Best Netflix Original Animated Show

I´m talking about new releases of the year, so new seasons of Voltron and Bojack are out. This year Netflix has released these animated series so far:

- Edgar Rice Burroughs’ Tarzan and Jane

- We're Lalaloopsy

- Legend Quest (Las Leyendas)

- Buddy Thunderstruck

- Spirit Riding Free

- True and the Rainbow Kingdom

- The Magic School Bus Rides Again

- Lego Elves: Secrets of Elvendale

- Super Monsters

- Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters

- Castlevania

- Neo Yokio

- Big Mouth

Which production has been your favorite, and which do you consider best of this year, and the worst?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/I2UJmbluACg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>True and the Rainbow Kingdom
Watched 3 episodes of it so far, and all I can say is, it's cute.

Haven't seen all of them so far, but I gotta give it to Legends Quest. It shows what good writing, acting, and design can accomplish on a shoestring budget.

Buddy Thunderstruck is pretty dank.

Don't forget that pic related was also released this year and a 3rd season is already confirmed

3 more days

I really ended up enjoying Stretch Armstrong and Legends the most. Probably would go more with the former, since I didn't like how sanitized Legends felt compared to the movies.

Castlevania was also lots of fun, but it was way too damn short. It felt like set up more than a show on its own right.

Buddy Thunderstruck

Underrated, cool that it's getting a full trilogy

>no bionicle
FUCK you

Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters and Lego Elves have been my favorites. I recommend you watch Stretch it reminds me so much of Spectacular Spiderman.

youtu.be/I2UJmbluACg

Castlevania was the only one on that list I actually watched, so it wins by default.

Lego Elves was surprisingly almost decent.

CastleVania was cool as hell thanks to Shankar, and it seems that they want to adapt other games in the same format.

Neo Yokio was insufferable. It was like a family guy level parody of anime but it lasted more than half an hour and was created by that turd from Vampire Weekend. It fails at recreating and parodying the form.

Big Mouth was funny enough. Maya Rudolph and John Mulaney were enough to make it work for me. They had a good theme song.

So were all going to pick Neo Yokio for being a sleeper hit right?

Netflix is seriously killing it with animated content. There's a bunch more I still need to watch. I loved me some Buddy Thunderstruck though.

Buddy Thunderstruck deserves more viewers, hopefully we get a second season

EASILY Castlevania. I hate that a video game tie-in was so good, especially since it was so fucking short too.

Buddy thunderTruck's dialogue are surprisingly well written.

I could never get into F is for Familly.

Like it reak 70's-show-meet-Simpsons-bad-copy-pasta

Buddy Thunderstruck

>neo yokio was insufferable
>big mouth was funny enough
i have the reverse opinion. big mouth also brought some repressed memories of my neighbor with their semen cookie.
Tom did a spectacular job with the writing, the man did most of the writing except for one episode.

Fucking this.
If Legend Quest got a second season, I am sure BT will get a new one.

>semen cookie
user...

Buddy Thunderstruck is surprisingly good, considering I couldn't give less of a shit about trucking.

>big mouth also brought some repressed memories of my neighbor with their semen cookie
You can't just leave that story hanging

Or buddies.

can you furfags keep your paws off this? I would appreciate if you didn't ruin a good thing with your perverted fetishes.

>people on this board, IN THIS THREAD don't appreciate Neo Yokio
You don't deserve this big Toblerone

It's amazing how this line is very clearly meant to be a joke but the actual execution of it is so horribly bad it circles back to being funny again.

Animefags and cartoonfags are too far up their asses to like Neo Yokio.

It just reminds of stuff like Cromartie and Ghost Stories

It's like those things without being nearly as good as those things. It's "wacky and zany" without the honesty that made Cro High great, and too self important and methodical to let go like Ghost Stories

watching Stretch Armstrong after the other thread mentioned more about it, and I'm having fun, it reminds me of Ben 10 Omniverse mixed in with the 2003 TMNT.

Same here. Already at the season finale and it is such a fun ride. Just the right balance of action and ongoing story.

Going to try out Trollhunters next based on the same sorta enthusiasm.

I've been slowly watching Trollhunters. It's okay, I'm only on episode six I think. It plays off almost every middle school setting cliche.

Castlevania was great, though short.

Castlevania

It kind of takes until the second 13 episode arc to really get going.

Good to hear it gets going at least. I can handle cliche as long as it's not in a self-aware sense. Cliches done in earnest...more bearable.

it comesback in July right?