What do you guys think of Tom King's run?

What do you guys think of Tom King's run?

I like it

I like parts of it really has its ups and downs but the guy really needs to see a therapist or something

its just so boring

Good run. sometimes meh sometimes awesome.
I really like his bruce wayne more human and his sequential narrative in many pages.

Some of it is pretty good. First arc, the Bane stuff and the flashback story were all great. I appreciate that he's writing Bronze Age stories that aren't afraid to get weird and have a quick pace.

I really fucking despise the Catwoman stuff. The Bat / Cat shit and the overly shippy stuff is just a slog.

It's ok. He is trying to do a character study but I don't think he gets it most of the time. The premise of most of his arcs are great on paper but they were pretty lame on execution.

BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat BatCat

Hit and miss, with bad dialogue but interesting concepts. Overall a good run that gives Bruce some much needed humanization.

He wants to write Batman like Scott Snyder and he wants to write Batman like Grant Morrison, but he can’t. Because Tom King is mediocre.

I wish he'd stop bringing Mikel Janin in as the artist. Lately Mikel's work has looked like poorly traced over actor faces. I feel the War of Jokes and Riddles and this upcoming Poison Ivy arc could be better if he got someone like Clay Mann to do art duties.

nah, In the run of morrison and snyder put a lot of shit on rare natural and exaggerated super epica, the king to put more normal things, Bruce with typical conflicts with their rougues but where the situation develops more than exaggeration.

I've dropped it from my pulls now, but Its not a horrible book, I just lost interest and couldn't justify spending the money on a twice monthly that I wasnt really enjoying that much.

I think war of jokes and riddles kinda did it, way too long for something that was very "meh"

Dat Kiteman doe..

I really wanted to like it because i loved his Vision run, but it just doesn't work for me

I liked it up to I Am Bane, not so much recently. The single issue stories are really good though

Really awful. I don't think he was the writer to handle such be changes to characters. King doesn't respect characters and willing to shit on them to get his hamfisted point across. Like Batman he does with batman all the time and recently Superman.

The quality of the stories King writes is inversely proportional to the their length. The one shots are top-tier, the maxi-series are decent, and this ongoing is utter shit.

If they have a kid, you think they'll call it Rat?

There's an antagonist ready to go.

Will the Cat cuck the Bat with the Rat and some guy named Pat?

I like that Bruce and Selina are getting hitched. Thats about it

Penciled by Stephen Platt.

Every arc is like riding a rollercoaster.
When it starts it's slow and dull, but then it hits a point and I start loving it.

This is about right. King is at his best doing short and self-contained work. Putting him on 100 issues of Batman was a mistake.
>tfw his next big arc is a Poison Ivy one with art by Janín
Fucking kill me

i'm finding it very enjoyable

>its a janin arc
Why
Why not just have Jones or Mann on the entire run, they're so much better

Putting Janin was a mistake

I thought he could've made it look like Grayson where it was more difficult to tell that he uses poser, but double shipping is too much for him and the colorist.

I like it!

The concepts as a whole bother the hell out of me but there have been some great scenes.

King likes Janin and Finch. At least we might finally be rid of the latter

>Not like avy
What are you? Gay?
Now seriously, I feel that the art of janin is a case like the art of fitch or jim lee. You like it or you do not like it. Personally I feel that it is ok.

Great run with amazing character moments.

Definitely not for autistic people at all though. So much REEEEEEing over him being in a relationship or that he has emotions.

Batman/Elmer Fudd is the best thing he's done.

>I Am Gotham
First two issues were good rest is crap
>night of the monster men
trash with some fun ideas
>I Am suicide
Only liked issues 9 and 13 so the beginning and end
>I Am Bane
The first issue was good and the second to last issue where he's running the gauntlet of villains rules but the rest is shit
>The One-shots
are all fantastic
>War of Jokes and Riddles
Kite-Man interludes were heartbreaking. Rest is shit.

as far as the recent stuff goes, it's been really good. I think dude just found his stride 33 issues in, and hopefully it holds up

While I don't hate it like a lot of people on Sup Forums seem to, he needs to tone down on the shipping shit. We get it, he really likes Batcat.

He's got good concepts but the execution and dialogue are utterly shit. Especially the dialogue. God what the fuck everyone sounds the same in my head
>"How did you-- How did you do that?"
>"You're just a man... a man in a mask. And what is that? What is that?"
>"I'm busy" "Oh. You're busy" "What? I am busy"

Literally the only reason why Batman is on my pull list is because of Tom King

I think, while yeah esp here on Sup Forums theres alot of autistic mewling about shipping and other bullshit, people are getting fed up with the decompression of his arcs. And on top of that he's been reusing the same writing tropes over and over, he's even been doing it in Mr.Miracle (although that being a 12 issue contained series keeps me interested in where its going.)

For one of the most (or most) flagship book put out by DC, and King being an actually decent writer its very drawn out and kinda boring, or at least not as exciting as I would assume a Batman book should be. If i was just a random person picking up a couple issues I don't think id have gone further than the first arc.

He gave fucking KITE-MAN a tragic backstory and had Batman violate his no-kill rule (the fact he failed in his attempt doesn't negate the fact he tried)

He can piss off

It’s gotten better as it’s become less from Bruce’s viewpoint and more about Bruce from everybody’s else viewpoint.

it´s terrible. trying to turn a joke character like catwoman into a mary sue equal to batman is stupid especially since it involves making batman incredible incompetent and stupid just so that selina can look good in comparsion

Since which issue has it got good?

its alright. the one off stories are easily the strongest parts. Brave and the Mold, that Elmer Fudd crossover.

Pros:
>Batburger.
>Swamp Thing and other one shots.
>Good moments of character development for Bats
>Fun uses of more obscure characters.
>Character interactions between the Batfamily and the Supes family have been great.

CONS
>Horrible/repetitive dialogue when it's not a scene where he decides to try. Ex. "I AM BANE" "I WILL BREAK YOUR BACK" "BAT","CAT"
>He can't end arcs well at all. A fight usually justends with a memey punch line leaving the reader without a sense of completion.
>Gotham Girl story went nowhere after bring the most tedious arc.

Start with the Catwoman issues or the family gathering isssues

Of all the things in his run to be pissed about you picked the two least offensive

It's fucking shit.

>Gotham Girl story went nowhere after bring the most tedious arc.
I’m really getting frustrated by this. I liked where it WAS going but then we got this whole Catwoman interlude and no development at all for Gotham Girl after she got better. The only appearance she’s made in the past 4 months has been in Birds of Prey as a background character with few speaking roles (could’ve been substituted with anyone). Seriously what was the plan with her? She wasn’t even at the end of Kings Batman annual for Bruce’s death scene.