with the cameos of old stuff and shit

I think a longer production cycle/not trying to hard to be on the pulse of what's in the news helps the games a lot. I don't mind episodes like that, but why not write a few here and there like how the games are done?

Interesting that after Chef was taken out the kids stopped acting like kids so much outside of playing elaborate games like Stick of Truth or Fractured But Whole. It's jarring going back to earlier seasons and having things like "Chef, what's a prostitute?" be seriously asked by the kids who don't know, in the context of hearing a friend be called that for doing anything like eating shit for money.

>Interesting that after Chef was taken out the kids stopped acting like kids so much
season 4 Cherokee hair tampons was the beginning of the end. Stan is the skeptic who is using adult arguments. sucks, the series goes on and will never be the same

I had always thought that they started acting mature after the movie, you know, having learned about the clit and such

This seems to happen with a lot of shows.

Stewie wanted to kill his mom and made inventions but still have the naivety of a baby, now he's just a sassy little man.

Bart and Lisa also seem way too smart for their own good in new episodes.

yea, looking the children acting like child was great, capitan diabetes was fucking good here

anybody else have those intros where Trey and Matt are at a Fireside Chat, Old Peoples Home, Old Western?

>still haven't played it because Steam version is shit
Being a Nintendofag is suffering.

man you are missing something, capitan diabetes was fucking good,

it's nowhere near as good as stick, don't worry too much user.

man it was way better, the story was not as comboluted and the gameplay surpased Sot by miles

>the story was not as comboluted
no it was more convoluted user.
I literally tuned out at the end with the mitch conner thing, it was drawn out for too long to be funny.
the gameplay was once again underwhelming, they could have done a lot more interesting shit

also it wasn't as charming, the kids are meant to be playing a game, why are we seeing real powers rather than the kids playing with random shit and pretending its powers?

youtube.com/watch?v=upPQ1TNd8Ak
love those

tree fiddy

Oooh

What is wrong with the stream version

>tfw can't get the old box sets anymore
>they're all the new shitty DVD cases

>tfw making love to the football
Chef really had the best moment-to-moment humor

Can the eras of south park be defined as chef, post-chef and 10ep season?

Remember when south park took equal shots at both conservatives and liberals?

member when south park didnt put 3 seasons worth of focus on politics and actually came up with funny original storylines?

they used those exact same names for trump and hillary

Yes, they made a comment about re-using jokes then dedicated 2+ seasons to re-using a joke.

Be self-aware about something long enough and it eventually turn into being genuine.

To be honest i like how they did it this season with more subtlety. Kenny's photo being on the "kids killed by distracted drivers" was great.

They didn’t spend episode after episode denouncing Bush and urging Americans to “destroy him”.

I remember when Kenny was a character at all.

Aside from his occasional Mysterion episode whats the last thing he even did? He's less important than fucking Tweek and Craig nowadays, yet they have the gall to keep showing things like he's one of the 4 main characters.

Stan isn't much better. It's just the Cartman and Kyle show now.

t. the Whites

say everybody

Remember when South Park was funny?

Yes, rewatch season 2 and you'll fall in love again

Remember when they actually acted like 8 year olds? Now all almost anyone ever talks about is dating and relationship drama like teenagers. Some of them are apparently even gay now, 3-5 years before even starting puberty! How incredibly progressive.

I'm frankly amazed all the kids aren't having sex already.

I remember when episodes wherent about what happened last week

10-year-olds can be gay, user. Childhood crushes exist. Just because nobody kissed you when you were 10 doesn't mean other kids don't do it.

>3-5 years before even starting puberty!
10 is old enough to masturbate in real life, which we have seen some of the boys do even
They do definitely act more like adults now and we'll never get another episode where they misinterpret something sexual, but I don't know where the fuck you got this idea that puberty doesn't start until 13

Season 2 sucks. Show only starts getting good around the tail end of season 3.

Tell me more about the rich, complex love life you had in 4th grade casanova. About all the breakups and rebounds and get-back-togethers and abusive power dynamics, threatened suicides and interventions that you experienced and explored inbetween fingerpainting classes.

No, you just like nu-South Park. They had actual creativity in their plots and dialogue (insults) in season 2. Tail end of season 3 they got way, way, way too topical. haha pokemon, honey boo boo, am I right?

What's so sad is most of their anger was they were being compared to Trump and how he was running his campaign.

>i'll take your argument, change it to what i want to, and argue against that
You've already lost.

is that Penn Jillette's voice?

10-year-olds don't have fingerpainting classes, dude. They do multiplication and long division.

Wasn't season 3 the one that got outsourced to external writers that M+T have hated forever?

Season 2 is lame though. Literally the only people who like that season are out of touch geezers who act like everything they watched when they were in middle school was the greatest shit ever.

Yeah yeah whatever, just tell me the story already! Tell me about the first time your 10 year old girlfriend threatened to kill herself if you broke up and your friends staged an interventions to make you break up with her because she was mentally abusing you.

>a 10-year-old boy dating a 10-year-old boy is equivalent to constant talk of suicide and regular interventions
Have you ever actually went to a school, or were you homeschooled and got all your ideas of high school from Degrassi episodes?

>we'll never get a Good Times with Weapons tier episode again

I think you're missing his point
all that suicide shit is what happened with eric and heidi this season, and he's saying that 10 year olds don't act like that in real life

But 10-year-olds do commit suicide in real life. Like that one black girl in the news. time.com/5044974/ashawnty-davis-10-year-old-suicide-bullying/

Have you actually just not watched the last season, yet are still rabidly defending it for some reason anyways?

It's been nothing but Heidi and Cartman dating and acting like they're in their mid 20s. Why do you keep trying to reduce it to just "No they're just innocently dating 10 year olds date you're just a loser if you weren't dating by 10".

How were they acting like they were in their mid-20s? Cartman was being a flip-flopping brat, and that rubbed on Heidi which made her become a spoiled brat too. Jesus, Sup Forums always harps about the kids not acting like kids when this board has no idea what kids nowadays are actually like.

Chef was the single reasonable adult in the town the kids trusted and looked to for guidance. They told him a number of times he was the only adult they trust. Real sweet stuff. But then everyone mentally grew up in a way. It definitely happened around season 4 or 5.

>this board has no idea what kids nowadays are actually like.
I don't think you've know what any kid has been like at any point in time. I also don't think you've watched the season at all, or likely any of the recent seasons based on how incredibly ignorant you are of literally everything that's happened in it.

Are you just angry at me about the comment I made about characters being gay before puberty and are thus going to attack every part of my posts you possibly can even if it requires you to be completely irrational and ignore everything about both the show and reality?

>tfw 10 year olds all have smartphones now
>tfw kids probably actually decide who they become friends with based on how many instagram followers they have

You crazy, m8. That user was just arguing, not making a personal attack on your very existence.

I never said you (yes you, no need to pretend to be another person) was attacking my existence, I said you're attacking every part of my post because you're offended at my comment about Tweek and Craig. Get over it fag.

No fucking 9 and 10 year olds have ever talked and acted like Cartman and Heidi. They aren't "just dating", 9 year olds don't fucking say things like "We need to have proper communication for this relationship to work and for us to have constructive understanding of each other" because they're fucking 9 year olds. Dumbass.

wasn't me, dude. But he's right that you do sound crazy. Besides, Heidi was said to be one of the smartest kids in their grade, and smart 10-year-olds would know how to say things like that. Only a retarded 10-year-old wouldn't know what "proper communication" means.

knowing what words mean =/= using them in every day conversation

I don't know what your agenda is or what you're upset about but the simple fact is the characters do not act like actual kids any more and the show is significantly less entertaining than in the past. You're the one who brought up Degrassi, and yeah that's a good comparison. They're acting like characters from Degrassi.

South Park has turned into a shitty teen romance drama except the teens are 4th graders, and there's hamfisted political complaining trying to masquerade as satire in every episode.

You sound as if you have rectal pain, my friend. Please calm down.

>tfw my niece could use her mother's smartphone before she could talk

No you're butthurt.

See I can give shitty, petty comebacks too.

I actually think it splits into 5's pretty well until the last few seasons.

Post season 5 they were phasing Chef out and began focusing on the parents and developing the classmates a lot more.

Post season 10 obviously Chef is dead and the kids grow up mentally (for better or worse)

Post season 15 it feels like they start getting bored of writing the kids as children and they start loosing touch with pop culture. They also loose at lot of their edge thanks to internet culture desensitizing most people.

Uplay is required to play it.

>Remember When is the lowest form of conversation.
You wish.

There's no reason to care about that
>but muh DRM
It's fucking steam in the first place.

If you listen to the DVD commentary minies on the early seasons (

they're all on the south park website now, up to like S17 I think

No that's season 2, while they were working on the movie. By the time season 3 rolled around the movie was more or less finished and set to air 2 months later.

AWESOM-O & Good times with weapons are always my favorites.
Now SP has 3 seasons of a hate-boner for Trump.
Give me Ms. Garrison anytime.
At least she had better lines, probably the funniest scenes in the entire show.

Why do so many people on this board always get some butthurt about Tweek and Craig?
All they do is hold hands, I got into SP last week and I assumed from the way you guys describe it that they were having sex and crap.

because they're suddenly canon in a show with a decades old shipping community

Wasn't that the joke though?

They're a couple in the game and get a yaoi special attack.

To some it overstayed its welcome
other people just appreciate tweek and craig being cute
When we had a poll like a week ago the most popular ship in these threads was creek by far so it's hard to tell if the complaining is a vocal minority or what

holding hands is the 10yo equivalent of sex

I know, I checked that too and in the main story they don't actually hold hands either plus their dialogue is just a stronger form of Stan/Wendy's.

That yaoi attack is just a parody of fujobait, plus more hand holding.

uplay isnt the drm
uplay is the bullshit account you have to sign up for to play single-player ubisoft games

Nah, you being a retard is suffering, you can easily bypass all the bs the Steam version has.

Aside from overstaying its welcome, they kind of destroyed the joke by removing 99% of the ambiguity of whether they were an actual couple.

So? It's fucking nothing.
I said DRM because that's what was pointed out to me as the issue with uplay before.

Well that's kind of the thing - it's not even a joke anymore, it's an actual relationship played straight
which means that scenes that focus on them don't actually have many jokes, instead it's just regular relationship dialogue
I understand why some people don't like that in their south park

It may be nothing to you but some people don't want it on their PC.

Which in istelf was sort of funny when it was ambiguous, you know, 2 10 year old pretending to be a couple and getting into real couples' argument. But at this point there's been so much of it that as you say it's gone from joke to straight up relationship drama.
Like the fetch quest involving the both of them in the game, it's painfully unfunny and probably the worst paced part of the game, because it's played straight by basically everyone without absurdity to juxtapose it to.

Don't be a faggot and pirate the fucking thing.

That's fine (even if I see no reason for it) but pretending you're "suffering" because you don't want to register an account is some bullshit. You made a choice between playing a game and a minute inconvenience, you don't get to complain that you can't play the game because you wanted to look like the hip anti-corporation kids on Sup Forums despite using steam.

Kenny and Jimmy would like to differ.

>equivalent of sex
>in a show where 10 year olds and even toddlers have had sex

Just pirate it man

Post more 10/10 episodes

recently been rewatching the entire show from the beginning, haven't seen first seasons in more than a decade just started season 4, these are my favorites so far:

s1 Death
s1 Mr Hankey the Christmas Poo
s1 Mecha Streisand
s2 City on the Edge of Forever
s3 Sexual Harassment Panda
s3 Chinpokomon
s3 Are You There God? It's Me Jesus
s4 Timmy 2000

So? Matt and Trey probably think seasons 20 and 21 are actually good.

This is why they're writing these shitty episodes. So that people will stop saying asinine shit like "south park conservative" However in order to stop the trend they're just creating "south park liberals"

How much of the stuff you've created 20 years ago you would actually, honestly consider good today?
Taste changes and evolves. If they would consider S2 to be great, they would probably try to make new episodes similar to it. Which, as you've probably noticed, they don't

>mid 20s

you don't talk to a lot of humans huh

All while being wrong!

Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society