This was literally the best Batman series hands down

This was literally the best Batman series hands down.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sVJt6Q1j7H0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck yeah it is.

What I love even more is that it is connected to the DCAU.

BMTAS,SM,JL, & Static Shock.

I do not believe that it was the best, but it did have quite an enjoyable incarnation of Batman. So while I respectfully disagree with your opinion, i believe in its validity.

That's not even questionable. It had the best setting, best action, and best waifus.

>annoying female sidekick and boring as fuck love interest hogging up the screentime
>lame villains (Blight and Shriek are the only memorable ones)
No.

Setting tied with batnoir BTAS. Stories...best of BB ties with best of BTAS. Character development, the win goes to BTAS for not killing every villain in 20 minutes and developing some of them. Overall I'm going to call it a tie.

>A world where you could have a Virtual Reality pod that was powered from the very limits of your imagination and a Stepford Waifu Printing Machine

This world sounds perfect

>Inque
>not memorable

Nigga.

The pod fucked you up, though. That one guy was going through hard withdrawal by the end.

How can people believe this in earnest when we got the Brave and the Bold?

How I determine if I like a show is I ask myself if it left me wanting another season. If given the Choice between giving Brave and the Bold another season and Batman Beyond, I'd choose Brave and the bold hands down everytime

Brave and the Bold was trash.

The only way for this statement to be true is if your name is "the Brave and the Bold"

For the premise of "Teenage Batman in the Future" we got a very good show when we could have easily gotten something terrible.

BATB is the best DC show, Beyond is the best Batman show

>Max
>Annoying
Off yourself

Inque only got three episodes, but she made them count. Terry barely escapes with his life whenever they tangle, outside assistance being the only reason he does so. And no matter how many times she "dies", she always survives for another round.

>That episode where Terry fights a man who can phase through objects with his new device
>Device malfunction and he's unable to stop phasing through thing, eventually falling through the floor and presumably to the center of the Earth
>Terry tries his best to save him but there's literally nothing he can do
Holy shit.

For fucks sake, someone post it.

This show went to some intresting places. I wonder what happened to that dude. Did he just stay in the center or go through the earth and is now drifting through space? Does he need, Can he eat, in intangible mode?

On a unrelated note, I kinda hated that they just tossed Melanie/Eleven to the side-side character and never really used their family again, except for one episode later on where she appeared for 2 minutes and only asks how Terry is doing and if he got her letter.

Inque even shows up a 4th time

She just made the mistake of trying to take Superman hostage (he was disguised at the time though)

>I kinda hated that they just tossed Melanie/Eleven to the side-side character and never really used their family again
You mean Ten, and the reason is that she was done with criminal shit and wanted to go straight, so no more reason to focus on her or the Royal Flush Gang.

>Did he just stay in the center or go through the earth and is now drifting through space?
Since he was affected by gravity he probably sank to the center of the Earth

The question is did he have to die of hunger or thirst or did he just die in magma

Doesn't really count as she wasn't the main villain of the episode.

Oh my bad, its been a while since I watched the show.

Still, I wanted to see more of her with Terry after becoming rehabilitated, meeting friends/family and stuff. If she was done with criminal stuff, there shouldn't be a issue anymore right?
MC/Villian has always kinda been a niche for me. Spiderman and Blackcat, Catwoman and Batman, Deku and Toga.

shit batman and worst rogue gallery

>That episode where a man is buried alive but melds into the earth
>they go down and find his scary as fuck body.

>Batman is a symbol, anyone can become him
>Lol just kidding actually Terry is Batman because he’s Bruce’s secret son via Cadmus and only someone of Batman’s bloodline can be Batman
Timm is a hack

It's my personal favorite but it's not without flaw. Max is annoying and Terry having no established Joker type arch enemy are my biggest issues.

That was the best part though. Fuck Joker wank.

I don't want THE Joker but Terry never got his own big bad/defining villain. Blight sort of, but he was a jobber.

Is Batman ill the best dub?

youtube.com/watch?v=sVJt6Q1j7H0

The thing is that his rogues aren't as comparably memorable compared to the original Batman. All I can remember is that most of them were petty thieves with certain gimmicks, and the ones who weren't often weren't recurring villains. Even Blight was done after the first season, and it felt like a strange choice since he was one of the few personal villains Terry had, which could've elevated him to the level of Bruce's rogues.

It didn't help that Blight was killed off at the end of season fucking 1

Yeah they did a "OOoooOOoo he might be back!" thing with it but it was literally his much less interesting son for the rest of the series who wasn't even much of a villain in his own right

Holy shit this is actually pretty funn. Thanks for posting it.

Seems like they weren't expecting to get a Season 2 and so they made sure Blight was not just killed but left literally unable to be any kind of threat as a way to end Terry's revenge storyline for good.

Then the show got renewed and they realized bringing Blight back after all that would undercut Terry's development, so he remained dead.

Come on. It was funny as hell but I don't look to DC or Marvel to laugh. I mean sure Brave and the Bold Aquaman warmed my heart and tickled my soul but Batman TAS and Beyond have to be ranked above that show.

Er, OP, I think you put the wrong pic in there...

No.

Can we just stop arguing which one is the best and accept that all of Batman cartoons are varying degrees of good?
Even the 2004 one which was easily the worst wasn't offensively bad most of the time.

Why not? Bruce Wayne gets too old to keep up as Batman so he builds a futuristic muscle tech suit to allow him to keep fighting crime, then some delinquent ends up taking up the mantle instead and Bruce advises him through a headset the whole time. What's not to like?

Actually it would probably have been even better if it was about old Bruce wearing the suit and struggling to be Batman in the future, but still.

Fair enough. Batman has a better record than Spidey, at least.

Batman Beyond was an awesome blend of superhero stories in a cyberpunk adventure setting. You had megacorps, transhuman freaks, violent youth gangs who fight against THE MAN, corporate espionage, rogue A.I.s, the next step of human evolution, daily random acts of terrorism, a powerful government spying on its own citizens with infiltrator robots or the military doing whatever it needs to do in the name of security, brain uploads and whatever.

Yup. Watching Ultimate Spider-Man makes me feel like I'm losing braincells. I don't even want to start the new show out of fear that it could be as bad.

...That is certainly defensible. I think I could agree.

>best action
That goes to The Batman.

for me it did the best possible ending for Bruce. After everything he been through it all stays the same.

we almost had Marvel 2099 too, of it wasn't for Fox's hard cunt bitch who hated arad and lee, and wanted to prune Fox kids

I always prefer the originally TAS

That unfunny parody garbage that copied every comic book cliche without understanding why they were good and without bothering to make them good?
That Adam West wannabe cartoon who wasn't even funny, charming and creative like the Aquabats?

That garbage full of recycled cliches on cliches that every pseudo-writer from the 60s,70s,80s kept trying to push on the DC 90s Batman animated series in order to make it as immature and stupid as possible?
That limp-dick corny trash with no gusto, no badassery, no dignity, no humour, no self-respect, arrogance issues, pretentious issues?

There are people who actually enjoyed that self-absorbed cheesy trash? It felt like Dr Who and He-Man had a love baby who then learned from its retarded brothers how to be a stuck-up stubborn unfunny geek pretending to be more than he is: Ben 10 Alien Force, Green Lantern CGI, Star Wars CGI, Secret Saturdays season 2, and some other garbage where they enjoy talking like uneducated geeks for half the episode to fill up the time.

It wasn't even made for children to enjoy because it was pretentious, it was arrogant, hypocritical, stupid and above all it was playing the "You can't criticize me card" like TTGO and nuPPG do. Except TTGO is actually funny once in a blue moon.

They like good shows.

>Lol edgy!
>Isn't actually actually any edgier than any of the other DC shows and is actually far less edgy than most mature cartoons based off a book.

>not appreciating the Cyberpunk setting

I remember it as Bruce just watching him phase through the surface to the planet's core.
Bruce become quite brutal compared to his younger self.
I imagine magma wouldn't effect him since he phases through everything, he probably died from dehydration after going blind first.

Who wwere the "incomplete transformation" guy and "Buried alive for years"?

The first guy had a hopeless crush on Inque and helped her escape prison on the condition that he make him into a shapeshifter like her. She obliged... partway.

The second guy was a businessman who (supposedly) got betrayed by his partner and buried alive with toxic waste, becoming a geomancer as a result until Batman crused his remains.

I think Batman Beyond did Monster of the Week right.

The plots were more important than the just the villain himself. When they did come back, it was because it would make for a good story, and not the other way around.

They didn't just make BTAS: Cyberpunk edition, they actually went out of their way to make a show with a completely different tone and feel.

For me, the most lasting message from Beyond is: your actions have consequences. Every big event has a believable fallout. I mean, the show starts from that very premise: Bruce giving up being the Bat because picking up a gun has compromised his ability to continue as the Bat, and in turn, Gotham turned into a Megacorp-ruled shit hole.

This theme is repeated in every single episode: the villains all become what they are through some unintended consequence, and then meet their end almost always by something of their own doing.

>Bruce giving up being the Bat because picking up a gun has compromised his ability to continue as the Bat
Bruce gave up being Batman because his health and especially his heart was getting worse and worse with age. The gun was simply the point where he realized he was literally too old for this shit and had to stop.

Sure, but if he hadn't resorted to using a gun he might've kept the cowl for a bit longer. I think the point is: he couldn't be the Batman forever, and that was the point he realized that.