Constantin films owns the Fantastic Four film rights

Constantin films owns the Fantastic Four film rights.

screenrant.com/disney-fox-fantastic-4-rights-constantin/

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/hugh-jackman-disney-fox-deal-wolverine-avengers/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
screenrant.com/disney-fox-fantastic-4-rights-constantin/
youtube.com/watch?v=DrbFLJHeX8w
youtube.com/watch?v=PXBJIZ1NXFU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This better be bullshit

good, anything with F4 and F4 related sucks. the comics were bad and dont try to tell me theyre not

Who cares we still have X-Men and Deadpool

no one likes the Fantastic Four anyway

Disney/Fox Deal

Capeshit retards actually celebrate the conglomeration and rise of megacorps that control a hundred years of IPs.

Constantin Films owning the F4 film rights has always been the case. Fox has the distribution rights though, and once Disney secures those, it becomes fairly trivial to just cut a deal with Constantin Films.

Bread and circuses.

when the corporation's as great as disney of course we celebrate

Fuck off dinsey shill

So we will get a fucking greedy monopoly fucking everything OVER NOTHING???

Marvel getting those rights back was literally the only good thing about this shit.FML I hate everything.

>no one likes the Fantastic Four anyway
It's not the F4, it's the cosmic stuff that comes with it

>Likes Deadpool
>Dislikes the Fantastic Four

Confirmed casual/faggot.

hey at least based disney now has Alien, Predator, Terminator, Avatar, and who knows what else to start making cinematic universes out of

Now we can get an awesome Disney movie EVERY MONTH

Constantin should give FF back to Marvel, it would be the rightful thing to do.

Faggot even XMen/Deadpool comics are better than F4. Noone gives a fuck.

>“It’s interesting because for the whole 17 years I kept thinking that would be so great, like I would love to see, particularly, Iron Man and the Hulk and Wolverine together. And every time I saw an Avengers movie I could just see Wolverine in the middle of all of them like punching them all on the head. But it was like, “Oh well, that’s not gonna happen,” and it was interesting just when I first saw that headline — it was just the possibility of it and who knows what’s gonna happen, obviously — I was like, “Hang on!” But I think, unfortunately, the ship has sailed for me, but for someone else I would like to see Wolverine in there.”

Oh well. It was worth a try. May as well cancel the Disney/Fox Deal now Hugh Jackman not returning as Wolverine

collider.com/hugh-jackman-disney-fox-deal-wolverine-avengers/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I just want Kang damnit! Why won't they let me have Kang?

F4 are a HUGE part of Marvel universe, galactus,Dr doom,Latveria,Skrulls,molecule man etc are all part of their cast.

Deadpool is literally just him,no important villains or allies

The definition of a shill, right here.

You werr clamoring about the F4 coming home and being loved and the properties returning home, etc... and now that Disney doesn't have it you play tje "F-fine it was shit a-anyway" card.

Fox own the Distribution rights to Fantastic Four. Constantin can't do anything unless they fold under Disney. They're coming back, idiots.

Fox and grapes

> Not caring about the vast roster and ideas that are locked behind the rights to the F4.

Deadpool's shtick will run dry quickly, and the X-men have lost their value since nobody will want a Wolverine film after how praised Logan was.

Notice how you mentioned ONLY Villains and not the 4 team. Says everything right there.

MCU fans very often worship capitalism. It's why they love Iron Man and Disney so much and thinking about future movies of the MCU. The MCU movies are so bland, forgetable yet comforting to watch like eating McDonalds food that thinking about future possibilities for future movies and tv shows is more interesting than actually thinking about what various aspects of past movies.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ-dNk05Gf8

>Notice how you mentioned ONLY Villains and not the 4 team
>F4 are a HUGE part of Marvel universe
>F4

Learn 2 read.

I dont really care about X Men reverting. The F4 and the care package of associated characters is what I want to see flip over

We cant stop it

We cant fight it

Might as well focus on the positive

Xmen is a bigger bait than FF

COMCAST IS LOOKING TO SINK THE DEAL !!! if they buy the content disney is trying to get nothing happens basically because comcast isnt a movie studio and cant make the movies themself and all fox can do is option off the rights to shit they have a contract for . they cant outright sell FF4 for instance because they only hold the license rights they dont technically own FF4.

so all they can do is sell their contract which requires a movie be made every 4 years or so. same for x-men. sony got the same deal with spidey . marvel wanted exposure as the american comic book industry collapsed

didn't know those were under Keving Feige's hands

The biggest question is: will we ever see a FF4 movie done by Michael Bully Herbig? That guy makes horrible jokes but was also responsible for the Wicky the Wiking movie, which was possibly the best life action anime adaption to be ever produced.

You think this is bad, look at Universal

Yes. Please let Comcast be the heros to save X-MEN. Everything works out perfectly.

The Mouse will own all. All Hail to the Mouse.

Why do you think people focused on his wanking just around the xmen? Most people already knew the F4 are at Constantin, only normies and turbocasuals who visit shit sites like screenrant didnt.

You are just trying to hard to hide the tears.

MKEK

>screenrant.com/disney-fox-fantastic-4-rights-constantin/
>"Contractually, Disney buying 20th Century Fox doesn’t grant them the film rights to the Fantastic Four, but they could conniving enough to inhibit Constantin Films from making another movie without their say-so. If Disney controls distribution, Constantin would have no choice but to work with the Mouse House (and, by extension, Marvel Studios) on another Fantastic Four movie. Otherwise, they could make a movie without the ability or legal right to distribute it – which would be pointless for the studio and, essentially, make the film another ashcan copy."

this

quit you're whining losers

Fox owns the right to Batman TV series though.
We could see a Disney produced Batman series. I am excited.

I think that's limited to Adam West version.

Oh no, people will have to be more original from now on. Stop the fucking presses, somebody will own all the Marvel properties.

>literally proud cuck

All Marvel movies are the same

>Rooting for Comcast
>Ever

You do realize that Universal makes formulaic blockbusters too, right? They aren't some bastion of creativity. But go on, be needlessly contrarian.

but each quip is unique

I'm more concerned about the battle yet to come: the public domain. In just a few more years, Mickey Mouse is scheduled to enter the public domain, you just know that Disney will do what it's always done and try to get the politicians to change the law so that they'll keep the rights to things for a few more decades. If we don't get public opinion against this, they'll get away with it again.

They didn't made anything with mickey for years, is not like he's giving them billions like other characters.

His current popularity on internet is just a meme.

You mean GOOD?

Don't give a shit about the FF, but this could cockblock Dr. Doom from ever appearing, which is a problem. Because he's the only good thing in all of the FF history.

It doesn't matter. Mickey Mouse isn't a character anymore, he is an icon. Mickey cartoons may not make money, but merchandise with the Mickey Mouse logo does. Big time.

His Brand is literally worth billions.
He's also the company mascot.
There's no way they'd let him go easily.

Why do you like him exactly if you don't like the FF? He's pretty much nothing without them.

Don't know why anyone acts like this is a big deal, if they own the distribution rights Constantin is going to work with them because otherwise they can't release the film at all

90% of the reason people like doom can be summed up with the name RICHARDS

Haven't they suffered enough?!

desu, I don't even know if Feige would want anything to with the F4 beyond the cosmic related characters and Dr. Doom

They've got 3 publically released movies that the public despised.

Looking at Constantin's history and filmography, they don't seem to be that big. Disney can probably bully them into playing ball quite easily.

...so how did MCU get Ego then?

Yeah, Fox had a motivation to refuse to work with Disney and desperately cling on the rights by making a shitty movie at the last minute. They're a big company who can afford to do that kind of thing to screw with the competition as well as prevent any executives from being embarrassed if Disney gets the FF back and makes big bucks on it. Constantin has no reason to refuse to work with Disney and make lots of money.

What are we supposed to do, literally attack Disney? Let me know how that goes for you.

Truth be told, this is minor shit. Fox doesn't own that much in terms of popular IPs, and its current situation is the result of its continued inability to make films that engage with the public. If Disney had bought all Marvel's properties back in the day, we wouldn't even by having this discussion.

Another major problem is that Disney would now have more control over the film market and can impose its draconian demands on theatre distributors.

Why would a studio turn down a 500+ instant profit?

>Fox has made shitty F4 movies
>Disney has made from OK to good movies.
>Capitalism is evil so we shouldn’t celebrate the possibility of a good F4

What are you planning to do retard? Call for a boycott or buy Fox under Disney?

Fox could change NTW powers in exchange for Ego.

this
prepare for ticket prices rising

strongarming theaters into changing the customary share
they started with starwars
next thing will be avengers 4, maybe even infinity war, then perhaps avatar or some other thing
other studios will follow suit with bigtime blockbusters, WB could do it with nolan films perhaps
along the way the prices will rise

So Fox has some control over the characters, so we could have something like Hulk till 2022 and meanwhile Doom and all the characters insaide other movies

No, Fox has the rights to Batman and some related characters for live action tv shows.

What if it extends to other solo tv shows starring characters like Nightwing, Batgirl, and Robin?

What will WB/DC do if years into the future tv stops existing separate from the internet? If Disney buys Fox, could Disney get their tv license to extend to internet programming if that was the case?

What if movie theaters died out as well? Would WB have to ship physical copies of Blu-Rays to people of live action 'tv shows' with Batman? What if a breakdown between movies and tv shows occurs? Could WB be not allowed to make even live action videos of Batman that are of the length of a traditional movie? Could they use photo-realistic cgi creations of Batman in a tv show modeled off of live action footage as a way to get around the contract?

No, if FOX sells their rights to the Marvel properties, Disney has first buy rights, so it'd basically default to them regardless.

They could differentiate future F4 movies by having the F4 movies be more focused about exploring outerspace rather than trying to save people, stop villains, or members of a group trying to make money (like the Guardians).

So, maybe they might try to find out a way to stop a natural disaster form occurring on a planet they land on or something. It might be different from what people expect from a Marvel movie however. Maybe they have them be explorers in space and different from the GotG in some ways, but have at least in their first movie have the F4 try to stop some being/creature who wants to do bad things to other beings.

The solution is to never give them your money. Get a decent TV and Kodi with Covenant, and enjoy movies pretty soon after they hit theaters.

God I hope this fucking happens. Could WB please just sell DC to Disney already?

Fox most likely don't have the live action tv show rights for Batman in perpetuity unless the part of the reason for there never being a Batman tv show after Adam West's was that DC, prior to being purchased by WB, gave the people who made that show the permanent rights to live action Batman tv shows. It is unlikely they did that however. Maybe there is something weird about the live action tv rights and Fox though that prevented another live action show being made until Gotham, but the reason for no shows before Gotham might not have to do with that.

Most people don't know that Disney has been the thing writing the country's copyright laws since the 70s and the people who DO know either benefit from it by being able to hang on to their properties functionally forever (Lifetime + 90 years is long enough to cover your grandkids' grand kids if you're a personal creative, so things like Steven King's estate are fucking set for generations to come) or don't have the clout to do a thing about it.

IIRC, there was whispers that Disney wants to make it to where a company can RE-COPYWRITE something in the Public Domain.

Hopefully with the internet, more awareness can be raised of this issue when it comes to pass. Back in the day, it was easy to get away with it since the media wouldn't really report it.
We might even get both liberals and conservatives on this, since liberals are against corporations hoarding this much power and conservatives hate Disney and Hollywood in general, plus a few think that copyright laws go against the free market.

>Constantin films owns the Fantastic Four film rights.
Good, the only decent Fantastic Fours film was the first one and they are boring as hell so no problem

>le "fantastic four are boring as hell" maymay

You're trying too hard again

>IIRC, there was whispers that Disney wants to make it to where a company can RE-COPYWRITE something in the Public Domain.

Well, yeah. It must eat them alive that anybody who wants to can make a Little Mermaid or a Snow White movie, called "The Little Mermaid" and everything.

Knowing Disney, it'll be some ridiculous bidding thing where the company that can put up proof that it's made the most money off/has the most recognized version of something in the public domain gets to re-copyright it.

They can absolutely make the case for Snow White, Winnie the Pooh, and Alice in Wonderland.

>Whispers
Didn't they try to copyright day of the dead?

Since it's not explicitly called "Day of the Dead" in Mexico (as in, the actual English words Day, of, the, Dead in that order as a title) and what they would copyright is the goofy American watered-down kitsch version of it, that sounds about right.

>What will WB/DC do if years into the future tv stops existing separate from the internet?
No such thing, that means TV stop exting, in other words the rights turn useless.

It's literally the same thing with Hulk and Universal.

The F4 will only appear in team-up movies and not solos.

>people will have to be more original from now on.

You and I both know this isn't how it works in an industry that figures out what sells.

>he doesn't know the difference between capitalism and corporatism/cronyism

Lack of distinctions like this are why college faggots think even fucking marxism of all things would be better.

Stop getting mad at Disney just because they are better at doing many things than many other companies. Me personally, I wish I could live at Disney World. It would have been great if Walt's original idea for Epcot had been built. A society run by Disney would probably be fantastic!

can anyone fix this image? You know how

>Constantin films
WHO?

Then why is Gotham made by Fox?

..so whats stopping them from buying constantin?

It's the exact opposite of that.

Universal has the distribution rights for the Hulk. Disney has the production rights.

Constantin Films still has the production rights for the F4. Disney would own the distribution rights.

The guys who made this just to keep the rights
youtube.com/watch?v=DrbFLJHeX8w

it's literally the opposite thing

>don't believe me, look at the numbers

Does mean the exact same scenario can't happen. Besides, if worse comes to worse Disney will just blockade any F4 movies being made and just wait tell the rights lapse in 2022/23.

youtube.com/watch?v=PXBJIZ1NXFU

So they bought a bunch of nothing then?

By acquiring Twenty-First Century Fox Inc. Disney would now own the following:
(News and Sports subsidiaries are not part of this deal)

>20th Century Fox
>20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
>Fox 21 Television Studios
>20th Century Fox Television
>20th Television
>20th Century Fox Animation (Simpsons, Family Guy, etc...)
>Fox Searchlight Pictures
>Zero Day Fox
>Fox 2000 Pictures
>Fox Digital Entertainment
>Blue Sky Studios (Ice Age, Rio, Peanuts Films)
>Fox Star Studios (India)
>Fox Studios Australia
>New Regency Productions (80%, joint venture with Regency Enterprises)

>Fox Networks Group
>FX Networks[8]
>FX
>FXX
>FXM
>Fox Crime
>FX Productions
>Fox Life
>BabyTV
>Fox Digital Media

>National Geographic Partners (73%)
>Hulu (30%) (Disney already own their own 30%, so this would make them 60% share leader)
>TrueX
>Fox Digital Entertainment
>Regency Enterprises (20%)
>FoxNext
>Fox VFX Labs

As for the IP's that Fox owns. Well...

>How to Train Your Dragon,
>Ice Age, Madagascar,
>Kung Fu Panda,
>Rio
>Alvin and the Chipmunks

>Aliens