So, just watched this. Was expecting something really bad, but it's actually a pretty fun film

So, just watched this. Was expecting something really bad, but it's actually a pretty fun film.

Is all the hate really just because they didn't portray Mandarin like his 616 version?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DrWeyHXnF68
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is without a doubt the best Iron Man movie.

>but it's actually a pretty fun film.
Your a fucking moron. The villain was shit, they replaced the mandarin after hypong him up with a boring nobody, they made a fucking joke of the character, and most of the movies iron man hanging around some dumb kid. Fuck this movie and fuck shane black for being an uninspired hack

>Is all the hate really just because they didn't portray Mandarin like his 616 version?

in a nutshell yeah. also people not understanding themes and shit. it's a pretty great movie

Die in a ditch, marvel drone

>all this shit taste
Its retards like you that encourage shit directors to make idiotic decisions for these movies. Thanks for ruining the MCU with your dumb ass opinions

All five of Mandarin's fans got upset and the rest jumped in

Apart from the glaring plothole of "Why didn't he just fucking use his Iron Man army from the get go" it was honestly one of the better MCU films.

I don't give a shit about Iron Man/Mandarin and Shane Black's my favourite screenwriter, so this movie really rocks my tits. No, the plot doesn't make any sense, but neither do any of the other Marvel movies, so fuck it.

If Disney buys Fox, how are they going to explain the continuity error of Chris Evans being both Captain America AND the Human Torch

youtube.com/watch?v=DrWeyHXnF68

Hypertime

They don't like it because they are morons, crying about one note mcu
Yes

>Is all the hate really just because they didn't portray Mandarin like his 616 version?
It's because damn Ike rejected the original script of having Maya Hansen being the real mastermind. He doesn't think a female villain would sell toys. So Hansen showed up, then died off-screen. She was suppose to be the real villain all along, but they were forced to replace her with a nobody geek guy.

This was why Pepper was the one who dealt the killing blow in the climax; it was meant to be one woman killing another. As you know, most films don't allow heroic men to kill women.

>Its retards like you that encourage shit directors to make idiotic decisions for these movies

They're actually pretty clever decisions, film making wise. The film subverts all your expectations of a traditional Mandarin, which is clearly what they were going for.

Being mad because "hurr its not like my comics" is a really dumb reasons to dislike a super hero movie in 2017.

By making him the new Wolverine after Cap dies in Infinity War

>Mandarin twist is the biggest twist in the MCU
>"Waaaaaahhhhhh he isn't a 1940s Yellow Peril caricature waaaaaahhhhhhh"
>"Waaaahhhhh spoon feed me more Marvel waaaaahhhh"

IM3 had its problems but they weren't the Mandarin

Well, glad to see Sup Forums isn't a hivemind about this. I'd refrained from watching the movie until now because all I heard was people shitting on it, mostly because of how they'd ruined Mandarim. But in the context of the film, it's actually a really fun idea, and the movie is hella entertaining.

It hyped me up and let me down. Shitbags that think there too good for comics like this bastard shouldnt be allowed to post here

It only let you down because you were expecting a traditional comic book villain. What the movie does is build up hype and then subvert it; it's intentional. You getting let down is entirely on you and your expectations, not in the movie failing to live up to a hype.

Its the director and movies fault for denyig me a villain i wanted to see for years and make a joke out of it as if to mock me, then have a shitty boring villain with nothing cool about him to replace him as a final fuck you. Shane blacks a bitch and i hope he gets fucking raped in hell for ruining iron man, and every shit taste marvel drone peice of shit who supports his shit filmmaking deserves to die and be torn apart with him

>and the movie is hella entertaining.
You are the exactly the exact breed of people that Disney is ever after, and all-around a perfect example of the public at large. Congratulations, you complete tool.

He's Fin Fang Foom.

I never hated a villain so much thatbi hope the actor dies in a painful and humiliating way

kek Shane Black crying himself to sleep reading this post on top of his pile of money as the highest paid screenwriter in history

What in the goddamn hell are you talking about, son.

Finding a blockbuster action movie entertaining is bad, somehow? Are you under some impression that cape comics are somehow above this? It's their entire reason for existing: being entertaining.

I guess you need literal autism to understand why the movie is so bad, according to these posts.

more like i didn't think it was as good as 1 or 2. 1>2>3.

>because all I heard was people shitting on it, mostly because of how they'd ruined Mandarim.
Protip

No one actually cares about Mandarin. The only people who were buttmad that the movie didn't have that AH SO LUBBA DUCK CHING CHONG CHANG CHUNG Yellow Peril villain were poorly disguised Sup Forumstards.

I hope he fucks some other franchise just like he raped the iron man mythos, just so he gets people so made that he experiences violence and eventually gets killed

>fun

>anyone whos mad they ruined a popular villain is a Sup Forumstard
Chop off your dick you SJW freak. Mandarins not racist, and even then thats not an excuse for that bitch hack to shit on it and make a lazy half assed plot instead. If i had it my way everyone who loves this movie would be fucking killed

Most of the salt is from the Mandarin twist, it has it's flaws but is personally one of my top 5 MCU movies

Nigga no one has ever cared about the fucking Mandarin.

>raped the iron man mythos

>my making a movie that is set in its own continuity separate from the comics

You're the definition of an autistic manchild.

No, because he was expecting a GOOD villain, you moron.

I thought he was fucking awesome, maybe because i grew up with the cartoon and comics and am not a filthy casual like you
By making a mockery of him they raped it, faggot

>Chop off your dick you SJW freak

KEK

IMAGINE PROVING SOMEONE ELSES POINT THIS HARD

Cognitive dissonance much? Just because i say SJW doesnt make me a Sup Forumstard, faggot

I really liked this movie, I think the only reason I enjoyed it so thoroughly is because I really like Tony's character. Iron Man 1 left a big impression on me, watched it when I was a young teen.

Funnily I remember my friends and I walked out of the movie theatre talking about how great it was, or how it entertained us more than even the Avengers, but now they all apparently hate it.

Iron Man 3 was a fun movie.
The Mandarin twist was not upsetting in the least.
Killian was a so-so villain in a trilogy with not-very-comic-book villains, but MCU Iron Man has always been about jelly wanna-be Starks trying to horn in on his action.

Not him, but I grew up reading marvel too, and I like the comic Mandarim, but I'm not a huge man child and realize the MCU is its own thing and I'm open to them trying new shit out. The Mandarim would be a boring as fuck villain in the MCU if they just did him like his 616 version.

If you watch the MCU movies expecting good action films that reference the comics while being their own thing and building their own continuity, IM3 is pretty good.

If you watch them expecting faithful comic book adaptations, then you're only going to be let down, and you're expecting something they were never intended to be.

It's like being mad that Ultimate Spider-Man did things differently from the original ASM: it's a different continuity.

Why are retards still trying so hard to push this meme even after years of explaining them why the movie is hated?

Then explain it without mentioning the Mandarin twist.

The idea isn't necessarily bad and the twist works on the first watch, but any subsequent watch just makes me wish they didn't go with it. I don't want to watch fakedarin again, and I certainly don't want to watch Killian again either.

It has good things, it has bad things, it's a decent watch but really isn't anywhere near the top of the MCU for me.

I know this is Sup Forums but at some point you'll need to understand that hating popular things doesn't make you a smart and informed consumer/critic in and of itself.

Nigga even if you like the movie Killian was shit.

As a standalone solo movie its still entertaining,I just think as a followup and arguable finisher to the trilogy(which it really isn't, but if you're watching the movies independent of the other MCU movies its inevitable) it just feels underwhelming to what could've been. I think the IM movies failed at really building up the mythos of Iron-man's corner of the universe himself since they're so fond of RDJ himself and just want to center on him. Its basically the opposite of Batman movies where Batman almost goes to the wayside in lieu of Gotham itself and other characters. Sure, you can write off Iron-Man's villains as silly or bland or unfilmable, but that's more symptomatic about the general feeling of comic movies from the pre-MCU era. and in a lot of ways even though it came out after Avengers, it does feel like it belongs to the 2000's era of toning down the more fantastic elements of the franchise. Think its stupid if you like, but Iron Man vs dragons or warlord could've made for something refreshing after Iron Man vs rival businessmen/engineers three movies in a row.

What's the point? You memespewers are literal morons who can't grasp a simple idea being told to you for fucking years and you will carry on and on and on.

Nah m8, as a kid in the 90s I liked Iron Man and really the only villain of his I liked was the Mandarin. I didn't care that he was basically Fu Manchu, I cared that he had 10 rings with cool powers that actually posed unique threats to IM.

Just try me, explain to me why the movie is shit. I promise to discuss them wihtout resorting to any kind of retarded bait reply.

>The Mandarim would be a boring as fuck villain in the MCU if they just did him like his 616 version.
Oh wow. Because the alternative was so much better and not boring in the slightest.

He wouldve been a cool villain either way faggot. The kingsley one was already cool in the trailers and before the twist. Calling me a man child for wanting it to be like the comics makes you look like a casual peice of shit, faggot

I like the Mandarin but you're a fucking drama queen. Get over yourself.

>Its basically the opposite of Batman movies where Batman almost goes to the wayside in lieu of Gotham itself and other characters.

Anyone who seriously believes that Tony's rogues and secondary characters could carry a major film just doesn't read Iron Man comic books.

Making the villains personal to Tony Stark, and not just CGI spectacles doing randumb crimes for Iron Man to stop, was the smartest thing the MCU did with Iron Man.

>Calling me a man child for wanting it to be like the comics makes you look like a casual peice of shit, faggot

It makes me look like a casual to you, and makes you look like a dramatic manchild to everyone else. Fair trade off.

This.

>Making the villains personal to Tony Stark, and not just CGI spectacles doing randumb crimes for Iron Man to stop, was the smartest thing the MCU did with Iron Man.
Your fucking retarded. Most of his villains were boring shit. I wish we got to see fin fang foom or modok
Your still a shit gargiling peice of shit, faggot. Calling out a movies bullshit doesnt make me a man child, if anything your one for white knighting in disneys defense, cuck

That's not really how you use "in lieu".

Other than that good post.

The atrocious villain that is nowhere near as interesting and menacing as what was promised (but it's "subverting audience's expectations" so it's inherently good, nevermind Nolan already did that with Batman Begins and it WAS good there.)
Instead of letting things go full circle and tying up the plot point of the first movie with Ten Rings, it's just some autistic rich guy using their name for his EVIL PLAN and social commentary which would've been clever had it not been muddled by how boring everything, including that shit villain, is.
The retarded Extremis Pepper shit which will never be referenced again and only exists to quickly dispose of Killian, solidifying his status as the second worst MCU villain after Malekith.
The movie is boring for the most part with that shitty annoying kid ruining everything.

First response guy here; calling other people a cuck on Sup Forums makes you a man-child, if nothing else does.

You're not going to do well ranting like you have Tourettes' syndrome.

>Anyone who seriously believes that Tony's rogues and secondary characters could carry a major film just doesn't read Iron Man comic books.
That's not what he implied though, he was making a comparison by contrast, not saying IM should be treated like Batman.

The only entertaining MCU IM villain is Hammer imo, and I guess Fakedarin somewhat but he doesn't have a personal connection to Stark.

What was exciting about Ras?
He's Liam Neeson being a (rather subdued) Liam Neeson character, with an utterly ridiculous plot that would achieve nothing.
He's not even personally particularly dangerous to Batman, and are we supposed to believe that the mooks Bruce beat up at graduation are suddenly a dire threat?

I enjoyed Begins, the only movie in the last 30 years where Batman even pretends to be quick and stealthy, but Ras is a bland nothing.

Scarecrow's brief appearances are far, far superior.

>hurr iron man supposed to have great villains the movies failed us
Name ten good Iron Man villains! You can't!

It would be difficult.
I'd end up trying to pretend that the Blood Brothers or the Controller are good villains, and I'm not sure I could pull that off.

The problem with subverting expectations is that it only really works on 1st viewing, any subsequent viewing rolls in with different expectations, and if the movie hinges on twists alone it gets really boring. 2nd viewing has the "could I have seen it coming?" angle but that's it really.
I remember as a teen watching pic related for the 1st time and loving it (yes, the tits and lesbian scene helped) but the subsequent viewings made me realize it's just kind of boring.

I liked the kid in IM3 though, really most of the movie until Killian ruins it by being a beta turned nothing personnel shirtless badass.

Name 10 good MCU villains.
Name 3 good MCU IM villains.

>Scarecrow's brief appearances are far, far superior.
I always liked how Scarecrow kept weaving in and out of the movies. It was like a reminder that the other batman villains arent just taking the week off, they're out there starting shit.

I feel like super hero movies need more of these moments where you just randomly have some mook named villain getting arrested in the background

Your still a man child for being a disney supporting freak, retard
Crimson dynimo
Whiplash
Fin fang foom
Mandarin
Madame mask
Ultron
Titanium man
Radioactive man
Iron monger
Justin hammer
Eat shit, bitch

I thought it was forbidden to hate on Liam Neeson playing Liam Neeson. For some reason lots of people think that it's great and that he's believably threatening. I don't. No, not in Taken either.

Obidiah Stane
General Thunderbolt Ross
Arnim Zola
Winter Soldier
Ego
Vulture
Alexander Pierce
The Collector
Darren Cross
Loki

Obidiah Stane
That Extremis bitch
Tony Stark

>What was exciting about Ras?
Personality, determination and some cool pieces of dialogue.
>He's not even personally particularly dangerous to Batman
Except for the whole "being his teacher" thing and knowing everything about his fighting style. Mooks are just mooks, they're always gonna get beat up. Joker is far less dangerous to Batman and everyone sucks his dick like it's made out of gold.
>utterly ridiculous plot that would achieve nothing.
It's almost as if what is essentially cultists are not very rational. Shit, it's pretty much the point considering that League already destroyed citis and it still accomplished nothing and crime and filth still exist.
>Scarecrow
>good in any way
No. Just no. Scarecrow was consistently a joke.

>The atrocious villain that is nowhere near as interesting and menacing as what was promised

You started with the one point I told you not to rely on, but ok.

>Instead of letting things go full circle and tying up the plot point of the first movie with Ten Rings

There was nothing to tie up, they were a secret radical terrorist organization, which had ties to AIM and continue to exist in the MCU.

>it's just some autistic rich guy using their name for his EVIL PLAN and social commentary

He's pretty much a bond villain, which is what they were aiming for. If you like him or not, that's subjective, but it's not a flaw in film making.

>The retarded Extremis Pepper shit which will never be referenced again

Referenced how? He cured her at the end, that was it.

>The movie is boring for the most part with that shitty annoying kid ruining everything.

Entirely subjective. I actually found the kid parts mostly funny and helped develop Tony's personality a little more during the film.

Scarecrow always been awseome you fucking fag, especially in the nolan films

>I actually found the kid parts mostly funny
Get the fuck out, those parts were terrible and ruined the movie before the mandarin twist even happend

>Crimson dynimo
>Whiplash
Both so shit they had to be combined into one guy just to resemble anything of a mediocre villain in Iron Man's worst movie. The rest of your list ain't too hot either.

it disappointed me at the time because the hype over mandarin at least here on Sup Forums was fucking huge, and then they subverted my dick to flacid

but watching it recently, I do think it's the best iron man movie, holds up really well, felt like the director really cared about concluding all the characters

That's certainly your opinion you have.

>Obidiah Stane
What made him so great? All these movies later and he's still my favorite MCU villain.

I liked the kid too honestly, solid dialogue between them and he was actually a good actor

>Obidiah Stane
Fuck no.
>Winter Soldier
No. Barely a villain.
>Ego
Meh. I liked him and his place in Quill's arc but I'd say he's not a good villain, he feels like he's just there to advance Peter's arc along.
>The Collector
What the fuck? He's barely in the movie and he's not even an antagonist.
>Darren Cross
Meh. He's somewhat entertaining thanks to the performance but he's pretty cardboard cutout.

Haven't watched either Hulk or Homecoming.

>Obadia Stane
Still no.
>that extremis bitch
Fuck no.
>Tony Stark
Epic.

You could have at least named Hammer.

He exudes realistic menace, he's not some cackling madman, he's in a very good position to get his way. The scene with Pepper in the office is tense and effective.

He's not an incredible threat to Iron Man, but he's one hell of a threat to Tony Stark and everything personal to him.
And he has some great quips.

I'm guessing you just really like Jeff Bridges.

Meant the Grandmaster.
The rest of your opinions aren't even worth reading.

Stane is okay. Iron Monger is one of my favourite things put to film.
Something about the way it looks and moves just ticks all my boxes.

I'm not one of those "reddit spacing" people but it's still unnecessary. Format your posts better.

>He's pretty much a bond villain
No fucking way. He doesn't have half the class of even the most shitty Bond villains. He's just some dude.

Why would anyone who is a fan of the MCU want the opinion of someone who broadly shits across the entire effort?
Are you just venting your frustration in these threads? Why do you even care enough to post in them in the first place?

This movie was the start of the MCU's inability to balance the tone of its own stories. This movie breaks necks with its jarring switches in narrative. One minute the mandarin is a legitimate, dark threat and the next he's a gag character. One minute we have a serious commentary on PTSD and the next we have the president suspended over a vat of acid like a Saturday morning cartoon. This movie drops the theme of identity unresovled with a ridiculous ending monologue that makes no sense and is immediately contradicted in AoU. Not to mention the goons were uninspired, the plot's nonsensical, and the villain's literally Syndrome.

But hey, this movie did give us the plane scene which is in my opinion Stark's best scene on screen yet.

He felt pretty cackling to me after he was revealed as the villain.

>You started with the one point I told you not to rely on, but ok.
And here's how I know you're a complete fucking imbecile with zero reading comprehension, but ok.
>There was nothing to tie up, they were a secret radical terrorist organization, which had ties to AIM and continue to exist in the MCU.
>the organization who essentially kickstarted Iron Man and MCU and is implied to be more powerful than some sandniggers in a cave
>is promised that they come back but they're not actually coming back, it's just some boring faggot using their name. GOTEM. T-there's nothing to tie up.
You're a moron.
>but it's not a flaw in film making.
No, you complete fucking retard with no reading comprehension. A shitty villain is a gigantic flaw. I don't care if he's a "bond villain" or a "romcom villain", he's garbage and that's what counts.
>Referenced how? He cured her at the end, that was it.
That's the fucking point you goddamn moron. It served absolutely no fucking purpose other than to quickly kill a shitty villain and will never be mentioned again, though maybe it's mercy because no one who isn't braindead would want to watch that annoying idiot being on screen any longer.

See? That's what I'm fucking talking about IM3 fags are the most retarded bunch, no wonder they can't grasp simple idea since 2013.

Yeah because naming Stark as one of the villains was so clever and not at all a way of being a little question evading faggot.

He's playing it pretty cool right up until he realizes Pepper is siccing SHIELD on him, then he cuts and runs into his armor.
It's believable that he'd rub some salt into Tony when he's helpless, he's had to put up with his wretched drunken genius for a long time by this point. It's very Amadeus/Salieri

Everything you cite as a flaw is completely subjective. You can't just say "this thing is shit and retarded and fucking gay" and expect to be taken seriously.

Tony Stark is without question the single greatest adversary of Tony Stark in the Iron Man trilogy.
He spends all three films trying to overcome his own shit.

There great you shit taste mother fucker

>on a list of 10 villains find 2 meh and 1 "bad" and 2 n/a (implying the other 5 were good)
>broadly shits across the entire effort
Wew lad. Wew. Get some fucking perspective. You're allowed to dislike things about movies and franchises you like.

That's still not what a villain is and you know it.

Pretty much. Even though I's been confirmed that another "real" Mandarin exists.

yes.

when the movie came out reception was actually pretty positive on Sup Forums, with a vocal minority of mandarin faggots decrying it as the worst film of all time

of course with Sup Forums those who complain usually outlast those who support, and eventually the hivemind adopted the idea that IM3 was bad

LOL

Yet we will never see a Iron Man 4 with the real Mandarin as the villain

ITT