WHO IS READY FOR A CLUSTERFUCK OF NERD REFERENCES? AND A LOT OF MUH NERD CULTURE?

WHO IS READY FOR A CLUSTERFUCK OF NERD REFERENCES? AND A LOT OF MUH NERD CULTURE?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cSp1dM2Vj48
youtu.be/0reVk7l1mAo
youtube.com/watch?v=4WgT9gy4zQA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=cSp1dM2Vj48

This is literally cultural appropriation. The fact that the left bitchs when whitey uses a black word, but when trendy hipster faggots steal nerd cukture to look cool its a okay. Fucking despicable

I'll be honest. I lost it when I saw the RX.

I remember seeing this on Thug Notes, really suprised it's already a movie.

youtu.be/0reVk7l1mAo

This stuff has always been western culture (or eastern, in the case of the Gundam at the end, which you have no real claim to). It just hasn't been POPULAR culture until recently. Except Joker and The Iron Giant, they've been popular with everyone since forever.

FFS, just be happy that people are now interested in cool stuff.

>the iron giant going to fight in a big dumb battle
NOT
A
GUN
I'M ACTUALLY FUCKING UPSET, YOU CANNOT UNDERMINE THE ENTIRE PLOT OF THE IRON GIANT AND HAVE HIM BE A SOLDIER IN SOME WAR BECAUSE IT LOOKS COOL, FUCK THIS MOVIE

Can you rephrase what you just said in English? I don't speak whiny faggot.

>GUNDAM
>Iron Giant
>Tracer
>Chun-li
>Battle Toads
>King Kong
>The delorean

What the fuck are they doing? YOU DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS!

>FFS, just be happy that people are now interested in cool stuff.
No, because they dont appreciate it like us, and try to change it to appeal to them and to shill their shit politics, meaning they dont like the media innits purest original forms and are not true fans. Pic related is what you get when normies try to get into nerd culture

NO REEEEEEEE CULTURAL APPROPRIATION REEEEEEEEE DEY TURK ARR REFERENCES

Seriously if people want to enjoy this stuff in a giant clusterfuck, there's nothing wrong with that. I'm just amazed the licensing worked out.

don't they own all the shit?

SOUTH PARK DID IT!

There's stuff from at least three different intellectual property holders in the trailer alone, probably more.

>This was published in an actual book by an actual publisher

>It will now be the basis of a $175+ million dollar film directed by the director of Schindler's List

>It's getting a sequel book

Except, normies aren't reading comics like that one, which is why it failed. Normies aren't turbo SJWs, that's just a bunch of people that browse the cessiest cesspits of tumblr. You're lost to sanity if you think everyone but TWUE NAAARDS are social justice warriors.

They definitely don't own Tracer or Gundam.

The concept is "Hey, what if everyone used Second Life? And not just for cybersex!"

of course a significant chunk of the people on there would have avatars that are literally just a skin from a thing they like.

dammit poe's law. It's sad that this could be genuine. People are way too into bullshit pop culture nowadays. It's not even "it's big because it was novel or cool" it just feels like it's big because people have this drive to consume. The idea that these modern franchises are impactful cultural phenemnons feels false and forced to me.
But maybe that's because I left the hype train long ago.

They aren't the actual characters, the movie's about an MMO where everybody can cosplay as whatever they want.

Was that fucking chucky doing a spinning bird kick or am I going fucking crazy?

But for real, how many many abominations would we see if it was realistic

The most important question is: Will it still have Leopardon in it?

People act like these are the characters. They're not, though. It's not like Wreck-It-Ralph. They're just simulated mock-ups made by the mods of the game. It's not really those characters.

On top of that, we're barely going to get any characters not owned by the company making the film for more than three seconds.

I'm expecting my reaction will be the same as my reaction to the book.
"That was fun" followed soon by "Wow, that was horribly written"

Because it's not really the Iron Giant, he was created for that game world.

I just want to know why people thought this was needed. Only autistic teenagers get excited over this, most nerds i know dont care about this, or even knew it existed. I only knew about it because someone posted it in facebook, and tagged me thinking I would be overexcited or something. The only thing I tought was "...why?"

I don't want to defend the book but this bothers me. People don't even know what it's fucking about before they start bitching.

Couldn't finish the book. Had to stop after a couple chapters. Seriously one of the worst written and cringiest things I have ever encountered. It's Twilight for obese neckbeard redditors. There is literally a europhic tier tirade against religion in the first chapter. I was stunned. It reads like the fan fiction of a fedora-tipping gamer virgin.

mjxlkebm2hh9p348f2p9,38h,34,vh2p,mvzam a!!!!!!!!!! I fucking know where this is going and it's fucking irritating!

>Look at all the References!
>Yay! References!
>references, references, references, references, references, references, references, references, references, references,
>wow, these references are kind of souless huh?
>like current humanity is huh
>THEME: Humanity needs a soul

And then a GIANT LAMPSHADE falls on the USA and kills us all. FUCK THIS FUCKING MOVIE, Alita Battle Angel is gonna be the true nostalgia Kino.

i hope this movie flops

>ugggghh i'm so much smarter than everyone else ahhh it's so hard being superior oh gooood why was i cursed with being a god among men

I just listened to the Rifftrax/MST3K people read and tear apart the book on their podcast.

It was pretty hilarious.

i always had the idea to make a movie that took place in a futuristic reality or even an alternate reality where Sup Forums was like a place and all the principal characters were from the land of Sup Forums and were played by little girls that swear like sailors.

>lesson is stated to be that that people shouldn't allow pop culture and false worlds of escapism to consume their lives

>the entire reason the MC wins and survives is because he let it consume his life

Wut

No. Iron Giant replaced him.

How am I wrong?

Looks... alright I guess.
Steven Spielberg knows how to make a movie so I trust it at least that far.
And I'm kind of a dumbass so schlocky action scenes tend to do it for me.
Might see it in the theater, probably wait for Netflix.

>people are gonna enjoy this

THAT MAKES ME SO MAD

RAGE

Follow my blog if you agree!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

he's right tho

It’s not a well written book, user. Simple as that. Fun to make fun of though.

I thought Iron Giant was replacing Ultraman due to the rights conflict.

Also, Iron Giant is a shitty replacement for Ultraman or Leopardon.

I SAW THE IRON GIANT AND I CLAPPED!

Because the author can't into writing.

No, I'm agreeing with you.

Please Based Disney just buy WB already I'm sure AT&T will gladly sell it after Justice League bombed

: THE MOVIE

Imagine being so much of a fucking loser that you need to pretend that liking certain comics and cartoons makes you better than other people. Imagine having no real accomplishments so you need to cling to petty bullshit in a pathetic attempt to make yourself feel like you aren't a failure.

>clapping for the iron giant
Why? He doesn't fight at all, his not a weapon.

Ah, gotcha'.

More like ayylita

Eh, I liked the first trailer better.

I CLAPPED I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW IT

I feel as though we need to clearly delineate the differences between cameos, Easter eggs, and references before this movie comes out.

he doesn't have the magic touch anymore

>3 months from now

Fuck this, I hope it flops.

I'd rather see the AVGN movie in theaters than RP1.

The plot reminded me of Sword Art Online, for some reason.

I liked Bridge of Spies. It wasn't movie of the year or anything but a nice little political drama. The BFG was boring and pointless though.

>Steven Spielberg knows how to make a movie

user, I...

This. RP1 is going to mostly feature cameos and easter eggs, not references

It's WB it literally can't do anything else

>2018
>this is for millennial people that just turned 18 and wants to know about the nerd culture

Fuck you Hollywood.

If you die in the game do you die for real?

>he doesn't have the magic touch anymore
That's not what the kids he fiddles in Hollywood say.

>user, I...
What is it, Satan?

The trailer was so fucking awful. This entire movie looks like a bunch of nothing coated with nostalgia.

So this is Sup Forums hosting a Sup Forums Sup Forums and Sup Forums party?

GUYS! GUYS LISTEN!

IS THAT FUCKING TRACER OMG LOL!

I think it was a punch.

>GUNDAM
Are we gonna get into a fight with /m/ and other boards over this?
Are the purists going to try to insist this belongs on literally every other board than Sup Forums because it features content that falls under the content appropriate for those boards?

>book about a dystopia filled with pop culture references
>movie follows that theme

>HURR I CLAPPPED XDDDD

Hope you all get brain cancer.

>Overshit

Why? Overshit is a shit game! There is nothing nostalgic about it.

If I know /m/, they'll be way more offended that they aren't getting an Ultraman vs Kiryu fight.

>just be happy that people are now interested in cool stuff
Most of those people aren't actually "interested" in these things. They may like them but they don't consider them part of their serious hobbies, and that is a huge difference.
A lot of them are in this just for their social game of face and pretend towards their own personal circles. Try to have a deep (beyond the general public knowledge) conversation about some of these mediums with one of these "nerds" and I guarantee the majority of times you will get is a look of bored disdain or a "get a life".
This guy is right.

And you friend, you're completely missing the point with your strawmans. It's not about feeling superior for knowing one medium better, that's retarded.
The so called "normalfags" (who are just people with different tastes) have their hobbies too, everyone does, and they can be experts in them too. Obviously someone who actually knows and practices martial arts for example will enjoy watching a fight more if only thanks to his better understanding of the development of said fight.
Now, if I posed myself as a big motocross fan when I in fact know nothing about it, whenever I went to a gathering of actual fans I don't think most people would be happy to have a retard who can't give a nice conversation about actual motorbikes and is there just to get some photos so he can keep his facade on facebook.
This is no different, no matter how you want to center your attention in the kick of superiority some people get out of all of this shit.

The problem is not people having different tastes, the problem is that some individuals want to look like they know about EVERYTHING without putting the time and effort for it, and fans of any medium or hobby have always despised people like that.

Who is ready for the top tens and checklists for all the cameos?

I know and practice martial arts. I don't get butthurt every time normal people enjoy a Jackie Chan movie. Why are you upset that normos are excited about this shitty movie?

I honestly dislike self-satisfied geeks who want to feel special for wasting their lives consuming mass produced and mass marketed intellectual junk food more than I dislike dumb normies.

It gets pretty dumb when people have to be in a special club to be allowed the privilege of enjoying something.

Oh, this thread again...
What is your beef with the movie, OP? Do you really think knowing nerd shit makes you different or special? are you afraid people will take over your silly clubhouse?

No?
In the original book it was Ultraman instead.

But he can do hardcore Slam Poetry!

That's a good quote from the author of Ready Player One

>people from the future can create their own avatar

I can see Sup Forums being the little girls that they are.

>not already watching the camrip on youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=4WgT9gy4zQA

>Try to have a deep (beyond the general public knowledge) conversation about some of these mediums with one of these "nerds" and I guarantee the majority of times you will get is a look of bored disdain or a "get a life".

My experience is often that they're actually interested, and finally can pursue these things without fear of ridicule. I've probably run D&D or WoD for more people than ever this year, and I would suspect that Stranger Things and that podcast by the guy who does McCree's voice are in some way involved, and you know what? These 'normies' are often just as interested as people that have been playing these games for years. Hell, they're often better roleplayers.

This isn't people putting on a face for 'nerd cred'. Fantasy and sci-fi and superheroes are just popular now. They've been gaining mass appeal since Harry Potter and LotR got movies. Deal with it.

I hope to live long enough to see a future where I can become a slutty little anime girl on the internet.
That's the only real reason for why I haven't killed myself yet.

>I,I,I,I
the author is autistic, right? Who the fuck write a whole book at teh first person like that?

Fuck you for making me remember the days when shit like this was popular

>This is the author's """poetry""" work

even if this is shit it will still be better than the absolute shit tier book. still looks pretty cliche though.

>book is shallow and pandering
>movie follows that theme

stop making me feel old, man. not cool.

>Hey, what if everyone used Second Life? And not just for cybersex!
We all know this can't work. For christ's sakes look at where we are.

>STOP INSULTING TRACER ACTIVISION AND DISNEY ARE GOD YOU INFIDEL
oh, it's one of those guys already.

Can you give me a screenshot. I love to hear some idiot who knows nothing about christianity outside of Sunday school tell me all about it.

bfg had great giant designs and animation imo, but the girl was the most annoying child actor I have ever seen. Also the CGI/ human interactions looked super off.

Based Disney IS God that's why they're staying as far away from this pile of shit as possible

SLAMMED

>I know and practice martial arts. I don't get butthurt every time normal people enjoy a Jackie Chan movie.
Really bad analogy to what I've said, specially since Jackie Chan movies are more acrobatics than martial arts, and what is shown falls really, really far from the few actual functional martial arts that are seen in real fights.
A more accurate comparison would be asking you what is your personal opinion on people who get two 1-hour lessons in kick-boxing just to never practice it again and then claim to the four winds that they are experts on the stuff, know a lot of shit about martial-arts and are badasses who can beat up people. I bet you've met plenty of these kind.

Also you seem to have misunderstood the point of that part of my post. I wasn't implying people shouldn't enjoy things they don't participate in (that's stupid, what is sports?), I was just commenting that people who do participate or have an extended knowledge will enjoy it more, and that's just natural. There's nothing wrong in people enjoying something they may not know about.
My problem is not people who honestly enjoy things no matter their knowledge, my problem is people lying about how interested/much they know about something just to look good. And I'm not saying that everyone is like the second case, there's plenty of both honest and lying types.

>My experience is often that they're actually interested
Well, I can say that you've had better luck than my bitter ass.
Also damn you with your D&D shit.
>been trying to roleplay with people for ages
>tfw there's like one person interested in my entire zone
I guess that is what I get for living in a place plagued by towns and no cities.