The Demon - Hell is Earth #1

This too.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/B4Oee
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I thought Etrigan talked in rhymes

He didn't originally, that was something added by later writers.

I personally prefer him talking in rhymes, but its fine if he doesnt.

there ya go buddy

>no rhyming
One job...

However, the demon in a bottle shot is still noted.

>No rhyming
Oh come the fuck on

The writer in an interview said that he would speaking in full rhyme by the time the mini ends.

That's a sexy ass Jason.

Horrible issue in terms of pacing, I fucking hate decompression

thats a pretty cool page.

there we go!

see

really? I came to the exact opposite conclusion. Everything was established pretty darn quickly.

Seriously? The whole "I won't let you out" thing could have easily been done in one page, as could have the little girl bit. Xanadu was decently done, but also could have been cut to one page, or even left out entirely because it was so fucking irrelevant. Realistically the bomb could have gone off by the 6th page.

I understand the anger at no rhyming but this page is so fucking good. That homage.

That's still terrible, he either should rhyme or he shouldn't, it's painfully obvious that it's a lack of skill/creativity on the writer's part that Etrigan doesn't, so either they need to admit they can't do it or need to get it fucking done. It's like Superman talking jive, either explain it and let it ride or just make him fucking talk like he normally does.

Having him rhyme every single time he speaks would get annoying really fast. Keeping it as a character quirk that he does every so often is far better

>I have never read an Etrigan comic in my life
Fucking kill yourself casual

Pretty good.

user why did you quote yourself then tell yourself to kill yourself

are you alright

is there someone we should call

>Hurr durr we should follow Kurby only MUH DOGMA
Nice try wikipediafag
Read McDuffie and Ennis' runs kiddo, him rhyming all the time is fucking awesome

Hey, let's not forget Grant. Man 90's Etrigan was sweet.

Rhyming can be great
Not rhyming can also be great

what isn't great is being autistic about something that doesn't really matter and is in the book anyway

What isn't great is you being such a defensive faggot of poor writing. I said I wouldn't mind no rhyming, if the writer just committed to it (though I obviously would prefer rhyming), but this wishy washy bullshit is lazy as fuck writing.

if it was lazy, he wouldn't have rhymed at all. If it was lazy, he wouldn't have given a reason for why he starts rhyming again.

tickling your autism doesn't make it lazy or bad, it just makes you autistic

Nah, he obviously knows that people are gonna be chapped about no rhyming, so he gives himself an out so he doesn't have to do it full time. It's not Bendis tier lazy but it's pretty damn lazy. Are you Andrew Constant by any chance? Because you're pretty dedicated to this choice.

Or some people are just not as autistic as you are. I want a story about Etrigan the Demon and Jason Blood first and foremost and if rhyming is what gets in the way of that then let's forget about rhyming altogether.

He does of he feels like it

Yes, let's forget about rhyming all together, let's not use a cheap little device so you can save face with fans, glad we agree.

According to the writer, rhyming and the lack of it will be a plot device in this series.

I think I found the interview about the rhyming.
archive.is/B4Oee
>MS: What about the rhyming, Andrew? I notice that’s missing from Etrigan’s speech at the start.
>AC: He will rhyme in the book, but it’s an old relationship between Etrigan and Jason at this point. He’s a rhyming demon, and he’ll always be a rhyming demon.
>But rhyming is something he does, to my mind, with a sense of joy or excitement. But he’s just so sick of Blood. He’s so annoyed and so angry that he’s still tied to this stupid person. >He’s just got no need to perform around Blood. He doesn’t get anything from it. It’s not performance anxiety so much as performance banality.
>You’ll see what happens when he does get away from Blood before too long. He gets that excitement back. He gets that jazz going. And the first thing he does as he gets to dance and play is rhyming.
>BW: Andrew addresses the rhyming in the first issue, and I’ve got to say: we’ve been friends for years, and I think the line of dialogue is my favorite line in the issue. But it’s also the most “Andrew” line in the issue, to the point that I just hear his voice as I read it.

Good to hear, I'll certainly eat my words if that's the case.

Meh, it'll all be in the execution I suppose.

Why are people claiming he doesn't rhyme, he clearly does. Furthermore if he is supposed to rhyme constantly which want the original case, they could explain why he ends up rhyming constantly. It seems to me in this he is obligated to rhyme but can overcome that urge when he needs to.

>no rhyming
0/10 too much water

the cw-verse drove the "Bad-ass woman beats up lecherous drunk men" trope so into the ground that it annoys me to no end now, it just seems so lazy.

>she actually turned them into cows even the two men who's only crime was not stopping their friend.
Is xanadu supposed to be a fairytale witch aka an evil cunt?

Wouldn’t bring anywhere near the blast still kill him?

she's Nimue, so pretty much

Can someone post the Bat-Etrigan Alfred thing from Injustice? That shit was wack.

Ah snap!

Honestly so long as he rhymes in his official capacity as a Rhymer im okay with him not always speaking in verse. make it his 'shit got real' mode.

Oh cool.

Bump to read, thanks OP

Bump

>AAARGH
Injustice has rotted my mind a little

Wait this is a thing? Awesome

>no mention of Alan

Fuck you anons.

Good start.