Loki will be pansexual and genderfluid in Marvel’s new anti-hero novel series

>pinknews.co.uk/2017/12/11/loki-will-be-pansexual-and-genderfluid-in-marvels-new-anti-hero-novel-series/

>Author Mackenzi Lee announced the news on Twitter over the weekend, prompting a flood of support from readers excited to see an LGBT+ character portrayed in a mainstream superhero narrative.

>The YA fiction writer, who penned The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue, will be focusing on the “super awesome morally grey anti-heroes from Marvel”.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleipnir
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I mean, that makes sense. Hes turned into a girl before

i mean yeah,

tis different for gods

Oh, boy...

I'm pretty sure Loki's been pansexual since he was conceived centuries ago. He really liked going around fucking random things.

Whatever. This is the guy who's son is a giant wolf.

i mean, he's already a faggot you know?

Please tell me you're not trying to start shit with this.

I mean I know the idea that Sup Forums doesn't read comics is a FACT. But at least you all should try to hide it a bit more.

In the mythos, he literally let some literal stallion to literally fuck and impregnate him.
Gods are really into some kinky shit.

To the surprise of literally no one with a brain

He's had a big flapping vag before, canonically.

He should've been pansexual and genderfluid from the beginning. I'm still annoyed there was never a scene of him transforming into a Peggy Carter lookalike to fuck with Steve.

He literally turned into a female horse and got fucked by a male horse

Didn’t Loki give birth to Odin’s horse after taking it in the back?

>OP tries to outrage farm
>only outs himself as some newfag that doesn't actually read comics
>probably some crossposting faggot from Sup Forums

>novel
Does anyone on Sup Forums read any of the DC or Marvel novels?

I mean, technically he already was.
It's all in how you handle it with him.

Because of course *this* is the part of the mythos Disney decides to get right.

> It's a "straight white woman uses alternative sexuality in a story to sell her mediocre writing" episode

Also I thought gay people were over this kind of vague, "queer on a technicality" kinda writing?

they said that for his last series and did squat with it.

>OP tries start an outrage by posting more "Marvel is for SJW's now" twitter news"
>Results in complete lack of butthurt since Sup Forums is actually familiar with old pagan myths
>mfw

Nothing more genderfluid than a being that regularly shifts between genders.
Nothing frustrating here honestly.

whatever, he's a shitty villain and his fandom is 99% deviantart teen girls

I mean, yeah. Duh. If you have to put a label on it, that's kinda correct, I guess.
Except he can actually BE male or female or a gendered fluid or a breeding mare if he wants to.

Powers-wise certainly, but the headings in OP clearly push it into some further "ultimate identity" trend-pandering instead of his base form-shifting mythos. Like pointed out this is obviously for agenda purposes and sales only.

>18 replies and 3 images omitted at time of seeing this thread
Give it time, surely this thread will blow up about it.

>"Marvel is for SJW's now"
well usually that's the case yeah
but in this specific case, it's literal deep lore
be different if it was squirrel girl or riri or whatever other trash marvel tries pushing

I mean, Zeus used to turn into swan, bull and golden rain to get some pussy. Genderfluid? Pfft, it's like vanilla missionary pose for divine beings.

This. I'm so fucking tired of this shit, man.

You're a retarded faggot for trying to bait with this OP.

BUT, I'll give you that the writer of that article is just as retarded as you are. I mean, trying to pretend Loki has never ever been confirmed as LGBT before? Why erase the story that even the author of the future book knows (as she showed on those tweets)? I don't get it. Is it because Lee is a woman and women deserve to be first no matter what?

I actually wouldnt mind if they talked about sexuality in an interesting way like how gaimen would write gay and trans characters, instead of shit like this

>deep lore
I only read one Thor comic and it came up as a giant plot point when he tricked Heven into crashing their fleet.

Watch out Sup Forums

It's not about the deep lore, I know about,but do watch out for the writing and how she's going to shove human concepts into a god.

Loki can be a horse, a woman, it doesn't matter to him, he's a god. The way it's being sold worries me and I seriously doubt this woman is going to be able to write anything remotely interesting about sexuality through his eyes.

>this is acceptable by Marvel's standards
No one talks like this. No one.

>Squirrel Girl
>Trash
You stop that

That's accurate to the original myths. At one point he turned into a mare and got fucked by a horse. Loki has always been pretty fucking gay.

OK? How is that any different from how he normally is.

In the movies it is implied he had sex with Jeff Goldblum

>But here on Sakaar

We already knew he was, casual.

That was to cheat someone. He couldn’t break character or he’d get killed.

I'm not gonna ask what is this. I just don't wanna know. Only important thing to know is: Is it cancelled already? Was it destroyed by everyone? Did it make it to at least one of worst comics ever list? If the answer to any of them is no, then fuck this industry. I hope it crashes again.

>fucks horses
>is a woman sometimes
People aren't actually mad about this are they?

If you'll allow me to co-opt their own language, they're not mad that Loki is able to shape shift and fuck anything he wants, they're mad because the dogwhistle terms in the article clearly show this is being done to push a political agenda, meaning it'll probably A) suck and B) be obnoxiously SJW

Looks like every person in Midgaard know the story about this 'turning into mare' stuff.
You might be the greatest trickster god of all the mythos who shall invite the Ragnaroek, but people will remember you only as a horse-fucker.

...but you fuck *ONE* goat!

It's a fucking novel, literally who cares? I've never once in my life spoken to anyone, in person or online, that has actually read any of these YA prose novels that Marvel puts out.

Because it's a YA series that's now pushing gender identity and LGBT propaganda

I'd like to think this is some sort of stockholm syndrome response to Marvel's awful handling of their characters, but I bet you're actually 12 and into those dumb labels and/or think they're fine applying to a God.

Oh, so you're just mad about something you haven't read yet and almost certainly weren't going to read anyway. Alright then.

And I'd like to think you're not just looking for reasons to be upset, but somehow I doubt it.

What do you like to reblog more: fictional gay shipping, Halsey songs or really bad black twitter memes?

I can't fucking wait for Marvel to get started back on making more X-Men mutant stuff. I just wish it could happen even sooner.

Hopefully some of the new X-Men stuff could get turned into tv shows like The Runaways and that new animated movie Marvel Rising for new Marvel fans!

I mean this was made officially canon thousand of years ago by the actual source material.

I just hope they have the guts to do horse rape.

didn't comics Loki spend a while as a woman?

>it's a "anyone who doesn't join me in my autistic tirades MUST be from Tumblr!" episode
Don't quit your dayjob, shitposter-kun.

He's lived for so long he's probably gotta experiment with all the things to keep it exciting.

>all these fags who haven't read Agent of Asgard
Thanks Sup Forums

>probably some crossposting faggot from Sup Forums
Honestly can we please get global ip range bans again?
Also, obvious cross posting needs to be ban worthy.

>Loki will be pansexual and genderfluid
So ... exactly the same as he has been in the past in the comics and in the mythology that inspired them?

You really have to go back.

Young Avengers was shit, but I'll admit that line was great.

Also got fucked by a horse once. As a joke. Wait, wrong Loki.

This, if you're a god who doesn't fuck everything that moves in various forms you're tantamount to a virgin
>the virgin yhwh
>the chad Zeus

I'm not mad, just making predictions based on prior experience. Maybe they'll surprise me, but I doubt it.

Not anyone that disagrees with me, just you. Why couldn't you understand something as simples as that? Are you mentally challenged?

You also seem upset. Why are you like that over someone else's opinion? Sorry if I'm interrupting your McDonald's night snack or something.

I don't think most jokes are carried to term

So I think what everyone has missed is that if this is a YA novel series, how can they even portray any of the god(dess) fuckery?

If there's any major Marvel character who could be pansexual and genderfluid, it's Loki.

And Mystique, too, come to think of it.

But a god that changes form and genders IS genderfluid. Humans can not change forms without suffering scars and radical damage, therefore they are not genderfluid.

Pretty sure the word pansexual has only been around for a year or so, before that he was just a sexual deviant.

You're the only one sperging out here, friend.

kek

>Pretty sure the word pansexual has only been around for a year or so
It's been around for longer

It actually makes sense.

It's only gotten popular usage in the last decade or so though.

It's a 100 year old Freudian term dumbass

I love when SJWs come to these threads to sperg out with the rest of us, it's always so obvious how butthurt they are.
One of us! One of us!

>n-no you're mad!
There's nothing wrong with the classics but sometimes they can be passe

I knew a girl who described herself that way in 2009, and I highly doubt she came up with it herself.

>Also got fucked by a horse once. As a joke.
Not a joke:

The gods declare that Loki would deserve a horrible death if he could not find a scheme that would cause the builder to forfeit his payment, and threatened to attack him. Loki, afraid, swore oaths that he would devise a scheme to cause the builder to forfeit the payment, whatever it would cost himself. That night, the builder drove out to fetch stone with his stallion Svaðilfari, and out from a wood ran a mare. The mare neighed at Svaðilfari, and "realizing what kind of horse it was," Svaðilfari became frantic, neighed, tore apart his tackle, and ran towards the mare. The mare ran to the wood, Svaðilfari followed, and the builder chased after. The two horses ran around all night, causing the building work to be held up for the night, and the previous momentum of building work that the builder had been able to maintain was not continued.[10]

When the Æsir realize that the builder is a hrimthurs, they disregard their previous oaths with the builder, and call for Thor. Thor arrives, and kills the builder by smashing the builder's skull into shards with the hammer Mjöllnir. However, Loki had "such dealings" with Svaðilfari that "somewhat later" Loki gave birth to a grey foal with eight legs; the horse Sleipnir, "the best horse among gods and men."
sauce:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleipnir

He had sex with a horse; got knocked up; and had a baby horse. That's where Odin's magic 8 legged horse came from.

Pretty sure Dr. Who used the term describe Harkness, but then he also fucks dogs and aliens to it's a bit more literal with him. Riker would also be considered at least partly Pansexual probably.

Did you at least wash your hands before typing this?

Oh no?

I hate liberal straight white women more than any actual homos. And "girl who identifies with vague genderqueer bullshit" a-k-a 90% of tumblr is not valid.

>And Mystique, too, come to think of it.
And Hulkling and really any other shapeshifter or heavy magic user.

>n-no, y-you! h-haha
Geez, user.

A trickster god who can casually change gender on a whim is probably the only time the term gender-fluid actually makes sense, and not the usual BS of some dingbat saying they "feel" more masculine or feminine today.

With Hulking it's already cannon.

I hated Angela getting shoved into the Thor franchise just so Gaiman could piss in McFarlane's cornflakes, but Tenth Realm was surprisingly not complete shit. Shame about Bianchi's pencils getting ruined by that awful colourist, though.

I'd care more if they were doing something interesting with this in the comics, coming off of the whole God of Stories angle and what with Loki currently being SS. As it is, I'm pretty sure it's just going to be bad tumblr-tier fanfic, and there's already tons of bad "Loki is gay/trans/whatever" tumblr-tier fanfic out there.

Loki himself has written slash fanfic in universe, so pushing this as some brave new thing just to whistle their agenda is fucking stupid.

America. No. Mostly. Yes.

>a girl
Of course. All of these stupid terms are always dykes or bi girls making words up. Loki would never decide to identify by that, it’s just the author trying to be trended and progressive to get attention for her book no one will read.

>With Hulking it's already cannon.
It's all but with Mystique: the original plan was for her to have had children with Destiny by knocking her up ... the old fashioned way. But much like Northstar being "full gay" the powers that be didn't think it was worth the potential blowback.

I have been thinking for some time that 'pansexualism' was named after god Pan. Then I realized it's just a Greek word 'pan-'

I'm usually indifferent to them, try to be uninvolved with their bullshit, but these days I find myself kinda sad for them.

He didn't /let/ the other horse do it. He was caught trying to cheat the horses owner so they wouldn't have to pay him. if I recall.

He just didn't give a shit after it happened, because ancient story tellers didn't dwell on feelings usually.

It's no so much that he's Pansexual and genderfluid in the modern sense. He just don't give a fuck. I especially don't think you can call a shapeshifter gender fluid in SJW terms.

>I hate liberal straight white women
We know, Pookie. We know.

There was a lot of things that never happened that creators of characters wanted and the world is probably better for it.

>that pic
>that comment

>Pretty sure the word pansexual has only been around for a year or so

>reminder this an example of the type of moron you argue about comics/cartoons with on a daily basis