How would (You) start a conversation with a girl at the comic book store, user?

Please, post your experiences and true stories.

"you know you can download these for free online right? I only come here to chat up girls, I can show you if you want"

Bathe, shave, brush teeth, put on unwrinkled clean clothes.
Get haircut that morning.

Congrats, you now stand out from every other male at the LCS.

We talked about comics for a bit then moved on to look at other things in the store.
A woman isn't a different species, OP

"You read THAT? Shit taste pleb."

>"Hello."
>"I have a boyfriend."

END.

>chatting up girls in public
>not going straight to their fathers and offering a dowry of three pigs in exchange for their daughter's hand in marriage

>"oh hey, is that the one where the new Iron Man is a black girl, the new Thor a woman, and the new Captain America a black dude?"
>"yeah, I really love it"
>"fuck off you dumb SJW whore bitch. You're ruining comics"

If she's reading something ask if it's good, say you've been thinking about getting into it (could be a lie).

If she's looking at something tell her whether it's good (harder to lie about).

Though it's worth mentioning that girls probably don't go to a comic book store to get hit on but to buy comics and merch and it may not be the best venue for making these connections.

>Ayyy gurl what chu readn
>Sheet dats dat good good gurl
>Lemme axe chu sunthn
>Wanna read dis right hurt
Then unzip my dick

Yeah, but how did you started your conversation in the first place?

>three pigs

You're being ripped off, two pigs is enough.

This
I haggled him down to 6 duck eggs and a jar of honey

that sound like a lot of work

>"fuck off you dumb SJW whore bitch. You're ruining comics"
>buys shitty Batman tpb #34,556
>Goes home to pirate rest of comics off of Sup Forums

>tfw there is no worthy comic book store in your city
>tfw you have to purchase your comics online and cant discuss it with your normie friends, and thats why you come to Sup Forums or youll go crazy

>pigs
Haram.

>get in conversation with girl at comic shop
>”oh yes, my favorite characters are miles morales and squirral girl”
>tell her politely that miles is a shit character because he has no personality and only exsists to serve the creators black fantasy's, and that squirral girls current runs art is shit and that she was a much better character before hand
>give her some suggestions for comics, including sandman and multiversity
>see her a few months later, tells me she never thought comics could be so good and thanked more for showing her actually good books
Still make sme happy when i think about it, i just lost marvel one customer

Go outside and set up a trap. She has to listen if you caught her in a net.

>mfw when cucked by duck

Why the fuck would I do that? A comic store is somewhere you go to buy reading material. Or used to be, these days they are nothing but funko pop storage facilities.

You might talk to someone at a hobby store, but there's no reason to ever talk to anyone in a comic store. Mostly because they're likely autistic if they're in there.

Usually I'm asking about the comic they're looking at, mostly for their thoughts to see if I want to pick it up as well. Like:
"Hey, sorry to interrupt, but I saw you were looking at _____. Are you reading the series? I'm curious about it as well, do you think it's worth getting into?"
But in whatever your casual mode is.

Gotta' assume that if you're talking to a stranger at a comic shop it's to chat with like minds and make friends. Folks don't go to comic stores to get laid, they're there to get comics and possibly talk about comics.

"Hello" and then leave it at that if they act uninterested in small talk.
Or if I over hear them with questions I give out my two cents.

"Hello Miss."

Gets accused of rape and misgendering.

The idea of paying floppy prices for floppies is baffling to me.
Why would I pay extra for my reading material in the worst possible physical format?

Femanon stop runing our comics, buy fucking Batman.

Holy shit that's a great story, user!

I wish this were real.

I feel this is totally a true story that happened.

I've got a Superman logo tatooed right on my manroot.

I wouldn't do that in the US.
Talking to a woman is sexual assault.

Wearing your Trump campaign shirt was a mistake.

>tfw there are three LCS in your immediate area
>tfw all of them are fucking run down barren wastelands of old used floppies and a tiny shelf of shitty 90s-00s toys nobody wants run by a single sweaty cunt who wants nothing more than for you to leave

>"Hi"

>implying someno who is dumb enough to like squirrel girl would have any mental capability of enjoying Sandman

>comic book store
>normies

Good thing I'm not from US.

I love how easy it is to tell which posters that have never left their house

>"That last DC movie was totally horrible, don't you think?"

I feel like this would actually work really well as a
funny ice breaker.

BAZINGA

You don't live in US do you? They're not lying, if you leave your house you have a 50/50 chance of being shot by a cop, blown up in a terrorist attack or accused of sexual harassment.

>walk into comic store
>me: "Hi where are the comics?"
>cashier: "Eh maybe check behind the Dr. Who funko pops?"

This happened in Borders which makes it Sup Forums related but it doesn't actually involves any comics but whatever.

>Looking through manga
>All entry level stuff obviously
>Decide to re-read the first volume of Bleach for no real reason
>While reading it some girl who works in the shop saw me and said she loves manga and is obsessed with Bleach
>Asks me to come upstairs with her on her break to talk about manga and shit, I say yes
>Immediately I think to myself "what the fuck am I doing" and end up having a conversation with this weebaoo girl for about half an hour before I went home

That was about 9 years ago and I don't think I have spoken to a girl in a social setting since then.

1. Why would I want to bother someone that is just out to buy something?

2. Why would I want to interact with a woman that took on a male hobby that, in and of itself, is indicative of stunted mental development, therefore implying that they're likely even worse off in the mental health spectrum than your average male comic fan?

>hunger games
weren't their names based on bread? tf was up with that

You can't do that OP, it's like asking out a girl at a TCG store or at your job, it's forbidden.

The risk FAR outweighs the reward, not only have you been shot down, embarassing yourself in front of the owher and the other regulars, but you've also become a walking stereotype.

"Hi, I'm a new here. Could you recommend me some comic books. I don't really read them, but I need to buy a present for my mentally handicaped brother."

I'm in the US and I actually haven't seen someone accused of harassment that didn't do it. I'm not counting the celebrity news because who knows, I mean for people I've met.
There are a lot of shitheads who treat women like trash and think they can't be called out for it. Guess mommy told them they're perfect a bit too often.
I've also seen a lot of that kind of shitty behavior in my LCS. One guy actually tried negging on a girl then threw a tantrum when she walked away from him (he's exactly the kind of person that would've made the pissy quoted posts).

>being cucked by duck
>not cucking the duck

Asking out a stranger in a comic shop sounds really stupid, but starting a casual conversation seems fine

this, and then i'd chop her in half with my katana

Why would you bother with this geeks if you can find really juicy girls at every Walmart?

But isn't it the best when yout gf is just a little bit retarded?

You talk to random people at Walmart? About what, how good the rotisserie chicken is for people who've given up on life?

>see cute girl reading comics
>She must some normie geek girl
>ignore her
>proceeds to reading my comics

>go to store to buy a book and then leave
>sweaty neckbeard starts talking to me trying to get me to fuck him

Please do not do this

*BUUUUUURP*
I'm Pickle RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!

If I did all that I wouldn't pick up LCS girls, I would aim higher.

Yeah honestly a girl buying comics in a store probably isn't looking for some strange.

God no. I suffered through art school for 4 years with those types of females and have spent the last few years avoiding them. "Quirky" women are basically the absolute bottom of the barrel.

But where else can I find a comic book gf? On this Philippine basket weaving forum?

this is rape pasta right?

INTERLOPER!!!!!

>a woman that took on a male hobby
>indicative of stunted mental development
>those types of females
Are you one of those people who have never been laid without paying for it despite being in your mid-20's or older but still insist it's because there's something wrong with women?

They all end up dating normies, or they are so hideous that you barely see them as human.

Young women date up, user. You date down. Figure out what's below "comic shop girl" and then aim for that. Maybe recent female parolees?

>haven't seen someone accused of harassment that didn't do it

i imagine a good looking stranger wouldn't be a bother

This. Smart girls are overrated. Ditzes are where it's at.

No, but I imagine that in order to preserve your worldview narrative that only mean and angry men can say such things, you'll believe it regardless.

They were starving. Bread was probably a popular thing there.

If I wanted to get a GF I would go to a bar or to a meetup. I go to a comic shop to get some comics, look at stuff and chitchat with the owner, not to get laid and I'm not the only one here. Unless I get into a conversation throught an accident I just wouldn't try to talk to girls in a comic book shop. And should I get into a conversation with a girl for some reason, the best way to make it successfull is to look clean, be interesting and not try to get laid. And not every successfull conversation ends with a phone number. It just ends with both parties having a positive impression about each other.

>implying there's such a thing like smart girls

Why do you need a "comic book gf"? Go fucking date like a normal person instead of obsessing over what fucking hobby she has.

When people say they want a gf who plays vidya or reads comics or whatever, what they're really looking for is an accessory, not a relationship. Don't become so obsessed and tied up in your hobby that you make it the center of your being.

people at bars aren't looking for a partner they are trying to get laid, i image op objective is to get a gf with similar hobbies

Yeah. You, too?
I have seen a guy spread around rumors of sexual harassment of his girlfriend's ex-boyfriend. That was pretty fucked up.
Heck, most people I know keep quiet because claiming sexual harassment usually leads to getting ostracized from your friend group for causing drama, even when you've got proof (I've seen that happen to both a male and female friend before, it took years to get things smoothed out).

Most folks out there aren't going to scream harassment because it's a really shitty thing to be questioned about. Of course there are folks who will for no reason, but one would hope you're trying to space yourself from noticeable psychos.

I'd leave her alone. I don't go shopping so random people can talk to me and I bet she doesn't either.

Ah, yeah, my "worldview narrative" that angry, pissy men make angry, pissy posts. How fragile and short-sighted.

>SANDMAN IS DA BES MOST INTELLIGENT COMIC OF ALL TIME
Sandfags are the absolute worst

I would politely, but firmly ask her to leave.

You don't. If you're not attractive enough to invite female attention then you don't deserve female attention. Especially in a comic shop. If she's interested, she'll say something. Otherwise you're just one more example of why "women can't go anywhere in public without being harassed."

>get girlfriend
>Hey you ever read comics?
>not really
>They are super fun to read I could recommend you a few really good ones
>Thanks user that'd be cool

of course it only works if she already likes reading at least a bit

it's an indicative of personality most normies like
>travel
>eat at restaurants
>going out for no good reason
if someone like "nerdy" stuff they are more likely to be shut ins

>Try to start a conversation at a LCS
>Not paying for your books and leaving

>"Hello, I have a boyfriend. Are you into bisexual threesomes?"

>women can't go anywhere in public without being harassed
>hey you want to talk
>no
>ok
problem solve like a rational being

>Have actually played the retarded brother in my friends' pick up gambit
Lol. It did not work. Maybe I don't look retarded enough.

"date" is anormal actually, that's why it goes so wrong. Going to a place "designed" for that only to meet people on a almost totally random shot in the dark is the reason women are so unhappy these days.

Going random person -> try to date him/her instead of person next to your place/work, uni, hobby -> friendship -> trying out if one of the parts shows interest and is single -> date is much more successful for women.

Trying a date online is also better

>How do I talk to girls?
>You don't.
That doesn't solve the problem. It just restates it as a solution to itself.

only if the guy is also cute

no user as much as you want it human interaction will not stop being a thing

No, she just humors you and doesn't really give a shit. I've seen several of my friends attempt to do this and it's fucking cringe. They took 6 months to read shit like Batman Year One or All Star Superman.

But the post wasn't angry just contemptuous, so yes, he apparently was right.

Just do some expressionless face, and look everywhere, except the face of the people you are talking with, get bend a bit to imitate a humpback
Do weird stuff with your hands, always touching each other, if you resemble a mad scientist, you are having too much control over your hands and need to be more erratic about it.
Made up words always help, but never longer than 4 syllables.

D-do you like sex?

If life hasn't teach you this, here it comes:
>A lot of stuff doesn't have solutions, just dead ends.
If you are autistic, and you probably are, you will try to solve every social problems you come across, and that only will drive people away from you, because you will be forcing a situation that should feel natural, people's intuition will tell them to get away.

this isn't a fucking bar. leave others alone. nobody wants to talk to some yobbo they've never met when they're shopping.

It wasn't angry, it was condescending.
It wasn't angry, it was derisive.
Dude, being picky on the exact wording doesn't take away from the original point. The original posts were made out of personal anger and don't hold up to logic. Hence "angry and pissy."
I'm not sure why I'm arguing this point, though. Folks making posts like that are exactly the kind of people I don't want in my LCS.

>How would (You) start a conversation with a girl at the comic book store, user?
"Hey thot, move over, me and my wife are trying to fucking look at something."

Wow, you got really lucky