What did T'Challa mean by this?

What did T'Challa mean by this?

A good message about not being 'the BLACK ____' that unfortunately rings utterly hollow thanks to the massive push for legacy characters who take up the mantle and are pushed solely on their minority status and proclaimed inspiring because a ___ person can be _Insert Famous Person here_

In DC, this would be a profound message to be the next hero of their own name, not just "This guy but black" To someone who actually has read marvel, it rings deaf and hollow.

Racist people keeping the black man down? Forget that Imagine being devalue as being a secondary thing to someone.

Imagine someone calling you "White black panther" or White [insert something].

That creating a "black version of X character" is dumb Miles Morales. Creators should instead create new and interesting characters who are people of color. Instead of characters who ride the coat tails of popular white characters, carrying with them the implication that the creators think that non-white characters are inherently less interesting.

I'm just happy when writers remember that Thunderball is supposed to be a genius and not just another dumb guy in the Wrecking Crew. The Illuminati book a while back was finally doing something with him, but after it was cancelled he went back to being generic thug that casually jobs at the start of a story.

This is fucking meta. Is it on purpose, or ironic?

You could say about any side character or legacy.

>What does he MEAN!?!?!?

Exactly what he said.

This doesn't even have to be some meta commentary about comic books. You can take it pretty literally in the context of the scene.

White people summarizing black people by their blackness instead of their achievements is a thing.

If he is so smart how come he works with the Wrecking Crew? Because that seems like a very stupid thing to keep doing.

It probably wasn't a bad idea to start with. They all had good powers, (kinda) and they could've pulled shit off. Now though, he's got a list of convictions a hundred pages long, and he's been humiliated so many times that he can't rise up in the supervillian world. Nobody will take him in the normal world ( I'd love to work at your university, but I have to report to my parole officer every two hours I don't have a car, and I can't be within 30 feet of any equipment or students), and nobody respects him in the supervillian world ( I think terror inc beat me up once, is that cool?). The only thing he can do is try and tread water with the wrecking crew. I really like that dynamic in a story. It's my head canon now.

There's gotta be some shadowy organization who will take a genius and let him do genius shit off-the-books. SHIELD, AIM, AID, etc, etc.

Only reading that single page, it seems that is what BP is angling for.

Otherwise why bother with him? Not many organizations even use gamma energy to begin with. And those able to marshal the stuff in mass quantities have geniuses out the ass that would do just as good or better of a job.

I haven't rad all the comics that feature SHIELD, but i fucking garuntee that the "we've recruited an ex-supervillian but then they went bad again and killed like a dozen people has to have happened at least five times already." Either way, they're probably better off ot recruiting from the really bad supervillians anyways. Better to recruit scientists who aren't as good but are less likely to try and hijack a helicarrier at some point.

I've lost track with who owns AIM now, but honestly I'm sure that he's smart enough to NOT join up with AIM given how short the lifespan of their recruits are. Best case scenario you get turned into a MODOK, and honestly that would suck.

>T'Challa acting like he cares about Black Americans

Motherfucker you don't even help people in the countries near you.

>fuck white, black people is the best, they are all my brothers and sister.
>then why don't you use all your money and technology to help the rest of africa instead of hidding in wakanda?
>......fuck you racist white people!

There was actually a spider-man arc involving The Secret Empire, Spidey, Nova, Thrasher, Punisher, Moon-Knight and MoonKnights former sidekick Midnigh.
The Empire was looking for specimens to make super cyborg warriors from and sprung Frankling from prison

There's been some recent political discussion about how many great scientists, writers, entrepreneurs, etc, have been lost due to a lack of educational opportunity

>This country's prisons heave with black Bruce Banners.

Obviously in the Marvel universe they started arresting people who specialize in gamma radiation, and only those in more impoverished areas have to resort to getting their master's degree in illegal fields to get by.

Funding for STEM research is a vicious game in the Marvel Universe. After so many military research grant projects went on rampages, gov't funding is hard to come by. Add to that all the evil corporations that steal lifetimes of research, so many scientists have turn to crime in order to keep going.

There's a reason AIM is a thing. Job right out of school, funding and research in the field you actually studied for, no oversight except for the giant murderous super-intelligent head and that's a lot friendlier than academic office politics.

Only partially related but in hindsight isn't the Trump MODOK just an implicit praise of Trump's intellect? Those things are supposed to be ridiculously smart.

I hope we get a story soon where The Leader tries to kill him because he's sick of always being called The Green Dr. Franklin

But what does he mean when he says “prisons heave with black Bruce Banners”?

When was the last time you saw a MODOK accomplish anything meaningful?

In Marvel: Lot of genius level black intellects took the wrong path and fucked up their future to point only crime pays.

In life: Lot of blacks fucked up their life because one reason or another they couldn't get a solid education and took the path of crime.

Good fucking luck getting Marvel to do any earth based story not in New York.

That is a spider-gwen universe, you idiot. This is the same universe where there are an Australian Wolverine and black lesbian captain america.

Because they're his friends, always have his back, and make a good team.

>he's been humiliated so many times that he can't rise up in the supervillian world

Every single time people see him, their reaction is "that guy went to to to with Thor". On Sup Forums we notice how often Wrecking Crew is used as jobbers, but in universe they're portrayed as powerful and feared.

>"that guy went to to to with Thor".
When the hell did that happen?
The only times I remember one of them not being trashed by Thor, it's the Wrecker when he had the combined power of the four
Otherwise, they just are in the 20-30 tons level
Remember when Titania had to save them from She Hulk?

>to to to

Excuse me, "toe to toe".

How do you think T'Challa would react if he were to visit the inevitable race-swapped Marvel universe and found that White T'Challa had made exactly the same decisions as Black T'Challa?

>White T'Challa
You mean Bruce Wayne.

This. Fuck Marvel.

This. Marvel is finished.

It was the plan of the Mouse all along. Why print comics when you can make movies?

>Tries to make black people look bad and uncivilized
>posts Earthquake

Everytime

It has already been established that Black Panther has no control over his people.

So he's a figurehead?There is a prime minister or something?

EXACTLY. Thats why War Machine and Falcon are kinda lame. Black Panther is his own man.

He protects his people and follows traditions.

>generic thug that casually jobs at the start of a story.
This.
The fuckers are supposed to be jacked with Asgardian energy but they show up on page 3 and they are down by page 6.

Didnt thunderball go back to be a civilian after the illuminati book?