Have read watchmen countless times

>have read watchmen countless times
>skip the gay pirate shit every time

still haven't read a word of it

Philistine thread?

Why?
If you're reading it multiple times to pick up on hidden symbolism, themes and meaning then why not?

Is this a meme? Because Bourdain is a perfect face for this type of surface level intellectualism where they discuss something they no nothing about. And then mention cocaine or something to look cool.

>something they no nothing
>they no nothing
>no nothing

me too user.
but I was an edgy teenager back then, next time I give the absolute watchmen a read I'll read every last word.

Even the articles in the back of the chapters?

>Newfag saw the zoom-in greentext posts and wanted to join in the fun

You don't do that for a retarded spelling mistake. You do it for phraseology. A single:

>no nothing

would have sufficed.

Welcome to Sup Forums.

>>skip the gay pirate shit every time
>still haven't read a word of it
Feels like you should at least take a glance if youre going to read the book multiple times, I mean at the very least read everything the first time you read a story. I enjoyed the animated version.

>I mean at the very least read everything the first time you read a story.
Almost nobody reads UTH or any of the non-paneled story the first time they read watchmen.

I know this assumptive of me, but I find the only people who've done so are people who don't normally read comics. Maybe it's because they enjoy reading more, maybe it's because comic fans are lazier (as evidenced by the constant complaints about exposition from 80/90s comics).

Almost any time I speak about it with comic reading friends they say they skipped that shit. In the class I had taken with Watchmen on the list all the students who didn't normally read comics were all over that shit.

Skipping TBF is criminal though and anybody who's done so hasn't read watchmen. And probably thinks nixing the alien was smart for the movie.

>bitch about pseudo-intellectualism
>make dumb as shit spelling error
>get called out
>respond with a butthurt retort about memes
Woaw you sure showed us

>us
Go see a doctor.

Also, there's nothing intellectual about spelling.

Look, I'll speak plainly. Alan Moore is not that good a prose writer. He's adequate, and can imitate style well enough, but not more than that.

The LoEG prose sections are terrible.

>Also, there's nothing intellectual about spelling

I bet you had to google to make sure you spelled everything correctly huh?

Can somebody explain to a brainlet what purpose Tales of the Black Freighter has in Watchmen.

It's a play within a play. A symbol of the the degradation of moral humanity when someone is pushed to the edge, which is the macro critique of human society of the book as a whole.

Pirates say "Arrrr"

Watchman is R rated. How dumb you gotta be m8?

t.
Geoff Johns
This, and also about survival after what is around you goes to shit, not if you survive, but HOW. And the implications.

How does disliking pseudo-intellectualism and making spelling errors conflict? Did this actually make sense in your little peanut brain? Kill yourself.

I'm surprised everyone disagrees with OP to be honest. Granted I've only read through the book once but me and my friends have always joked about not giving a shit about that part of the book.

I probably should but (on a surface level at least) it has nothing to do with the main story. Reading Watchmen as a teen, I was kind of just in it for the superhero deconstruction.

Kitchen Confidential was legit. Bourdain new exactly what he was talking about there. Otherwise, you're right.

>hating pirates
At what age did you realize you had awful shit taste

I still haven't read the prose sections of Providence.

>being this mad

Basic elementary school would say otherwise. I mean if we don’t no how to spell then what CAN we do?

Typical pleb who cares more about the plot than the prose.

No you retards, it's a story about doing unspeakable things in name of what's right, a metaphor for Veidt's massacre. And then it shows us what will happen after the ending too.

>where they discuss something they no nothing about
>new exactly what he was talking about there
lol Jimmies rustled beyond the realm of proper grammar.

Do you skip the anime part in kill bill?

I skip all of Kill Bill thats a Weeb movie

What a wanker you are.

ok, now that in unforgivable, i can get not giving a shit about the black freighter but i can say that if you didnt read the prose sections of providnece then you just didnt read providence at all.
the comic just flat out doesnt make any sense unless you read those sections

Fuck man.
Me too.
We can't be the only ones.

What you've said is a hairs breadth away from what I posted. Re-read my post, I was referencing Veidt implicitly (and pretty much everybody else too, Moore tars errbody with the same brush). Regardless, the shipwrecked guy returns to shore and murders innocents he mistakes for monsters, if I remember correctly. Not exactly acting righteously.