Rubber Hose Appreciation Thread

ITT: Post your favorite rubber hose era cartoon.

I’ll start: youtu.be/isbzfRh4za8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1bduw0CO2Nc
youtube.com/watch?v=VNttqN1wUMY
youtube.com/watch?v=lTe9njxL1RU&t=103s
youtu.be/jrjWWvynr5s
youtu.be/wlLHZruDCAA
youtu.be/wjpCaEhBNJU
youtu.be/SRB2YlQOSBI
youtu.be/5ncfXue1cxA
youtube.com/watch?v=SoJkxNa6v14
youtube.com/watch?v=4kg0jVmgb8g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=1bduw0CO2Nc
A lot of rubber hose cartoons scared the shit out of me as a kid

>I'm Coming!

He must have relatives that live in Balloon Land

you too huh.
Even then, I always felt bad for the pincushion man, what's with him falling literally screaming and grasping to his death.

Pete's a pretty good shot. Funny how much blatant sexual assault made it into kids cartoons back in the day.

a timeless classic and for good reason

youtube.com/watch?v=VNttqN1wUMY

Spinning the background like that is pretty advanced for 1930's animation, I'm impressed they made it look as good as it does.

>masturbating monster terrorizes children made of condoms
the shit they got away with back then.

>balloon rocks

Don't forget
>After penetrating enough people, they finally get tired of his shit and beat him by blasting him with jizz.

Standards and Practices were basically nonexistent back then.

Back then it wasn't specifically made for kids, just general audiences who weren't as paranoid and overprotective of what their kids saw.

Somebody post the Cobweb Motel

youtube.com/watch?v=lTe9njxL1RU&t=103s

Here you go user:
youtu.be/jrjWWvynr5s

youtu.be/wlLHZruDCAA
youtu.be/wjpCaEhBNJU
>Do you like to boop de boop Sup Forums?
youtu.be/SRB2YlQOSBI
>Also this isn't rubber hose but it's my favorite Silly Symphony
youtu.be/5ncfXue1cxA

Thanks, really loved this cartoon they would show it in class I'd just look on in aww seeing how the pro did animation back in the old days.

youtube.com/watch?v=SoJkxNa6v14

So some neat things about this cartoon:

Contains two Cab Caloway songs: Old Man on the Mountain and the Scat Song he sings at the end

The scene where Betty Boop asks "What are you gunna do?!" and is met with a reply of "I'm gunna do the best I can!" was referenced in The Nightmare before Christmas in an exchange between Sandy Claws and Oogie Boogie.

This one one of the last "lewd" Betty Boop cartoons. Also the last one to use jazz music. According to film historian Christopher Lehman, the sexually suggestive nature of this film caused "some Americans at the time, especially Catholics," to complain to Paramount Studios to tone down the Betty Boop character. This can be seen when an old man sees Betty and acts crazy, a fish starts to follow her before getting hit by his wife, and Betty's dress even is removed in one scene. According to Lehman, "In dispensing with the African-American entertainers and their music after limiting the 'Betty Boop' series' sexual references, Fleischer thus acknowledged the widely assumed connection between raciness and blackness." After 1934, African-American jazz music would no longer appear in Betty Boop cartoons, and she metamorphosized into a more conservative, mature, domestic character who often played only a supporting role.

>"oh such trash"
Was he the earliest user guys?

Ub Iwerks in general was disturbing for some reason. The wolf in this freaked me out a lot as a kid. youtube.com/watch?v=4kg0jVmgb8g

I wonder if part of it is just the old distortion you get with the music recording that makes it feel spooky.

>last five seconds
fucking amazing

This might as well be first documented case of whinny assholes ruining cartoons for everyone just because they got offended.

I don't get why old cartoons get the racist label card when they were endorsing things black comedians and musicians did at the time.

where's this from?

reminds me of how originally all kid's fairy tales were really gruesome

>pulse_nightclub.webm