Is Gorillaz finally dead? There's supposed to be a TV show coming out but there's zero hype around here

Is Gorillaz finally dead? There's supposed to be a TV show coming out but there's zero hype around here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GzJGWAfmBco
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hopefully, Humanz was awful

I didn't care much for plastic beach for a while but eventually it drew me in and I ended up liking it a lot. Could it be the same for Humanz?

White bois will NEVER understand how great Humaz is.

The guys JUST released an album.

>There's supposed to be a TV show coming out but there's zero hype around here.
3D or 2D?

>shitty CG
>russell is pointless, more than ever
>wasted potential, doesn't even wrap up leftover stuff from plastic beach

"a-at least the music is good"
"NO!"

incomprehensible black man mumbling into an autotune filter does not make a good song

just? slowpoke

>"NO!"
gets me everytime

2D is in it, yes

Gorillaz is great because they usually have something for everyone
but Humaz was mostly geared towards rap
there were some more alternative songs, but those songs didn't really bring anything new to the Gorillaz sound. "We Got the Power" is easy songs to like, but again wasn't really new
the best new song is "Sleeping Powder" and isn't technically on the album
Also, it has the worst art direction.

>following gorillaz for the "lore"

Oh, I follow it for the "plot"

The Apprentice is the only good track on Humanz

It's called "in development". It could be a year before we see any storyboards or anything.

Doesn't make it a bad song either

Sounds like your mind's shut tight like a clam

Does anyone have a guide for watching everything? It's like music videos and DVD bonus features and shit. I can't keep up.

They had a compilation of the canon shit for the first two Phases on DVD but it's out of print

Humanz was their worst album yet, and I'm saying this as someone who likes more songs on the album than most. Everyone knows the quality has tanked, and that's not even accounting for the awful CGI in this phase.

Their next album has to be pretty good to win people back over, I'd say. Unrelated, but I think a Gorillaz show is a terrible idea. The characters don't really lend themselves to traditional plot structures, and 30 minutes of the band dicking around doing nothing with some songs mixed in sounds unbearable.

Characters are 2D animated, but everything else is up for anything Jamie said

I've always wanted to fuck noodle.

Humanz was good. Not excellent but I've never been that much of a fan of Gorillaz.
This.
I'd still watch it but it doesn't sound promising.

>HUMANZ special edition with supposedly all-new tracks
>most of them are just remixes and alternate versions of existing songs with some wonky instrumental items

What a disappointment

Humanz was nigger music
No rock
No pop
No jazz
Just nigger music WEE WUZ KINGZ

Chew some gum, nigger.
youtube.com/watch?v=GzJGWAfmBco

I'm getting really tired of albums that are basically just "a bunch of artists ft. Gorillaz"

If it's Metalocalypse levels of retard it might work

That's the best part though. Getting absorbed into the little world surrounding the music is what elevates them imo. All of the obnoxious political shit in humanz sucked you out of the interesting world the gorrilaz live in.

That's what happened to me. Initially I hated both of them but not anymore.

>No download of Ode to Idaho yet

Fucking love that song, I'd say better than anything on Humanz.

>every song is Shitty Blartist Rapper You Never Heard Of (featuring Gorillaz)

Never mind the Fuck Drumpf stuff. Goddamn England is seeing constant terror attacks every day and increased stomping on citizens' rights yet your British band is bitching about American politics they have no fucking stake in? Give me a break. Gorillaz was never some underground band with integrity but they went from adequate to absolute trash. Sad that all it took to really tear them down was a run of the mill virtue signal narrative and record companies (envision several parentheses around those words) forcing their terrible amateur thug niggas into their songs. Just retire if everything from here on in is going to be as bad and sell-out as Humanz. Even the album name isn't inspired.

Did 2D really need to start dressing like a transvestite hipster? Did Noodle really need to become a total whore? I know aging is a part of the character concepts but you can handle this so much better. And I don't even know what Russell is anymore other than just some token black guy, I doubt he has a character at all anymore. It's as if Murdoc's satanist magic infected them all.

I liked momentz or was it called movementz featuring de la soul

I prefer Humanz's ironically bad CGI with uncanny mocap to the ugly models of Plastic Beach. not to mention Plastic Beach got canned halfway through and Humanz should actually follow through so it's kind of fair

>create a fun cartoon world vaguely based on our own
>completely ignore it because it's time to whine about american politics
>also the music sucks

UNFAIR jesus christ

>Goddamn England is seeing constant terror attacks every day and increased stomping on citizens' rights yet your British band is bitching about American politics they have no fucking stake in?

This is common in the UK. Its infuriating.

I mean if your country was shit and there was another country fucking up even harder, wouldn't you also want to complain about and make fun of them so you can pat yourself on the back? americans do this with North Korea

I would trade the entire population of London for a Donald Trump here. You have no idea how bad its been getting.

It sounds to me like you can't separate the music from the message and got turbo-butthurt as a result. I'm sorry he's not as conservative as you but that's not really the reason the album is mostly shit. Besides, Plastic Beach was the sellout album. This one actually tried a little (and still sucked balls).

>not really the album is mostly shit

Probably because the Gorillaz are playing backup for their own album for the second time in a row. I started listening to Gorillaz because I liked the Gorillaz, not a random assortment of fuckers I don't know (with Gorillaz singing sometimes)

I just wanted more 2d animated noodle and they fucked me over

>you can't separate the music from the message
This board bans any discussion where cartoons and politics overlap, don't give me that jazz.

Go to bed, grandpa. Their look is fine.

how is this relevant

>cartoon band dedicates songs to whining about a foreign leader who in no way affects their country

what is the show going to be about when all of them have the same "edgy hipster" character now

i'm pretty sure musicians have done the thing before where they write songs about plights in other countries

like it's nothing new

misfired here ya go

Jazz is nigger music

i thought jazz created rock and roll

If an American band bitched about the state of some European country we'd never hear the end of it. Keep to your tiny rape island, you retarded faggot.

>Keep to your tiny rape island
>i'm in the US

ok?

I didn't even knew they are making a TV show. I mean it was probably handed around as rumors since... fuckin forever, but is it for real this time?

I always wished it was an actual series back when I was a kid but I'm no longer interested in them as much. I'll still check it out though.

Non-white here, Humanz was just a mess. Collab artists weird and out of place, the flow and energy of the album was all over the place, most of the beats were forgettable aside from a few choice ones, the good ones were alright but the bad ones were REALLY bad. 34 tracks with the deluxe edition and not much of actual substance. Kinda sad. Maybe we just grew out of Gorillaz? Or maybe Gorillaz is in the wrong decade?

no, I created rock and roll when I banged ur mum LOL

Nigger shut the fuck up and keep voting for your retarded orange president all you want. But you can't stop the rest of the world from telling you you're retarded.

>34 tracks

honestly who the fuck NEEDS that many tracks? it was a whole mess and a lot of experimenting that just didn't stick together

my mom is dead you fucking disgusting necrophiliac!

I know

Britain is far worse. Maybe instead of whining about a place they don't live in, they should sing about their own country. It's not like they have to, I'm not buying their horrible albums and neither is anyone else by the look of things.

>Super Deluxe edition 34 tracks
>14 bonus tracks
>tfw bought the normal deluxe edition with only 6 bonus tracks
>they're different than the ones in Super Deluxe
>mfw I have no face

The way he moves is oddly terrifying

If you don't like the music that's one thing, but you can't include the bonus tracks when talking about the flow of the album. The main 20 tracks were set up fine. High-energy and somewhat upbeat until Busted and Blue, then it gets slower and ominous before flipping it on its head for We Got The Power. Everything after that is extra.

I'm not gonna sit here and complain Demon Days was shit because of the 500 shitty DARE remixes on D-sides.

>Maybe instead of whining about a place they don't live in, they should sing about their own country
He said as he posted a 3.6 MB compilation of horrible shit happening in another country.
>It's not like they have to
Then why are you so upset?

But all of those genres were pioneered by black people
I’ve been on Sup Forums for 10 years and I still don’t get how people can be dumb like this

>The main 20 tracks were set up fine

That's actually the part that didn't feel in sync for me. I listened to the rest of the tracks later; ain't got no time to listen to mediocre gorillaz album for 2 hours.

Because watching someone try to talk shit while chewing mouthfuls of it comes off as retarded. It's bad enough the songs suck, I don't need uneducated shite political opinions muscled in too.

>all of those genres were pioneered by black people

PROTIP: guys like Hendrix ripped off Clapton, the "blacks invented western music" myth is a fairy tale

>you don’t have to watch X
>I HATE X STOP FORCING X DOWN MY THROAT
>you still don’t have to watch X
You still don’t have to watch X

You think this shit isn't going on in the US? The whining about minorities here is just angrier.

Only think that would 100% never happen in America is people not knowing where bacon comes from.

Just so happens that I've been thinking about this subject today. And how 'cultural appropriation' is bullshit because everyone is 'stealing' from everyone and everything else when it comes to culture.

You might think rap was created by blacks of america in the 80s or whatever. Fuck no. Rhythm/music assisted poetry/literature has been a thing since ancient fucking greece. Shit like the Iliad and other epics were really fuckin long, and it would help people remember them better if they were accompanied by music, in fact this is still something that happens to humans: better learning and remembering through the help of multimedia. So the greeks bust out their lyres and spit them barz about Odysseus n shiet.

Hendrix wasn’t good for any reason other than his guitar skills
I’m pretty sure one of his most famous songs is a cover

He’s not who I’m talking about for rock n roll

>watching someone try to talk shit while chewing mouthfuls of it comes off as retarded
I know, I'm doing it right now.
Anyway, Hallelujah Money is not that bad IMHO but maybe that's just because I'm not a right winger focused on how bad shit it's in another country for international dick measuring.

tl;dr "your opinion is offending me, stop it right now"

>You think this shit isn't going on in the US?
No

Hip hop isn’t different because they invented spoken word to a beat
It’s really more from the technology they used to create music
Remixing music in an unconventional way to make a new sound rather than writing a specific sound to fit lyrics

Hip hop itself wasn’t just about rapping, it was a whole culture
Your very narrow look at what hip hop is shows what you really don’t know about music

Maynard James Keenan is a batshit insane American talking shit about conservatives worldwide for decades. He’s put out plural albums about how everyone else is stupid.

Neither side has a monopoly on that shit. Although it was amusing to see country music shit on Trump constantly at the CMAs this year, Donny Boy is reverting back to the global punchline he was before the far right made him their husbando.

At least Gorillaz still has good songs.

Please show me, or quote me, as to where I told you to stop

What are you saying? That race is just a mental spook for retarded individuals and that we are all, dare I say it, Humanz?

Obviously technology gave way to a lot of new dimensions. Be that in music or fiction or whatever else. But the base idea existed long before anyone could really claim themselves as originators.

My point is that nominating any single group of people being the 'original' creators of something culture related is dumb. It's never one man or woman, or one ethnicity.

>At least Gorillaz still has good songs

They really don't, this is the salient issue. It just so happens their fall from grace coincides with the Trump Curse.

>It's never one man or woman, or one ethnicity.
its also usually never black people

>obviously
You incorrectly pinpointed the reason that people think hip hop is new and different from other genres, your point is irrelevant given the context of your argument

If you knew anything about musical history, and not some crap that you fished out of some nationalist apologist group, you’d stand a decent chance at making any argument

You could extend the “base idea” behind music to essentially any point in history as long you incorrectly surmise what makes music the same

Took the words right out of my mouth.

it's coming up
it's coming up
IT'S DARE

> Jamie's book keeps getting delayed.

I only found out Gorillaz had a new album last month.
I listened to the whole thing.
It sucked.

Know what song was pretty damn good?
Sleeping Powder

It was easily better than literally every song on Humanz.

>20 songs
>13 of them featuring some other jagoffs

It was like the musical equivalent of Marvel comics.

So how many of you got a boner from Noodle's dancing in DARE?

Bullshit. Of course Trump affects Britain and other european countries. And a lot of american artists wwre involved with the album.

I liked submission, andromeda, and busted and blue
Momentz was a fun song, but not one I’d put into a playlist of my favorite songs

Honestly, I only truly enjoy maybe about 3-5 songs from each album
The other songs are good, but not ones I think are great

I don’t think Humans was their best, but I wouldn’t start shitting on the gorillaz after this album
If you wanted them to quit because of a bad album, you should have stopped listening after the fall

>delayed

hes lazy

> your point is irrelevant given the context of your argument
What is my argument again? What's your argument for that matter?

>some crap that you fished out of some nationalist apologist group
where the fuck did this come from; dude I'm 5'9" half pajeet amazon worker

>You could extend the “base idea” behind music to essentially any point

See, now we can follow this train of thought into Ō͇̭͕̘̦̩ͣ̿͐̓͑̚B͖̟͎̌͗̽̐ͯ̔L̝͂͂̈̓ͨ̚I͕̩̤̎̑ͤ̍̏̂͛V̝̞̪̭̄͐Ï̞̘ͫO̤̠̞̦̟̞̭̤ͫ͂N̳̠͚͔̠̤̥̄͂̉̊̔

>american artists

I can't put enough quotes around the word "artist" when describing the people Gorillaz allowed to take center stage in Humanz so I'm not even going to try. I'm not tempted to explain to a total mental defective how Donald Trump probably isn't as influential in England right now as the psychotic refugees sprinting around with kebab machetes trying to hack up the natives and then rape their wives. And various other atrocities the Gorillaz could make a very meaningful statement by addressing, but won't because they fucking sold out to American record companies and now follow the clique narrative.

>My point is that nominating any single group of people being the 'original' creators of something culture related is dumb.
You’d have a solid argument if your evidence wasn’t incorrect

My argument is that your argument is flawed because you prove it with evidence that is wrong

If you didn’t have a “point” why bother saying “my point is”

You using vague words and stumbling when confronted about your ideas just further proves you don’t really know what you’re talking about
If you’re trying to tell me you didn’t have an argument, there’s literally no reason to respond

>one time a black guy banged two bones together rhythmically
>"we wuz music inventas"

I just wanted to post on Sup Forums what I pondered at work today :(

Wait hold on I got it. So I said that nominating 1 group of people for originating something cultured like music (i.e. american blacks for hiphop) is dumb. Then you said, 'no ur dumb. yo don listen to ORIGINAL music'. but THEN what I meant was that...

Remember the New York City blackout of 1977? A lot of looting happened that time. Various musical equipment was stolen. In fact a lot of people associate the birth of hiphop on the east coast with that night. Whoever the culrpit may be... do you think hiphop would be the different if the blackout didn't happen?

Good. The new album was god awful. Too much random rap from guest nonces.

Are you trying to defend those poor, defenseless blacks and "give them their rightful place in history" while also insisting they habitually steal everything, and are responsible for most theft?

I hit literally every nail on the head didn't I