Miles Morales

Does anyone other SJWs who don't even read his comics care about Miles?

He has potential and normie popularity. Marvel wants a teenage Spider-Man and they have one. Now that Bendis is gone they COULD get a good writer to make him into the legacy character he should be but I don't think Marvel is at that point of competency just yet...

Nopes. Just like with nobody but Sup Forums cares about Alt-hero. Remember that comic and how popular it was for 2 weeks?

I think that having a copy of certain character of every possible gender and ethnicity is a good practice. Non-white non-men also read comic books and deserve own hero.
It's pretty good option to protect originals. Much better that blackwashing, gender bender or something similar.

>having a pointless character who has no original personality for the sake of PCness is good
If you aren't going to do the character right than don't bother at all.

THERE ALREADY THREE MILES THREAD

HE IS REALLY POPULAR
OH MY GOD

No they don't. Miles Morales was great during the time when I was a normie, I'm still considered as one but I always kept my eye out for Miles's adventures because I'm black and I like the kid. I wanna see him grow instead of being a PC cutout.

But that's all he is now. And nothing else honestly, if they killed him off. It would suck but let's face it. It was bound to happen.

Apparently OP is the answer to his own question.

if they develop the character maybe. right now, he's just blank slate.

I did before they aged him up and took away his motivation for being spider-man (by not stepping in to help parker before he died)

It really doesn't help that there so many god damn spiders in 616 now. If it were just Peter and Miles then it'd be great chance for a sidekick and mentor story, but you throw in the handful of clones, spider-girls like Silk and Gwen and then the rest of the Web Warriors he doesn't even stand out as "The second Spider-Man".

He's far lore driven than Pete was in the beginning because he has a role to fill. Saying that's not the case just makes you out to be a liar

Except he's not. he's peter in blackface. There's nothing unique or original. From his first issue he's just been peter but black.

I don't really know anything about him but I like his suit. I like Spiderman suits.

IMO there should only be 3. Peter to be the original and the heart of the Marvel Universe, Miles so people can have a young spider-man but hey maybe put him in another part of the city, and Kaine because fuck yeah

I guess we'll find out how popular he really is next December.

>bullshit power ups at the most convenient times

Nah, his character is fan fiction tier at this point.

nope

black, brown, and gay

a triple threat

>He has potential

Yeah just like ANY other character.
It's meaningless.

Yeah but not every character is getting dick sucked by casuals. Miles is popular and his comic sells.

You could justify it by saying Kaine as the more "hardcore' spider and if you want Miles in another city you could have his 1st arc be in NY with a short interaction with Peter before he leaves along with some way to communicate for future adventures instead of standard comic/tv conveniance that has people inexplicably bump into each other duting crossovers

>Miles is popular and his comic sells.
Less popular than Aquaman it would seem.

that's still a lot better than i thought
he's only gonna get bigger

More popular than Daredevil though?

Considering aquaman got a movie coming up and was a popular joke for decades, yes?

He's got a cool suit and potential power set. Just gotta nerf that one hit Venom Blast. And make absolutely sure that Bendis never puts his grubby paws on Miles again.

I'd like him more if he spent a year being Peter's sidekick

Miles should be a girl instead.

Feel bad for Daredevil.

>Cool suit
Its just a damn recolor
>Nerf
He's actually gotten stronger believe it or not

>Its just a damn recolor
Okay so EVERY Spider-suit is just a recolor except for like, idk, armored spider suits? Christ man, that's HIS suit. It's different. Spider-Man doesn't own the rights to full spandex suits. Ya damn clown.

I have a friend that really likes him, but stopped reading him because Bendis.

he's interested in reading him again now that Bendis is leaving.

Miles has no unique traits or supporting cast of his own - he literally just uses Peter's. And saying that Peter is less driven when he feels he has to live up to his failure regarding Uncle Ben? That's just wrong.

Miles Morales has no reason to exist. He is a lazy attempt at just making Black Spider-man - something that COULD have been interesting instead just became WE REPLACED PETER WITH MILES NOW LOVE HIM. He has Peter's rogue's gallery, he has peter's supporting cast - the only thing he added to the mythos was Ganke and VENOM ONE-SHOT KO.

Notice how Miguel has his own interesting rogue's gallery and supporting cast? No one screamed that he was just replacing peter - because he wasn't.

He got a supporting cast. What are you talking about?

Its basically just a tweak of Alex Ross's one design. Why are you getting upset about people not jerking off to Miles's costume? Oh wait, its because its one of the very few good things people can say about him

Like a lot of modern Marvel characters, I like his concept and potential more than his books.

But I also hold the unpopular opinion that superheroes should be reset with new characters regularly as older characters find natural ends to their stories. Most of the new characters that Marvel has introduced I'm fine with conceptually, Marvel is just full of shitty writers right now.

Miles or Aquaman?

Both

Why they dont make him gay? It's time for revenge.

By your logic only bootlicking nazifags can hate Miles.

A better revenge is actually making him a actual character that can stand on his own feet with his own enemies and supporting cast. Making him gay or making him a girl doesn't solve anything. In fact it will just make the character worse.