ITT post heroes losing their temper without costumes

ITT post heroes losing their temper without costumes.

It's fun. I remember that one when Aunt May's doctor shat on Pete and he almost broke his neck.

If Pete never got powers and the whole origin story etc then he would have just ended up as your run-of-the-mill school shooter

Making Peter even more of a manchild than normal isn't fun.

>BTFO of the guy who keeps hitting on your wife in front of everyone is acting like a manchild

I don't think so. It's beta behavior to let a guy like that walk all over you.

>Screeching like a baby and ruining a table in a public setting.

A man would have taken him by the scruff of his neck and talked the bitch down fiercely but with control, not lash out and nearly shit himself in manchild rage.

Pretty sure there's a whatif where he just becomes a NEET also one where he gets Doc Oct arm leg things

He was pretty stressed out. He never does shit like this.
And he did what you said several times before finally snapping like this.

With great power must come the great responsibility of not chomping out.

I think there's literally a story where pete deals with a school shooter and is like "this could have been me"

>He never does shit like this.
You mean "constantly?" We have "angry Spidey" threads semi regularly where everyone praises him for what a badass he becomes when he's angry, willing to rip the flesh off a woman's face, etc.

Pete is a very bad person trying and failing to be a good guy out of guilt.

Nah. That's a shitty 90's-ism. Peter actually grew the fuck up from the 60's to the 80's.

We are talking about Peter Parker.

Not you.

Have you never lost it on someone, or were about to, due to stress and someone not leaving you alone? Add supervillain a to that.

He says as much in a JMS comic. Peter has a lot of anger and isn't afraid to stand up for himself.
These are the two biggest traits of Peter that Slott doesn't include, and is why Slott can't write a satisfying Peter to save his life.

Notice how most of those are recent.

What made those times special were how rare they were. Now Pete loses his shit at the drop of a hat.

Not since I was 15, no. At worst I've shouted at people, not punched a fucking table and threatened their life.

This is categorically untrue.
Peter used to get angry, both as Peter and as Spider-Man a LOT. Now hes just an awkward pussy, both as Peter and as Spider-Man, who the audience laughs at rather than with. He literally just passively shrugged his choulsders and didn't care after having his body stolen and used, being functionally dead, and nobody noticing. He wasn't even mad at Spock during Spiderverse for God's sake.

Ben's death is literally the only reason Pete tries to be a good person. If that had never happened, Flash would have pushed him over the edge.
He wouldn't have been a school shooter. Pete would have rigged up a thing to make the school collapse and it would look like an accident.

It's almost like you haven't been under the stress of a dirt poor literal superhero. Do you think any fictional depiction of people freaking out is unjustified?

Is this a Rami meme?

I dunno if I'd say Pete is a bad person now, I think he saw he was being a self-centered child that resulted in his uncle's death and made a Good-aligned decision to dedicate himself to doing better.

The problem is that 16 year old Pete made a rather immature moral pledge and has been mentally, emotionally, and morally frozen at that teenaged level ever since.

You'r dead-on with the guilt bit, Spidey is driven less about doing the "Right Thing" and more about beating himself by doing the right thing in the most inefficient or painful way possible. There is a lot of visible overlap here, obviously, but sometimes the subtle difference is glaring. Such as... the genius neglecting his company in favor of dressing up in a costume to go stop robbers. Of fabrege eggs. Now obviously theft is wrong, but lets face it - stealing artwork isnt exactly like burning down an orphanage. And meanwhile, he could be working at improving the life of millions worldwide. But no, guilt is better served by getting shot at.

The Pete I remember in the 70s and 80s was the same guilt-ridden loser we started out. It was even worse because he'd made no progress, was still beating himself up, living paycheck to paycheck, when he should have matured *some* in 20 years of even serialized storytelling. I remember there was an increasing chorus of fans saying it was time for him to grow up, at least accept the Avengers membership offered him, he could be on the roster and nothing asked of him but to keep doing what he was already doing, get his $1000/wk stipend for being a hero. $50k/year was decent money in the 80s, might as well use it to keep his webbing full, but no he even turned that down.

Spidey as a morality tale is an incredibly shitty one. It hits kids right between the eyes but thats because its a morality that feels right to a kid's mind. Kids dont truly understand Good and Bad, they only know Guilt and Punishment.

>Pretty sure there's a whatif where he just becomes a NEET also one where he gets Doc Oct arm leg things

There was one story where they mentioned what could've happened, it was just one panel each. The point was, how much his powers cured him of his sociophobia.

One version had him use his brains to sell inventions and become a successful company CEO who is also a total sociopath and hires his old highschool bullies as under paid janitors, and being assholes to them on purpose. The other had him turn all that resentment into himself, and with no motivation to ever do anything, he becomes a fat fuck playing videogames all day long.

Also Spider-Gwen Pete turned into the Lizard. Long story short, Pete without powers turns into a psychopath

>(((Katzenberg)))

>It's almost like you haven't been under the stress of a dirt poor literal superhero.
Says you :^>

But for real, Peter's life isn't half as bad as he thinks it is. That's kind of one of the main conceited of the character, along with growing up. I'd expect this from 60's Peter, not post-70's Peter.

Granted, he has a complete mental collapse not long after this, but I see it as shit writing more than anything.

I won't argue that after Ditko left it was extremely slow and he was still socially retarded as fuck (he mumbled a proposal to MJ with a bad of M&Ms for fuck's sake), but Peter just before the marriage was way more mature than ASM 1-10 Peter. You gotta remember, this dumbass started out seriously thinking about robbing banks, actually contemplating letting Flash die, and complaining at a man who was just mortally wounded (until retcons happened at least) when it was 100% Peter's fault.

so what was the crack anyway? "Your wife is hot and why did the avengers show up to your wedding?"

There is is

That Jameson tho

I really miss inner-tough-guy Peter

Why is everyone shocked? Peter's always been a quick boiling pot with a barely held lid, some idiot was going to get burnt eventually.

Always thought it was shitty to have characters that previously liked him start to hate him out of nowhere. Pretty sure this doctor liked Pete until all of a sudden 'hur he doesn't care about his aunt he's never here when she needs him'

See Nathan Lubensky, who was portrayed as a cool old guy then from one issue he just starts shitting on Peter for years until he dies.

Look everyone knows it's dumb to act like that but I think everyone had this fantasy at least once. Going nuclear in public and instead of people think you're crazy they think you're badass.

The situation with Katzenberg is cheating because he's written to be hated by everyone so it makes this situation more acceptable.

I can't really say if this is the same doctor Aunt May's always had but in the monologues the guy had before this scene, I think he was getting progressively more angry over issues.

No but he’d definitely still be a bit of an asshole but at least early Pete wasn’t that bad once he got out and met people he would have been a bit of a social outcasts sure but it’s not like he was incapable of having friends