Yo I haven't read any of this for an entire year. Is it still any good? Do you guys still discuss it here dring updates...

Yo I haven't read any of this for an entire year. Is it still any good? Do you guys still discuss it here dring updates? I saw it's still ongoing and I plan on catching up but I wanted to know how it fared the past year.

Is Kirby still around and looking cute or did she get offed?

Wally's adventures with Holly and Kirby on the surface dragged on forever, but eventually concluded on a really bitter note.

Story has been back in Endtown lately, and is a return to form where everyone suffers and shit just keeps getting worse. It's a lot better than the surface shit was.

It was good. It's still good.

It's worth it to catch up.

Neat! The last bit I remember was the pig suicide/murder mystery thing starting up.

Very mixed feelings regarding the whole thing all around.

The current arc takes more of a focus on different "characters" who serve a purpose in a plot, but aren't really characters themselves. And whatever occurs with the "characters" are usually in remote instances and are never encountered or discussed upon by the current arc-set of protagonists. It's certainly not bad, but it's a bit of a stagnant period and makes me wish for the really high points of the comic to make a return.

A catboy with a regular cat? The fuck?

So how do you think this arc will play out?

I'm still dumb founded by their not even being a virus.

Then what the hell is even going on?

Horse hottie committed suicide...why are Aaron's female characters so damn mentally weak? And why is the donkey police officer gifted with hips that don't lie?

How good Endtown currently is, is directly proportional to the amount of Topsiders.

We haven't seen real topsiders since the end of JimGod.

Super natural bullshit, I think.

I... get what you're saying though I feel Walt and Portia are at least a little better in this regard than the rest.

But honestly, my problems with the current arc are Walt and Portia themselves.

...NOT that they're a couple; that's fine (and really, let's not get into waifu wars again,) but the strip *meandered* like hell on establishing they're an item and how cute they are and shit and it slowed down what's already been an agonizingly slow story arc. The problem has been actually getting to the plot and having more of it be revealed.

Of course all the characters are in over their heads on this, which.. feels real, and the consequences are playing out nicely *now*, but it really feels like no one is going to be able to *solve* the cannibal mystery and Aaron will just have to ultimately reveal it rather than allow a character to figure things out from the narrative.

people keep apes too yknow

The current arc is pretty good. Also the mod has basically banned Endtown threads here.

What does waifu wars have anything to do with why someone wouldn't like them as a couple? Their whole relationship hinges on Walt saving Portia, either from bully wolves or herself, and Portia doesn't offer anything meaningful aside being an item to Walt and a weakness of his when convienent. Hell she disappears for the whole time Walt helps Heather and once Heather dies it's like he and the plot remembered she exists just for her to be saved again by him.

Wally/Holly/Kirby arc is over, even though the comic might go back to them later. Right now it's back on Endtown, where things are worse than during the Milk Trial and everyone is fucked. I see no way for the colony to move forward after this.

So business as usual.

..I may be just mixing shit up with the *last* time there was a war, but it felt a bit time consuming for all those strips early in the arc that established them as a couple, and explaining why he and Dottie were just friends.

One of the explanations was that Walt always admired her, this new character we hadn't seen until this arc that he was suddenly smitten with. It was pretty weak given what we saw of Walt before and their relationship was (and still is, in my opinion) very cheap.

I knew Walt and Dottie were only friends since Milk Trial but you wouldn't know it from this arc. They really only talked to each other at the start when Dottie admonished him for not doing anything to push legal precedent against the wolves harassing Portia, and then again when Walt gives Dottie the cold shoulder after that trial. I don't even know if that counts since he didn't say anything to her. Probably not.

Aaron said they discussed being a couple but in the end decided against it. So there were romantic feelings between them at one point.....probably still are.

Ever since the threads started getting the boot from Sup Forums, there's been a constant thread over in /trash/. Their opinion of the current arc is less than positive, but if they're still reading then they must like it.

From what I can tell there's still readers sticking around because of past arcs and hoping the comic 'redeems' itself or becomes too intolerable to read anymore. They just had a discussion about Albert and Typhoid Marys in there last I checked.

It feels a *bit* cheap, but I knew that from some point in the comic Aaron established he and Dottie weren't a couple, so I was willing to give it a pass....

But like I've been saying the problem with this strip is we're just now getting somewhere-- It took like, what, three weeks just to get out of "Yes, Walt is totally shacking up with the pig victim lady" strips that were about them being awkward and cute, but having the cannibal thing be going on in the background of the Heather and Wolves conflict has made this feel even more interminable than it really is.

And the frustrating thing is I'm not sure how the strip could have told this all better-- Heather's literal and figurative fall juxtaposed against the wolves being suspected of the killings (and Grout being a shitty chief of police) needed to be told, but ultimately it's been nearly a year and other than the twist that the cannibals *aren't* all wolves but a cadre of various animals, we STILL know nothing. It's just focused on the reactionary shit that;s blowing up out of hand.

I'm glad FUCKING MARX just showed up for two panels (I had stopped reading after the mouse arc because of the horrible shitshow he came up with) but the whole wolf situation right now feels hamfisted to hell and back.

Endtown stopped being okay years ago, even my bookmark for it is now called "that one comic"