What does Sup Forums think of the Arkham games?

What does Sup Forums think of the Arkham games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EMjMKwKu9rQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Could have had a better villain for the ending

Only played Asylum and City but they're great. Really makes you feel like Batman.
In all seriousness they're good. I can see why people are annoyed that its combat system gets reused over and over in other games, but it gets reused for a reason. Shit's fun.

Knight was so incredibly mediocre.
>Joker AGAIN
>Jason Todd
>Tim/Babs shipping
>No good boss battles
>No Nightmare Scarecrow battles
>The Batmobile sucks ass
It was fun until everyone started copying it. Now it’s braindead and repetitive. The shit boss battles show the limits of the system.

Asylum had the best atmosphere
City had the best gameplay
Origins had the best story (despite the Joker wank)
Knight had the best visuals

This.

But seriously they lost their fucking minds with Knight. Joker everywhere despite people complaining about the Jokerwank and that fucking batmobile.

The batmobile was certainly the monkeys paw of AK. It was fun for what it was, but either Rocksteady or WB decided they needed to focus over half the game around it to justify its inclusion. Had it just been an option to traverse around Gotham and not a forced tank sequence every other mission, it would have been great.

But more than that, they really screwed the pooch with Jason. Everyone called it, and they flat out lied before release saying otherwise. Unless of course WB made it a last minute change considering Jason's popularity, who knows? Really Rocksteady missed a chance to create their own Batman villain, one that could have had the chance to migrate over into main canon if done well.

Origins didn't have the best story but it was fun.

I think all of them, short of MAYBE origins, have really piss poor writing. Like shockingly bad characterizations of almost everyone. The plots of AC and Knight in particular are honestly insulting.

As far as actual games go though:
>Asylum is good
>City is great
>Origins is solid
>Knight is crap
The batmobile actively ruined the game. They forced it into every fucking level and all the drone shit was a complete slog. The Robin team up level was the sole time I was actually having a great time playing AK. The DLC is particularly offensive too, each "chapter" lasted 15 minutes tops.

It really pisses me off that 4 games in and we still don't have a real co-op option too. Origins did a really half assed attempt at it, but Rocksteady was so far up their own ass, they didn't even bother. Those AK diaries where they acted like they were making the most revolutionary shit since Super Mario 64 really pissed me off.

Great gameplay but as soon as City came out it got less interested in telling A Batman story and more interested in telling THE Batman story

loved Asylum and City.
Trying to get through Knight right now.
The car is a problem just because it takes me away from the brilliant combat system they've used before.

My main problem was RS shoving Joker down our throat most of AK just to have him get BTFO by Batman using PURE WILL, the least the could have done is have Bruce go into hiding because of Joker and have Azreal be the new Batman

Incredible game design that mouthbreathing Sup Forums mongoloids shit on for incredibly shallow reasons

I'll admit the story is shit in City and Knight but the way the games are made is amazing

oh shoot, my absolute favourite moments was chasing after ninjas across the rootops of Gotham. Rocksteady has my undying respects for bringing a thrilling comic book moment to life.
But then they did stuff at the end of Arkham City like having Batman carry Joker's corpse in his arms out of the tower instead of Talia al Ghul. Joker didn't deserve anything other than an unmarked grave.

Also i played Arkham VR. the puzzles were fun but they've done that story before.

I remember fake spoilers posted on Sup Forums about how arkham knight is a clone of Batman made by Amanda Waller. That could have been cool

It could have been cool and also would have kept Rocksteady from turning out to be fucking liars about him being a brand new character to save face from people figuring it out in seconds

>Batman supposedly using Scarecrow's toxins in his later adventures, unknown how this will change gameplay
>Lexcorp building being built in Gotham and Lex's threatening phone call to Bruce, confrontation might happen and hi-tec Lexcorp security force would be a nice followup to Arkham Knight's military
>Killer Croc being tortured so criminal scientists can learn how to make lizard men, possible new type of grunts
>Suicide Squad still needs to show up after the teaser with Deathstroke
>Joker dead, this time for seriously, even his ghost/virus is defeated

What do you think the next game will be like? What will happen?

Arkham Beyond pls

I like all of them.

Even blackgate

Conroy struggled in Knight.

Just switch to Arkham Beyond

Agreed but I never played knight

Only Asylum was halfway enjoyable and only because it was new. Everything after just emphasized the series' flaws like lack of any proper challenge in combat ("b-but muh 2000x combos" that's a self-imposed challenge ), shitty bosses, boring world that got bigger in following games because that's what retards like, exploring huge dull maps with nothing actually interesting to do, etc.

people hate on Knight and on the batmobile too much t.b.h.
it was fun

I wonder why. He killed it in injustice

I honestly thought AK was the best one gameplay wise. Loved the Batmobile and the boss battles didn't disappointed me because I never thought any of the arkham games had good ones.

Arkham Knight was a good game but the story was the worst, Jason seems stupid in this version since Joker was already dead the good part of the comic was lost...his reasons seem stupid, he tried to kill Batman but was fine with Joker

Arkham City had the best story
Arkham Origins was entertaining
Arkham Asylum was a tribute for TAS and I loved it

suicide squad was in the arkham knight prequel comic book

There have been rumours flying around about Rocksteady working on a Green Arrow game or a superman game, or even a suicide squad game, and I even heard something about a damian wayne game as well. but they have said that they are done with batman games

If they are working on something, it's either in production and extremely closely wrapped, or they're in pre-production hell deciding what to do. I reckon it will be another couple more years until we get another dc game from rocksteady

I always thought Arkham Origins had the best story but wasn't that exciting in terms of gameplay.

Just watch this video and tell me this isn't one of the best portrayal of Joker in recent years.

youtube.com/watch?v=EMjMKwKu9rQ

There were rumors about Damian Batman game with batcycle and nemesis system
I don’t trust RS after crappy knight

it was good but such a step down from arkham city. I still enjoyed but, but in almost every respect it was inferior to the other games in the series. The boss battles didn't feel like boss battles, the batmobile would have been tolerable if the missions and general gameplay experience was better, the dlc villains were better than the villain we actually got (except for pyg, he was great)

Arkham City, IMO, introduced a lot of cancer that ruined an otherwise alright game:

>vast, open world with fuck-all to do except collect Riddler trophies and beat up random thugs
>repetitive as fuck side missions
>barely any interior sections, with a lot of the structure making zero sense, such as access to Hugo Strange's tower basically available to any two-bit thug who can sneak in while someone's calling it to go up. This ends up making the map actually feel SMALLER, even though it's supposedly way bigger than Asylum
>repetitive as fuck side missions and wasting the fucking Mad Hatter. They fucked him up again in Knight after WB Montreal did it properly in Origins too, which puzzled the shit out of me
>a plot which boils down to a series of lazy asspulls and plot holes out the ass
>fucked over the supposed main villain of the game with a lazy, nonsensical plot twist for more Joker and a cheap ending that makes no fucking sense if you think about it for two seconds
>TYGER guards for some reason fight the same as ordinary thugs
>those godawful Catwoman controls
>one decent boss battle, one boss battle that somehow manages to be even more piss easy than Bane in Asylum, another boss battle which boils down to spamming freeze grenades and exploiting conveniently located semi-insta-kill bombs installed at every corner and another one which boils down to a generic ninja fight and spamming the remote electrical charge
>440 FUCKING RIDDLER TROPHIES

It also began the Arkham series' obsession with Joker, so lay the blame here for that. Knight actually managed to fix some of City's problems, such as cutting down on the amount of Riddler trophies in exchange for making them more challenging to obtain and making the side missions somewhat better, but it also fucked itself over with the Batmobile, a lazy plot and doubling down on most of City's failures.

people dickride them, I found them to all be really buggy, boring, and repetitive. Very lazy design choices
the first one was cool because of the setting and the overarching plot but it never should have gone open world. The open world adds nothing to the game
we aren't in gotham, we are in barren wastelands with nothing happening in them because there are no civilians

city was the worst offender of this because the story fell apart in the last 20 minutes where bodies just started dropping, you fail to save anybody at all, you don't even manage to stop the tainted blood supply from making it out of the city

Great series with great gameplay but I wish they continued just making the best Batman games possible like they did with the first. Arkham City and the rest had way too much game devs "putting our own spin" on the Batman universe. Whoever thought of Guy Ritchie Penguin with a bottle crammed in his eye needs to be put down. Your ideas are stupid, just give us a great Penguin like you did with the villains in the first game.

I liked all of them, but Rocksteady can't end a game to save their lives. Seriously, all of the Arkham endings sucked hairy asshairs