Nova

If any of you guys had any hope of Nova making it to the MCU it might not happen anymore. The sperg that runs Cosmicbooknews annoyed James Gunn by giving his phone number on his website and him and his followers called him non-stop.

James Gunn posted this after said sperg started tweeting him about adding Nova to the MCU
>twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/940057493027164160
Then he made a facebook post (pic related) that goes into detail about what happened.

On a side note, Gunn revealed on his twitter the top five characters he gets asked about the most and they are:

1) Cosmo
2) Adam Warlock
3) Moon Knight
4) Howard the Duck
5) Nova

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=892OcWBsTzU
youtu.be/lVh9S_Yel8Y?t=15m28s
archive.is/e1Kvb
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Maybe this is small of me -but it's also true- that now when the character of Nova comes up, he is linked in my brain, to some degree, with how Matt gave away my phone number on his site. So my original response to Matt wasn't completely a joke - it does make it a little more difficult for me to feel any passion for the character or desire to include him.

Wow yeah Nova is definitely out and unless Feige wants him, he probably won't be in the MCU anymore.

jesus christ nova fans

Why do I get the feeling this Matt McGloin fucker is one of those people that actively chose to not support the most recent Nova book just because Sam was still in it?

God, I hope fanboyism isn't what reduced Cosmo to mere cameo status in these movies...

>3) Moon Knight
He's bullshitting us. He just really wants to make a Moon Knight movie which I'm not against but you can be sure as fuck I don't want it under Gunn's direction.

It's like HEAT never fucking left.

>"it was mostly the same couple of numbers"
The absolute state of Ryderfags.

>b-but nova would have gotten better sales if dickfags had bought it!!
lel they probably did.

Dick Ryder move

Oh, you have no idea. You can get banned from Cosmicbooknews if you don't call Sam "NINO" (Nova In Name Only). I'm actually not joking. You can be the biggest Dick Rider fan in the world, but you make that one mistake, you're out. Permanently.

>Ryder
>Ryder
Bendis please.

>You putting a pack of Big Red gum in your pocket and walking out of the store is a joke?
>Yes!
>It's not funny.
>It doesn't matter. What matters is the intention. And I intended it as a hilarious joke.
>Good point. You're free to go.
Love this classic dry wit.

Seriously though if you're being an asshole don't run to the safety of the "Tee hee, just kidding" defense it just makes you look like an asshole who is also tremendously full of shit.

>In 2008, Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning put out a series of comics with the Guardians featured in the movies. Kevin Feige read those comics, and having always loved Star Wars, thought they would make a good, modern space opera.

Huh, didn't know it was Feige that really got the ball rolling on that one through reading Abnett and Lanning's run.

Part of me thinks this is just James trying to scare Matt, but then again he could make an example of Nova as a warning to any other psycho fans out there.

Seriously, fuck that faggot, way to fucking embarrass a while fandom, you absolute cretin McShitter.

Now is not the time for comedy, ...that comes later.

>Love this classic dry wit.
If only he did more of this instead of loltazurface!!!! toords!!! or lolgrootbringstufforlike5minutesstraight!!! on the movies.

More people ask about Howard the Duck than Adam Warlock?! Nigga, I'm calling shenanigans.

>Why do I get the feeling this Matt McGloin fucker is one of those people that actively chose to not support the most recent Nova book just because Sam was still in it?

He's the guy who coined the term NINO and he banned Nova fans who liked Sam. He even banned one of the biggest DickRiderfags that I know.

If you check his website's messageboard (which is pretty dead for obvious reasons) you'll see that they hated every Nova fan that doesn't agree with them and call them shills and NINO lovers, they're fucking crazy. They also hate the NMB Nova fans.

He's the guy that wrote a bunch of stoner jokes for Shaggy in the Scooby Doo movie, do you really expect subtlety out of this nimrod?

...can you not read?

No, more people ask about Adam Warlock than Howard the Duck. Adam is the no. 2 most asked character.

>go to the CBN article
>that faggot fucking links the article where he posted the number
kek

Other characters he gets asked for.

I hope you're not giving him hits and using archive now or whatever it's called.

But yes Matt Mcgroin has no shame.

>Gunn got mad when I called his movies goofy. My bad. -Matt
This guy.

I bet Judge asked for Phyla non stop.

>Kitty Pride
I fucking hate casuals.
>Jack Flagg nowhere to be seen

Dickfags are all dicks and fags, for both Big 2 companies
cancerous fan bases that should be contained

Bendis era Guardians requests are nothing but casuals.

Good thing Gunn didn't bother with anything post DnA and he won't ever acknowledge Bendis Guardians.

I cannot imagine the mindset that would make this seem like a good idea that would actually work.

>But Guardians was one of the properties Marvel fans asked for the least
Omoshiroi.

Oh man, are you guys not familiar with this Matt McGloin guy?
He's an absolute Loon.

Lemme show you his article when the last (fantastic) Nova series was cancelled

>I've lost count, but another Marvel Comics NINO (Nova In Name Only) series is cancelled.

>The latest NINO relaunch (fourth? fifth? sixth?) was a lame attempt to bait in the Richard Rider Nova fans. Issue four is reported to have a miserable 15K in sales, and #7 will be its last issue.

>Adios and good riddance, I say.

>I've refrained from giving the latest NINO series any press - good or bad - as I knew it would tank quickly without the support of Cosmic Book News, and I was right.

>Fans don't want replacement characters. Fans don't want their favorite characters replaced in a shitty way that ticks them off. Fans don't want to be insulted by writers. Fans don't want to be insulted by artists. Fans don't want to be insulted by editors.

>That's like more than 2x the NINO series. Why would Marvel continue with the character of NINO? Why wouldn't Marvel give the fans what they want with Richard Rider Nova? This is the problem, and has been a problem, since Axel Alonso took over as EIC: Marvel doesn't care about the fans. The good news is that a lot of fans are wising up as Marvel Comics sales are tanking. COSMIC fans knew this first, as Marvel Comics cancelled the entire DnA Marvel COSMIC line when word of the Guardians of the Galaxy movie getting green lit came down, and replaced them with sub-par characters, creators and stories. Now the rest of the Marvel fans are catching up (about time).

(Cont)

>Marvel Comics had a great thing with Abnett and Lanning COSMIC: It sold well, was separate from the rest of the Marvel Comics universe, and most importantly--it catered to a specific fan. Marvel COSMIC fans are unlike the "zombies" that infect the comic book stores and buy anything from their favorite brand (with the numbers thankfully dwindling). You keep buying and supporting crap, then don't be surprised if that is what you keep getting.

>I'll even toot my own horn and say Marvel Comics had this site for tons of free press. This entire site was created because of Nova and Quasar (that's where I came up with the colors of the logo: blue and yellow). We reguarly interviewed the creators, posted exclusive previews and Marvel COSMIC content. We had a forum where the COSMIC fans could regularly discuss the titles. Marvel basically just shit all over all of that when they cancelled COSMIC. Did they really think us fans were going to support the cancelletion and reboots? Mind blown!

>Marvel COSMIC fans have a bit higher of a standard, IMO. We're not just going to settle for a "Nova" just because it's "Nova" (at least most of us). Another bonus regarding Abnett and Lanning Marvel COSMIC was that it was a GATEWAY for us COSMIC fans into the rest of the Marvel Comics universe. A lot of us didn't go to the LCS to buy Spider-Man or Avengers - and then by Nova and Guardians of the Galaxy - we would go to the LCS to get Marvel COSMIC, and then buy Avengers and Spider-Man!

(Cont)

>The latest NINO relaunch (fourth? fifth? sixth?) was a lame attempt to bait in the Richard Rider Nova fans.
This was true though.

>>Evidence of this is that sales for NINO have been downright terrible. The character got TONS of publicity from Marvel--TONS! Rider Nova got none of that from Marvel Comics, and guess what? Rider Nova sold better! It blows my mind how the Marvel Comics execs could cancel DnA COSMIC and continue to go with something so bad as NINO and Bendis' Guardians and related spinoffs (which are cancelled every fourth or sixth issue as well). Who is making these decisions?! It just screams that Marvel doesn't care.

>Now I'm guessing with the latest NINO cancellation, you'll hear from Brevoort, and he'll say something along the lines of blaming Rider fans for not supporting the book, blaming Rider as not being able to support a book, etc. Brevoort always places the blame on something else and never where the actual problems lies: with Marvel themselves. We already know that Rider Nova sold a rock solid 35K per Marvel Comics editor Bill Rosemann, so you can't place the blame on the character or its fans. It's obvious the problem lies with the content and editorial staff and execs: We don't want a replacement characters! Same goes for Quasar, Captain America, Hulk, Wolverine, etc.

>Marvel has never answered the question why they cancelled DnA Marvel Cosmic. So my question is: Why would you cancel a line of comics that was a success and replace them with something that is not a success and continue to do so for literally years?

>Someone please answer this for me.

>Long live Richard Rider as Nova.

Now, I'm not saying the guy doesn't have a few actual points, but that doesn't mean he has to be an absolute asshole about it.
The fact that he wouldn't even give the new book a chance just because Sam was in it is crazy to me. He acts like it was just a Sam book guest starring Rich.

Except for the part where it wasn't?

They brought Richard Rider back, and showed him a ton of respect. Except for maybe the first issue, the book gave him and Sam equal panel time.

Did you even read the damn book? It was great.

I don't think anyone thought they would do Guardians, it really came out as a surprise.

I recall Sup Forums even flipping out when it was announced and all those hype train images that were made.

Good times.

I'm perfectly aware of who he is and the people in his messageboard are fucking nuts too, they talk like their a military unit or something.

It's HEAT levels of crazy.

He also claims that the Guardians movie only happened because of his website and him.

Sam is a character not a lot of people cared about but Loveness' and Perez' comic was a good chance for him and Rich to get some recognition and get people interested but a lot of Rich fans didn't get it and Sam fans tend to be tumblrinas or reverse weeaboos (Sam is popular with the Japanese because of Diskwars) who only pirate comics.

>Sam fans tend to be tumblrinas or reverse weeaboos (Sam is popular with the Japanese because of Diskwars) who only pirate comics.
Two nukes weren't enough.

>this lesser iteration of a character isn't selling what do we do?!!
>bring back the original character that ought to put some sales on this book!
The entire reasoning behind the resuscitation of Dick Rider.

Please don't be a fool. The only reason the original characters are still running around is because the minority legacies don't sell.

Fuck off, McGROIN

>I recall Sup Forums even flipping out when it was announced and all those hype train images that were made.

It makes me sad knowing how many contrarians/newfags trying to fit in turned on it once it became popular. I remember the first time the hype train image was made. I remember the first concept art of Rocket. Good times.

this is very validating as someone who thought for years marvel cosmic fans were insane but no one else ever seemed to notice

I'll rape you. Name the time and place.

Oh no, a company wants to make money by giving the fans what they want! Somebody stop them!

Are these the people with such a ridiculous hateboner for Sam than they'll ban you if you call him anything but NINO ("Nova in Name Only?")

Dick Rider fans are OBSESSED

The autist himself.

youtube.com/watch?v=892OcWBsTzU

According to some guy who used to visit them, yes.

I love Nova, and it's guys like this that make me embarrassed to be a Nova fan.

One guy doesn't represent all of his fans.
Granted, there's not that many, but don't be ridiculous

There's around 5 of them being batshit crazy and the problem is that they are really vocal so they get the most attention.

It's like saying all Hal Jordan fans are HEAT

But yes that guy and his cronies are mega autistic about the character and if Rich makes it to the movies by some act of God then I hope there's a dance off between him and Star-Lord just to trigger that idiot.

This

Yeah this guy definitely has autism.

Gunn should put Frankie Raye nova in to BTFO the fans who harassed him.

What Happened was the Rooker called Gunn during a con panel, he put the phone close to his microphone and Gunn's answering machine gave his number away.

It got recorded and the Cosmicbooknews guy put it up on his website that the phone leaked and encouraged people to call him and ask about Nova.

The video where Rooker leakes the number.
youtu.be/lVh9S_Yel8Y?t=15m28s

This is the Cosmicbooknews article calling attention to it.
archive.is/e1Kvb

And while this wasn't all on the CBN guy, the fact that he did call Gunn and the fact that he encouraged people to do so was stupid and gave Gunn a target to vent his frustration on with people calling him non-stop. Gunn was also never going to stay mad at Rooker for this, he loves the guy.

This shit also happened almost two years ago and it only recently got brought back because of the tweets that OP posted. While another person was asking about Nova the CBN guy decided to demand Annihilation and for Gunn not to make it goody. Gunn saw his name, got triggered by the fact that this guy posted his phone on his website, both went to a back and forth thing, and Gunn decided to call him out nearly two years after the incident.

I honestly thing the CBN guy has problems and he is too in love with Nova to the point, but at the same time James Gunn needs to learn how to use the block button and not give this guy any more of a platform to sperg (because it's obvious this fucker loves attention).