/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Im Going To Eviscerate You Edition

>Upcoming Releases:

swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Adventures #5 (Wed 13)
Star Wars#40 (Wed 13)
Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi (Fri 15)
The Last Jedi: Bomber Command (Fri 15)
The Last Jedi: Cobalt Squadron (Fri 15)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg [Open]

>Rebels Recon: Rebel Assault
youtube.com/watch?v=zXt9ZmN-V-k [Open]

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY [Open]

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc [Open]

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptome.org/2012/07/gent-forum-spies.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Literally one of the dumbest clone trooper units

Learn to take out the [Open]s already

Watch out for those ____ ______

>Captain Phasma still does absolutely nothing

nig gers

ANKLE CANNONS

Long lekku.

>master race

If you ain't bullshiting you have to tell me does Luke go out like a bitch? I'll legit post an e-mail address if you don't wanna spoil it here.

Tell me /swco/, we all know this movie is going to be terrible, even I do, and yet many of us, me included, are going to see it.
Why? Are we slaves to a franchise we liked growing up?

You the Jedi Killing super soldiers are dumb?
Just leave. And take your shit taste with you.

Disney Sequels?

Fuck off

>stable boy is the hero of the final movie of this trilogy
>it's a set up for the next trilogy, and the stable boy is the new Anakin

RING THEORY

I know I sure am!

Because it's gonna be a train wreck and I wanna watch

He goes out like Yoda.

Just report.

Is there any substantive proof on these leaks so far? They seem awfully at odds with people's initial impressions/reviews who were confirmed at the premiere. I'm just starting to think Disney is deliberately paying people to post close-but-not-too-close lies.

I never go to theatres because my clinical autism makes them too intense for me. I wait for them to come out on disk.

Because aside from the fact that it would break my parents' hearts, the only reason I haven't killed myself is because Star Wars still exists.

I don't wanna feel left out when we discuss the film

Rey and finn don't get a new ship in TFA

Because I like Rose, even if no one else does

More like Disney is paying people to hype up the movie.

Alright fuckers, I've had it with Disney Wars.
Is there a good reading order for the EU?

>yfw warner bros is paying people to shit on the movie

Nah it wont, at worst it'll be mediocre and unsurprising. People will scream and complain that their head canon didn't happen, then they'll move on and read/watch another part of the SW universe

>bebe posters
Ah who am I kidding, how many of us here areally actual regulars and how many are invaders?

It's actually true. I was offered money to be an 'influencer', but I do this shit for free.

>bebe
That's not "bebe" you dumb faggot

I'll see the camrip if it's passable.

>Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi
It's just 'Star Wars - The Last Jedi'. The episode number is not a part of the movie's title in the new movie naming scheme. You're using the prequel/special edition naming scheme.

nope

That would require the EU to be good first.

>space cenobites

Tatooine Ghost->Thrawn Trilogy/Hand of Thrawn->NJO

tell me about it.

it just feels like they are trying to turn an escapist fantasy into grim n gritty drama by killing all the characters we love.

No idea. I really liked Labyrinth of Evil and a lot of the others set around the clone wars. Approaching Storm is pretty good.
Been coming here for years. I just love Apu Apustaja. Please do not confuse him with Pepe the meanie. Apu is a fren.

Darth Bane
Darth Plagues
Labyrinth of Evil & Revenge Of The Sith.
Start with these and you will be sold.

>Are we slaves to a franchise
you know why user it the only thing that can love us

That's a good little mouse. Have some extra cheese.

NOPE

shut up troy denning

Novels
Yoda Dark Rendezvous
Shatterpoint
Labyrinth of Evil
ROTS
Kenobi
Thrawn Trilogy/Hand of Thrawn Duology
X-Wing Series

Comics
Tales of the Jedi
Republic
Empire
Dark Empire I

Thanks

>shut up troy denning
Tatooine Ghost is great and people who hate his later books have agreed with me on that.

I'm going to see just how much of my shiposting ended up in the real thing

Disney's Star Wars is objectively better than Lucas's. You literally cannot dispute this fact.

the dark eldar but more shit

Having watched all the movies in the last few days, I've gotta point out that ANH feels off compared to the rest of the series. The tone is different. The pace is slower. George clearly hadn't made the decisions that Vader was Luke's father and Leia was his sister. Some of the things Obi Wan says about Anakin, the Clone Wars, and the Old Republic aren't exactly correct. People will come up with explanations that make these "off" statements canon, but let's be real here, George was just swinging wild with the story at the time, and probably didn't feel like cleaning up the inconsistencies.

The best way I can describe it is that ANH feels like an "old" movie, and ESB and ROtJ feel like "modern" movies.

Wow, it's almost like one was a standalone and the other two weren't.

>insulting one of the two canon movies
People like you are the cancer killing Star Wars.

I'm going to love this movie and you can't stop me!

>>insulting one of the two canon movies
one of the two canon
WHAT

YOU MADMAN! DON'T YOU KNOW YOU'LL STOP THE REST OF US FROM HATING IT IF YOU DO?!

Everything you say is true but also kinda unnecessary to say.
ANH was a standalone film until it was a runaway success, what else is there to say?

I'll can tell you now. 0%.

>ANH feels like an "old" movie
They all feel like old movies

ANH and ESB are the only two canon movies.

FUCK YOU I MIGHT EVEN GO SEE IT AND ENJOY IT TWICE NOW GOOD JOB YOU RUINED IT FOR EVERYONE

ANH and Holiday Special are the only two canon movies.

user DON'T BE RASH

THINK OF YOUR FAMILY. THEY LOVE YOU.

Give me one good argument to why the ST is bad that doesn't boil down to "NOT MUH"

Just get the fuck out.

>Porgs in my shitpost
>Porgs in movies
Checkmate loser

>The best way I can describe it is that ANH feels like an "old" movie, and ESB and ROtJ feel like "modern" movies.
I agree.
I think that's at least partially because of the British film crew and large amounts of Guinness and Cushing.

this desu

too much muh at the expense of anything new

The soundtrack is subpar, TCW had more memorable music

>according to visual guide leaks, Luke is living off the green milk from these... sloths
I'm gonna be sick.

it's just a copy of a new hope

I HAVE NO FAMILY I HAVE NO FRIENDS I HAVE NOTHING BUT MY LOVE FOR STAR WARS AND I MUST INDULGE IT BECAUSE STAR WARS IS AMAZING

>blu bantha milk is ok

>Are we slaves to a franchise we liked growing up?
Its true, all of it.

He's in a meditative crosslegged pose when we see him again. He's very emotional and stumbles a little trying to regain his composure.
He gets back up and crosses his legs again and looks at two setting suns on Ach-to while binary sunset plays. Some pretty nice shots of him silhouetted against the sunset. We then see him look like he's at peace with himself and he slowly fade away like Yoda as his cloak blows away in the wind. Given that he fades like Obi-Wan and Yoda and doesn't slump over like a lifeless body like Qui-Gon, the assumption is he becomes a force ghost,
though we don't see anything afterwards.
The movie is basically over at this point.

Tales of the Jedi
KOTOR (comic)
KOTOR
KOTOR 2

Before I read this spoiler tell me 3 things please,
1. did you like the movie
2. do you like the prequels
3. do you like TFA
?

·There is no story or characters(Unique Characters.)
·No good looking new or actual aliens from the other movies.
·No cool planets or new ships.

Should I go on?

brainlet memes are a mistake that will haunt us to our graves

It's worse than TCW movie

What about muh holiday special?

Hello /swco/. I have an interesting idea to bring up. Please suspend disbelief until you finish reading it.

Put yourself in the shoes of a hundred-billion-dollar company like Disney. You obviously want your brands to do well, and you know that the internet heavily influences opinion and thus sales. You can buy off the reviewers and the big figures, but on a place like Sup Forums everyone is anonymous. So you need a different solution.

You want Sup Forums to have the appearance of liking what you churn out. So you hire some people to post things on it that support your movies and cartoons. You can file this on your budget as "marketing" or something similar, and if you have enough, you can manufacture consensus.

If you're interested in other techniques by which a forum can be subverted, I urge you to read the Gentleperson's Guide to Forum Spies. cryptome.org/2012/07/gent-forum-spies.htm

Now obviously this doesn't mean all fans of TFA are paid shills. But when you see someone repeatedly spouting immense praise for it, consider if they might have an economic interest in the matter.

Thank you for your time.

I haven't seen the that for a while, but I think TFA is better than that

really makes you think

1. I don't know. My gut reaction after seeing TFA was emptiness. My gut reaction after seeing RO was that was pretty good. My gut reaction after seeing TLJ was feeling stunned and trying to process everything in the movie, which I still haven't.

If the story of the prequels were boiled down to a few pages of what the overall story was going to be, the story would be pretty good. Execution was flawed though. 3>1>2

TFA is a solid "eh" for me. Don't love it, but I don't hate it.

If Kylo Ren gets redeemed by killing Snoke in tlj, who is even going to be the villain in IX?

>Execution was flawed though.
More flawed than TFA?
There IS a correct answer by the way.

-han/leia break up
-luke is made into a failure
-the jedi aren't revived
-han dies
-starkiller base is just a bigger badder death star.

[green]>people actually believe this[/green]
lol

Sheev

He is still evil.

>-han dies

IT ENDS WHERE IT BEGAN

Reminder that Snoke was in Jedi Prince
Dark Greetings and Dark Blessings, /swco/

Conflict lacks context, Starkiller Base has no real weight, barely any classic aliens.

>You want Sup Forums to have the appearance of liking what you churn out
Literally nobody cares about this

It's a valid point to make, but I don't think it qualifies here.

This is star wars we're talking about, they don't need to shill anything. Every movie theater will be sold out throughout this weekend, regardless of what Sup Forums thinks of it.

Sup Forums has had a lot of media attention lately. It's where all the hip young kids go to be edgy.